2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Singapore Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011 | 08:06 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Pete
READ MY LIPS, "A vote for me is a vote to cut Wayne off at the knees"!!! And two new GT3s in everyones garage!
I'd settle for one GT3. I'm not greedy. My 993 has been an absolutely awesome platform on the track to learn on. But I lust for more power now and I believe I am ready for it. So yes you have my vote if it means a new GT3 ... LOL ... though cutting Wayne off might be worth a few chuckles and is just a bonus.
Old 09-22-2011 | 08:14 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mklaskin
Pete, you may not like what I have to say...

I actually think Alonso is the most complete driver on the grid. Yep, I said it.

Alonso and Senna would have been a pairing of very determined, very emotional, and very talented competitors. Alonso has proven to have a very deep resolve, a strong resilience. His self-centered nature actually reminds me of one M. Schumacher

But he's not perfect. None of them have been, none will ever be. Well, maybe Jim Clark.

And for the record, I don't buy any of this "faux" nonsense.

By the way, I'm pulling for Nico Rosberg.
Alonso is an awesome driver and I have really been impressed by his attitude this season over what he showed us the last few years. Is he the best? That's hard to say. I think Jenson Button has been just as good as Alonso if not better in 2011. Vettel? He has the car, but it is too early to label him "The Best". **** the guy is still young, still learning and still maturing. All I can say about Vettel is he has done everything he needed to do to take the F1 world by a storm. Vettel has totally turned his career around since he crashed into Button at the 2010 Belgian Grand Prix. Yes Red Bull is a step ahead of McLaren who is a step ahead of Ferrari. But these are steps measured in 10ths of a second and the cars do not drive themselves. They are all good and you need the total package car+driver+good team strategies+luck to be champ.

Oh and Nico Rosberg is also an awesome driver. He's just yet to drive in the best car. But I would definitely be cheering for him if he was to be in the lead late in a race. It would be nice to see Nico finally win a GP.
Old 09-22-2011 | 09:33 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by My993C2
I find it funny how Wayne claims one driver is a real champion while another driver is a fake champion. Case in point Wayne claims Lewis Hamilton is a real champion while Vettel is a fake champion. Wayne claims Vettel is a driver who lacks skill (despite the fact that three races in a row now Vettel has passed Alonso on the track under green light conditions).
Never said vettel lacked skills , but go ahead and show me when i said he had no skills,...I said he was not as special as the others..

Specifically Alonso/Hamilton ...

5 pages and we've yet to turn a wheel in practice.... amazing......

When it's all said and done, Alonso will be but a footnote in the history of F1 known more for the numerous scandals surrounding him on and off the track -- the largest in F1 history -- that will be his legacy, guaranteed.

Senna, Schumacher will still be remembered long after all others are gone as the true kings of the sport. Vettel is still far too young and could have multiple WDC still to come, but one thing is almost certain, looks like he is odds on favorite to get more than Fergie
What another one of your BS predictions .... You haven't been correct about anything in 5 yrs NOT ONE !

i will put this one beside your others ...

* Alonso career is over ( 2007)
* Ferrari will never hire Alonso ..(2008)
* Alonso will never be paid again to drive a car (2008)
* Alonso will never fit in at ferrari (2009)
* Alonso will never last at Ferrari ( 2010)
* Schumacher will show them, he is the greatest ..(2009)
* Schumacher is the greatest , better than Senna..
* Ferrari would never replace kimi with Alonso...

Ahhh to kill a mocking bird ..........

Last edited by A.Wayne; 09-22-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old 09-22-2011 | 09:42 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Yea, I almost put him in there, but I didn't much care for his way of manipulating the political side of F1 in his favor. I'm not going to go as far as saying he's a faux champion though.....
I agree with you on Prost's manipulating the Political side of F1.

Alian Prost had Jean-Marie Balestre in his hip pocket. Jean-Marie Balestre was so corrupt that he makes Bernie Ecclestone look fair and unbiased.

I thought that back when it happened, when I got my GP information from Road and Track, Chris Economacki's Speed and Sport News, and Autoweek.

Seeing Senna brought back everything I thought then.
Old 09-22-2011 | 09:45 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Don't forget Prost...Little french guy, funny nose...4 time World Champion...
+10

Easily one of the greats no 5 on my top 10 list ..............

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
All of this FAUX stuff is a ruse designed to get A.Wayne more attention than he other-wise deserves. Truth be told, tell me which one of you, including you A.Whyne, wouldn't trade places with Button in a heart-beat. WDC, decent looks, hottie GF and boat-loads of driver talent. That would make a good poll - Which F1 driver would you want to trade places with? And you can't include Sato, because he would garner all of the votes, of course.
Is that a thanks for bringing back the life in here... your welcome ...

