Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Who will win the Conga race?
Jenson Button
5.19%
Lewis Hamilton
20.78%
Michael Schumacher
14.29%
Nico Rosberg
1.30%
Sebastian Vettel
27.27%
Mark Webber
6.49%
Felipe Massa
0%
Fernando Alonso
20.78%
Rubens Barrichello
0%
Nico Hulkenberg
0%
Robert Kubica
0%
Vitaly Petrov
0%
Adrian Sutil
0%
Viantonio Liuzzi
0%
Sebastien Buemi
0%
Jamie Alguersuari
0%
Jarno Trulli
0%
Heikki Kovalainen
0%
Karun Chandhok
1.30%
Bruno Senna
0%
Pedro de la Rosa
0%
Kamui Kobayashi
0%
Timo Glock
0%
Lucas di Grassi
0%
Takuma Sato
2.60%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

2010 Monaco Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Right now, boys. Right now.

I just woke up from watching the Monaco GP. Snooze. Yawn.
You need to put that Cappuchino maker on auto-timer! Get it to make you one right after the round of pit stops.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:40 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Err, how is Schumacher beating his teammate ? same results ?....

Rosberg qualy 5-1
races in front 4-2

Podiums : 2-0

points 56-22

where is the beating ? how is schumacher in front ?

Same MO from every schumcher person ... blurred vision and perspective..
Why not make the comparison you'd really like, MS vs. FA?

Michael has only been out-qualified and beaten by his teamate 16 times in his 255 race career (only 6.2% of the time). Can Fernando match that?.......No

Over their respective careers

Michael has won 36% of the time, Alonso 15%
Michael has taken poll 27% of the time, Alonso 12%
Michael was on the podium 60% of the time, Alonso 38%
Michael had the fastest lap 30% of the time, Alonso 11%
Michael has finished in the points 75% of the time, Alonso 66%

There are a few stats that Alonso wins;

Tried to blackmail team - Michael 0, Alonso 1
Had teamate purposely crash for him - Michael 0, Alonso 1
Old 05-18-2010, 05:48 AM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Finally got a chance to watch the race. Here's the stuff I found interesting (translation - fuel for the fire).

1. I never accused him of being talentless, but Webber has ascended to another league the last two races, and I'm not sure if it's his personal performances, Vettel falling off the pace, or a combination of the two. Either way, congratulations "mate," you're going to possibly prove me wrong as to which RB driver is going to win the championship this year. On a related note, it sounds like Raikkonen may not be returning with Team Energy Drink after all.

2. Excellent drive by Kubica. I don't think the Renault is as big of a POS as everything may have originally thought, but he's besting Mclaren and Ferrari at a track (and I'll say it again) that is more likely to reward driver talent than others. I don't know how hard it would have been to get a good start from that side of the grid, but that would have been nice to see a battle between the Renault and the RB (in that running order).

3. Watching the Evil Empire unravel without Darth Dennis is pretty amusing. Last year, I believe without his obsessionate nature they made more progress than they would have with him at the helm, but it's stuff like today's faux pas that make me think Mclaren may not be as worthy an opponent in the future as they have been in the past. On a related note, has anyone noticed that when Mclaren or Ferrari go to build a road car, their F1 performance suffers? The MP4-7 was a POS and it was the first year since 88 that Gordon Murray wasn't designing the Formula 1 car. He was too busy with the street car project.

4. Lewis Hamilton needs to STFU. Seriously. He's pissed because he doesn't have the best car and because of various circumstances his team mate is beating him. No Papa Ron to help him out.

And he's not getting the better updates this year either.

Take notes, Lewis. Your team mate handled things brilliantly.

5. Hats off to Alonso and/or Ferrari for a brilliant strategy call. Just like I said of Button, if you don't have the best car out there, you've got to figure out ways to maximize the number of points you can score. Fernando has been a model team player this year, which is to his credit considering his previous history. Hats off. That said, he's already made more mistakes this year than he has in some of his previous seasons. Alonso and Ferrari fans, let's hope this comes to an end. He's STILL 3rd in the championship...unbelievable. Respectable performance from Massa.

