4.88%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Grand Prix of Hungary

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011 | 03:36 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Pete
Sounds like an interesting race. I forgot to set the recorder. Does anyone have a link to watch the race on the internet?
The race can be downloaded from here:

http://www.tremek.com/forum/f1-video...-races-11.html
Old 08-01-2011 | 07:58 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
:Fastest lap: Massa, 1:23.415
First Massa outqualifies Alonso, then posts fastest lap of the race?
Get him off the team immediately, he doesn't deserve to be Alonso's teammate.

Just a quick question.
How many WDC or Constructor's championships have Ferrari won lately?
Take your time, I can wait a few minutes .....
(Insert Jeopardy theme music here)

But that's OK, they are aiming for 2nd place 2 years in a row, unfortunately, McLaren has other ideas and a better car and team at the moment.
Old 08-01-2011 | 08:47 AM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Watch the first 10 laps carefully..........Alonso is off island at least twice, rejoins then very very shortly is in front of FM.........hes totally given up and should sign with another team now. Perhaps RB would go back?

Also watch circa laps 53-55 iirc, Jenny and Hammy are swaping the lead at every opportunity the n Hammy had to have inter rubber; game over.
Old 08-01-2011 | 09:36 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by the flyin' scotsman
Watch the first 10 laps carefully..........Alonso is off island at least twice, rejoins then very very shortly is in front of FM.........hes totally given up and should sign with another team now. Perhaps RB would go back?

Also watch circa laps 53-55 iirc, Jenny and Hammy are swaping the lead at every opportunity the n Hammy had to have inter rubber; game over.
You tend to do that when you are over-driving a car. Where was Massa when Alonso spun? Even after his spin, where did he end up? Where did Massa end up?
Show me one driver that was racing for a podium that did not have an off?
Congrats to Massa for outqualifying his team mate for the 1st time in 16 races and having the fastest lap for the 1st time since god only knows...
If fastest lap is the defining criteria, Webber should become the champion.
Old 08-01-2011 | 11:48 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Show me one driver that was racing for a podium that did not have an off?
Jenson Button comes to mind.
How did he do this weekend?
Old 08-01-2011 | 11:53 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Next time, put your grandpa glasses on and you will see Button did go off and lost position to Hamilton.
Old 08-01-2011 | 02:00 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ltc
Jenson Button comes to mind.
How did he do this weekend?
Button was off the track twice. Both times at turn #2. In fact the only top driver who did not leave the track at turn #2 was Hamilton. But Lewis decided to make his mistake at the chicane. Nobody here is in position to slam their favorite hated driver for a mistake because their favorite driver also made mistakes. It was a mistake filled race due to the conditions.

You tend to do that when you are over-driving a car. Where was Massa when Alonso spun? Even after his spin, where did he end up? Where did Massa end up?
What "the flyin' scotsman" is referring to was a pass Alonso made on Massa early in the race. On the previous lap Massa was behind Alonso, but Alonso made a mistake and left the track giving Massa the position. Massa then surrendered the position back to Alonso within a lap without a fight going into turn #1. Since team orders are allowed, there is really nothing that can be said except that Massa's days at Ferrari will soon be over.
Old 08-01-2011 | 02:54 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

It was a fun race, and the only disappointment was SPEED not showing the trophy presentation and the post race interviews. Fortunately, they replayed the race later in the afternoon which showed the trophy presentation and post race interviews. I don't think that Vettel can be beat for the WDC, in the words of Fernando, it is all about winning races. I think this makes the racing better, since the pressure is off the top drivers The spectator benefits
Old 08-01-2011 | 03:08 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Wow, the hate is going FULL BOIL here.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 08-01-2011 | 03:53 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by My993C2
What "the flyin' scotsman" is referring to was a pass Alonso made on Massa early in the race. On the previous lap Massa was behind Alonso, but Alonso made a mistake and left the track giving Massa the position. Massa then surrendered the position back to Alonso within a lap without a fight going into turn #1. Since team orders are allowed, there is really nothing that can be said except that Massa's days at Ferrari will soon be over.
When did Massa ever put up a fight. He seems to be the easiest guy to pass. Lewis passed him like he was standing. I understand Lewis is amazing at passing people but Massa does not defend.

Thanks for sharing what I said earlier. It was a race where all drivers went off. But unfortunately people have to find a way to slam one driver. Very Inconsistent.
Old 08-01-2011 | 04:32 PM
wilhelm
Advanced

But unfortunately people have to find a way to slam one driver. Very Inconsistent.
Yea, its getting really old with Wayne talking about Vettel
Old 08-01-2011 | 04:34 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

But unfortunately people have to find a way to slam one driver. Very Inconsistent.
It works both ways. I don't think we should be slamming any driver for their performance from this race. They all made mistakes in very difficult conditions. If people have not seen it, they should download some of the BBC post race coverage and closely listen to some of the driver interviews. Specifically the resident Vettel hater (not you) should listen closely to what Fernando Alonso had to say about Vettel in his post race interview. I have said if before and I will say it again. The animosity between the fans is much higher than any animosity between the actual drivers.

The new tires makes this an interesting year. In past years, the tires did not degrade as much and passing was extremely difficult. However this year, a driver who is extremely talented could still be caught on the track with the wrong tires and be easily passed. Does this mean the driver who was being caught and passed has no talent? Of course not. They were just on the track with the wrong tires. In the words of Martin Brundle (who knows more about Grand Prix racing than all of us combined) "Senna showed us from the 1993 Donnington race, be on the right set of tires at the right time". Many of the passes we saw yesterday were the result of a driver error due to difficult track conditions, or clear cases where one driver had better tires than the other driver.

Last edited by My993C2; 08-01-2011 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-01-2011 | 04:58 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Next time, put your grandpa glasses on and you will see Button did go off and lost position to Hamilton.
Sure, go ahead, pick on the legally blind guy.
Fortunately, my GSD (protection and seeing eye dog) is quite well trained and able to tear a limb or two off on command....

Button went off and yet was still able to win the race?
Pretty impressive.
Old 08-01-2011 | 06:03 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Raj, I think you will find the Alonso and Vettel detractors to be pretty consistent. We hammer the same guys over and over. Just like you.
Old 08-01-2011 | 07:58 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Raj, I think you will find the Alonso and Vettel detractors to be pretty consistent. We hammer the same guys over and over. Just like you.
Yes, but the Sato Fan Club is always consistent

Quick Reply: 2011 Grand Prix of Hungary