Sponsored by:

HP wins races and HP sells cars. :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 08:51 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by mark anderson
Greg I greatly appreciate the vote of confidence but as Garth said in Waynes World " I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy"
Greg, i can do anything mark can do. (subtract his car at willow. )
some things better and some things mark does better. I honestly think we could have a good race in any two equal cars and i would be surprised if mark didnt think the same. Again, ive been doing this a long time. seen a lot of good drivers become pretty darn good . In the end, the things i think are valuable as a driver, is the ability to think, plan and react to traffic. not just a fast lap time. thats one of those things a lot of drivers with a lot of seat time can do. (not all, but a lot)

Greg, if mark was god like, and i do think he is good, he wouldnt have lost to me , blaming tires in the rain where no one had tread, and everyone has slicks and were drivng on top of the water! did you watch the incar??? noo!!!

Ive jumped in plenty of cars , very differnet than mine and driving is driving. you push the gas, you limit the braking, and get the limit around the turns , and repeat after the exit. some make it more complicated and some are harder on the equipment too. its all the factors that make someone a GOOD driver.

its a sport and i do my due diligence to figure out ways to be better and understand what is going on with the car and how to position it to perform best. its a lost art, from what ive seen.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 98 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by GregBBRD
Mark:

I have never seen you drive, so I have no way to judge your abilities.

I can tell you this....Mark Anderson rates in the top two or three drivers that I've ever personally seen race....and without any doubt is the absolute best at adapting to car "inadequacies" that I've ever seen. Mark could certainly drive at any level, professionally, that he wanted to drive at (might be too old for Formula One.)

Mark can "hop" into virtually any car and within a couple of laps, understand that car and have it turning some of the best laps it has ever ran. I've seen him do this, time after time.

You'd have to be a really, really exceptional driver to even be in the same league.
So, Mark is The Stig?

Old 10-09-2012, 09:08 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Funny stuff. If racing was purely about physics, you'd think that every Nascar team would just hire a professor and we could decide the races on a chalkboard.
funny! Greg, nascar uses computers and programs that automatically tell them exacty what im telling you . its why they limit the hp, set the weights and set up fo the cars. its all physics. if you give someone a Physics advantage, somone smart will figure out a way to capitalize on it.

racing for nascar, as you seem to be blind to see, is about more than just power in a DYNO-OFF-COMPETITION. its put the power down, dont blow, and keep that car running while being fastest in the pits. tire strategy, setup and driver abilities all make it racing, and very close racing as you know. in sports car racing, its a little bit of everything too, but some manufactures have a different advantage at differnet tracks and some drivers can exploit those advantage more than others.

you are arguing physics which rules the sport! if you want to say it differnetly, great, but realize that its the HP -seconds thats wins races, WHICH takes into account torque, matches it with RPM and really talks about the FORCE a the rear tires. so if you want a new marketing term , or catch phrase, it would be..............HP sells cars, Force wins races ( and by the way, HP determines force at any comparable vehicle speed! hows that!?
Old 10-09-2012, 09:11 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Mark:

I have never seen you drive, so I have no way to judge your abilities.

I can tell you this....Mark Anderson rates in the top two or three drivers that I've ever personally seen race....and without any doubt is the absolute best at adapting to car "inadequacies" that I've ever seen. Mark could certainly drive at any level, professionally, that he wanted to drive at (might be too old for Formula One.)

Mark can "hop" into virtually any car and within a couple of laps, understand that car and have it turning some of the best laps it has ever ran. I've seen him do this, time after time.

You'd have to be a really, really exceptional driver to even be in the same league.
give me a car that has the same HP as the next guy and he is going to be in trouble. Im just saying. mark A or anyone! even randy pobst had to bring a $100k car to beat me by 1 second a lap, with new hoosier stickers too boot at the exact same HP and weight. chew on that .

you want to see proof, set up a test day for mark and me. Brian probably an set something up. Brian, lets to a NASA enduro for 3 hours. we all drive one stint. best time wins! I would be all over that!!
Old 10-09-2012, 09:51 PM
GregBBRD
Former Sponsor

Received 2,476 Likes on 1,468 Posts

Originally Posted by mark anderson
Greg I greatly appreciate the vote of confidence but as Garth said in Waynes World " I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy"
Yeah.

How many here know that Mark Anderson won the Porsche Cup, one year?

This is awarded to the best Porsche driver, in the entire world, for one year.

One winner, per year.

Porsche flies the winner to Germany for a special dinner and awards ceremony.

Even for the "Never going to agree with your point Kibort" this has to be a major stumbling block in his arguement that he's as good as Anderson.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:53 PM
GregBBRD
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mark kibort
Greg, i can do anything mark can do. (subtract his car at willow. )
some things better and some things mark does better. I honestly think we could have a good race in any two equal cars and i would be surprised if mark didnt think the same. Again, ive been doing this a long time. seen a lot of good drivers become pretty darn good . In the end, the things i think are valuable as a driver, is the ability to think, plan and react to traffic. not just a fast lap time. thats one of those things a lot of drivers with a lot of seat time can do. (not all, but a lot)

Greg, if mark was god like, and i do think he is good, he wouldnt have lost to me , blaming tires in the rain where no one had tread, and everyone has slicks and were drivng on top of the water! did you watch the incar??? noo!!!