6. Schumacher's move was illegal. No two ways about it. You can't pass a car on the final lap if that final lap begins with a safety car. There's a specific rule about it. Honestly, I doubt Michael knew that because it's not the kind of thing that happens often so in my opinion the punishment is a bit harsh. Dropping him back to 7th is a respectable move. Way to go, Damon. Good to see that he was able to best his teammate in the same car in which he was previously being beaten.

7. Rubens, what in the holy f**king hell are you doing? Sure, you're an emotional guy, everyone knows that, but emotion often lends itself to irrationality and stupidity. Talk about throwing your toys out of the sandbox...

Turkey's next, another RB front row and victory. Webber of Vettel?
Old 05-18-2010, 09:30 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
MJ,

Getting back to your comment about Alonso being the perfect team player...
I never said that.

You are correct that so far, he has said everything right
That's my point. That as of joining the Scuderia he seems to be a team player.

...as a life long Ferrari fan, I'm waiting for the hammer to drop from Alonso. I don't feel safe or happy with him around the team.
It's a no win situation...

This is straight from Formula 1.com:

Mercedes GP’s Michael Schumacher has been penalised by the Monte Carlo race stewards for his overtaking manoeuvre on Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso in the dying moments of the Monaco Grand Prix.

Schumacher was handed a drive-through penalty, which is converted after the race into a 20-second time penalty, dropping him from sixth to 12th in the results.

Schumacher passed Alonso just as the safety car pulled in at the end of Lap 78. The FIA stewards, which included his old sparring partner Damon Hill, have deemed the German breached Article 40.13 of the Sporting Regulations, which states that “if the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking."

However because I think the track marshalls screwed up and waived the green, Schumi shouldn't be assessed a 20 second penalty, but rather he should just have to give up the position and go back to 7th, just mho.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:33 AM
WHB Porsche
I'm Still Jenny
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
However because I think the track marshalls screwed up and waived the green, Schumi shouldn't be assessed a 20 second penalty, but rather he should just have to give up the position and go back to 7th, just mho.
Agreed.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:04 AM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S

Michael has only been out-qualified and beaten by his teamate 16 times in his 255 race career (only 6.2% of the time). Can Fernando match that?.......No

Over their respective careers

Michael has won 36% of the time, Alonso 15%
Michael has taken poll 27% of the time, Alonso 12%
Michael was on the podium 60% of the time, Alonso 38%
Michael had the fastest lap 30% of the time, Alonso 11%

Do you think that MS legitimately outqualified his teammate every single time, or that he was favorited by the team? They had to collude to give him wins, why not collude to give him poles?
Old 05-18-2010, 11:43 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by D.Keshler
Do you think that MS legitimately outqualified his teammate every single time, or that he was favorited by the team? They had to collude to give him wins, why not collude to give him poles?
Both.

I think Michael earned a number one position at many of the teams that he drove at simply because he was better than his teamates. I think he is unquestionably one of F1's most dominating drivers and he earned that position. Were there times he got gifts?........absolutely. The most notable that comes to mind is the 2002 Austrian GP. However, if you honestly believe that this type of victory can explain the plurality of his wins I'd say you are sadly mistaken.

Finally, Alonso's stats also contain the same type of favoritism. Or, do you honestly believe that FA always got the same race and pit strategy as the likes of Giancarlo Fisichella or Nelson "I'll crash for you" Piquet?
Old 05-18-2010, 12:12 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No he can't , there is no RB, JT or a contract forbidding his teammates from everything .

Over their respective careers.....

Michael has won 36% of the time, Alonso 15% * Incorrect gifted
Michael has taken poll 27% of the time, Alonso 12% * Poll yes ! LOL
Michael was on the podium 60% of the time, Alonso 38% * Yes, Move over
Michael had the fastest lap 30% of the time, Alonso 11% *
You do realize alonso is half way thru and does not have the number of starts for this comparison el pichudo

You left out :

Michael has parked his car at monaco 1 Alonso 0
Michael has had all of his WDC points taken away for reprobate activity , MS 1 Alonso 1 .

