Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

2011 British Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 10:06 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,331 Likes on 1,970 Posts

I'll take that bet with Wayne. I got Vettel from now until the end of the season he has Alonso. Bottle it is .....
Old 07-11-2011, 10:12 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have no credibility you haven't paid your Faux 7 bets, you will have to put 2 bottles in escrow by sending them to amigo Ray..

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-01-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:17 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Alonso and Ferrari would have done no better that 3rd or 4th if the FIA had not gifted them this win by virtue of the rules change.

Webber has been acting like a ***** for the last 2 seasons. He knows his days in F1 are numbered and wants a title so bad he is willing to make a fool of himself. If I had an employee who disobeyed a direct order, I would show that person the door. The longer RB lets this continue the worst they appear as an organization.
I don't think that Webber's days in F1 are numbered I'm sure he can go to Renault, Ferrari or even McLaren, not to mention the slower teams like Sauber and Force India. Webber is a F1 driver and he will be here for a few more years
Old 07-11-2011, 10:18 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sir

U r in violation. I placed my WDC pick in Escrow with ltc. I can't help it if u picked the same driver.

The Vig is on and the mystery tires are being built what do u have to lose?

I'll put a bottle in escrow with ltc my Conseilerri.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:48 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I will gladly hold the bottles(s) in escrow...since I do not drink, I am well qualified for this job.

So, just to summarize...

Pete picks Vettel for 2011 WDC
Sir A. Wayne "picks" Alonso for 2011 WDC.

Wilhelm picks Vettel to win more races than Alonso from Germany forward
Raj picks Alonso to win more races than Vettel from Germany forward.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:52 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,565 Likes on 822 Posts

Just watched the race on DVD.

Sucks Button got hosed in the pit stop.

Sucks Vettel got hosed in the pit stop.

Kudos to Alonso, who is doing a remarkable job of shutting the fock up this season.

Red Bull**** should be a lot more careful which of its radio clips gets broadcast. That team orders call on the last lap to Webber was utter and total bull****.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:04 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

^^It actually started 5 laps before, webber choose to ignore them and pushed..hmmm Red Bull**** .. i like it ...
Old 07-11-2011, 11:07 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
I will gladly hold the bottles(s) in escrow...since I do not drink, I am well qualified for this job.

So, just to summarize...

Pete picks Vettel for 2011 WDC
Sir A. Wayne "picks" Alonso for 2011 WDC.
Wilhelm picks Vettel to win more races than Alonso from Germany forward
Raj picks Alonso to win more races than Vettel from Germany forward.
Errr... NO ..the only bet is for who wins the most races starting from last weekend until the end of the season ...

alonso =1
Vettel = 0

Points are taken off everytime a team uses a lifeline , Vettel used a lifeline last weekend bringing total scoring to ...

Alonso = 1
Vettel = -1

Last edited by A.Wayne; 07-11-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:53 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Errr... NO ..the only bet is for who wins the most races starting from last weekend until the end of the season ...

alonso =1
Vettel = 0

Points are taken off everytime a team uses a lifeline , Vettel used a lifeline last weekend bringing total scoring to ...

Alonso = 1
Vettel = -1

More fuzzy math?

Straight up bet, no BS what do ya say big boy? Bottle of Patron Silver?
Old 07-12-2011, 01:23 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Alonso and Ferrari would have done no better that 3rd or 4th if the FIA had not gifted them this win by virtue of the rules change.

Webber has been acting like a ***** for the last 2 seasons. He knows his days in F1 are numbered and wants a title so bad he is willing to make a fool of himself. If I had an employee who disobeyed a direct order, I would show that person the door. The longer RB lets this continue the worst they appear as an organization.
Ha, clearly you know all about being an F1 driver. Of all the years and years of hard work it takes to reach the absolute pinnacle of this sport. May we all bathe in your aura, seriously.
If Webber was considered a ***** by the industry he would be dropped like a stone. In fact he is liked by the other teams and journos and is in demand from others. He speaks his mind and intelligently. If I was in his position I would be trying to overtake Vettel under those circumstances and so would Vettel had the roles been reversed. Webber said as much.
Somehow when Vettel wins he does it all on talent, yet when Webber does well it's because he's in the best car? Btw, someone has to drive the best car. Shouldn't be held against them.
The team should be applauded for making such a car. Now, we have the goalposts being shifted mid season just to appease Ferrari and others. I can't see why this couldn't be taken to court for an infraction of the rules.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:36 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
More fuzzy math?

Straight up bet, no BS what do ya say big boy? Bottle of Patron Silver?
My girl ,

Payup the one you owe from the Stooley bets ..............then we good, bet on ........
Old 07-12-2011, 01:44 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Ha, clearly you know all about being an F1 driver. Of all the years and years of hard work it takes to reach the absolute pinnacle of this sport. May we all bathe in your aura, seriously.
If Webber was considered a ***** by the industry he would be dropped like a stone. In fact he is liked by the other teams and journos and is in demand from others. He speaks his mind and intelligently. If I was in his position I would be trying to overtake Vettel under those circumstances and so would Vettel had the roles been reversed. Webber said as much.
Somehow when Vettel wins he does it all on talent, yet when Webber does well it's because he's in the best car? Btw, someone has to drive the best car. Shouldn't be held against them.
The team should be applauded for making such a car. Now, we have the goalposts being shifted mid season just to appease Ferrari and others. I can't see why this couldn't be taken to court for an infraction of the rules.
This is not unprecedented , so dont get touchy feely about it and forget the stooley/vettel ball washers, Webber did what any racer would have done..... Kudos.

Unfortunately Bernie cant handle such so off to NASCAR and/or Aussie V8 series in a couple......
Old 07-12-2011, 03:30 AM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad to see some things never change...

Interesting race. Ferrari looked strong, Red Bull looked stronger and Fernando drove very well at the right points in the race. You wonder, if RB makes a good pitstop, what the result would have looked like. KERS problems may have let Fernando close up anyway. Awesome for Fernando and Ferrari, both well deserved victories. Good drive from Vettel but in all fairness, he should have finished third. Such is F1 racing. Mark also drove a good race, but I wonder if, on top of pure favoritism, Red Bull really are freaked out about the change in the rules so they decided to model Mssr. Todt's philosophy.

Too bad about Button and the horse**** incident that Mass and Lewis were involved in. Lewis really would do well in NASCAR.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:20 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by wilhelm
I'm in. Bet is for the rest of this season starting in Germany, who has more wins in the last 10 races. How about my 07 Mazda 3 against your 968 Turbo? No seriously what do you want to bet?
I am open to whatever you want to bet. Since it is a friendly wager, $$ would be inappropriate.
As far as your mazda 3 against my 968 turbo, how much of a head start would be fair for you? just kidding..
Old 07-12-2011, 11:25 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Wilhelm,
Go with something easy, like whomever loses the F1 bet between yourself and Raj, agrees to leave RL permanently.

I made such a bet with Raj last year (if Alonso won the 2010 WDC, I was gone for good). However, knowing that Ferrari and Alonso would self implode, I didn't pack my bags. True to form, the "choke" occured, followed by a modified and rarely seen "middle finger Heimlich" by Alonso.

If it was good enough for last year, it should be good enough for this year...

Quick Reply: 2011 British Grand Prix