Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Who will win the Conga race?
Jenson Button
5.19%
Lewis Hamilton
20.78%
Michael Schumacher
14.29%
Nico Rosberg
1.30%
Sebastian Vettel
27.27%
Mark Webber
6.49%
Felipe Massa
0%
Fernando Alonso
20.78%
Rubens Barrichello
0%
Nico Hulkenberg
0%
Robert Kubica
0%
Vitaly Petrov
0%
Adrian Sutil
0%
Viantonio Liuzzi
0%
Sebastien Buemi
0%
Jamie Alguersuari
0%
Jarno Trulli
0%
Heikki Kovalainen
0%
Karun Chandhok
1.30%
Bruno Senna
0%
Pedro de la Rosa
0%
Kamui Kobayashi
0%
Timo Glock
0%
Lucas di Grassi
0%
Takuma Sato
2.60%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

2010 Monaco Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 02:09 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn, Webber was way out there, blindingly fast, congrats! Winning the GP of Monaco it something they all dream about.

Alonso managed to salvage some points which I'm sure he's happy of, was helped a lot by the safety car obviously but still, got important points.

Vettel & Kubica drove well to but Webber outshone them big time.

Schumi provided the WTF moment in the end... WTF? Great job MS...
(and is penalized and ended up in 12th so good job).

Yeah Pete, I agree, there has never ever been any team orders or priorities with Schumi & Brawn... It's all conspiracy...
Old 05-16-2010, 02:22 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,333 Likes on 1,972 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Damn, Webber was way out there, blindingly fast, congrats! Winning the GP of Monaco it something they all dream about.

Alonso managed to salvage some points which I'm sure he's happy of, was helped a lot by the safety car obviously but still, got important points.

Vettel & Kubica drove well to but Webber outshone them big time.

Schumi provided the WTF moment in the end... WTF? Great job MS...
(and is penalized and ended up in 12th so good job).

Yeah Pete, I agree, there has never ever been any team orders or priorities with Schumi & Brawn... It's all conspiracy...

First let me be the first to say that Schumacher had a brain fart at the end (EDIT, 2010 rules say you can pass after the safety car is in, after the local yellow and before start finish). But a 20 second penalty? You know who was the race steward today...... Damon Hill..... finally extracts his revenge.

Finn,

Why don't you come clean and admit that Schumacher outraced Nico and was pulling away from him until each safety car period?

Then come clean and explain how you were wrong about Mercedes cocking up the pit stop for Nico? He had a 3.9 second pit stop!!!!! That is amazing and still came out behind Schumacher.

Y'all need to face facts, Schumi is now feeling comfortable and is on pace or better than Nico and will only pull away from him from here on in. You don't become a 7 time World Champion and 91 GP race winner with smoke and mirrors or conspiracy

BTW, congrats to Webber. The guy is in another league right now and significantly more dominate over his teammate than anyone thought.

Lewis Hamilton continues to race neck and neck with Alonso as the biggest Prima Dona on the grid with his continual chastising of the team

Last edited by multi21; 05-16-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
First let me be the first to say that Schumacher had a brain fart at the end.
Do you think so? Who here saw the green light on when the safety car pulled in? That is certainly a point of conflict between rules and situation.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 05-16-2010, 02:39 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

I stand corrected. Schumacher did not pull a brain fart/bone head move. He was specifically told by Ross Brawn about the new for 2010 rules about overtaking after the safety car pulls in and after the yellow and before start finish.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/formula-1-...ali-and-brawn/

That doesn't change the fact that Damon Hill penalized him to 12th place, but Mercedes is going to appeal the penalty based on the new 2010 rules.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:41 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Schumacher sure pass was legal

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/formula-1-...***-was-legal/

My guess is that after the appeal, Schumacher will get another one over on Damon Hill that was brought in to be the celebrity judge of the day. Hill will appear as the celebrity judge on American Idol next week....
Old 05-16-2010, 02:52 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

...Finn,

Why don't you come clean and admit that Schumacher outraced Nico and was pulling away from him until each safety car period?...
Yeah, it would've been be real smart from Nico to stay glued to Schumi's gearbox and overheat the engine...
And please don't reply why didn't Nico try to pass...

...Then come clean and explain how you were wrong about Mercedes cocking up the pit stop for Nico? He had a 3.9 second pit stop!!!!! That is amazing and still came out behind Schumacher...
Settle down and read my post, I said if Schumi doesn't manage to pass Nico at the start, something funny might happen with Nico's pitstop.
So there, I "came clean".

