4.88%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Grand Prix of Hungary

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011 | 09:54 PM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
When did Massa ever put up a fight. He seems to be the easiest guy to pass. Lewis passed him like he was standing. I understand Lewis is amazing at passing people but Massa does not defend.

Thanks for sharing what I said earlier. It was a race where all drivers went off. But unfortunately people have to find a way to slam one driver. Very Inconsistent.
MY997C2 is correct........my coment was in reference to Alonso going off island, Massa was in front then Alosno was suddenly back in front.....absolute team orders. The British world feed commentators remarked, "how the hell did that happen", then brief silence......imagine the nodding heads

No fight, that a little understated.

He should join another team and show what he really had instead of playing 2nd fiddle as he truly has no fight left with Ferrari.
Old 08-01-2011 | 11:51 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by the flyin' scotsman
MY997C2 is correct........my coment was in reference to Alonso going off island, Massa was in front then Alosno was suddenly back in front.....absolute team orders. The British world feed commentators remarked, "how the hell did that happen", then brief silence......imagine the nodding heads

He should join another team and show what he really had instead of playing 2nd fiddle as he truly has no fight left with Ferrari.
The same can be said for Webber and Hamilton ....i guess you feel the same way there 2 huh ...

Old 08-01-2011 | 11:58 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Wow, the hate is going FULL BOIL here.
Dont be so hard on lewis , he really likes Alonso .....

Originally Posted by wilhelm
Yea, its getting really old with Wayne talking about Vettel
Old ......

Come on, Faux one lost starting from pole again , according to the amigos .. dats a waste .

Old 08-02-2011 | 09:31 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Raj, I think you will find the Alonso and Vettel detractors to be pretty consistent. We hammer the same guys over and over. Just like you.
Really? Please show me where I have slammed Vettel. I expect you to respond since you tried calling me out on it. Make sure you support it with quotes from me.
I am waiting...
Old 08-02-2011 | 09:33 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by My993C2
It works both ways. I don't think we should be slamming any driver for their performance from this race. They all made mistakes in very difficult conditions. If people have not seen it, they should download some of the BBC post race coverage and closely listen to some of the driver interviews. Specifically the resident Vettel hater (not you) should listen closely to what Fernando Alonso had to say about Vettel in his post race interview. I have said if before and I will say it again. The animosity between the fans is much higher than any animosity between the actual drivers.

The new tires makes this an interesting year. In past years, the tires did not degrade as much and passing was extremely difficult. However this year, a driver who is extremely talented could still be caught on the track with the wrong tires and be easily passed. Does this mean the driver who was being caught and passed has no talent? Of course not. They were just on the track with the wrong tires. In the words of Martin Brundle (who knows more about Grand Prix racing than all of us combined) "Senna showed us from the 1993 Donnington race, be on the right set of tires at the right time". Many of the passes we saw yesterday were the result of a driver error due to difficult track conditions, or clear cases where one driver had better tires than the other driver.
+1. Agree 100%
Old 08-02-2011 | 09:34 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Sure, go ahead, pick on the legally blind guy.
Fortunately, my GSD (protection and seeing eye dog) is quite well trained and able to tear a limb or two off on command....

Button went off and yet was still able to win the race?
Pretty impressive.
And who said it's not impressive. I don't blindly go about slamming drivers. I am not legally blind.
Old 08-02-2011 | 09:49 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by the flyin' scotsman

No driver with a backbone would accept being #2. Massa set those standards back when he became Schumi's wingman. He is another Rubens now.
Old 08-02-2011 | 11:20 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

And who said it's not impressive. I don't blindly go about slamming drivers. I am not legally blind.
I am the one who is legally blind.

How was Button, another in the long list of Faux F1 WDC put forth by your genetic twin Sir A.Wayne, able to win the race and yet Fernando Alonso, the best driver in F1 and clearly not a Faux WDC, was not?

How can Button have 2 wins (Canada and Hungary, both in variable wet conditions) this season and Alonso only have one (mostly attributed to a botched pit stop and a new one race rule change)?

Why isn't the best (development and race) driver in F1, driving for the best/most famous team in F1 not winning more races?

When is Alonso going to show the same dominance at Ferrari that Schumacher demonstrated? Clearly it is what Ferrari expects and can provide support to achieve, so what is the problem?
Old 08-02-2011 | 11:27 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Lewis, you forgot to mention that Alonso has the best wingman in the business. Schumacher trained him to perfection.

Sorry Raj, I couldn't resist.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 08-02-2011 | 11:32 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
I am the one who is legally blind.

How was Button, another in the long list of Faux F1 WDC put forth by your genetic twin Sir A.Wayne, able to win the race and yet Fernando Alonso, the best driver in F1 and clearly not a Faux WDC, was not?