Michael has hit 2 WDC out of the way to win championships MS- 2, FA -0
Michael had rules made to stop him from cheating MS -6 , FA -1
Michael was caught cheating 6 times ... FA-1
Michael has started last at monaco and pass FA -0, FA has pass MS - 1
Michael has been hated by all of his teammates , FA-0 ...
Michael has had cars built just for him in an attempt to beat his teammate , FA-0
Michael has had his teammates move over 66 times , Alonso 1

Prove it !

Both.

I think Michael earned a number one position at many of the teams that he drove at simply because he was better than his teamates. I think he is unquestionably one of F1's most dominating drivers and he earned that position. Were there times he got gifts?........absolutely. The most notable that comes to mind is the 2002 Austrian GP. However, if you honestly believe that this type of victory can explain the plurality of his wins I'd say you are sadly mistaken.

Finally, Alonso's stats also contain the same type of favoritism. Or, do you honestly believe that FA always got the same race and pit strategy as the likes of Giancarlo Fisichella or Nelson "I'll crash for you" Piquet?
With MS it is the logical move with FA it is favoritism . Utter crap Ray , why don't you put your cash on the table ...

Is Mercedes showing MS favoritism ? Is he faster than rosberg ?

Yep another that will only talk ....

Last edited by A.Wayne; 05-18-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:13 PM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Both.

That's why i'd say your comparison is unfair, they both received favoritism.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:45 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

How can a driver have the status #1 within the team and not receive 'favoritism' ?
Old 05-18-2010, 12:47 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Mercedes will not appeal Monaco penalty

I guess Mercedes dis-agree with Raylene and Petal ...

They tried a fast one and the penalty was not just . Schumacher should have been put back to his original position and then have the 20 second penalty applied in Turkey ....

By Jonathan Noble and A.Wayne Tuesday, May 18th 2010, 13:31 GMT

Michael Schumacher, Mercedes, Monaco GPMercedes GP has decided not to press ahead with its appeal against Michael Schumacher's 20-second penalty at the Monaco Grand Prix, after the FIA agreed to talks about tidying up the safety car regulations.

Schumacher tried to steal sixth place from Fernando Alonso at the final corner of the Monaco Grand Prix, shortly after the safety car had pulled into the pits at the end of the last lap.

full story : http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83721

Schumacher and Brawn's brilliance can clearly be seen in this thoughtfully calculated but fatal move as Schumacher converts 6th place into a 12 place finish ...Such brilliance from the 7 times WDC

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-01-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:54 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ltc
How can a driver have the status #1 within the team and not receive 'favoritism' ?
Why just ask Wayne. Alonso has never gotten favorite status, never had the better (latest) parts or had the preferred race strategy over any of his teammates.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:04 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Why just ask Wayne. Alonso has never gotten favorite status, never had the better (latest) parts or had the preferred race strategy over any of his teammates.
OK, I'm sure you have proof of me saying such .....

Well let me clear up the dis-information...

1. Alonso was obvious no1 at Renault , the only man in the history of Renault to give them a wdc , 2 to be exact , many great ones before him have tried and failed .

2. Mclaren no favoritism here,exact opposite ..

3. Ferrari , i see no favoritism or No.1 status , i do see Ferrari starting to acknowledge Alonso's superior pace to Massa , I'm sure the ladies that felt Massa would have been faster , is coming to such conclusions themselves.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:18 PM
WHB Porsche
I'm Still Jenny
Rennlist Member

Holy carp, you're like a bunch of 8 year olds.

Schumacher cheated. Alonso cheated.

Schumacher was one of the greatest drivers ever. Alonso's legacy is yet to be written.

Schumacher is rather reserved. Alonso is a whiny little bitch.

Choose your poison.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by WHB Porsche
Schumacher is rather reserved. Alonso is a whiny little bitch.

Choose your poison.
Actually I prefer the attitudes of Kimi Raikkonen and James Hunt. Win on Sunday, party till Monday!

Quick Reply: 2010 Monaco Grand Prix