...Y'all need to face facts, Schumi is now feeling comfortable and is on pace or better than Nico and will only pull away from him from here on in...
You're right, in fact, I'd say as much right as you are with the fact that there never has been any favoritism with Schumi-Brawn duo...

Interesting about the new rules by the way, I've said it before but I need to repeat, Ross Brawn is a genius. It seems that it was a legal although the rule (old rule?) says if the race ends with the safety car on the track, it will pull in on the last lap and the cars will drive to the checkered flag without passing. We'll see.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:57 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTW, congrats to Webber. The guy is in another league right now and significantly more dominate over his teammate than anyone thought.
I suspect two things are in play here with Webber's success (versus his teammate Vettel):

1) Vettel had a lot of speed early in the season, but he was likely over driving his car which caused some of his early season problems. It appears that he has dialed it back in order to start collecting points that were lost earlier in the year.

2) If you got to see the post race interviews (viewers of Speed TV did not thanks to their brain dead decision of cutting away to cover useless pre-race NASCAR commentary 3-4 hours before the actual NASCAR race began), you would have caught Vettel saying something along the line of since passing is extremely difficult at Monaco and since Vettel was already behind Webber from the start, Vettel decided to not push it this race and spent more time looking in his mirrors defending from Kubica and less time trying to chase down Webber.

But of course what do I know ... I am just some Joe on the

Lewis Hamilton continues to race neck and neck with Alonso as the biggest Prima Dona on the grid with his continual chastising of the team
Agreed ... Hamilton is a talented driver, but he needs to take his spoiled spoon fed sucker out of his mouth and realize that racing is a team sport.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:58 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Yeah, it would've been be real smart from Nico to stay glued to Schumi's gearbox and overheat the engine...
And please don't reply why didn't Nico try to pass...
Don't worry Petu, his engine wasn't going to overheat, it's not like Nico drives for McLaren where they leave engine covers on during the installation lap...

Ahhhhh, the Evil Empire is falling apart. First they don't put Hamilton's left front wheel on properly in Spain causing a DNF while in 2nd place and now they basically fry the engine before the race even started for Jensen who was leading the WDC until this morning.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:21 PM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did anyone see the driver's post race comments in your part of the world? Cutting to a commercial when Button appeared to be done at the beginning of the race. Missing a restart while at commercial. Damn ugly coverage from my point of view. What do expect from the Nascar channel.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:28 PM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Just finished watching the race and wanted to come on here and put it in Pete's face and Michael Schumacher for another screw up at Monaco and all his Alonso bashing, but given that I didn't have all the facts, it looks pretty clear that what was thought to originally be a complete mess up, was a brillant move taking full advantage of the sporting regulations. Ross Brawn is a genius and his executioner, MS is as well. Damn

Great move by Ferrari pulling Alonso into the pits on lap 2 of the SC and moving him all the way up to 6th or 7th depending on how this appeal plays out.

Stepping back and looking at the facts (and it's hard for me to say this as a hard and fast Fernando Alonso fan), Schumacher does look to be getting the best of his teammate. He's beaten him in the last 2 races and with both the long and short wheelbase car. Let's see how it goes in Turkey, but it looks like he's getting on with the program now.

This is just my opinion, but I believe McLaren is spending way too much attention on Lewis Hamilton and not enough on Button. Allowing a car to leave the pits while leaving a cooling duct closed is just unexcusable. Button was leading the championship up until today and I can't see McLaren doing that with Hamilton's car. A wheel nut during a 4 second pit stop is one thing. A non rushed brightly covered air duct fixture is quite another. The same excuse with those saying Schumacher is getting preferred treatment can apply that same logic to the fact Hamilton is getting preferred treatment over Button. You can argue that Hamilton is faster, but the facts remain that Button is a 2 time race winner over 5 races (at that point) and lead the championship quite handily over his teammate.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:55 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 98 Posts

I don't know if MS really beat Rosberg this weekend. They both had their moments. Best one can say it that they were fairly close.

This last lap pass incident was certainly confusing. Apparently there is a rule specific to last laps in this situation (new for this year). Suffice to say: It was confusing and will no doubt be debated for a long time to come.

Webber was outstanding and it will be fantastic to watch the rivalry, as Vettel will go nuts trying to come to terms with Webber's speed.

Kubica was my driver of the race, well, weekend actually. Everytime the camera was on him, in car or out, it looked thrilling. He was on it 100%.