Ive jumped in plenty of cars , very differnet than mine and driving is driving. you push the gas, you limit the braking, and get the limit around the turns , and repeat after the exit. some make it more complicated and some are harder on the equipment too. its all the factors that make someone a GOOD driver.

its a sport and i do my due diligence to figure out ways to be better and understand what is going on with the car and how to position it to perform best. its a lost art, from what ive seen.
See post #95.

You've won the Porsche Cup how many times?
Old 10-09-2012, 09:54 PM
GregBBRD
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Randy V
So, Mark is The Stig?

Watch carefully....certainly could be.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:59 PM
GregBBRD
Former Sponsor

give me a car that has the same HP as the next guy and he is going to be in trouble. Im just saying. mark A or anyone! even randy pobst had to bring a $100k car to beat me by 1 second a lap, with new hoosier stickers too boot at the exact same HP and weight. chew on that .

you want to see proof, set up a test day for mark and me. Brian probably an set something up. Brian, lets to a NASA enduro for 3 hours. we all drive one stint. best time wins! I would be all over that!!
I have no need to prove/disprove who is the best. I know that Mark Anderson is one of the best drivers that I've ever seen. That's a fact. If you are the same, or better.....it's really fortunate/unique that we have two really great non-professional drivers that are involved in the 928 world.

Have you read post #95, yet?

The odds really are not in your favor.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:18 PM
GregBBRD
Former Sponsor

Having worked professionally for many different race teams, over the years, I've seen a whole bunch of drivers that thought they were "heroes" rent a seat and find out that they were really not all that fast, once they get away from their "home tracks".

Daytona and Sebring are filled with these people, every year. We called them "seat covers".

"OK, we are ahead by 20 laps. Go get one of the "seat covers" and let them drive for an hour. Hopefully they won't crash the car and we can put one of the "hot shoes" back in the car, later, to make up for their slow lap times."

Mark Anderson is one of the "hot shoes"....always has been.

Perhaps at your home tracks you might be "adequate"....but once you get away from tracks that you've driven a zillion laps at....how are you?

That's the measure of a really good driver....not some guy who wears his "hero suit" (driving suit) to breakfast, at Denny's.

Muscle memory doesn't cut it. How quickly can you get "up to speed" at a foreign track, in a foreign car? That's the real measure of a great driver.

If you really want to find out, pick a track that neither of you have been to and go run it, together, with the same car on the same day.

I'm betting that Anderson is many seconds faster.

Many.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:43 PM
justaguy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW! Lets settle this I need 2 drivers for Chump Car in Portland Oct 27-28 sounds like the perfect place to settle this to me! POS Honda civic is the car.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:45 PM
jcorenman
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 153 Posts

Yeah.

How many here know that Mark Anderson won the Porsche Cup, one year?

This is awarded to the best Porsche driver, in the entire world, for one year.

One winner, per year.

Porsche flies the winner to Germany for a special dinner and awards ceremony.

Even for the "Never going to agree with your point Kibort" this has to be a major stumbling block in his arguement that he's as good as Anderson.
Is this the picture that you are looking for?

P.S. Mark Kibort, you are being silly. There are other oils that are as good or better than Amsoil, Sharktuning works, and Mark Anderson is a better driver. Get over it.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Jon B.
Three Wheelin'

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

Stroking your own ego is kinda like giving yourself a "cool" nickname that you insist everyone call you. It's never actually "cool", and nobody takes you seriously ever again (if they did before).

Your only saving grace is to be as good or better than you told everyone you were.

Chances are you won't be that good.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:28 AM
James Bailey
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Ah....."any car , coming of a curve with the same HP as another, regardless of torque values, will accelerate the same. this is a fact.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:58 AM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 267 Posts

Geezus, is Mark Kibort ever going to stop sucking his own *****? This is just sad.

And to think he's mentoring a kid to follow in his shoes.

Hey Mark, you ever decide how you are going to get all those names on your car that paid for the stroker engine? I tell ya, that was the best $20.00 I ever spent. The humor is amazing, I'm sure the rest of Rennlist is not quite as happy.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:49 AM
winders
Race Car

Received 888 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by James Bailey
Ah....."any car , coming of a curve with the same HP as another, regardless of torque values, will accelerate the same. this is a fact.

Everyone knows that a 2000 lbs car generating 100 horsepower will accelerate the same as a 4000 lbs car generating 100 HP, don't they? It "is a fact", right?

Hold on, did he forget the "m" in "a = F/m"?

Scott

Quick Reply: HP wins races and HP sells cars. :)