Narain Karthikeyen
0%
HRT Driver #2 TBD
1.16%
Timo Glock
0%
Jerome d' Ambrosio
0%
Takuma Sato (Fingers crossed for HRT #2)
2.33%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Australian Grand Prix (looks like Bahrain is out)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 04:54 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by enduro911
...Little early to be able to say that, isn't it?
No, that's the way things go in F1, the teams always favor one over the other, regardless of what they say. Now that Petrov has number one status in the team he now has the same performance gap over Heidfeld that Kubica enjoyed over Petrov. That's not a coincidence.
Originally Posted by Ray S
Couldn't disagree more. Ferrari had the better car than McLaren for most of last year and I'd take Hamilton (proven better) or Button over Alonso or Massa any day of the week.
Button over Alonso... Look man I know you don't like FA, but don't let that blind you. McLaren finished second in the championship last year. Over a full season they were better. Sure at times Ferrari had the upper hand but overall/at the end of the day McLaren beat Ferrari.
Originally Posted by wanna911
Did you say that with a straight face? You might consider when Lewis had Heikki as a teammate, but he's just plain faster than Button, are you really going to try and argue that? Fernando/Massa is pretty obvious based on last year, and the rule change this year to suite Ferrari. Red Bull did actually give Webber a chance to win the WDC. So putting anyone other than Mercedes on the same level as Ferrari is laughable.
Yes Lewis is faster than Button, as is Vettel over Webber and Alonso over Massa, that doesn't change the fact that they get preferential treatment.

As for Webber getting a real chance, that's how RedBull made it look.

Team orders and team number one status have ALWAYS been a part of F1 and they always will be.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:15 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
No, that's the way things go in F1, the teams always favor one over the other, regardless of what they say. Now that Petrov has number one status in the team he now has the same performance gap over Heidfeld that Kubica enjoyed over Petrov. That's not a coincidence.

Button over Alonso... McLaren finished second in the championship last year. Over a full season they were better. Sure at times Ferrari had the upper hand but overall/at the end of the day McLaren beat Ferrari.

Yes Lewis is faster than Button, as is Vettel over Webber and Alonso over Massa, that doesn't change the fact that they get preferential treatment.

As for Webber getting a real chance, that's how RedBull made it look.

Team orders and team number one status have ALWAYS been a part of F1 and they always will be.
So I guess Red Bull made Webber crash into the wall in the rain in Korea that would have put him on easy street to win the title then huh?
Old 03-27-2011, 05:28 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
WWWF1...............

Petrov's Looking good in Kubika's car Russia get's a GP and bam !!!!! Poor nick , he forgot how to drive ... and what happened to Stooley faux7 ......? All the kings horse and all the kings men , well u know

Flap up, flap down, Faux 7 is showing what i have said for years ,the man was barely above avg , just go to show, Bernie can make anyone look good or bad based on the Skit.. speaking of Bad , I guess they want Massa out , well obviously, he was a bad bwoy last year, squealing like a pig , how dare he...

Henjoy the show gentlemen, Vettel will screw up, Hamilton will screw up, making it another exciting WWWF program.......

Ohhh "real " racing news, Montoya is on pole at Fontana , no carburator manipulation there.......

Cheers ....
Dipsh*t,

By the way you are judging a grandpa by GP standards then another grandpa, Evander Holyfield or better, Mike Tyson, would beat the Klitschkos ? LOL.

You are dumb beyond dumb.........
Old 03-27-2011, 09:49 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,885 Likes on 972 Posts

Well that looked fairly easy.

Nice weekend for Petrov.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:54 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by wanna911
So I guess Red Bull made Webber crash into the wall in the rain in Korea that would have put him on easy street to win the title then huh?
No man, I never said that and besides RedBull is neither Renault nor Ferrari and therefor not that obvious. Nevertheless, they did ask Webber to turn down his revs. Gave Vettel the new chassis that Webber was supposed to get, etc... RedBull did a great job of handling the situation at the end because it nearly backfired in the middle of the season when Webbo was surprisingly better and Vettel made many mistakes out of desperation.

People, please don't forget that there's only one pit box with one pit crew so the team inherently has to favor one driver over the other.

Now, by no means does this take away from what Vettel was able to accomplish. He still had to produce the results and that's no cake walk. If it tarnishes the championship last year, then most WDC would be tarnished with a few exceptions.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:12 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Both Saubers DQ'd:

What a shame, both drivers performed real well.

From www.formula1.com

Saubers disqualified over technical infringement - updated 27 Mar 2011

Sauber's Sergio Perez and Kamui Kobayashi have lost their seventh and eighth places in Sunday's Australian Grand Prix after both were disqualified for technical infringements on their cars.

Following post-race checks, the Melbourne stewards decided that both Sauber C30s were in breach of technical rules 3.10.1* and 3.10.2**, in relation to their rear wings. The team plan to appeal the decision.

"This is a very surprising and disappointing result," commented James Key, Saubers technical director. "It appears that there is a question over the top surface of the uppermost rear wing element, this area is not the working surface of the component and therefore relatively unimportant to its function.

"Certainly this has not led to any performance advantage. We are checking the design of the parts now to better understand the situation and we intend to appeal the decision made by the stewards."