How can Button have 2 wins (Canada and Hungary, both in variable wet conditions) this season and Alonso only have one (mostly attributed to a botched pit stop and a new one race rule change)?

Why isn't the best (development and race) driver in F1, driving for the best/most famous team in F1 not winning more races?

When is Alonso going to show the same dominance at Ferrari that Schumacher demonstrated? Clearly it is what Ferrari expects and can provide support to achieve, so what is the problem?
You are so f'ing off that it is not even worth responding to. Open some books, read some history on F1 and then come back and ask the same question. For anyone to think that Schumi won becuase he was the best is just being ignorant. It was an all star team with the best in almost every position with IN SEASON TESTING. It was a perfect storm and Schumi did not face the same level of competition currently present.
Provide the same setup to Alonso and he would had already won. Heck, Alonso beat the team of all stars, which is more than anyone else had done. How well is Schumi doing now? How many podiums has he had?
Still waiting on you to respond on Button .......
Hello Mr blinders...
Old 08-02-2011 | 11:34 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Lewis, you forgot to mention that Alonso has the best wingman in the business. Schumacher trained him to perfection.

Sorry Raj, I couldn't resist.
He does Larry, LOL. He has been trained by the best, who until recently had it clearly written in his contract that he would be #1. Now that he is on a level playing field, he is being used as a mop to wipe the flr with by the rest of the compeition .
Old 08-02-2011 | 12:00 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by My993C2
It works both ways. I don't think we should be slamming any driver for their performance from this race. They all made mistakes in very difficult conditions. If people have not seen it, they should download some of the BBC post race coverage and closely listen to some of the driver interviews. Specifically the resident Vettel hater (not you) should listen closely to what Fernando Alonso had to say about Vettel in his post race interview. I have said if before and I will say it again. The animosity between the fans is much higher than any animosity between the actual drivers.

The new tires makes this an interesting year. In past years, the tires did not degrade as much and passing was extremely difficult. However this year, a driver who is extremely talented could still be caught on the track with the wrong tires and be easily passed. Does this mean the driver who was being caught and passed has no talent? Of course not. They were just on the track with the wrong tires. In the words of Martin Brundle (who knows more about Grand Prix racing than all of us combined) "Senna showed us from the 1993 Donnington race, be on the right set of tires at the right time". Many of the passes we saw yesterday were the result of a driver error due to difficult track conditions, or clear cases where one driver had better tires than the other driver.
All true no doubt but the start of the race, with cars on same tires, same fuel (more or less) , some drivers really showed what they can do- Hamilton and Button being the two that come to mind. But I think Buemi and Di Resta also did pretty well as I recall. But I haven't studied it like some others here.
Old 08-02-2011 | 12:23 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Ritter v3.4
All true no doubt but the start of the race, with cars on same tires, same fuel (more or less) , some drivers really showed what they can do- Hamilton and Button being the two that come to mind. But I think Buemi and Di Resta also did pretty well as I recall. But I haven't studied it like some others here.
Hamilton (a hard charger leave nothing on the table driver) and Button (a very experienced driver) were both in a McLaren. At the beginning of the season, Red Bull was clearly the best car, but McLaren and Ferrari have definitely closed the gap to the point where Red Bull is no longer the stand out they were. From my casual point of view, it appeared in Hungary McLaren was the best car, Red Bull second best and Ferrari still a competitive third. After that there was a huge drop off to the rest of the field.

I will agree with you however that Di Resta and Buemi performed extremely well in Hungary.
Old 08-02-2011 | 12:27 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

You are so f'ing off that it is not even worth responding to. Open some books, read some history on F1 and then come back and ask the same question. For anyone to think that Schumi won becuase he was the best is just being ignorant. It was an all star team with the best in almost every position with IN SEASON TESTING. It was a perfect storm and Schumi did not face the same level of competition currently present.
Provide the same setup to Alonso and he would had already won. Heck, Alonso beat the team of all stars, which is more than anyone else had done. How well is Schumi doing now? How many podiums has he had?
Still waiting on you to respond on Button .......
Hello Mr blinders...
Mr Blinders...another blind joke, it's OK I get it all the time.

Schumacher seemed to have some good competition while at Ferrari, Mika comes to mind.

But I still wonder why Alonso, the man who beat Schumacher (thank you Suzuka for that engine failure), and who is driving for the best team in F1 still has not won a WDC at Ferrari. It is a legitimate question.

The new rules NO IN SEASON TESTING is the same for everyone, Alonso included, so why hasn't Alonso won a WDC? yes, I know, Petrov, but besides that. Why is he not dominant? He is merely one of the top drivers in F1, clearly not dominant in any way.

The best driver in F1 driving for the best team should be dominant, no?
What am I missing?
Old 08-02-2011 | 12:38 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Waiting on the Button comment, please respond.....

Quick Reply: 2011 Grand Prix of Hungary