^^^^ TRUTH ^^^^^^

Larry, do I have your vote for my candidacy to be Mod??? The problem with ltc is that he encourages Wayne to post and feels lonely when he doesn't. It's a cat and mouse thing. THEN, wayne brings in an intern by the name of Raj to do his dirty work for him.

READ MY LIPS, "A vote for me is a vote to cut Wayne off at the knees"!!! And two new GT3s in everyones garage!
This should tell everyone ,everything they need to know about you , you are one jealous scronful, little runt, grovelling for power, because you cant compete.

Yeah vote for me , i will get rid of him ...

How pathetic ..
Old 09-22-2011 | 09:50 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FGL28

Alian Prost had Jean-Marie Balestre in his hip pocket. Jean-Marie Balestre was so corrupt that he makes Bernie Ecclestone look fair and unbiased.

I thought that back when it happened, when I got my GP information from Road and Track, Chris Economacki's Speed and Sport News, and Autoweek.

I call BS ..( Copyrighted mountain man )

JMB never drove the car and apart from the one fiasco in japan with Senna go ahead and show me how he gave Prost 4 wdc and all those records.

Please show me how Prost manipulated the sport politically .....
Old 09-22-2011 | 09:57 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

They all come with baggage, political or otherwise. Prost delivered when it counted. Considering his era, and his competition, he could never be considered anything other than legitimate.
+10

Pete, you may not like what I have to say...

I actually think Alonso is the most complete driver on the grid. Yep, I said it.

Alonso and Senna would have been a pairing of very determined, very emotional, and very talented competitors. Alonso has proven to have a very deep resolve, a strong resilience. His self-centered nature actually reminds me of one M. Schumacher

But he's not perfect. None of them have been, none will ever be. Well, maybe Jim Clark.

And for the record, I don't buy any of this "faux" nonsense.

By the way, I'm pulling for Nico Rosberg.
You will get the faux thing as you climb the progressive ladder of Bionic knowledge, Clark was a " one" he is number 3 on my list of all time greats .

A Tip: Logic and Pete dont mix, he still wear his Schumacher 7 times World Faux champion Butt plug, the pressure is severe ....

Poor fella ....

Yea, I almost put him in there, but I didn't much care for his way of manipulating the political side of F1 in his favor. I'm not going to go as far as saying he's a faux champion though.....
Pete you and the band at it again , try backing up that BS with some facts ......

Last edited by A.Wayne; 09-22-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-22-2011 | 10:05 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

^^^^ TRUTH ^^^^^^

Larry, do I have your vote for my candidacy to be Mod??? The problem with ltc is that he encourages Wayne to post and feels lonely when he doesn't. It's a cat and mouse thing. THEN, wayne brings in an intern by the name of Raj to do his dirty work for him.

Sounding a little desperate there, no? Why such a need to become mod? Power hungry maybe?
I don't see anything wrong with current setup except when Mr Dirty Cop abuses his power.
Old 09-22-2011 | 10:11 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Sounding a little desperate there, no? Why such a need to become mod? Power hungry maybe?I don't see anything wrong with current setup except when Mr Dirty Cop abuses his power.
Well it's the season for campaigns, Pete's running on "Hope and Change" ........
Old 09-22-2011 | 10:13 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Never said vettel lacked skills , but go ahead and show me when i said he had no skills,...I said he was not as special as the others..

Specifically Alonso/Hamilton ...

What another one of your BS predictions .... You haven't been correct about anything in 5 yrs NOT ONE !

i will put this one beside your others ...

* Alonso career is over ( 2007)
* Ferrari will never hire Alonso ..(2008)
* Alonso will never be paid again to drive a car (2008)
* Alonso will never fit in at ferrari (2009)
* Alonso will never last at Ferrari ( 2010)
* Schumacher will show them, he is the greatest ..(2009)
* Schumacher is the greatest , better than Senna..
* Ferrari would never replace kimi with Alonso...

Ahhh to kill a mocking bird ..........
Sounds like someone has a real hard on for Alonso. Yeah, take them to be a fair person, LOL. And they expect to become moderators, RIGHT! I can only imagine...
Old 09-22-2011 | 10:17 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by My993C2
Alonso is an awesome driver and I have really been impressed by his attitude this season over what he showed us the last few years. Is he the best? That's hard to say. I think Jenson Button has been just as good as Alonso if not better in 2011. Vettel? He has the car, but it is too early to label him "The Best". **** the guy is still young, still learning and still maturing. All I can say about Vettel is he has done everything he needed to do to take the F1 world by a storm. Vettel has totally turned his career around since he crashed into Button at the 2010 Belgian Grand Prix. Yes Red Bull is a step ahead of McLaren who is a step ahead of Ferrari. But these are steps measured in 10ths of a second and the cars do not drive themselves. They are all good and you need the total package car+driver+good team strategies+luck to be champ.

