2011 Grand Prix of Hungary

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 12:31 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mklaskin
Tires ARE most important? Well, yes, if the car and driver can make the best of them.

Using your logic then, the value of having a Newey designed car (and how it works with the tires) is not as significant?

Schumacher didn't have Jean Todt, Jean Todt had Schumacher. Ross Brawn followed Schumacher to Ferrari. This is fact. Again, Schumacher was able to manage the available resources better than his peers.

Senna's drive in the Toleman at Monaco was epic, but he and Prost were being reeled in by a another young German...

Senna brought the Honda engines to McLaren.

The MP4/4 was the easily the class of the field. Perhaps the greatest F1 car in history. The '90 and '91 cars were also very good.

I would like to see Alonso win a Championship for Ferrari. I'd be happy to see him win more races...Can he make the best use of his available resources?

Mike the tires are the only thing in contact with the pavement, it is the most important part of the equation ..as witnessed in todays f1 tire manipulation races. I did not say it was the only part !!!! Obvious you do not know how Schumacher ended up at Ferrari, you should ask FLav and i never asked nor implied anything about votes in my rhetorical reference to Churchill.

Alonso .......................Yes he can !!!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 12:41 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Mike the tires are the only thing in contact with the pavement, it is the most important part of the equation ..as witnessed in todays f1 tire manipulation races. I did not say it was the only part !!!! Obvious you do not know how Schumacher ended up at Ferrari, you should ask FLav and i never asked nor implied anything about votes in my rhetorical reference to Churchill.

Alonso .......................Yes he can !!!!!
You say that tires are the most important part. You also say that Vettel appears good because of the car. Which is it? His tires are the same as FA's. If Alonso is so much better, shouldn't he be able to either drive around deficiencies in the car and/or be able to develop a better car during the season?

So tell me how Schumacher wound up at Ferrari. You're lucky to have been involved in the negotiations...
Old 08-03-2011, 01:35 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,495 Likes on 2,080 Posts

Mike, pace yourself.... you're being sucked up into the A Wayne vortex and it's still 3 weeks until the next race....
Old 08-03-2011, 01:59 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

1) In 2011 everyone is on the same tires.

2) Nobody is saying Alonso is a bad driver.

3) Nobody is saying Vettel is the greatest driver in F1.

All we know is that so far through ten races in 2011 Red Bull + Vettel have done very well (five wins, four 2nd places and a 4th place). Seems to me he has taken advantage of the good car that he is in. But the season is not over. Webber, Hamilton, Alonso, Button, Massa, Rosberg and Heifeld are still mathematically alive to be champ though they all have huge hills to climb if they want to get there. Wayne will continue to feed us his conspiracy theories and will continue to tell us that Vettel lacks skill (even though Vettel is the only one who has ever won a race for Toro Rosso, hardly a top ranked team) ... **** Wayne even tells us Jenson Button lacks skill though Button has had two stellar races this season, both times in challenging wet weather conditions. Vettel is still young and still developing. Let's wait a few years to see how he drives in different race conditions before we compare him to his predecessors. In time Vettel may just be another Damon Hill (a quality driver who won when he was in a top car, but not the best) or in time he could develop into something more. It's too early to tell. Go back in time and you will see plenty of good drivers who won simply because they were in the best car at the time. F1 has always been about the car/team first and the driver second.

McLaren have definitely caught up to Red Bull (possibly even passed them) when it comes to qualifying and race pace, and Ferrari is not that far behind. The top three teams are clearly competitive with each other and none of the other teams are close to these three. We can continue to listen to Wayne's conspiracy theory bull****. But that is all that it is. Bull****. There is no way in hell Red Bull is willing to throw away millions of dollars in Constructor Championship points to purposely sabotage Webber's car as Wayne continues to insist and the only person who continues to think that McLaren and Ferrari have NOT closed the gap on Red Bull in 2011 is this Wayne clown.

By the way Wayne? How about Alan Prost? Was he a Faux Champion too?

Last edited by My993C2; 08-03-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:18 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Originally Posted by Pete
Mike, pace yourself.... you're being sucked up into the A Wayne vortex and it's still 3 weeks until the next race....
Thanks Pete.

