Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Singapore Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 01:30 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,379 Likes on 2,003 Posts

Omg.... Now A Whine and Raj are putting on a tag team show? Where is the third stooge, Luis De Prat?

Texas, Hamilton Had a DNF in 2010
Old 09-22-2011, 01:33 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Briatore is an inside guy, he needed FA to score points at that race to lock in his contract , see L-O-C-K IN his contract , there was nothing in it for Alonso who wanted out of his contract .

I don't believe he knew at the time of the event or had anything to do with it ................he wanted out of his contract, which had an performance CLause for Renault and he had a signed deal with Ferrari from 2008, once they had worked something out with KR..

Fixing races is not new for Flav, he did 2 WDC for stooley with illegal Faux control

I must say i was VERY, VERY disappointed when JJ got hurt , that let stooley off the hook, big time ....

Way over the amigos head was the very fact that PK's crash did not give Alonso that victory, ray should watch that race again FA's driving was brilliant, he broke it off in them with an Renault ....

Faux Killa Rules ..........................................
Old 09-22-2011, 01:37 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
Omg.... Now A Whine and Raj are putting on a tag team show? Where is the third stooge, Luis De Prat?

Texas, Hamilton Had a DNF in 2010
Humble Pete ...

How's the band doing , your quintet ? Pete and the dickswingers ....
Old 09-22-2011, 08:45 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
On Speedtv..

Sebastian Vettel may be about to match his tally of championships, but Fernando Alonso remains the best driver in Formula One.
[COLOR="red"][B]"I definitely think Alonso is still the best and, if not the best, then the most complete," said the Italian..
Raj,
Thank you very much.
I had been under the false assumption that finishing 1st meant you were the best or a champion.
Clearly finishing 2nd makes you the best.

As I've said before, wake me up when:

A. Alonso wins a WDC for Ferrari (already in process between Bernie and Luca)
B. Luis de Prat makes his triumphant return.

Until then, enjoy watching the best driver, the most complete driver, driving for his dream team, the most famous, the most favored team in F1 finish 2nd for a 2nd year in a row (if he's lucky, 3rd seems more probable with the McLaren pace)

Who would have ever thought that a wind tunnel could be such a complicated thing.
Apparently the instructions contained a few errors when translated into Italian...or is it more a sinister plot to intentionally sabotage Ferrari.
The streets of Maranello will run red with the blood of those responsible for this outage".....Luca
Old 09-22-2011, 09:42 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Funny how your quantum logic never applied in 05/06...... So if this equal dat and dat equal dis...

Then ......

Originally Posted by ltc
Raj,
Thank you very much.
I had been under the false assumption that finishing 1st meant you were the best or a champion.

Agree and it does, as in 05/06 and again when KR won in 07 , Hamilton in 08, it doesn't count when you are a faux champion as in 09,10,11,

WDC champions 05,06,07,08,
Faux Champions in 09,10 and soon to be in 11 ...

Hence the vote , the choice, by the drivers, by the owners , by A.Wayne, the last real 2 WDC ... the " one" ...

"Generally if you race someone like Fernando, who has experience and you respect a lot, you can push the limits and go wheel to wheel without thinking about, because they know you are there and they will give you room, not a lot, but enough."

- Sebastien Vettel

Fernando Alonso sets sights on Singapore Grand Prix win

By Pablo Elizalde Wednesday, September 21st 2011, 16:01 GMT

Fernando Alonso says he has his sights set on another victory at the Singapore Grand Prix, even if the Ferrari driver concedes it will be difficult. Alonso has won at the Marina Bay circuit twice - in 2008 and 2010 - with a third place in the 2009 race making it one of the Spaniard's best tracks.

The Ferrari driver, second in the standings behind Sebastian Vettel, reckons beating the German this year will be very hard, but he is determined to try and extend his run of success in Singapore. The two-time champion believes the circuit should suit his car, just like Monaco did earlier this season."I have always managed to make the podium in the three previous editions and my objective is to make it four out of four," said Alonso on Ferrari's website.

"A third victory to go with those of 2008 and last year would clearly be fantastic but I know that it will be very hard.

"At Monaco we certainly came very close to victory - without the final red flag I think I would have had an excellent chance to overtake Sebastian – but it's also true that you can't always guarantee that things go the same way.

"What is certain is that we will give everything: I think we have the chance to do well as long as we get the best out of every aspect: tyres, set-up, engine, teamwork, everything has to be at 100 per cent."

He added: "We hope to repeat the weekend of 2010 and thus to present another victory to the Prancing Horse and to all our fans. That is our target, one that will remain for all the coming races."

Who was it that said Alonso would never fit in at Ferrari ...Ahhh yes , another one of humble Pete's valuable F1 tidbit....

Last edited by A.Wayne; 09-22-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:50 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Vettel FTW and WDC.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:54 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

"...Alonso has won at the Marina Bay circuit twice - in 2008 and 2010 - with a third place in the 2009 race making it one of the Spaniard's best tracks."

