Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 02:23 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

Is it just me or does that coverpage picture say

HOW THE RULES LET ALONSO BEAT RED BULL.

Surely he does not need the rules to help him. Not if you are the BEST. He is indeed darn good. But just not good enough for this season as it turns out.

Anyway it good to see the "INSIDERS" who are racing out there agree on Vettel and Red Bulls body of work for the season.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:25 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find it funny how Wayne claims one driver is a real champion while another driver is a fake champion. Case in point Wayne claims Lewis Hamilton is a real champion while Vettel is a fake champion. Wayne claims Vettel is a driver who lacks skill (despite the fact that three races in a row now Vettel has passed Alonso on the track under green light conditions). We all know that presently Red Bull is the best car, but in a sport when the drivers are lapping within a few tenths of a second of each other (sometimes less), the cars are not driving themselves. The drivers still have some say in how these cars are driven. If Wayne had any real world experience he would know this.

Think back to the closing laps of the 2008 Brazilian Grand Prix. Was it, or was it not Vettel who passed Hamilton on the track under green light conditions that put Hamilton's championship hopes in jeopardy? If not for Timo Glock losing all pace with his dry tires on the last few turns of the last lap of the race on a damp track, Massa and not Hamilton would have been crowned champion. Would Massa be a faux or a real champion? You know Massa the guy who is inferior to the Great Fernando. Now I am not saying Timo Glock purposely slowed down to aid Hamilton. I just have to laugh that Massa crossed the line thinking he was the champ only to find out that Timo Glock went from someone who had no trouble whatsoever keeping pace with all the other drivers in the first half of the last lap of the race to someone who could not maintain a racing pace. These things happen, but Lewis Hamilton was extremely lucky to have been crowned the champ. Vettel passed Hamilton on the track, a Toro Rosso passing a mighty McLaren. So why exactly is Hamilton a real champion while Vettel and Button are faux champions?

There is only one person around here who claims "true" and "faux" championship status and ironically this person has no real world experience on a race track and yet is not afraid to criticize those who do have real world experience all because they cheer for someone else. LOL

Last edited by My993C2; 09-22-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:30 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,280 Likes on 1,937 Posts

5 pages and we've yet to turn a wheel in practice.... amazing......

When it's all said and done, Alonso will be but a footnote in the history of F1 known more for the numerous scandals surrounding him on and off the track -- the largest in F1 history -- that will be his legacy, guaranteed.

Senna, Schumacher will still be remembered long after all others are gone as the true kings of the sport. Vettel is still far too young and could have multiple WDC still to come, but one thing is almost certain, looks like he is odds on favorite to get more than Fergie
Old 09-22-2011, 02:50 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete

When it's all said and done, Alonso will be but a footnote in the history of F1 known more for the numerous scandals surrounding him on and off the track -- the largest in F1 history -- that will be his legacy, guaranteed.

Senna, Schumacher will still be remembered long after all others are gone as the true kings of the sport. Vettel is still far too young and could have multiple WDC still to come, but one thing is almost certain, looks like he is odds on favorite to get more than Fergie
Don't forget Prost...Little french guy, funny nose...4 time World Champion...
Old 09-22-2011, 03:28 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I love these threads.

Agreed

Of course there is a vocal minority (those with bandaids from hitting the "hurt feelings button" too many time) who would argue that Alonso is innocent of all charges and just an unfortunate victim of circumstance and vendetta.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:30 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mklaskin
Don't forget Prost...Little french guy, funny nose...4 time World Champion...
Yea, I almost put him in there, but I didn't much care for his way of manipulating the political side of F1 in his favor. I'm not going to go as far as saying he's a faux champion though.....
Old 09-22-2011, 04:54 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Yea, I almost put him in there, but I didn't much care for his way of manipulating the political side of F1 in his favor. I'm not going to go as far as saying he's a faux champion though.....
They all come with baggage, political or otherwise. Prost delivered when it counted. Considering his era, and his competition, he could never be considered anything other than legitimate.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:07 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mklaskin
They all come with baggage, political or otherwise. Prost delivered when it counted. Considering his era, and his competition, he could never be considered anything other than legitimate.
But, but, but , but the Professor never had competition the likes of the "ONE"....

