Sergio Perez
0%
Sebastien Buemi
0%
Jamie Algersuari
0%
Jarno Trulli
0%
Takuma Sato (aka Old Master of Monza, Secret darling of the Tifosi)
2.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Italian Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 03:53 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by FGL28
IF he was such a great test and delopment driver why Ferrari has not progressed.

He should just say he is happy to be with Ferrari and will do everything to make them World Championships.
Somewhere Raj's head just exploded.

Where is Luis de Prat when we need him ?
Old 09-16-2011, 04:27 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The thing is that while Alonso has talent his off track antics and excuses have turned him from gifted to a whiney bed wetter. IF he was such a great test and delopment driver why Ferrari has not progressed.

He should just say he is happy to be with Ferrari and will do everything to make them World Championships.[/QUOTE]

Even as a huge FA fan I don't really disagree with you in principal. However, I think your phrasing and inferences above (shared by a large group here) are misleading.

1) I think Alonso along with Vettel, Hamilton, young Schumacher and arguably the new and improved Button are in leagues of their own as far as raw talent and speed.

2) He IS a great development driver, in speaking to a few friends that are in motor sport professionally (on an engineering level) if your wind tunnel data is completely off there is no way you are getting an F1 car right no matter who you are.

3) Cut the guy some slack since arriving at Ferrari his is much more mature. He has kept his mouth shut and in all the press and broadcasts I have seen he is the most gracious. He has praised Red Bull as a team, Newey as a designer and Vettel as a driver. He has played by the rules unlike MS and overall has admitted repeatedly that Ferrari are not there and need to improve.

4) Lastly my friend Randi and my pal Lewis like to refer to Alonso as "the first LOOSER" for being second in the championship. If we admit that the "Vettel -RB7 - Newey combo" have been unstoppable then Alonso is holding his own as there a few more pretty quick guys on the circuit with some pretty fast machines that he is outpacing regularly. What kind of massive LOOSERS must they be.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:51 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mklaskin
All kidding aside, it's pretty bad form to criticize someone else' racing if you:
A. Have not raced them directly.
B. Do not race at all.
I know that's why i had to do it .........
Originally Posted by consolidated
Thanks for saying something, I had the same reaction.
Ignorance is a powerful thing, Pete is like MSNBC, be careful ..

Originally Posted by FGL28
Fixed it for you.

The thing is that while Alonso has talent his off track antics and excuses have turned him from gifted to a whiney bed wetter. IF he was such a great test and delopment driver why Ferrari has not progressed.

He should just say he is happy to be with Ferrari and will do everything to make them World Championships.
Originally Posted by ltc
So Ferrari (thus far unsuccessfully after 2 attempts) wants to hire Newey so that even Alonso can win in a Newey car?

Sorry, your logic sort of escapes me with this one.
Debunked :

Stefano Domenicali:

“Honestly, this result is the best we could have hoped for, given our current technical situation.

Get it ... Amigos, the car is chit , The " One" is keeping them competitive, i know , i know , you need it in Braille ...

Montezemolo rejects calls to hire Brawn

Sep.16 (GMM)

Ferrari boss Luca di Montezemolo has rejected calls Ross Brawn should be lured back to Ferrari to lead the team into the future. Ferrari has not won a drivers’ title since 2007 but the Maranello marque’s president Montezemolo insisted at Monza that he fully supports the reign of team boss Stefano Domenicali.

“The management of the team will remain unchanged,” the Italian added this week at the Frankfurt Motor Show, according to Finland’s Turun Sanomat newspaper.

“There are some small repairs to make, but it is not related to the key positions.”

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-01-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:23 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Curious to see if Alonso can finish 2nd in the 2011WDC.
Should be an interesting battle for 2nd, I wouldn't be surprised if Button or Hamilton finish 2nd.

As for Luca, I don't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth.

As for Domenicali, what else is he going to say?

BTW, where is Aldo Costa these days?
Old 09-16-2011, 07:51 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Aldo is working on analog circuits these days, got himself a new Tek ...
Old 09-16-2011, 07:54 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Default Merry XMAS Ferrari

Look what Pirelli has given Luca.....2 out of the next 3 races will NOT use the medium (Ferrari Kryptonite) compound.

Soft and Super Softs...

Too bad the car is a dog and clearly won't be any better even with their preferred compounds.

Oh wait, you mean if they do well it will be due to Alonso's unmatched skill?
Old 09-16-2011, 08:16 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

No it will be to Vettel's lower skill level , seeing they all will be on the same tire , ahhh just saying ...

Now is a good time to ban the blown diffuser.........
Old 09-16-2011, 09:26 PM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
I know that's why i had to do it .........

Ignorance is a powerful thing, Pete is like MSNBC, be careful ..
Do you even know Pete to speak that way? Despite our disagreements regarding Alonso, Pete is one of the most humble and quiet guys I know. But if you get him on the topic of F1, he won't shut up. He loves F1 with a passion that I've never seen before in anyone else.

Yes, I've seen him at the track too and he can turn a wheel. That 944 is new car to him and he's already won a few races with it. He also has many track records with his GT3, so yea, calling him slow is yet another uneducated thing you've said, but I imagine the more you post, the more it becomes apparent to everyone.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:41 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

The race for second is shaping up to be good.

And as I said back a few posts I am liking Alonso now a lot better as a driver, a racer, and just a dude, now that he has matured more.

As for Vettel being "lower skill and second tier" - well I guess that is just how it works out sometime. You lead MORE LAPS in a SEASON than all the other contenders COMBINED and then .... wait for it .... you win your SECOND CONSECUTIVE WORLD DRIVING CHAMPIONSHIP and you are second tier.