Oh and Nico Rosberg is also an awesome driver. He's just yet to drive in the best car. But I would definitely be cheering for him if he was to be in the lead late in a race. It would be nice to see Nico finally win a GP.
Quickly ...

What does Rosberg and vettel have in common ......
Old 09-22-2011 | 10:23 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

^^^^ TRUTH ^^^^^^

You got my vote.

Alonso did not have a strong teammate during his title years, and his behaviour at McLaren was that of a petulant child. We all expected him to dig deep and blow Hamilton off the track. He threw the team under the bus, and despite what others have said about Schumacher, he never put himself above the team.

Let's also remember that he won 5 races for Ferrari last year, when the collective opposition could do little against Red Bull.

I said I think he's the most complete driver on the grid. I'm only comparing him to this years field.

Hamilton and Vettel need to, and will, mature. I see them as the main protagonists in the future.

But today, were it my money, and I could choose from the lot, it would be Alonso.

I get it if you don't agree.

And I will be pulling for Nico this weekend.
I do not agree with your thinking Alonso is the most complete driver. Sorry, he lacks the maturity, the desire, and common sense to be the best driver.

I do agree with your assessment of Alonso at McLaren. Instead of using Hamilton as a goal to defeat. Button does and his record shows he is doing a good job.

Originally Posted by FGL28

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
I call BS ..( Copyrighted mountain man )

JMB never drove the car and apart from the one fiasco in japan with Senna go ahead and show me how he gave Prost 4 wdc and all those records.

Just because you call Bull**** does not mean it is not true. Look at the way JMB ran F1, look at the drivers meeting in Senna he was a meglomaniac..

Prost was talented but he did have favorite son status from JMB. Why did you think JMB's time in F1 was so short?
Please show me how Prost manipulated the sport politically .....
Old 09-22-2011 | 10:32 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

^^^ Just as i thought you have nothing on Prost ............

Where there is smoke .

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94717

Red Bull rubbishes budget discrepancies suggestions

A recent audit of the activities of a selection of teams by Dutch consultancy firm Capgemini prompted media reports that - on the back of the outfit asking for clarification about certain elements of the investigation discrepancies had been found at Red Bull Racing

Dat thieving Rat Vettel ( applying amigo logic ) having the best car was not enuff ..........

Last edited by A.Wayne; 09-22-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-22-2011 | 10:43 PM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

If I may infuse some unbias opinion, thank you.

A wise man once said to me, "A good driver makes a bad car look good". This was certainly true when Alonso didn't have a good Renault underneath him and it's true today as his Ferrari is the 5th best car on grid behind BOTH RB and BOTH MACS.

We might not see Vettel drive the 2nd or 3rd best car on the grid for a year or two, but it will happen as no one is on top for long and only then will we see brilliance or failure.

Also note that during the Ferrari/Schumacher domiance of a few years ago, Michael was very impressive in 2005 getting way more points than any other Bridgestone runners in the field. Need I remind everyone that only 6 cars were on Renaults, all the rest on Bridgestones. That is a good driver that made a bad car look good.

We saw the same thing in 2009 when Lewis Hamilton had a dog. He too made a bad car look good and proved his metal.

Although I'm an Alonso supporter and am not yet convinced on Vettel, I would give my vote to Pete ASAP if it meant giving him the power to terminate Wayne's ability to be a turd in the punch bowl. Can't a current moderator get him under control? The tone of these threads borders on absurd when he posts his drivel.
Old 09-22-2011 | 10:50 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
If I may infuse some unbias opinion, thank you.

A wise man once said to me, "A good driver makes a bad car look good". This was certainly true when Alonso didn't have a good Renault underneath him and it's true today as his Ferrari is the 5th best car on grid behind BOTH RB and BOTH MACS.

We might not see Vettel drive the 2nd or 3rd best car on the grid for a year or two, but it will happen as no one is on top for long and only then will we see brilliance or failure.

Also note that during the Ferrari/Schumacher domiance of a few years ago, Michael was very impressive in 2005 getting way more points than any other Bridgestone runners in the field. Need I remind everyone that only 6 cars were on Renaults, all the rest on Bridgestones. That is a good driver that made a bad car look good.

We saw the same thing in 2009 when Lewis Hamilton had a dog. He too made a bad car look good and proved his metal.

Although I'm an Alonso supporter and am not yet convinced on Vettel, I would give my vote to Pete ASAP if it meant giving him the power to terminate Wayne's ability to be a turd in the punch bowl. Can't a current moderator get him under control? The tone of these threads borders on absurd when he posts his drivel.
LOL....The Irony ............ another for Hope and change Stockholm syndrome...?

Quick Reply: 2011 Singapore Grand Prix