Narain Karthikeyen
0%
HRT Driver #2 TBD
1.16%
Timo Glock
0%
Jerome d' Ambrosio
0%
Takuma Sato (Fingers crossed for HRT #2)
2.33%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Australian Grand Prix (looks like Bahrain is out)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 07:29 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

The usual suspects up front. Vettel gets preferential treatment as does Lewis and Fernando.

As for the rest; well Kobayashi is the real deal (I've been saying that since Abu Dhabi 2009), Renault- what a shame Bob is not there to show what the car can really do. Massa looked second rate, Schumi-it's just sad to watch at this point, I really wanted him to do better.

Maldonado is just like his country-person, Milka Duno; ******* TERRIBLE! they can thank their deal with their country's dictator/devil for their rise in Motorsports. Di Resta- what a shame people like Maldonado/Petrov have purchased better seats.

I still think McLaren are better than Ferrari (as they were last year), but Ferrari have the better driver. Vettel looks above it all right now, that is also thanks to Webbo finally accepting his subservient role within RedBull.

Let's see what race strategy, distance and traffic will bring.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:34 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did the fastest driver in F1 end up 5th? I guess the other 4 in front of him had broken radios when the announcement `Fernanda is faster than you. Do you understand?`came over the airwaves.

Seb`s pole must have been Bernie`s doing. It`s all a setup, ya know? No KERS and a sec faster than the rest of the field. Note worthy that when asked if it could have been any better Seb did not say if Mark would have been second and RB would have gotten a 1 - 2 grid.

Mark was very honest and gracious. He accepted that he just didn`t get it done and has to work to do. No excuses. Good on you, Mark.

Go, Seb. You the man!!
Old 03-26-2011, 07:37 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,855 Likes on 961 Posts

Originally Posted by gums
-Who cares when they air the thing, who watches it live anyway?
527m audience in 2010 - trust a few watched it live, as would many in the US if given a reasonable chance.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:46 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,855 Likes on 961 Posts

Petrov took 2sec out of Heidfeld? That's pretty impressive.

Nice to see Rosberg stick it in between the Ferraris.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:47 PM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
I watched Martin Whitmarsh on BBC right after Q3 who said that KERS wasn't working on Lewis's car at the end. Not only does he lose the potential .3 sec but it messes up his brake balance as well. Not that he would've been faster than Seb, but still, not bad for a car that was pretty much written off as a competitor until yesterday.
Yup, thanks for the correction. I did read that over java a.m. Wonder just how far off the Mclaren is in the hands of Lewis in race pace then...

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
The usual suspects up front. Vettel gets preferential treatment as does Lewis and Fernando.
Little early to be able to say that, isn't it?
Old 03-26-2011, 09:51 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I still think McLaren are better than Ferrari (as they were last year), but Ferrari have the better driver.
Couldn't disagree more. Ferrari had the better car than McLaren for most of last year and I'd take Hamilton (proven better) or Button over Alonso or Massa any day of the week.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:18 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As for the rest; well Kobayashi is the real deal (I've been saying that since Abu Dhabi 2009), Renault- what a shame Bob is not there to show what the car can really do. Massa looked second rate, Schumi-it's just sad to watch at this point, I really wanted him to do better.

Maldonado is just like his country-person, Milka Duno; ******* TERRIBLE! they can thank their deal with their country's dictator/devil for their rise in Motorsports. Di Resta- what a shame people like Maldonado/Petrov have purchased better seats.

I still think McLaren are better than Ferrari (as they were last year), but Ferrari have the better driver. Vettel looks above it all right now, that is also thanks to Webbo finally accepting his subservient role within RedBull.

Let's see what race strategy, distance and traffic will bring.

Did you say that with a straight face? You might consider when Lewis had Heikki as a teammate, but he's just plain faster than Button, are you really going to try and argue that? Fernando/Massa is pretty obvious based on last year, and the rule change this year to suite Ferrari. Red Bull did actually give Webber a chance to win the WDC. So putting anyone other than Mercedes on the same level as Ferrari is laughable.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:08 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by gums
who watches it live anyway?
I'll be watching the race live. The majority of F1 fans are in European so of course the race times are always set to convenience the Euros. But I am a little lucky, the race starts at midnight local time for me and being the night owl that I am, staying up to 2-3 am is no biggie. Think I'll down a coffee soon just to play it safe.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:17 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Can Bernie really be so lame as to only have this showing at 1:30am EST in the US? The broadcasting schedule just gets worse every year.
All you bitching about the schedule being lame...

You do realize that out of about 600 million viewer worldwide, probanly about 0.1% are in US...

Besides, are you guys saying that once a year, you can't manage to stay up on a Saturday night until 3.30 am...?
Old 03-26-2011, 11:24 PM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
Did you say that with a straight face? You might consider when Lewis had Heikki as a teammate, but he's just plain faster than Button, are you really going to try and argue that? Fernando/Massa is pretty obvious based on last year, and the rule change this year to suite Ferrari. Red Bull did actually give Webber a chance to win the WDC. So putting anyone other than Mercedes on the same level as Ferrari is laughable.
I think you're watching a different series. Alonso is twice the driver of Hamilton and the Ferrari is nowhere near the McLaren. Check the times.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:48 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn

You do realize that out of about 600 million viewer worldwide, probanly about 0.1% are in US...

Besides, are you guys saying that once a year, you can't manage to stay up on a Saturday night until 3.30 am...?
Yep ... Pussies Finn, Pussies , the lot of them , definitely Stooleymacher fans...
Old 03-27-2011, 12:47 AM
AutoAtlanta
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I am a pretty big wimp and even I will be watching live. Grabbing a quick 2 hour cat nap and then getting up at 1:30 to catch the pre race show.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:53 AM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn

well said......its good to remind those that this is a real WORLD series.

oh and BTW.....thE WORLD is not flat
Old 03-27-2011, 02:26 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

One observation having just watched qualifying -- the tire do not have the same type of grip and you can see the cars sliding around a lot more- cool! Also notice as a result of the above, the roll rates of the cars are much less -- we can now actually see suspension displacement!!
Old 03-27-2011, 02:30 AM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Here we go!!!!

Quick Reply: 2011 Australian Grand Prix (looks like Bahrain is out)