There are a LOT of guys that want to be on that second tier list. Heck you can count me as one of them.

You know when Schumacher came up I did not like him. Of course I did not like Mansell or Prost. All of them were potential detractors of my man at the time Senna. But I did respect them and their style of racing. Prost the calulating and political pilot. Schumacher the newcomer - fast and tough and and hard to pass. And then Mansell, the aggressive brawler (from an engineer no less) with the win or crash attitude, or duke it out later ala Nascar. It was good for F1 and they pushed each other. This is happening again now.

It was great when Senna beat them. But they had to work to win their share too. In the end they were ALL F1 World Champions. It just isnt every racer who has that title behind their name. The ones that do deserve respect. I respected them then. And more now. Same for the soon to be 2 time WDC Vettel.

Last edited by TexasRider; 09-16-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:30 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
Do you even know Pete to speak that way? Despite our disagreements regarding Alonso, Pete is one of the most humble and quiet guys I know. But if you get him on the topic of F1, he won't shut up. He loves F1 with a passion that I've never seen before in anyone else.

Yes, I've seen him at the track too and he can turn a wheel. That 944 is new car to him and he's already won a few races with it. He also has many track records with his GT3, so yea, calling him slow is yet another uneducated thing you've said, but I imagine the more you post, the more it becomes apparent to everyone.
Yeah ...The irony !!!

Do you or Pete even know me to speak that way .......

It does appear you both have a lot in common and IMO their is nothing humble and quite about the dude, Frankly i find him to be very 2 faced, disrespectful and FOS, as you and thats putting it ....well !

Both of you are the kind of dudes who like to dish it then go girlie, girl, when it's applied, you want respect show some , if not i'm the wrong dude TFW..

We are all here to have fun , i guess you and Pete never got the memo, humble my ****, there is nothing humble or respectful about Pete...

PS: I have seen Pete's racing seat ....

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-01-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:34 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TexasRider
The race for second is shaping up to be good.

And as I said back a few posts I am liking Alonso now a lot better as a driver, a racer, and just a dude, now that he has matured more.

As for Vettel being "lower skill and second tier" - well I guess that is just how it works out sometime. You lead MORE LAPS in a SEASON than all the other contenders COMBINED and then .... wait for it .... you win your SECOND CONSECUTIVE WORLD DRIVING CHAMPIONSHIP and you are second tier.

There are a LOT of guys that want to be on that second tier list. Heck you can count me as one of them.

You know when Schumacher came up I did not like him. Of course I did not like Mansell or Prost. All of them were potential detractors of my man at the time Senna. But I did respect them and their style of racing. Prost the calulating and political pilot. Schumacher the newcomer - fast and tough and and hard to pass. And then Mansell, the aggressive brawler (from an engineer no less) with the win or crash attitude, or duke it out later ala Nascar. It was good for F1 and they pushed each other. This is happening again now.

It was great when Senna beat them. But they had to work to win their share too. In the end they were ALL F1 World Champions. It just isnt every racer who has that title behind their name. The ones that do deserve respect. I respected them then. And more now. Same for the soon to be 2 time WDC Vettel.
Senna had to beat his teammate to win his WDC... Vettel ..?
Old 09-16-2011, 11:43 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Senna had to beat his teammate to win his WDC... Vettel ..?
But, but, but...but I thought that you established with your omnipotent authority that Webber was faster than Vettel. Doesn't that mean that Vettel beat him?
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:47 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Ceeeeeerealously Larry ..

Do you really believe the Webbo, is being given a fair shake to challenge vettel as he was allowed to do last year?
Old 09-16-2011, 11:56 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ceeeeeerealously Larry ..

Do you really believe the Webbo, is being given a fair shake to challenge vettel as he was allowed to do last year?
Yeah, actually I do, the front wing incedent nonwithstanding. If they were really holding Webber back (whom I do like more than Vettel so no bias here) then why didn't they just dump him at the end of last year and take on someone like Senna who would bring money to the team and not be a serious challenge to Vettel? And then they go and re-up Webbo for next year? It makes no sense to postulate they are holding him back.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:02 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Interesting suggestion larry , so why re-sign a guy that is doing so badly, complains and suddenly so much slower than his teammate , when as you so rightly pointed out , there are others willing to pay ..

"Jaime Alguersuari has confessed that although he has 'nothing against' the Australian, he is frustrated that Mark Webber's re-signing by F1 pace-setters Red Bull Racing has once again 'closed the doors' at the world championship leaders – as he revealed that he has not even discussed next season with his employers Scuderia Toro Rosso yet.

“So far, I have no place for next year,” the 21-year-old told Spanish newspaper El Mundo. “I haven't spoken to anyone at Toro Rosso about next season. What I want is a car that allows me to be at the front and winning races, because I think I deserve it. I don't like fighting to be 16th. I don't make excuses, but [Sebastian] Vettel can brake 20 metres later with his car.”

Notice a trend , same as with Shublocker, the ones on the inside know who the fast ones are and it's not Vettel , they know that , it's why they will never think of faux7 as the best, i believe the same fate will follow Vettel , he's a good driver, nothing special IMO.

Webber is being rewarded , nothing more to his resigning, His game will improve after Vettel takes the WDC, a sudden burst of return form ...

Stay tuned .........................................

Last edited by A.Wayne; 09-17-2011 at 12:20 AM.

Quick Reply: 2011 Italian Grand Prix