Narain Karthikeyen
0%
HRT Driver #2 TBD
1.16%
Timo Glock
0%
Jerome d' Ambrosio
0%
Takuma Sato (Fingers crossed for HRT #2)
2.33%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Australian Grand Prix (looks like Bahrain is out)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 03:08 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by My993C2
Williams had the best car in '94 and '95 (actually they had the best car from '92 through to '97), but let's not kid ourselves Schumacher's Benetton car was a good car and the Benetton team was fast in the pits (their lightning fast pits stops won Schumacher a race or two in '94 and '95). But to Schumacher's credit (BTW I am NOT a Schumi fan), he was/is an extremely talented driver. One only needs to watch the '96 Spanish Grand Prix where the entire field struggled in the wet, the entire field except you know who.
Or the 94 Japanese grand prix when you know who was out driven by Damon Hill in the wet .. or the 99silverstone or, or ,or , when

Less than one week until the green flag flies for the start of the 2011 season. May the best driver/team win. I know who I will be cheering for. But if they fail to win, I will be jumping on the Massa bandwagon whenever possible. I am NOT a fan of the little guy, heck I am NOT a fan of Ferrari. But if it means beating you know who, I will cheer for the little Brazilian.

Understandable with your wishy washy fuzzy logic ...............
Old 03-21-2011, 03:13 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by George from MD
Didn't Wayne disappear for months after Alonso and his team choked last year?? Or was it just weeks??

I seem to recall a lot of fist shakin' and a great deal of pouting because some slower cars wouldn't let the true champion pass them.......
But wouldn't that have made Alonso a FAUX Champion?
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:14 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

No but your constant jumping from webber to Vettel and back makes you a faux supporter ...
Old 03-21-2011, 03:18 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
No but your constant jumping from webber to Vettel and back makes you a faux supporter ...
Just keeping you on your toes, your omnicientness. Besides (and I have said it before) my heart picks Webber, but my brain picks Vettel. And I did pick it right last year.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:55 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

New Pirelli colors

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/pirelli-colours.html

Each of the six different tyres will be identified by a different colour of the Pirelli P Zero logos on the sidewall of the tyre. The colours are as follows:

Supersoft - Red

Soft - Yellow

Medium - White

Hard - Silver

Intermediate - Light Blue

Wet - Orange

For the first three races of the season Pirelli has already announced that it will run a selection of hard and soft compounds, which means that silver and yellow tyres will be the first to be seen as Pirelli takes over the tyre supply in F1
Old 03-21-2011, 05:06 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Wow, look at all the pretty colors.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:43 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I suspect that we are ignoring Jensen Button and Louis Hamilton, based on the press releases that their car is not competitive for 2011 IMO Hamilton and Button are top drivers and want the WDC They will both be in the mix for 2011. I think practice is starting tomorrow
Old 03-22-2011, 02:41 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,329 Likes on 1,969 Posts

Originally Posted by morganabowen
I suspect that we are ignoring Jensen Button and Louis Hamilton, based on the press releases that their car is not competitive for 2011 IMO Hamilton and Button are top drivers and want the WDC They will both be in the mix for 2011. I think practice is starting tomorrow
Practice starts Thursday night our time. McLaren is rolling the dice that their radical updates save them, but they are extremely worried about their pace and did not have time to properly test their new components. We'll see on Thursday night how they fair.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:41 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Fernando Alonso predicts that Michael Schumacher will be very competitive in the 2011 season. Very good interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcAjE6yl89w
Old 03-22-2011, 04:03 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Fernando Alonso predicts that Michael Schumacher will be very competitive in the 2011 season. Very good interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcAjE6yl89w
I thought it was a lousy interview. He lobbed nothing but underhand softball questions.

At first I thought the interviewer was Wayne, but then I saw he wasn't on his knees........

I kid, I kid......
Old 03-22-2011, 04:20 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Very good interview
Yes it was a good interview. There is one thing about Alonso which is a good story and that is that he did not come from a wealthy family. Alonso's rise to the F1 world was based on his skill and talents. Too bad he acts like such a big baby when the cards are on the table and he does not get his way. Maybe as he ages, he will shed his cry baby antics. But there is at least one huge difference between Fernando Alonso and A Wayne. One of these two respects Schumacher for Schumi's skill and experience, and one doesn't. I think I will trust the guy who makes his living in the F1 world in regards to Schumacher.

PS: for the umpteenth time, I am NOT a Schumi fan.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:49 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yes it was a good interview. There is one thing about Alonso which is a good story and that is that he did not come from a wealthy family. Alonso's rise to the F1 world was based on his skill and talents. Too bad he acts like such a big baby when the cards are on the table and he does not get his way. Maybe as he ages, he will shed his cry baby antics. But there is at least one huge difference between Fernando Alonso and A Wayne. One of these two respects Schumacher for Schumi's skill and experience, and one doesn't. I think I will trust the guy who makes his living in the F1 world in regards to Schumacher.

PS: for the umpteenth time, I am NOT a Schumi fan.
Thou protestith too much my son... It's okay to like him....
Old 03-22-2011, 05:08 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Kimi came from very humble beginnings as well. Hamilton's father was mortgaged up to his eyeballs to get Lewis through until Ron Dennis sponsored him -- same with JPM. The Schumacher's father was a mechanic at a kart track or owned the kart track in his small town. Today I think you see more and more pay to drive rich kids and it's sad, but the way of life.

I was surprised to hear Alonso say he was satisifed with 2 championships. I would have bet money that he would have said he is still hungry and wants a few more.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:17 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Good Weather for F1 opener

The Formula One circus is busy preparing for the weekend ahead at the Albert Park circuit in Melbourne for the first Grand Prix of 2011 after a long winter's wait. Although the action is not due to kick off there until Friday, teams, F1 personnel and media have already begun arriving in their droves ready for the first F1 action of the year.

Early weather forecasts suggest teams are set for dry and sunny Saturday and Sundays, although Friday's action could well be disrupted by rain with morning showers predicted for the Melbourne region. With first practice due to kick off at 12.30 local time, the showers may not have cleared in time to allow for a dry track at the beginning of the session, but the second session at 16.30 should be dry.

Temperatures will hit a high of 18°C on Friday afternoon, the lowest high of the weekend. Saturday will see partly cloudy skies for much of the day, but with a 0% chance of precipitation and temperatures at a high of 19°C.

The clouds will clear further for race-day Sunday although there will remain some scattered cloud in places. Temperatures will rise slightly to 21°C.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:59 PM
AutoAtlanta
Former Vendor

According to a reliable source, Schumacher and Rosberg were on Softs at the last test when they topped the charts while everyone else was on Super Softs. I don't know about you, but it sounds like Brawn and Mercedes have built a zinger.

I am an avid Alonso fan, but I still think Schumacher is on a resurgent season in 2011. And I, for one, welcome our new German overlords.

Quick Reply: 2011 Australian Grand Prix (looks like Bahrain is out)