2010 Singapore Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 04:22 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
That will never happen because there are budgets and limits to testing now. Ferrari outspent it's competition in the past. They can't do that anymore. To add to that, their management structure is not as strong as it was in the past.
That was a once in a lifetime achievement by everyone involved.
Raj
+10 .... Schumacher's career was the perfect storm and was aided along because of Senna's death. When Monty made the move to oust schumacher, it was obvious his intent was to return the team to racing and to stop the charade. Faux 7 choose to run than face KR

His return .................................... ............................

Originally Posted by Nizer
He would need to start running into a lot more cars on track for that to happen...

Originally Posted by ltc
I simply find the coincidence of Alonso pitting the exact lap necessary to make the strategy work (re: crash and safety car) statistically improbable, followed by who could have possibly been 'Racer X' in the sealed WMSC testimony.
Again, it seems logical that Alonso would have been Racer X, testifying in exchange for being allowed to keep his F1 Superlicense.
It also makes semse for Bernie to help orchestrate some path out of the wilderness for both the sport and a 2X WDC.

Any individual incident, when viewed in a vacuum, is probably just that, an isolated incident.

However, when the largest scandals in modern F1/FOM/FIA/WMSC in the past 5 years all include Alonso, you have to simply wonder "if there's smoke, there's fire" or "he is simply a cut and cuddly little driver who is just always in the wrong place at the wrong time".
He didn't make the strategy Lewis , he drove the car , which he did brilliantly ...

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
What kind of character judges character through hearsay and innuendo?

FA's driving speaks for FA's driving..... that is all that really can be said....and right now he has demonstrated that he can rise to the top in another new and varied circumstance. Pretty impressive!
+10 Renault , Maclaren , now Ferrari .... always a winner ..............

Originally Posted by ltc
BTW, I am certain that the midseason resurgence in the F10 is all to do with Fernando's input (as the best development driver in 2010 (testing ban) Formula One) and has little to do with a certain recent hiring.

Again, nothing but hearsay and inuendo; nothing that could be correlated or significant.
Ok, less flip your flip .. .. How is Massa doing ............

Originally Posted by morganabowen
Let us not forget that after the "Team Orders" issue with Ferrari, RBR did the same thing when Vettel was made to allow Webber to pass him. It seems to be a theme in the business.....
Correction , RBR and Mclaren have been practicing Team orders from race 1....a fact missed by the amigos.. Mclaren's malfeasance was heavy in Australia for eg.

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Someone sent me a little gift a while back that I have to share with everyone. I found it very funny. Too bad, I can't take credit for it
Hopefully, I won't get banned for it, lol.

ROFL .........
Old 09-28-2010, 04:24 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

All this faux champion bull$h!t has got to stop. A. Wayne and the rest that subscribe to that way of thinking are just delusional. From 1990 on, all WDC have received number one status on their team, so in one way or another I guess they're all faux champions.

1991, Mansell and Patrese were equals
1999, Eddie Irvine didn't have No. 1 status until later in the year (read: too late)
2007, Alonso failed to win the title because he didn't have No. 1 status at McLaren
2008, Massa didn't have No. 1 status until later in the year (read: too late)

The last two drivers to win the title without No. 1 status:

<-----------

1988 Senna
1989 Prost

How did that turn out?

Last edited by MJSpeed; 09-28-2010 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:32 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
First of all he was cleared of any wrong doing re: 2008 Singapore (whether you believe it or not)..
Yes, he was cleared, OJ was found "not guilty".
I still can't believe he had no idea, nor that he wasn't Driver X in the investigation.

And the other one was not his doing, it was Nigel Stepney who stole the documents. Yes he was a recipient of the information and therefore a beneficiary and of course guilty of cheating as was PDR, LH, RD and the rest of the unknown McLaren personel. To read you and others write about it, FA is Lee Harvey Oswald and did it all by himself.
That's interesting but just not relevant.
Yes, he did benefit from the information, he did discuss the ongoing test programme with PDR, but again, why then would have threatened to go to the FIA and what was his participation/testimony in that investigation?

You're probably right, just an example of statistical improbability. He deserves everything he has achieved and will achieve.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:35 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

All this faux champion bull$h!t has got to stop. A. Wayne and the rest that subscribe to that way of thinking are just delusional. From 1990 on, all WDC have received number one status on their team, so in one way or another I guess they're all faux champions.