I'm not worried...
Old 08-03-2011, 03:14 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mklaskin
You say that tires are the most important part. You also say that Vettel appears good because of the car. Which is it? His tires are the same as FA's. If Alonso is so much better, shouldn't he be able to either drive around deficiencies in the car and/or be able to develop a better car during the season?

So tell me how Schumacher wound up at Ferrari. You're lucky to have been involved in the negotiations...
MIke are you disputing my claim on the importance of tires ? We were discussing Shooomacher and his custom tires..

To address your other concern , Vettel is but a boy to Alonso and Hamilton..
Old 08-03-2011, 03:24 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by My993C2
1) In 2011 everyone is on the same tires.

2) Nobody is saying Alonso is a bad driver.

3) Nobody is saying Vettel is the greatest driver in F1.

All we know is that so far through ten races in 2011 Red Bull + Vettel have done very well (five wins, four 2nd places and a 4th place). Seems to me he has taken advantage of the good car that he is in. But the season is not over. Webber, Hamilton, Alonso, Button, Massa, Rosberg and Heifeld are still mathematically alive to be champ though they all have huge hills to climb if they want to get there. Wayne will continue to feed us his conspiracy theories and will continue to tell us that Vettel lacks skill (even though Vettel is the only one who has ever won a race for Toro Rosso, hardly a top ranked team) ... **** Wayne even tells us Jenson Button lacks skill though Button has had two stellar races this season, both times in challenging wet weather conditions. Vettel is still young and still developing. Let's wait a few years to see how he drives in different race conditions before we compare him to his predecessors. In time Vettel may just be another Damon Hill (a quality driver who won when he was in a top car, but not the best) or in time he could develop into something more. It's too early to tell. Go back in time and you will see plenty of good drivers who won simply because they were in the best car at the time. F1 has always been about the car/team first and the driver second.

McLaren have definitely caught up to Red Bull (possibly even passed them) when it comes to qualifying and race pace, and Ferrari is not that far behind. The top three teams are clearly competitive with each other and none of the other teams are close to these three. We can continue to listen to Wayne's conspiracy theory bull****. But that is all that it is. Bull****. There is no way in hell Red Bull is willing to throw away millions of dollars in Constructor Championship points to purposely sabotage Webber's car as Wayne continues to insist and the only person who continues to think that McLaren and Ferrari have NOT closed the gap on Red Bull in 2011 is this Wayne clown.

By the way Wayne? How about Alan Prost? Was he a Faux Champion too?
What does Prost has to do with any of this little Roy.More scatter brain Logic ..

The whole world understand Webbers position , except the amigos, there is no secret here , what is it you can't see? I never said Button or Vettel had no talent , i said they were an avg F1 driver and Faux champions , the only special ones currently are Alonso and Hamilton and there was nothing Stellar about Button's win last week, he won because Mclaren moved LH out of the way , now what are you gonna say when Button ***** shrink at SPA ..
Old 08-03-2011, 03:43 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Now what does Prost has to do with any of this little Roy......
Simple, for someone who claims to be the world's greatest authority on F1, you claim to know who are real champions and who are fake champions. So please educate us oh great one master of the F1 universe. Go back in time from when F1 started and please tell us who the real champions are and who the fake ones are. We know Senna threw a wrench in Prost's career ambitions (Senna was like no other driver), so no need to tell about that. Just the straight goods ... was Alan Prost a real champion? or a fake one? and how about all the others who have won the WDC?

But first let us get some and some .
Old 08-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Wayne, you constantly talk about the conspiracies to keep Barrichello, then Massa and also Webber behind their German teammates. One issue that you have never answered is WHY? Why would a team manager knowingly favor a slower driver when results are everything and these teams spend millions of dollars to gain a tenth of a second. If you could gain 1/2 a second by plugging in a more talented driver, why would you not do it?
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:12 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by My993C2
Simple, for someone who claims to be the world's greatest authority on F1, you claim to know who are real champions and who are fake champions. So please educate us oh great one master of the F1 universe. Go back in time from when F1 started and please tell us who the real champions are and who the fake ones are. We know Senna threw a wrench in Prost's career ambitions (Senna was like no other driver), so no need to tell about that. Just the straight goods ... was Alan Prost a real champion? or a fake one? and how about all the others who have won the WDC?