The ruling means Ferraris Felipe Massa moves up to seventh, Force India's Adrian Sutil to eighth, Toro Rosso's Sebastien Buemi to ninth and Force India's Paul di Resta to tenth, the Scot thus scoring on his F1 debut.

*Article 3.10.1
"Any bodywork more than 150mm behind the rear wheel centre line which is between 150mm and 730mm above the reference plane, and between 75mm and 355mm from the car centre line, must lie in an area when viewed from the side of the car that is situated between 150mm and 350mm behind the rear wheel centre line and between 300mm and 400mm above the reference plane. When viewed from the side of the car no longitudinal cross section may have more than one section in this area.

"Furthermore, no part of this section in contact with the external air stream may have a local concave radius of curvature smaller than 100mm.

"Once this section is defined, 'gurney' type trim tabs may be fitted to the trailing edge. When measured in any longitudinal cross section no dimension of any such trim tab may exceed 20mm."

** Article 3.10.2
"Other than the bodywork defined in Article 3.10.9, any bodywork behind a point lying 50mm forward of the rear wheel centre line which is more than 730mm above the reference plane, and less than 355mm from the car centre line, must lie in an area when viewed from the side of the car that is situated between the rear wheel centre line and a point 350mm behind it."
Old 03-27-2011, 12:12 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,665 Likes on 858 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
WWWF1...............

Petrov's Looking good in Kubika's car Russia get's a GP and bam !!!!! Poor nick , he forgot how to drive ... and what happened to Stooley faux7 ......? All the kings horse and all the kings men , well u know

Flap up, flap down, Faux 7 is showing what i have said for years ,the man was barely above avg , just go to show, Bernie can make anyone look good or bad based on the Skit.. speaking of Bad , I guess they want Massa out , well obviously, he was a bad bwoy last year, squealing like a pig , how dare he...

Henjoy the show gentlemen, Vettel will screw up, Hamilton will screw up, making it another exciting WWWF program.......

Ohhh "real " racing news, Montoya is on pole at Fontana , no carburator manipulation there.......

Cheers ....

Obsess much?
Old 03-27-2011, 12:15 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
How did the fastest driver in F1 end up 5th? I guess the other 4 in front of him had broken radios when the announcement `Fernanda is faster than you. Do you understand?`came over the airwaves.

Seb`s pole must have been Bernie`s doing. It`s all a setup, ya know? No KERS and a sec faster than the rest of the field. Note worthy that when asked if it could have been any better Seb did not say if Mark would have been second and RB would have gotten a 1 - 2 grid.

Mark was very honest and gracious. He accepted that he just didn`t get it done and has to work to do. No excuses. Good on you, Mark.

Go, Seb. You the man!!
Get a f'ing life dude. Of all the things that took place, that is all you can focus on. What are you, the next LTC?
Old 03-27-2011, 12:19 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by the flyin' scotsman
well said......its good to remind those that this is a real WORLD series.

oh and BTW.....thE WORLD is not flat
OMG!
How dare you tell us Americans that we are not the world, lol. You mean other parts exist? Hahaha
Old 03-27-2011, 12:19 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
:THUMBSUP:
How dare you tell us Americans that we are not the world, lol. You mean other parts exist? Hahaha
Slow your roll, son.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:24 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Slow your roll, son.
Son? have you even grown pubic hair yet? Self proclaimed "professional DE trainer" .
Old 03-27-2011, 12:25 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
All you bitching about the schedule being lame...

You do realize that out of about 600 million viewer worldwide, probanly about 0.1% are in US...

Besides, are you guys saying that once a year, you can't manage to stay up on a Saturday night until 3.30 am...?
Very well said
I am one of those that was up to watch the race live and it was worth it. Sebastian drove an incredible race as did Hamilton with some undercarriage damage and Petrov on his first career podium. Fernando had a terrible start ending up some where in the outback while the rest of the pack ran right over him. I will say that he did a terrific job ending up chasing Petrov for the podium and finishing 4th. Sorry to see both of the Mercedes out of the race, but I was very impressed with the performance of both of the Sauber drivers finishing 7th and 8th respectively. All in all, it was an entertaining race and a good measure for the rest of the season. Unfortunately for Weber, he disappointed his fans

Last edited by morganabowen; 03-27-2011 at 09:50 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-27-2011, 12:34 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Son? have you even grown pubic hair yet? Self proclaimed "professional DE trainer" .
Thanks for proving my point. And you get extra credit for thinking about & mentioning my pubic hair. 'Nuff said. Self proclaimed Alonso fanboi.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:35 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

The drive of the race has to go to Petrov, who made the maximum of his situation. I think he had 1 less stop than Alonso and Webbo. Seb was super fast and Hammy did as well as one could expect.
I think McLaren was sandbagging all along and had a very good car. So far the pecking order up top looks like:
RBR
McLaren
Renault/Ferrari (hard to tell yet)
MB/Sauber (hard to tell since both MB drivers had DNF's)
and the rest.
All in all, It looks like RBR's championships to lose again. Let's see if they make the same mistakes as last yr or do they get better.

Last edited by RajDatta; 03-27-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:36 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Thanks for proving my point. And you get extra credit for thinking about & mentioning my pubic hair. 'Nuff said. Self proclaimed Alonso fanboi.
Do do your google search to keep yourself occupied.

Quick Reply: 2011 Australian Grand Prix (looks like Bahrain is out)