1991, Mansell and Patrese were equals
1999, Eddie Irvine didn't have No. 1 status until later in the year (read: too late)
2007, Alonso failed to win the title because he didn't have No. 1 status at McLaren
2008, Massa didn't have No. 1 status until later in the year (read: too late)

The last two drivers to win the title without No. 1 status:

1988 Senna
1989 Prost

How did that turn out?
Mansell never had no1 status over Patrese , he was just faster, everyone knew that and Prost and Senna turned out well thank you, they both won 2 wdc for Mclaren the 2 yrs they were together locking out everyone else.

Relax Marcello , only faux 7 and faux 1 button are eligible today of faux status. faux status is not becaue you are no 1 , faux status is from the fixing of races to justify the end results , for eg, Button in this year australian gp and Alonso in singapore 3 yrs ago .

Now to address the amigos and this german thing ....

Alonso out qualified Massa and has been faster than Massa all year. In fact the only reason Ferrari told Massa to move his sorry **** over was because of Vettel's malfeasance at the start. If not for such , we would not be having any conversation about germany ...

Alonso does not have a contract telling Massa he cannot race , there is no hidden agenda, false pitstops or race manipulations to keep Massa behind Alonso, as with faux 7 and faux 1, as a matter of fact , i view Massa as Alonso's biggest threat to losing this championship. As his driving is very desperate and on more than a few occasions he has come close to taking Alonso out , much more than the competition... It was Massa that allowed slowboy to get away on that first lap at Monza, he drove Alonso as if he was in a RB.. .

The day Massa has been proven to be faster than Alonso and there is schumacher type manipulation done to preserve his pace ahead of Massa , then he will have faux status , such as was evident last year with Button and Barichello... until then Alonso is just number 1 ...

Lewis how is Schumacher doing ................... ?

PS: The last race is where? the same country that threatens to pull out , Bernie needs a big money race for them, it was not by coincidence that Webbo was not penalized for his infraction with Hamilton, to do so would have pushed Alonso out front and chanced ending the championship before.

Bernie needs a tight championship race going into Abu Dahbi , pay attn to rules and infractions where necessary to provide a show there and not Brazil.....

stay tuned ............

Last edited by A.Wayne; 09-28-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:32 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ltc
...Yes, he did benefit from the information, he did discuss the ongoing test programme with PDR, but again, why then would have threatened to go to the FIA and what was his participation/testimony in that investigation?

You're probably right, just an example of statistical improbability. He deserves everything he has achieved and will achieve.
I said he cheated while at McLaren, which as we all know now, is part of McLaren's modus operandi. Oh, I get it, he's super duper guilty, feel all better now?

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Mansell never had no1 status over Patrese, he was just faster, everyone knew that...
In '92 Nigel HAD no.1 status and apparently not everyone knows that.

and Prost and Senna turned out well thank you, they both won 2 wdc for Mclaren the 2 yrs they were together locking out everyone else.
Wrong. Senna won 2 but Prost/Ballestre stole 1.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:55 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

You do know Patrese had the upper hand in 91 , Mansell's charge came late 91.. Mansell was always the faster driver, there were never any no1 status at Williams, they even allowed Damon to take points away from Prost and Mansell from Piquet, JV from Hill ( i will admit to some shenanigans when it was necessary during this time) But Frank again hated Hill...

I have never seen nor can i recall any situation where Nigel got special treatment from Frank Williams , contrary, Frank hated Nigel guts and was actually forced by sponsors to hire him in 91, after Alesi backed out of his contract and went to Ferrari.

How different things would have been for Mansell and Alesi , if Alesi had stayed with Williams and drove that 91 and 92 car , considering he was a handful in the Tyrell..
Old 09-28-2010, 06:45 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
I believe it has been quite civilized.
..... why can I not simply question Alonso's past and how it has brought us to where we are today?.....
You are absolutely right, and within your rights, to question? But to provide absolute answers? Premature conclusions may be ....premature!

On another comment!

As for "ball washer" comment!

