Narain Karthikeyen
0%
HRT Driver #2 TBD
1.16%
Timo Glock
0%
Jerome d' Ambrosio
0%
Takuma Sato (Fingers crossed for HRT #2)
2.33%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Australian Grand Prix (looks like Bahrain is out)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 09:59 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jaje
I go to read up on the post race discussions. Massa was told to let Alonso by as soon as Button got past him so that Button would not give up the position.

Button was in front when they entered the corner and side by side when he went off b/c Massa didn't give him racing room, essentially forcing him off track. Massa was also in the wrong IMHO and the FIA did not consider that as an exception to the rule? If you are side by side - the car being overtake must provide enough room which Massa clearly did not as he went all the way to track out only leaving Button with one option. I think they should have allowed the pass as Massa was clearly slower and doing his job as the #2 driver to slow down cars in front so Alonso can catch up easier. If I was racing and did a Massa to some other driver in my series - I'd get a chewing by the race director. Massa is lucky Button didn't really retaliate any more than the little kink he did when he blew by him later in the race.
I guess Massa was around in the later 1/2 of the race where Alonso caught up to Petrov?
Old 03-28-2011, 10:52 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I NEVER SAID MOVE OVER. JUST HOLD YOUR LINE. DON'T BLOCK A FASTER CAR.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:17 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Frank, I don't agree with you on this one. He was ahead of Button and did his job. If the Stewards thought he was being overly defensive, then they could have thrown a flag or called the Ferrari pit. I have been in races just like that and while it is frustrating, you have to keep your cool and work on a solution. Passing a stubborn car is a challenge. I wanted Button to get by because I thought it would be interesting to see how long he could get the tires to last.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:59 PM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 791 Likes on 426 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
As you .... Freddy ..
Eh? You is delusional bud. Level on points, Hammy was ahead in p.2 on placings versus King of the ********* in 3rd. Hammy was in is first year in F1, Fragile Freddy in his 7th season. Fragile Freddy was ****ting in his pants about getting schooled by a rookie and had to play dirty pool. Alonso is such a ***** he'd probably put oil squirters behind his car in an Auto-X just to give an advantage over others.

Game, set, match.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:06 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,564 Likes on 822 Posts

Originally Posted by fast_freddy
Eh? You is delusional bud. Level on points, Hammy was ahead in p.2 on placings versus King of the ********* in 3rd. Hammy was in is first year in F1, Fragile Freddy in his 7th season. Fragile Freddy was ****ting in his pants about getting schooled by a rookie and had to play dirty pool. Alonso is such a ***** he'd probably put oil squirters behind his car in an Auto-X just to give an advantage over others.

Game, set, match.
LMFAO! Y'know, I saw in print recently a term I hadn't heard or seen before, to describe a recent trend in female plastic surgery.

But when I saw it, I realized that it described Princess Fernanda Alonsette to a tee: "designer vagina"
Old 03-29-2011, 12:31 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fast_freddy

Game, set, match.

Not quite , but nice try .........
Old 03-29-2011, 12:35 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Funny, so it's OK when Petrov did it last yr. Then it was the guy in the back who had to find a way around, and now Massa was just supposed to move over?
C'mon now...

LOL....Rennlist myopia .....
Old 03-29-2011, 12:51 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
Ray go read post #151. We've agreed on that since Germany last year, you apparently missed that point. I'm in agreeance with your assessment of the Massa-Button incident.
I read 151 (again). Then I re-read your profanity in post 205 and the highlighted all caps post in 213 (bit of a temper, huh?).

Sorry, you don't get to have it both ways. Either I'm a Alonso hater and need to ******* grow up (your words) for believing that Alonso got a cakewalk pass from Massa (because you disagree). Or, you agree he got a cake walk pass.

Please don't waste my time and bring up Webber and Button again (as you obviously weren't refering to them (didn't even mention them in fact) in 205.

