Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Who will win the Conga race?
Jenson Button
5.19%
Lewis Hamilton
20.78%
Michael Schumacher
14.29%
Nico Rosberg
1.30%
Sebastian Vettel
27.27%
Mark Webber
6.49%
Felipe Massa
0%
Fernando Alonso
20.78%
Rubens Barrichello
0%
Nico Hulkenberg
0%
Robert Kubica
0%
Vitaly Petrov
0%
Adrian Sutil
0%
Viantonio Liuzzi
0%
Sebastien Buemi
0%
Jamie Alguersuari
0%
Jarno Trulli
0%
Heikki Kovalainen
0%
Karun Chandhok
1.30%
Bruno Senna
0%
Pedro de la Rosa
0%
Kamui Kobayashi
0%
Timo Glock
0%
Lucas di Grassi
0%
Takuma Sato
2.60%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

2010 Monaco Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 03:48 PM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

This is my 1st post in this thread (page 12).... and you guys are usually pretty snobby when "outsiders" comment ... anyway...

Why does everyone expect MS to be just as fantastic as be was 4 years ago? New car, new team, and has had very little testing before the first race.

He is constantly improving. Ray Charles can see that. He's already beating his teammate, who's mission in life, it seems, is to beat MS. And.... I'm sure the cars are something to do with the "middle of the pack" problems. Its not like his gay teammate Nico is winning every race. Both cars are having about the same results.

This year is in the toilet... of course. If he decides to race next year, then we should see some good racing from the old(er) man.

Originally Posted by gums
I just don't know what he's trying to prove, having broken every existing record already. He has nowhere to go but down from here, surely there are other outlets for his sporting desires. I'd hate to see him fall from grace after achieving such a distinguised career, and that's what he's now doing.
Also, let's not forget that the racing was better immediately upon his departure....
Why does he have to prove something? What's wrong with doing it for the love of driving an F1 car?
Old 05-17-2010, 03:51 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by m73m95
This is my 1st post in this thread (page 12).... and you guys are usually pretty snobby when "outsiders" comment ... anyway...

Why does everyone expect MS to be just as fantastic as be was 4 years ago? New car, new team, and has had very little testing before the first race.

He is constantly improving. Ray Charles can see that. He's already beating his teammate, who's mission in life, it seems, is to beat MS. And.... I'm sure the cars are something to do with the "middle of the pack" problems. Its not like his gay teammate Nico is winning every race. Both cars are having about the same results.

This year is in the toilet... of course. If he decides to race next year, then we should see some good racing from the old(er) man.
Err, how is Schumacher beating his teammate ? same results ?....

Rosberg qualy 5-1
races in front 4-2

Podiums : 2-0

points 56-22

where is the beating ? how is schumacher in front ?

Same MO from every schumcher person ... blurred vision and perspective..
Old 05-17-2010, 03:55 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,333 Likes on 1,972 Posts

I just don't know what he's trying to prove, having broken every existing record already. He has nowhere to go but down from here, surely there are other outlets for his sporting desires. I'd hate to see him fall from grace after achieving such a distinguised career, and that's what he's now doing.
Also, let's not forget that the racing was better immediately upon his departure....
I see your point, but it's lost on A. Wayne and some others because MS clearly hasn't done enough to earn their respect.

But look at it this way, Here is a 7 time WDC and he's not so consumed with his own legacy that he is willing to go back out there and race at the highest level despite the fact that he is past his prime and older than anyother competitor out there. It's refreshing to know he's just not sitting back and worried about his rep. and is willing to put it on the line. That takes *****.

The racing was better after he left because he was so dominate in his prime. This could be debated until the end of time, but none of these guys today could touch Schumacher in his prime.