I am amazed at how he can even show up to race at that track, but then again, he has no idea of Crashgate.
Perhaps someone should have told him?
Old 09-22-2011, 11:29 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Humble Pete ...

How's the band doing , your quintet ? Pete and the dickswingers ....
I never said I was humble. That was someone else's opinion. Obviously they don't know me very well because it's hard to be humble when you can drive a 944 Spec with such speed that it blures the line between it and an F1 car

Still waiting for you to post a video of you "mad skilzz" faux killa... Here's another video of Overrated 2 getting passed by the youngest WDC in history. Didn't look that hard even when pushed onto the grass by Mr. Overrated...

Old 09-22-2011, 12:11 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94704

Alonso says Vettel deserves to be in the position he is in
By Pablo Elizalde Thursday, September 22nd 2011, 10:30 GMT

Fernando Alonso says Sebastian Vettel and Red Bull deserve to be in the position they are in after a close to perfect season so far for the German.

Vettel, winner of eight races so far this year, could clinch his second title in Singapore this weekend if the results favour him.

The Red Bull driver is 112 points ahead of Alonso with six races to go.

The Ferrari driver conceded Vettel has been the best this year and insists that, even with the best car, the German has proved to be very strong in all circumstances.

"He's driving fantastically," Alonso told reporters in Singapore. "I think this year he has made no mistakes or very few mistakes. Last year we had a bigger chance. I think the Red Bull was very dominant also last year but had some trouble in some races.

"This year they improved all those problems. The car is as quick as last year. He has finished all the races. I think he's the only driver who has finished all the races, and plus he's driving very, very well.

"When you have a dominant car it's easy to get a pole position or win a race, but there's been some occasions this year when the conditions were very tricky like Canada or Silverstone and he managed to pull a perfect lap in qualifying and a perfect race from the start to the end.

"So in general he has been the best driver, and the best team and the best package, so they deserve to be where they are."

When asked if he had given up on his hopes to win the title this year, Alonso said: "Yes".

Alonso, who has won in Singapore twice in three years, is adamant Ferrari will be strong this weekend, but concedes beating Red Bull and McLaren will not be easy.

"Singapore is one of our best opportunities in the remaining races because the characteristics of the circuit are similar to Monte Carlo, where we were quite competitive there.

"And we have the soft and the super soft tyres, a combination that we like more. So it should be a good weekend for us, but victory is never easy, never close enough when we are fighting with Red Bull and McLaren. So it's going to be tough but hopefully closer than in some other places."

Discuss...
Old 09-22-2011, 12:15 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

More praise...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94714

Hamilton praises 'exceptional' Vettel
By Jonathan Noble and Pablo Elizalde Thursday, September 22nd 2011, 15:03 GMT

Lewis Hamilton has labelled Sebastian Vettel's performance this season as "exceptional", as the German edges closer to his second title.

"I think he has been exceptional this year," said Hamilton on Thursday in Singapore.

"He has really driven really, really well. He has finished first and second in all the races, apart from one, so massively consistent, massively well controlled.

"His persona, his attitude I think has been very professional, he has made very few mistakes - and even the two small mistakes have not been very costly. So I take my hat off to him – I think he has done fantastically well."

Vettel, last year's world champion, has scored eight victories this season and has finished on the podium 12 times in 13 races.

Hamilton's team-mate Jenson Button also hailed Vettel's season, claiming the German has driven a lot better than last year, whe he feels the Red Bull driver made too many mistakes.

"I said last year before he won the championship that I didn't think he would win, because he made too many mistakes," said Button. "That it my opinion, obviously he will not agree with that, but this year he has driven really well.

"More than his speed, he has made a lot less mistakes, he looks very confident in the car he is driving.

"You don't win a world championship in a bad car, you win a championship in a good car, but he has got a great car underneath and has done the perfect job with it."
Old 09-22-2011, 12:45 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mike,

What do Alonso and Hamilton know? They're just F1 drivers.

Gee.... where have I heard that before.... Oh, that's right Raj quoting Luizzi....
Old 09-22-2011, 01:22 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by mklaskin
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94704

When asked if he had given up on his hopes to win the title this year, Alonso said: "Yes". Discuss...
Luca, do you have a comment?

Don''t worry Fernando, there is always next year, as long as the Santander money holds out...

Old 09-22-2011, 01:37 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

2nd with a donkey ..

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-01-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:42 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
2nd with a donkey ..
The season isn't over yet.

Besides, 2nd, 3rd ... a bit beneath the standards and expectations of "The Best" ...

If only he drove for a team that could be competitive and give Alonso everything he needs to win a WDC...
Old 09-22-2011, 02:17 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Amazing how all the predictions of Vettel not having the maturity to repeat or being crushed by the pressure of a WDC have been proven incorrect. If anything it's fed his ability to win.

If he can improve this much over a short time it's gotta be disheartening to his competition, particularly Hamilton, who was the supposed inheritor of F1 until Vettel.

Even more amazing is how many mistakes his closest competitors have made in and out of the car this season trying to catch him.

Quick Reply: 2011 Singapore Grand Prix