I kid Mike, a little play on the theme of this thread -- "The dreaded FAUX champsions".

When you have Senna as a teammate it's hard to say you were a faux anything.

Quick pro quot, How would Alonso have done with a teammate as focused and determined as Senna? My guess is that he wouldn't have been good enough to carry his helmet to the grid...
Old 09-22-2011, 05:31 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Quick pro quot, How would Alonso have done with a teammate as focused and determined as Senna?
You got a glimpse of that when they paired Alonso with a rookie Lewis Hamilton and everyone knows how well that went. Alex I'd like to select "Blackmail my team for number one status" for $100 please....
Old 09-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

All of this FAUX stuff is a ruse designed to get A.Wayne more attention than he other-wise deserves. Truth be told, tell me which one of you, including you A.Whyne, wouldn't trade places with Button in a heart-beat. WDC, decent looks, hottie GF and boat-loads of driver talent. That would make a good poll - Which F1 driver would you want to trade places with? And you can't include Sato, because he would garner all of the votes, of course.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 09-22-2011, 06:04 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
All of this FAUX stuff is a ruse designed to get A.Wayne more attention than he other-wise deserves.
^^^^ TRUTH ^^^^^^

Larry, do I have your vote for my candidacy to be Mod??? The problem with ltc is that he encourages Wayne to post and feels lonely when he doesn't. It's a cat and mouse thing. THEN, wayne brings in an intern by the name of Raj to do his dirty work for him.

READ MY LIPS, "A vote for me is a vote to cut Wayne off at the knees"!!! And two new GT3s in everyones garage!
Old 09-22-2011, 07:10 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

But, but, but , but the Professor never had competition the likes of the "ONE"....

I kid Mike, a little play on the theme of this thread -- "The dreaded FAUX champsions".

When you have Senna as a teammate it's hard to say you were a faux anything.

Quick pro quot, How would Alonso have done with a teammate as focused and determined as Senna? My guess is that he wouldn't have been good enough to carry his helmet to the grid...
Pete, you may not like what I have to say...

I actually think Alonso is the most complete driver on the grid. Yep, I said it.

Alonso and Senna would have been a pairing of very determined, very emotional, and very talented competitors. Alonso has proven to have a very deep resolve, a strong resilience. His self-centered nature actually reminds me of one M. Schumacher

But he's not perfect. None of them have been, none will ever be. Well, maybe Jim Clark.

And for the record, I don't buy any of this "faux" nonsense.

By the way, I'm pulling for Nico Rosberg.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:26 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mike did the weekend start early for you this week?

When has Alonso had any pressure from a teammate? 2007 and we know how that ended. When pressure is applied to Alonso, he crumbles rather than harden like a diamond (u like that one).

Alonso felt great pressure last year -- his first with Ferrari and made a tremendous amount of unforced errors not the least which When the title was on the line and all he had to do was finish 5th or better he simply failed to deliver.

Others can say he the team took their eye off the ball but it was pretty clear what had to be done... Pass Petrov and win the title. He pulled a Lebron James rather than a Michael Jordan.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:00 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Ha, I wish the weekend could come early. I work in commercial real estate...

Like I said, he's not perfect and I don't buy the "faux" stuff. Alonso did not have a strong teammate during his title years, and his behaviour at McLaren was that of a petulant child. We all expected him to dig deep and blow Hamilton off the track. He threw the team under the bus, and despite what others have said about Schumacher, he never put himself above the team.

Let's also remember that he won 5 races for Ferrari last year, when the collective opposition could do little against Red Bull.

I said I think he's the most complete driver on the grid. I'm only comparing him to this years field.

Hamilton and Vettel need to, and will, mature. I see them as the main protagonists in the future.

But today, were it my money, and I could choose from the lot, it would be Alonso.

I get it if you don't agree.

And I will be pulling for Nico this weekend.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:03 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Wait.

"Pulling for Nico?"

No, I will not be masturbating to Nico Rosberg this weekend. Sickos!!! Get your mind out the gutter.

Quick Reply: 2011 Singapore Grand Prix