4.88%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Grand Prix of Hungary

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011 | 02:56 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

[QUOTE=A.Wayne;8766348]MIke ..

Schumacher had custom Bridgestones when all others were on Bridgestones. SI.. IN 2003 was everyone on Michelin's.? The Bridgestone teams jumped to Michelin due to the custom Bridgestones being made for Ferrari along with their leaked data .

http://www.slideshare.net/GHHLLC/how...p-presentation

apples ....

So if 2003 doesn't count, then surely 2005 cannot count either. After all, there were only three teams running 'Stones then, right. And who won that year? But to you that was fair and square. It's different.

Right.

As I said before, Schumacher has been the best example of a driver who was able to manage the resources available at the time.

I did not say he was the fastest.
I did not make excuses for his tactics.
I have always agreed that Alonso is an excellent driver, perhaps the best of the current crop.
Senna, before Schumacher was the best at using everything available. Before him, Prost.

Only a fool would think that the F1 WDC can be won on driver skill alone.

Still waiting for the reason why Schumacher went to Ferrari...
Old 08-04-2011 | 03:51 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ray S
Three weeks until the next race, so we gotta talk about something...

Objection overruled, I'll allow it........
Sshhhhh, I'm trying to get my moderator license. I'm saying all the right things, not reacting to A Waynes silly retorts... All the right things... Then when I get my badge I'll ban the f'er for all eternity ........ : -@
Old 08-04-2011 | 04:13 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Originally Posted by Pete
Sshhhhh, I'm trying to get my moderator license. I'm saying all the right things, not reacting to A Waynes silly retorts... All the right things... Then when I get my badge I'll ban the f'er for all eternity ........ : -@
Nah, let him stay.

Keeps things interesting.
Old 08-04-2011 | 04:24 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Three weeks until the next race, so we gotta talk about something...

Objection overruled, I'll allow it........
Originally Posted by mklaskin
Nah, let him stay.

Keeps things interesting.
You guys are mean... Having fun at the expense of the slow kid..... :-)>
Old 08-04-2011 | 04:44 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Originally Posted by Pete
You guys are mean... Having fun at the expense of the slow kid..... :-)>
Not trying to be mean. In a weird way, I admire his passion for the sport and for Alonso.

But I HATE the way he treats the rest of us as though we don't know or understand F1.
Old 08-04-2011 | 05:01 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Not trying to be mean. In a weird way, I admire his passion for the sport and for Alonso.

But I HATE the way he treats the rest of us as though we don't know or understand F1.
You can have your favorite driver/team and not have to demean others at the same time. Wayne is guilty of all this to the point he's a basic *******. His conspiracy theories rival movies made by Oliver Stone but lack ANY substantial facts to back it up.

Sorry to those that love the sport/spectacle of F1, his posts turn us off to these threads that turn into total BS and clown college material.
Old 08-04-2011 | 06:17 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Wow, and you also weathered all of their failure this year. They now have the car, they have the driver, and apparently the "vig" has been paid. No excuse for the "best in F1" not to be winning right?

Maybe they should just bring Kimi back......
What are you talking about? Did I say any of this?
Old 08-04-2011 | 06:20 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

So if 2003 doesn't count, then surely 2005 cannot count either. After all, there were only three teams running 'Stones then, right. And who won that year? But to you that was fair and square. It's different.

Right.

As I said before, Schumacher has been the best example of a driver who was able to manage the resources available at the time.

I did not say he was the fastest.
I did not make excuses for his tactics.
I have always agreed that Alonso is an excellent driver, perhaps the best of the current crop.
Senna, before Schumacher was the best at using everything available. Before him, Prost.

Only a fool would think that the F1 WDC can be won on driver skill alone.

Still waiting for the reason why Schumacher went to Ferrari...

Fail ...

Again SCHUMACHER HAD CUSTOM BRIDGESTONES WHEN EVERYONE else WAS ON BRIDGESTONES , how are you not getting this Mike, totally different from Michelin vs Bridgestones as in 05... also Stooley hasn't been the best at anything , he was managed and cared for, hence his redonculous flop of a return !!!

PS: Stooley is still one of the greats ... He's a good number 14 on anyone's list.

Pete grow up and stop sniffing my **** , anyone doing more demeaning than you , with your witless snide remarks, check around you are a big joke and ohhh by the way my lunch invitation still stands, if you want to discuss this some more...

Make you a mod ......

Last edited by A.Wayne; 08-04-2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-04-2011 | 07:11 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

News to me.... Lunch with you? You won't event back your boy with a simple bet....

German GP wins:

Vettel 0

ALonso 0

Hungarian GP wins:

Vettel 0

Alonso 0

my offer for most race wins from this point forward between these 2 drivers is still on, if you want to take it. The vig is in...., custom tires coming...., what are you afraid of ?

I thought so.... keep those gums flapping..... all talk no action
Old 08-04-2011 | 07:13 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Fail ...

Again SCHUMACHER HAD CUSTOM BRIDGESTONES WHEN EVERYONE else WAS ON BRIDGESTONES , how are you not getting this Mike, totally different from Michelin vs Bridgestones as in 05... also Stooley hasn't been the best at anything , he was managed and cared for, hence his redonculous flop of a return !!!