Wayne, you might not have wanted to be Schumacher's teammate, but he was ALWAYS a team guy. You can't even compare Alonso (SPELLED WITH AN "I") to Schumacher as a team player. Read anything from Todt, Brawn, or any of the engineers or mechanics that every worked with Schumacher. They would run through a wall for him and in turn, he would be grateful for everything they did for him to acheive his greatness. Never forget that.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:58 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Whoa ! In coming ! Pete's analysis.......

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-01-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:02 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by m73m95
That's A. Wayne. If your not a regular here or have a post count higher than 2000 he discounts you and says something stupid to discourage someone from ever posting again as evidenced by your post.

The truth is, you can just come in and say what you want. There are others on the F1 threads that annoy A. Wayne enough that he eventually puts you on ignore, just saying...
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Err, how is Schumacher beating his teammate ? same results ?....

Rosberg qualy 5-1
races in front 4-2

Podiums : 2-0

points 56-22

where is the beating ? how is schumacher in front ?

Same MO from every schumcher person ... blurred vision and perspective..
My comment is implying that at the beginning, Nico WAS better.... in the last 2 races, MS has been. He is improving.
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Whoa ! In coming ! Pete's analysis.......
what happened to me being on ignore, numb nut

BTW, brillant analysis and retort. We're all the better for your insight.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:07 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ya gotta admit, as much as you guys seem to dislike A. Wayne, that's a pretty funny picture there!

As for Schumy, it's true that he was a great champion, and I have insight from some Ferrari brass that he was quite the diplomat as well. So, far be it for me to take anything away from him, especially as I always pull for Ferrari and it was so great for so long.
But, I never liked some of his tactics; blatantly running Damon off to gain I think his first WC. Then, trying it on Gilles, who admitted that he fully expected it and was ready. Also, he was the one who sought clarification on blocking that resulted in the "one move" intepretation. Such crap, I hate any form of blocking. Too self-serving, even his patented chops right at the start were predictable and unsporting.

Last edited by gums; 05-17-2010 at 04:09 PM. Reason: spell
Old 05-17-2010, 04:32 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, but all the great ones want one more shot at glory. How about Michael Jordan, or Brett Favre, or Lance Armstrong? Did they do it to continue their legacy, or because they desperately missed the sport that they love? I think that only they can truly know the answer.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 05-17-2010, 04:51 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

yeah, true, and who am I to say? And, it's been a boon to the sport to have him back as well.....
Old 05-17-2010, 04:55 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Ya gotta admit, as much as you guys seem to dislike A. Wayne, that's a pretty funny picture there!

Dislike ........ no such thing Doc they wuv me ................
Old 05-17-2010, 05:28 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

yeah, well you do ask for it.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:53 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

yeah, well you do ask for it.
I blame it all on that so called Amigo and Super Moderator LTC. Everytime it's nice and calm with a 3 week break between races, he stirs up the pot and calls Wayne out of his lair. I think LTC gets paid by the number of posts he moderates

Word on the street is whenever LTC needs to pay for a vacation or tuition payment, he sets up a "Schumacher vs. Alonso" or Danica Patrick thread.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:14 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Or he lets you in , for your MSNBC type analysis ...............
Old 05-17-2010, 06:39 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Right now, boys. Right now.

I just woke up from watching the Monaco GP. Snooze. Yawn.

What happened to MS? He made a legal pass under a green flag (greens means go, in case you guys don't no the flags) and some x-driver with an ax to grind makes a hasty decision to penalize? 2 rules canceling each other out.

Only 2 options: 1) Legal pass. He finished 6th. 2) He is demoted to 7th which is one position below what he EARNED.

Alonso did NOT have a good DRIVE. He and the team made a very good (only option) call and he was incredibly lucky there were so many SC events. This is how the game is played and good on him for doing something with nothing.

Great ones like MS and Michael Jordan come back because they miss the only life they ever knew and the great feelings that they became addicted to. MS continues to step up his game. The questions is can he bring it back to HIS old level or at least to the level of today’s talent. None of which are anywhere near duplicating what he did.

Quick Reply: 2010 Monaco Grand Prix