Sergio Perez
0%
Sebastien Buemi
0%
Jamie Algersuari
0%
Jarno Trulli
0%
Takuma Sato (aka Old Master of Monza, Secret darling of the Tifosi)
2.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Italian Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 12:16 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I enjoyed the dueling as well, but my fear is that these tactics will end in tears one day. MS nearly took Barichello out for good with this kind of crap last year.
And worse, a few years ago when I was racing karts I saw young kids doing this routinely, as if that's the way it's supposed to be done.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:19 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gums
You make a good point there, Randi, but as I've said a thousand times before, I don't even like the one-move rule. What ever happened to "hold your line"?. I think tactics like Schublocker's are just atrocious and embarrasing.

As for Vettel, he impressed me with his growing professionalism in his post-race commentary. I think the kid is fantastic.
I can't look at F1 that cut and dry. This is the Bigs of the Bigs. Money, talent, expectations, etc. Each driver must earn their money and make money for their teams. Each constructor point is valuable. Keeping a faster car behind is part of racing (one blocking rule is reasonable).
If a driver yells 'Uncle' each time a car gets on his tail he is looking for a new job, 'stat'. <--- Jack

MS' defense in this race showed 'Fire in the Belly' he has not shown since his return.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:21 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

yeah, all valid points, no doubt.

But I'm still sick of Schuey....
Old 09-12-2011, 12:25 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Why are you agreeing with him when you typed the following 23 minutes AFTER his post:

2nd in Drivers Championship with 3rd best car on the grid all yr, Enough said!
The proof is in the pudding.

I can see dead people ... and deleted posts.

3rd best, 5th best, whatever it takes.

Meet you at the swimming pool, I'll bring the Wisk
And your point??? Yes, it is a well known fact that you misuse your powers as a moderator and as such, your misuse has been notified.
What gives you the right to post my deleted post? I didn't know as a poster (which you always claim to be on these threads) you should be excerising that right. I plan to take action against your misuge. You are out of control.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
What gives you the right to post my deleted post? I plan to take action against your misuge. You are out of control.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:31 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,429 Likes on 2,039 Posts

And your point??? Yes, it is a well known fact that you misuse your powers as a moderator and as such, your misuse has been notified.
What gives you the right to post my deleted post? I didn't know as a poster (which you always claim to be on these threads) you should be excerising that right. I plan to take action against your misuge. You are out of control.
easy Raj, you're taking this way too seriously. Can't you see that Lewis loves to tweek you, but you fall into his trap each time when you react like this.

Just to make sure everything is on the up and up and satisfy everyone involved, I'd be happy to moderate any F1 threads from now on....
Old 09-12-2011, 12:33 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
easy Raj, you're taking this way too seriously. Can't you see that Lewis loves to tweek you, but you fall into his trap each time when you react like this.

Just to make sure everything is on the up and up, I'd be happy to moderate any F1 threads from now on....
He is out of control and needs to be reigned in. I plan to take it to the maximum level. Enough is enough. Either be a moderator or a poster. Don't try to misuse power to your advantage. Not allowed and not accepted, sorry!
Old 09-12-2011, 12:34 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

I will admit that I thought it was a bit heavy handed when I read it....
Old 09-12-2011, 12:44 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

He is out of control and needs to be reigned in. I plan to take it to the maximum level. Enough is enough. Either be a moderator or a poster. Don't try to misuse power to your advantage. Not allowed and not accepted, sorry!
I'll see what I can do. No need to go beyond me now that I've volunteered to moderate these threads. But I let the powers that be know that I'm ONLY moderating these f1 threads as that is my area of expertise. I can't stomach the PC& OT threads. It makes this look like pre-school in comparision.

I'll have a response for you in due time. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:50 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JHowell37
I really enjoyed watching Schumacher make Hamilton cry like a little bitch.
Hamilton does have a history of whining, but I did not see it yesterday. In the post race BBC interview he definitely was not whining about Shumacher. His response to Michael's tactics were basically "That's racing". He could have tried to pull off passes like Button on Schumacher or Vettel on Alonso and if it worked he would have looked brilliant. But if they did not work like Webber's attempt on Massa, he would have looked like a goat and would be open to even more criticism. Hamilton wanted to finish the race yesterday and that is why we did not see him being his usual aggressive self. But I did not see Hamilton whining, at least not yesterday.

Damn these guys are all good. Vettel is good, Alonso is good, Hamilton, Button, Webber, Schumacher, Rosberg and Massa are all good. Bruno Senna is good, Di Resta, Perez, etc, etc, etc. They are all good. Oh and did anyone else notice the top five finishers in yesterday's race? 1) Vettel, 2) Button, 3) Alonso, 4) Hamilton, 5) Schumacher ... the current or former world champions were in the top five.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:53 PM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

It was a fun race to watch! Did you catch the booing during the award ceremony?
Old 09-12-2011, 01:09 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Yeah, these guys are all good, perhaps the best crop ever.
Doubt Schu would have won so much if Senna had survived....
Old 09-12-2011, 01:42 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Cranky this weekend Frank? We all missed out on the battles between those two, the fights would have undoubtedly gone on from Prost vs. Senna to Senna vs. Schumacher.

If you haven't already seen the movie "Senna", take a look at it. You'll see some clips in that film of the very young Schumacher already battling with Senna in a Benetton. It's good stuff.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:45 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

There are definitely a few "what if" scenarios.

What if Gilles Villeneuve had not died and moved to either Williams or McLaren (with the exception of 1979, the Ferrari car sucked during the years Villeneuve drove for them). We the fans were robbed of seeing Gilles Villeneuve compete against a young Ayrton Senna. Also what if Ayrton Senna had not died. Not sure if Senna would have won in 1994 because he was off to a slow start that season, but for sure Senna would have been ultra competitive from 1995 through 1997 at Williams and Schumacher would not be a 7 time WDC. We the fans were robbed of seeing Ayrton Senna battle Schmacher for more than just the 1993 and 1994 season.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:02 PM
JHowell37
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by My993C2
Hamilton does have a history of whining, but I did not see it yesterday. In the post race BBC interview he definitely was not whining about Shumacher. His response to Michael's tactics were basically "That's racing". He could have tried to pull off passes like Button on Schumacher or Vettel on Alonso and if it worked he would have looked brilliant. But if they did not work like Webber's attempt on Massa, he would have looked like a goat and would be open to even more criticism. Hamilton wanted to finish the race yesterday and that is why we did not see him being his usual aggressive self. But I did not see Hamilton whining, at least not yesterday.
I was mainly referring to Hamilton's amazing ability to get on the radio in the middle of the race to cry "X did Y to me." I'm waiting for the day when he follows up one of these statements with "because he's racist." After the race is when cooler heads prevail, but during the race is when crying is in full force.

Hamilton has done more than his share of making multiple blocking moves on other opponents.

Quick Reply: 2011 Italian Grand Prix