As for the rest I've said before Alonso has talent and is among the best (raw talent only) on the F1 grid, but he is not the absolute best. Hamilton, for one has more talent and doesn't have the cancerous personality/character of Alonso. Button probably does have 100% of the raw speed of Alonso but he also doesn't have Alonso's $0.02 cent head. I'd take a Hammy/Button pairing over an Alonso/Massa pairing (in equal cars) and day of the week.

Bottom line, it's going to be a long season so there's not reason to go to defcon 1 on the first race. Hopefully, we can agree to disagree without getting hostile.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:04 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
Massa blocking? He should've ceded the position?

WTF? The pussification of society/racing continues...just sad.
I agree. We need more hard racing not less.

This great moment in F1 history springs to mind....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G59v-l-NPE

Old 03-29-2011, 01:23 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,329 Likes on 1,969 Posts

Can't we all just get along? 17 pages and we still haven't heard from LTC? He's never been the same since Sato missed out on the F1 seat again.

Can someone lend HRT a buck? Dudes spend all that money to go down under, don't turn a wheel in testing or free practice and then expect to be in the 107% on qualifying day? Shame of it is that Luizzi almost made it into the 107%.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:33 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
I read 151 (again). Then I re-read your profanity in post 205 and the highlighted all caps post in 213 (bit of a temper, huh?).

Sorry, you don't get to have it both ways. Either I'm a Alonso hater and need to ******* grow up (your words) for believing that Alonso got a cakewalk pass from Massa (because you disagree). Or, you agree he got a cake walk pass.

Please don't waste my time and bring up Webber and Button again (as you obviously weren't refering to them (didn't even mention them in fact) in 205.

As for the rest I've said before Alonso has talent and is among the best (raw talent only) on the F1 grid, but he is not the absolute best. Hamilton, for one has more talent and doesn't have the cancerous personality/character of Alonso. Button probably does have 100% of the raw speed of Alonso but he also doesn't have Alonso's $0.02 cent head. I'd take a Hammy/Button pairing over an Alonso/Massa pairing (in equal cars) and day of the week.

Bottom line, it's going to be a long season so there's not reason to go to defcon 1 on the first race. Hopefully, we can agree to disagree without getting hostile.
As stated in my post, all caps and bold was to ensure you didn't miss it, not yelling.

I've been very clear on this from post 151. Alonso, Hammy and Seb enjoy preferential treatment. Notice the first name, it says Alonso as in Fernando.

Webbo, Jenson and Massa are not as good/fast as their team mates and are second class citizens within their own team.

As for you being an Alonso hater, I never said it was because of your assessment of his "pass" on Massa. Your history of being an FA hater is well documented and the fact that you think Button is just as good or better indicates that your dislike for FA has blinded you. Because I believe it's very clear, Alonso is head and shoulders above Jensen.

As for the profanity, ******* Grow Up.

Last edited by MJSpeed; 03-29-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:01 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
I agree. We need more hard racing not less.

This great moment in F1 history springs to mind....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G59v-l-NPE

Agreed!

Start this one around the 4:50 mark and enjoy!

Old 03-29-2011, 11:06 AM
jaje
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
I guess Massa was around in the later 1/2 of the race where Alonso caught up to Petrov?
Just goes to show how slow Massa was that he was left behind by his own teammate in the same equipment and drivers who were 1/2 lap behind him caught up and passed him late in the race.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:17 AM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We'll never see racing like that famous Arnoux/Villeneuve duel again. Notice that Gilles never blocks, he holds his line and out races Rene. Today, they'd just move over and block the attempt, and it would be ok. When someone gets killed, they'll review the rule, I'm sure.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:26 AM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 791 Likes on 426 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Not quite , but nice try .........
So by objective measures he has his number. He also by reasonable subjective measures such as less "experience" has his number and its "not quite"? You must be smokin' some fearsome wacky tobaccy.

Quick Reply: 2011 Australian Grand Prix (looks like Bahrain is out)