But first let us get some and some .
I have listed the fake ones a thousand times, go back and read my Wiki...

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Wayne, you constantly talk about the conspiracies to keep Barrichello, then Massa and also Webber behind their German teammates. One issue that you have never answered is WHY? Why would a team manager knowingly favor a slower driver when results are everything and these teams spend millions of dollars to gain a tenth of a second. If you could gain 1/2 a second by plugging in a more talented driver, why would you not do it?
I cannot make you see what you cannot see, nor hear what you cannot hear, if you dont believe that Webber is being held back from winning , then what can i say , it's obvious to the rest of the F1 world ...

Now ... the team is not favoring the slower driver , they are favoring the designated driver, Vettel @ RB, Alonso @ Ferrari, Button @ mclaren.. Of these 3 only Alonso is faster than his teammate , the choice is not theirs , it is the Marketing choice favored and set by F1's hierarchy .."Bernie"...

Hence Vatenen had no chance of being the head of the FIA,regardless of the votes ( he had the most ) they pushed him out for Todt, well he stepped down Flav could never be banned from F1, he is an insider, Hamilton's father was pushed out of the sport after leaking critical inside info , they removed him and as such Hamilton will not be "allowed" to win another WDC, well not at this moment , like Webber he is very resistive to the way you have to play the sport, hence his frustration.

The team dont need Webber to win they need him to be successful enuf for Australian ticket sales , the Vig was paid for Vettel , no one else will be allowed and for someone who races it amazes me how you miss the subtleties, the sudden inconsistencies, fast one minute , slow the next, at Hungary Webber was 6/10's slower than Vettel , at a track where Webber has been better and coming off 2 pole positions .

Easy to predict , i have proven this over and over, from the 1 st race , i said Webber will not be allowed to win until SV has a big lead ....He didn't ..

I said Ferrari who was barely in the top 10 the first 3 races would start coming to the front ... because they paid the vig .. they did .

I said KR will never come back to F1 he will be going to Nascar .... He did

These were all easy to predict, the game is a joke, henjoy the show and the occasional unplanned hiccup , this is the only part of the game they have no control over, when Vettel showed how averaged he was and fell of in Canada or the great Button shrinking at SPA..

Alonso is racing Vettel the others he is not worried about, he has a script ...

PS: look at the pic in my sig.... LOL. it's there to see who is paying attn. Alonso broke protocol when he did this .. Fined.? he got penalties last year for picking his nose... the difference ...

The Vig !!!!!

Last edited by A.Wayne; 08-03-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:40 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Great video of Erv the Swerve, Hilarious to hear what he thinks of Massa.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:11 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

MIke are you disputing my claim on the importance of tires ? We were discussing Shooomacher and his custom tires....
Exactly.
It is amazing that during this same time Michelin did nothing with their tires and their support of the top teams (McLaren and/or Renault).
Old 08-03-2011, 06:23 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,495 Likes on 2,080 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Exactly.
It is amazing that during this same time Michelin did nothing with their tires and their support of the top teams (McLaren and/or Renault).
Especially the one tire per race rule in 2005 to stop the complete dominance of the great one Schumacher, basically giving Faux 2 his first WDC...
Old 08-03-2011, 06:34 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I find it odd that Wayne would choose to bring up "tires" as Alonso owes a huge 2005 WDC debt to better tires.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:52 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Especially the one tire per race rule in 2005 to stop the complete dominance of the great one Schumacher, basically giving Faux 2 his first WDC...
Originally Posted by Ray S
I find it odd that Wayne would choose to bring up "tires" as Alonso owes a huge 2005 WDC debt to better tires.
yes, I am sure at this very moment the 2 Dixie Cups connected via a string is burning up as Sir A.Wayne and Raj discuss the appropriate response ...

Quick Reply: 2011 Grand Prix of Hungary