What is obvious, is obvious, and to try and attack the messenger(s) might just be a sign of desperation and emotional overload. All of the posters don't need to comment all of the time (last time I checked).
Old 09-28-2010, 07:09 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Just another titbit apart from the Alonsmacher show...When Webber and Hamilton came together Webber's front rh wheel/tyre was damaged and created a massive imbalance which created a lot of steering wheel wobble. To finish 3rd in front of Button who was charging on fresh rubber is a testament to his skills no matter how much he is generally ignored as a talented driver. If he manages to hold off the fast approaching Alonso to take the WDC I guess he'll be looked at as a false champion on this and other forums. Guess he'll just have to live with that. lol.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:20 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,280 Likes on 1,937 Posts

Every once in a while I like to sit down, relax, have a glass of Porto and read a good fictional story about what's in contracts, who hates who, what sponsor made team owners do what, who has a higher pecking order than the others and finally, just for dessert, the good 'ol conspiracy theory. Thanks A. Wayne, no one puts me to sleep faster than you.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:22 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,280 Likes on 1,937 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Just another titbit apart from the Alonsmacher show...When Webber and Hamilton came together Webber's front rh wheel/tyre was damaged and created a massive imbalance which created a lot of steering wheel wobble. To finish 3rd in front of Button who was charging on fresh rubber is a testament to his skills no matter how much he is generally ignored as a talented driver. If he manages to hold off the fast approaching Alonso to take the WDC I guess he'll be looked at as a false champion on this and other forums. Guess he'll just have to live with that. lol.
See posts 145 and 146
Old 09-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333

Webber, my friend, is dealing with the same bull#%$@ that Alonso went through in 2008, only this year the hugely talented but immature and spoiled team mate is Vettel, instead of Hamilton.

Personally, I fully agree that Webber has demonstrated having the talent to be WDC. He's also a class act as a sportsman. Kudos to his success in spite of RB pigeonholing him as their 'Number 2 driver.'
Old 09-28-2010, 07:51 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
See posts 145 and 146
Right. Sorry I skipped a few pages due to, well you can guess...

Originally Posted by Luis de Prat
Webber, my friend, is dealing with the same bull#%$@ that Alonso went through in 2008, only this year the hugely talented but immature and spoiled team mate is Vettel, instead of Hamilton.

Personally, I fully agree that Webber has demonstrated having the talent to be WDC. He's also a class act as a sportsman. Kudos to his success in spite of RB pigeonholing him as their 'Number 2 driver.'
Luis, not often we agree, but there's always room for exceptions.

I think Alonso is clearly a very talented driver and no matter what happens with all the political side of things, he deserves his place in history...whatever that place will be.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:44 PM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

It appears Rennlist's F1 posters have degraded into individual wars...where to begin!?

Old 09-28-2010, 09:52 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
You are absolutely right, and within your rights, to question? But to provide absolute answers? Premature conclusions may be ....premature!

On another comment!

As for "ball washer" comment!

What is obvious, is obvious, and to try and attack the messenger(s) might just be a sign of desperation and emotional overload. All of the posters don't need to comment all of the time (last time I checked).
I believe Sir A. Wayne takes full credit for introducing "ball washer" and "amigo" to the modern F1 vocabulary
Old 09-28-2010, 10:28 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

...1991, Mansell and Patrese were equals...
You do know Patrese had the upper hand in 91 , Mansell's charge came late 91...
Read above...
Mansell in '92 was the Williams #1. I sat down with Patrese in '96 and he told me that both Nigel and then Schumi received preferential treatment when he was their team-mate. Nigel's cars would get a different (active suspension) file/program and Schumi's car/steering wheel had a button that didn't exist on his.

...they even allowed Damon to take points away from Prost and Mansell from Piquet, JV from Hill ( i will admit to some shenanigans when it was necessary during this time)...
Herbert, Barrichello, Irvine and Massa all got race wins while teaming up with Schumi, yet...

...after Alesi backed out of his contract and went to Ferrari.

How different things would have been for Mansell and Alesi , if Alesi had stayed with Williams and drove that 91 and 92 car , considering he was a handful in the Tyrell..
We can agree on that. Alesi at Phoenix in 1990 was just magic, in a Tyrrell.

Quick Reply: 2010 Singapore Grand Prix