Sergio Perez
0%
Sebastien Buemi
0%
Jamie Algersuari
0%
Jarno Trulli
0%
Takuma Sato (aka Old Master of Monza, Secret darling of the Tifosi)
2.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Italian Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 07:54 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
The other 3 guys under him might as well retire! (especially since they all have better cars).
2nd in driver's championship so far, with an inferior car. Sounds like downhill to me.
NICE!
Excuse me Raj, would you please clarify your statement above?

By inferior car, do you mean 2nd best car, 3rd best car or 5th best car?

Old 09-19-2011, 10:30 AM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasRider
To me at this point the likely most motivated man on the grid to snag the #2 spot this year, and in a position to do so, would be Button. And I am rooting for him to do it.

Alonso has performed and made the Ferrari faithful happy enough. He gets on the podium and to 2nd in points there in front of the home crowd in Italy. He is the #1 on the team and now can say we are working on the next car.

Webber sees his teammate is about to win his 2nd consecutive WDC and knows that while they are equal, right now SV is just a bit more equal than him. But maybe RB tries to get him to #2 so they be 1 and 2. Could happen but probably not now.

Hamilton thinks he is the most talented driver. Probably is but is not going to do any good now. And he got a little spanking by Shumacher who he has talked some trash about. No more trash talk from LH. But he coasts some.

Now Button has an opening. He has been moving up and is running strong as of late. He can stay on it and make his case for McLaren by finsihnig the year as #2. If he had not got zero points in two back to back races in the British and German GP it is pretty safe to say that he would have the #2 place right now.

So what do you think for 2011.

1. Vettel

2. Button - the worker

3. Close between Webber and Hamilton. Hamilton by a nose.

4. Whichever one does not get 3. Webber

5. Alonso
I agree that Button has been driving well this year. Since his debut in 2000, the talk has always been about how smooth he is and since joining McLaren, he finally has the car to prove it.

Others may disagree with me here, but I'd also say that his maturity level is amongst the highest in the sport.

To quote DSJ: "Good worker."
Old 09-19-2011, 02:04 PM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

Considering the playboy he once was Button is indeed a very mature racer.....gets my vote for #2

Wheres the Singapore poll?
Old 09-19-2011, 02:07 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

After Spa and Monza, who cares.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:11 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Excuse me Raj, would you please clarify your statement above?

By inferior car, do you mean 2nd best car, 3rd best car or 5th best car?

Where do you rate the Ferrari .......Amigo .....

Alonso will finish second in the WDC, Alonso is driving the 3rd best car on the grid , there are 4 drivers that should be finishing infront of him.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:18 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Where do you rate the Ferrari .......Amigo .....
It depends.
For Silverstone and Valencia, there was rampant priapism in the Alonso camp (ironic, I know) thanks in part to the Ferrari International Assistance rules adjustments.

Clearly, Newey and company are in a league of their own.

Currently, and as has become the norm, I would put McLaren 2nd. Their strategy of 2 design teams combined with their impressive ability to improve the car in the 2nd half of the season is unrivaled.

So, that would put Ferrari probably 3rd, as Renault have dropped off and Mercedes seems to have improved a small amount.

However, when comparing "cars and drivers", it is worthwhile to throw out DNF's and merely compare the cars and drivers in races completed.
Under those circumstances, Alonso would not be 2nd in the WDC. it would be a McLaren or RBR driver.

So although Alonso is currently (and likely subject to change in a downward direction before the season finishes) 2nd with what is likely a 3rd best car, it isn't quite as impressive as it appears.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:48 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by My993C2
Someone please ask any of the drivers from the Mercedes, Renault, Force India, Sauber, Toro Rosso, Williams, Lotus, Virgin and HRT teams how they feel about the superior equipment they have compare to the poor and ever so victim of the world drivers at Ferrari. You guys are hilarious the way you make it sound like Alonso and Massa are using such an inferior car. Are Red Bull and McLaren a slightly better cars than Ferrari? It appears so, but don't give us this bull**** that Ferrari is a lousy car because it is pure bull****. Ferrari has a good car. I think any of the drivers at the above mentioned teams would give their left nuts to be using such a good car that Alonso and Massa have access to.
My response was to Pete stating that Alonso is on his way down. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:50 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
Only problem is that Hamilton beat Alonso straight up over an entire season in the same car when Hamilton was a green rookie. FACT JACK. Alonso has shown himself to have problems passing rookies and couldn't handle having a decent teammate.

I'm convinced if you put Hamilton and Alonso in the same team now that Hamilton is more experienced, LH doubles up on points vs Alonso.
Yeah in a British Team, as a British driver, against a Spanish driver. Daddy Ron did everything in his power to make Alonso lose.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:52 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
So although Alonso is currently 2nd with what is likely a 3rd best car, it is quite as impressive as it appears.
Fixed it.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:56 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
It depends.
For Silverstone and Valencia, there was rampant priapism in the Alonso camp (ironic, I know) thanks in part to the Ferrari International Assistance rules adjustments.

Clearly, Newey and company are in a league of their own.

Currently, and as has become the norm, I would put McLaren 2nd. Their strategy of 2 design teams combined with their impressive ability to improve the car in the 2nd half of the season is unrivaled.

So, that would put Ferrari probably 3rd, as Renault have dropped off and Mercedes seems to have improved a small amount.

However, when comparing "cars and drivers", it is worthwhile to throw out DNF's and merely compare the cars and drivers in races completed.
Under those circumstances, Alonso would not be 2nd in the WDC. it would be a McLaren or RBR driver.

So although Alonso is currently (and likely subject to change in a downward direction before the season finishes) 2nd with what is likely a 3rd best car, it isn't quite as impressive as it appears.

Ferrari ...3rd best on the Grid ....... agree !!

Which would mean Alonso finishing better than 5th in the WDC ......
Makes him "the one". My bet he will finished second and the only reason he will not win is the lateness of Ferrari from 10th on the grid to it's current status .

Faux Killa will finish second .........
Old 09-19-2011, 06:37 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,568 Likes on 2,122 Posts

Looks like Wayne is going to welch on my bet on who will have more race wins Vettel vs. Alonso for the 2nd half of the year.

Wanna bet who gets to WDC #3 first? Vettel or Alonso? Bottle
Old 09-19-2011, 07:03 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

We had no bet, you don't pay your bets and I don't bet with girls ....^^^
Old 09-19-2011, 07:05 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread is OVER, has been for a long time.
Can we move on to Singapore, please?
Old 09-19-2011, 07:06 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,568 Likes on 2,122 Posts

Originally Posted by gums
This thread is OVER, has been for a long time.
Can we move on to Singapore, please?
Yes, Frank. Check in over there, everything is fine, promise...
Old 09-19-2011, 10:03 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

There are thread limits now .....

Quick Reply: 2011 Italian Grand Prix