To my mind Mercedes disproved that notion that they are favoring MS to the detriment of Nico. When it became clear he (Rosberg) was able to get some good clear laps in after the others had stopped, they kept him out and if it weren't for him getting stuck behind Webber duirng Webbo's out-lap, Rosberg wouild almost have certainly emerged in front of that gaggle of cars behind Alonso. NOT the approach you would take if you wanted to ensure MS stayed ahead at all costs.

I will stop commenting on this though, as I know there are some who will always reverse-engineer the happenings to support a viewpoint that the evidence fails to support!
Old 05-16-2010, 05:27 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default The Gift that keeps on giving ..........

Stoolmacher is the gift that keeps on giving ... LOL.........

Schumacher handed 20-second penalty

By Pablo Elizalde Sunday, May 16th 2010, 16:37 GMT

Michael Schumacher has been handed a 20-second penalty for having overtaken Fernando Alonso on the final corner of the Monaco Grand Prix.

The Mercedes GP driver passed Alonso just as the safety car had left the circuit on the final lap, and stewards deemed the race was still finishing under the safety car.

Under rule 40.13, which states that "if the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pitlane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking," Schumacher has been given a penalty.

The German, who had passed Alonso for sixth, drops down to 12th, meaning Toro Rosso's Sebastien Buemi's scores the final point for 10th.

Revised race results

Pos Driver Team
1. Webber Red Bull-Renault
2. Vettel Red Bull-Renault
3. Kubica Renault
4. Massa Ferrari
5. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes
6. Alonso Ferrari
7. Rosberg Mercedes
8. Sutil Force India-Mercedes
8. Liuzzi Force India-Mercedes
10. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari
11. Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari
12. Schumacher Mercedes
13. Petrov Renault

World Championship standings, round 6:

Drivers: Constructors:
1. Webber 78 1. Red Bull-Renault 156
2. Vettel 78 2. Ferrari 136
3. Alonso 75 3. McLaren-Mercedes 129
4. Button 70 4. Mercedes 78
5. Massa 61 5. Renault 65

6. Kubica 59 6. Force India-Mercedes 30
7. Hamilton 59 7. Williams-Cosworth 8
8. Rosberg 56 8. Toro Rosso-Ferrari 4
9. Schumacher 22
10. Sutil 20
11. Liuzzi 10
12. Barrichello 7
13. Petrov 6
14. Alguersuari 3
15. Hulkenberg 1
16. Buemi 1

All timing unofficial

Yaaaaahoooooo what a numbnut ...............

Last edited by A.Wayne; 05-16-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,566 Likes on 822 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne

Stoolmacher

Schumacher

Schumacher

Schumacher

Schumacher

Schumacher

Yaaaaahoooooo what a numbnut ...............

Old 05-16-2010, 05:47 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pole position
LOL @ you....................maybe you should ckeck sector times, your boy could not shake the grandpa as a matter of fact MS was faster.

MS is already in Rosbergs head, it is pretty obvious and if he is such a bad *** as you claim and even a WDC contender , lmfao, how come he can't completly park the methusalem at every chance he gets ? If the young MS from the Benetton days would have raced the current MS in the same team he would have decapitated him...................

As for DJ Wixeraynsky, once upon a time a certain driver parked a car in qualifying and rightfully was demoted to the end of the grid. Said driver ended up in the top five after literally rolling up almost the entire field.......................so when you claim there ain't no passing in Monaco lets see if your Spanish Queen can do something similar................and don't give me the donkey car BS because his ride is great as was the said drivers ride some moons ago.
Pinhead Position!

Alonso from dead last past your Mutt Hero who has now been penalized in his last 2 Monaco GP...Consistency ..Yep!....

Yep Schumacher is in Rosbergs head:

8. Rosberg 56 8.
9. Schumacher 22

Schumacher would not have stood a chance against Rosberg without Mercedes /Brawn's help

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
I guess that Webber is finally feeling like his old self after that injury 2 years ago. I always felt that if he could just get it together a little more and catch a few breaks he would be a driver to reckon with. Who here remembers him with Williams and then with the emerging Red Bull, consistently qualifying much better than the car deserved.
Yep so much so you picked vettel ....LOL........
Old 05-16-2010, 06:19 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Yep so much so you picked vettel ....LOL........
Yes I did. I always liked Webber and have always felt that he was under-rated, but over the last 2 years (the last 2 races non-withstanding) Vettel has proven to be faster. Your inability to see this probably explains why you can only like one driver at a time.

Quick Reply: 2010 Monaco Grand Prix