Pete grow up and stop sniffing my **** , anyone doing more demeaning than you , with your witless snide remarks, check around you are a big joke and ohhh by the way my lunch invitation still stands, if you want to discuss this some more...

Make you a mod ......
It really isn't all that different. Ferrari, Jordan, and Minardi ran Bridgestones in 2005. Everyone else, Michelins. Are you trying to tell me that with all of that information, Michelin didn't have a tire advantage? And further, Alonso wasn't the direct recipient of said advantage? Come on. Even you would have to consider that 2005 and 2006 provided some tire technology advantage for Alonso.

Really, when you think about it, Michelin was the superior tire from 2003 on.

And Wayne, ALL of the top drivers get coddled.

His theatrics at McLaren seemed that of a driver accustomed to coddling. But you probably have his McLaren contract.

Singapore? A managed way to aid Alonso. Undeniable

I've always liked Schumacher, but I do get annoyed when he pulls bull**** moves, like he did to Rubens last year. Bull****! No arguement. But never did he put THE TEAM at a disadvantage for his personal benefit.

I'll meet you for lunch. I'm still waiting for you to tell me why Schumacher went to Ferrari...

Last edited by mklaskin; 08-04-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-04-2011 | 08:05 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

It really isn't all that different. Ferrari, Jordan, and Minardi ran Bridgestones in 2005. Everyone else, Michelins. Are you trying to tell me that with all of that information, Michelin didn't have a tire advantage? And further, Alonso wasn't the direct recipient of said advantage? Come on. Even you would have to consider that 2005 and 2006 provided some tire technology advantage for Alonso.

Really, when you think about it, Michelin was the superior tire from 2003 on.

And Wayne, ALL of the top drivers get coddled.

His theatrics at McLaren seemed that of a driver accustomed to coddling. But you probably have his McLaren contract.

Singapore? An managed way to aid Alonso. Undeniable

I've always liked Schumacher, but I do get annoyed when he pulls bull**** moves, like he did to Rubens last year. Bull****! No arguement. But never did he put THE TEAM at a disadvantage for his personal benefit.

I'll meet you for lunch. I'm still waiting for you to tell me why Schumacher went to Ferrari...
Better over lunch Mike , then we wont have the lonely one interjecting his bovine scatology...

Old 08-04-2011 | 08:55 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Make you a mod ......
Hey, they made me a Mod, why couldn't Pete be one ?

I could try transferring my Moderator Wand to Pete for a weekend ...
Old 08-04-2011 | 09:12 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Hey, they made me a Mod, why couldn't Pete be one ?

I could try transferring my Moderator Wand to Pete for a weekend ...
Pete, run don't walk away...

This image springs to mind.

You don't wan't to paint that fence.

Old 08-04-2011 | 11:18 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

I promise, I'd use my moderator powers for good and not evil.... Trust me, what could go wrong?
Old 08-05-2011 | 02:28 AM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Default Murphy is ALWAYS on the Job During a Race

I like Waynes passion and his unusual observations.

But his conspiracy theories are way too big for even the vast conspiracy-ists

The one thing I cant accept, and anybody can figure out quickly, is this idea that it is all somehow controlled. You can not control virtually anything that goes on in a race. There is no conspiracies out there. Murphy is there.

Things just happen. All by themselves. And who ever handles them best wins. I lined up on a lot of starting gates over 20 years. You try to control what you do. And it might work. And it might not. It might just go to hell quick. Then you might be lucky to still be walking and talking the next day !

So when you say he had the best car, he had the best tires, there were team orders, the team helped him, "they" wanted him to win, they cheated for him,........... it just is not possible race in and race out and lap in and lap out. But be assurred that Mr. Murphy is always there and ready to make his appearance!

You cant sit there in the pit box and direct and manage EVERYTHING that goes on in a race. No way. No how.

There are so many variables and the variables change every lap. Your great car looses its electrics, you cut a tire, the team blocking man is sick that day, the temps too high, shade in spot, worn track surface, the jack sticks, a wing snaps, oring leaks, rain comes, sun comes out, the other drivers wont let you by, you are low on fuel, car too light, car too heavy, a bird hit the car, popcorn flew in the intake, sand on the track, wrong tires on car, wrong motor in car, your man off the track, other guy puts wrong tires on and is now 2 seconds faster every lap, or just pizzed off competitors, and knucklehead drivers, much less wrecks and just bad days.

If you could control EVERYTHING you would win every race.

I know some guys who were going to let their buddy win a race. They ran in behind him so a 1, 2 , 3 finish was coming. White flag lap and all good. Then the desired winner cut a tire and ran off the track. Then he DNF'ed. So much for those plans. Murphyized.

And how about how it worked out for Dale Earnhardt Sr. He knew the most about working in the pack, aggressive driving and blocking, and the draft at Daytona. With a turn left in the biggest race, his cars were 1, 2, and 3. But it did not work out as it should have now did it? Because Murphy was there to end it all.

Murphy never has a bad day. He always gets somebody.

Quick Reply: 2011 Grand Prix of Hungary