3.08%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

2010 Singapore Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010 | 11:45 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
What kind of character judges character through hearsay and innuendo?

FA's driving speaks for FA's driving..... that is all that really can be said....and right now he has demonstrated that he can rise to the top in another new and varied circumstance. Pretty impressive!
+10

The wisest comment

Forza Fernando!
Old 09-29-2010 | 12:02 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 333pg333
. If he manages to hold off the fast approaching Alonso to take the WDC I guess he'll be looked at as a false champion on this and other forums. Guess he'll just have to live with that. lol.

Not so and if you stopped skipping pages and pay attention you might learn sumting, for a change ...

Originally Posted by Luis de Prat
Webber, my friend, is dealing with the same bull#%$@ that Alonso went through in 2008, only this year the hugely talented but immature and spoiled team mate is Vettel, instead of Hamilton.

Personally, I fully agree that Webber has demonstrated having the talent to be WDC. He's also a class act as a sportsman. Kudos to his success in spite of RB pigeonholing him as their 'Number 2 driver.'
+10

Originally Posted by ltc
I believe Sir A. Wayne takes full credit for introducing "ball washer" and "amigo" to the modern F1 vocabulary
Yes .. guilty as charged ............

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
Read above...
Mansell in '92 was the Williams #1. I sat down with Patrese in '96 and he told me that both Nigel and then Schumi received preferential treatment when he was their team-mate. Nigel's cars would get a different (active suspension) file/program and Schumi's car/steering wheel had a button that didn't exist on his.
Yes we know that Schumacher teammates never receive the same treatment and cars. As to Mansell /Patrese , what Patrese said could be true , there was never any obvious signs of it . I would also add, even if so, Mansell was still the faster driver with or without the assistance and that the active Williams flattered Patrese's driving......

Herbert, Barrichello, Irvine and Massa all got race wins while teaming up with Schumi, yet...
Yes , they did , but they were never allowed to take valuable points , they won when he couldn't and Irvine never won when Schumacher was in the car , he was never allowed to , Unlike Damon and JV which were allowed to take points away from each other .....

We can agree on that. Alesi at Phoenix in 1990 was just magic, in a Tyrrell.

Yes Alesi has to be the biggest wasted talent and disappointment Hevar in F1

Old 09-29-2010 | 03:34 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
I believe Sir A. Wayne takes full credit for introducing "ball washer" and "amigo" to the modern F1 vocabulary
Which is actually quite original and nowhere near as degrading as your gratuitous penchant for calling any driver you don't like a 'she.'
Old 09-29-2010 | 04:43 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Not so and if you stopped skipping pages and pay attention you might learn sumting, for a change ...

Guilty as charged. Can't be everything to everyone...err...everywhere all the time...
Old 09-29-2010 | 10:24 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

I'm not sure I understand the pure adulation for Alonso based on this race. He qualified first (on a street circuit) and led the whole race. It was a good drive but it was far from spectacular. Outside of the first corner, he never even had to really defend against Vettel.

So no real passing, no adverse weather, etc. He had a good car and he won from pole. What am I missing?
Old 09-29-2010 | 10:42 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Luis de Prat
Which is actually quite original and nowhere near as degrading as your gratuitous penchant for calling any driver you don't like a 'she.'
It's been quite some time since I called Alonso "he who sits to pee" IIRC. I thought I was being rather polite as of late.

It's just really hard for me to like Alonso, I think he gets more credit than is deserved and is "teflon" when it comes to his "controversies".

But again, it is F1, the ends justify the means...so next step will be for Flavio to join Ferrari, bringing Pat Symmonds in tow.
Old 09-29-2010 | 12:11 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Errr... you do know Flav and Symmonds are schumacher guys ! Just saying ...

Old 09-29-2010 | 12:14 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ray S
I'm not sure I understand the pure adulation for Alonso based on this race. He qualified first (on a street circuit) and led the whole race. It was a good drive but it was far from spectacular. Outside of the first corner, he never even had to really defend against Vettel.

So no real passing, no adverse weather, etc. He had a good car and he won from pole. What am I missing?
At current trend, a bottle of Patron.......
Old 09-29-2010 | 06:09 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

The credit is not just to Alonso, but also to Vettel. One for applying the pressure (Vettel) and one for withstanding it (Alonso). Both ran mistake free in a concrete canyon. You're paying a huge compliment when you ask your question of "what am I missing?" why because such is their talent that they make the most difficult of venue look easy. As if it's no big deal. Having driven on street courses (with the walls/guard rails right up against the racing line) I can tell you is zero room for error. To do that for X laps is impressive and it seemed that they were both pushing the entire race.
Originally Posted by ltc
It's been quite some time since I called Alonso "he who sits to pee" IIRC. I thought I was being rather polite as of late.

It's just really hard for me to like Alonso, I think he gets more credit than is deserved and is "teflon" when it comes to his "controversies".

But again, it is F1, the ends justify the means...so next step will be for Flavio to join Ferrari, bringing Pat Symmonds in tow.
That I can respect and I can appreciate. As far as your Flava Flav and Symmonds coming to Ferrari, I think Stefano Domenicali is feeling the pressure to deliver more than ever.
Old 09-29-2010 | 10:34 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

You're paying a huge compliment when you ask your question of "what am I missing?" why because such is their talent that they make the most difficult of venue look easy. As if it's no big deal. Having driven on street courses (with the walls/guard rails right up against the racing line) I can tell you is zero room for error. To do that for X laps is impressive and it seemed that they were both pushing the entire race.
Nope I'm definately not missing that. To the contrary in F1, the pinnacle of motorsports, I expect that. As I said he had a good race, but far from a great race. He could have showed something special in the rain a few weeks ago, but he didn't.

Frankly the special drive of the race (that no one is really talking about) was from Kubica. Now that was a drive worthy of high praise IMHO.
Old 09-30-2010 | 01:41 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Nothing special ....

I dunno someone said something about amigos being high.. errr, err.. nah they were talking about Pete ..

Last edited by A.Wayne; 09-30-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old 09-30-2010 | 02:25 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

...Frankly the special drive of the race (that no one is really talking about) was from Kubica. Now that was a drive worthy of high praise IMHO.
He started 8th and finished 7th...I was 7th!

Other than two guys up front, the drive for me was Massa, from 24th to 8th.
Old 09-30-2010 | 09:00 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

As far as your Flava Flav and Symmonds coming to Ferrari, I think Stefano Domenicali is feeling the pressure to deliver more than ever.
IMHO, Luca is feeling the pressure from Santander, Luca then "expresses" it to SD and the rest of the crew.

Santander is under some financial pressure and needs to show a WDC coming from their sizeable sponsorship (and Kimi salary) investment.

Alonso may win the WDC, but I still believe that the Constructors title will end up with RBR. Clearly down on power since Renault never asked for a "reliability upgrade", this year's Newey chassis has been the class of the field IMHO.
Old 09-30-2010 | 10:18 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
IMHO, Luca is feeling the pressure from Santander, Luca then "expresses" it to SD and the rest of the crew.

Santander is under some financial pressure and needs to show a WDC coming from their sizeable sponsorship (and Kimi salary) investment.

Alonso may win the WDC, but I still believe that the Constructors title will end up with RBR. Clearly down on power since Renault never asked for a "reliability upgrade", this year's Newey chassis has been the class of the field IMHO.
Just don't forget your promise if FA wins.
Raj
Old 09-30-2010 | 10:26 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Just don't forget your promise if FA wins.
Raj
I won't forget.

Quick Reply: 2010 Singapore Grand Prix