Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry i had to bail.
i need practice but will be back.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:34 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

The VWs are lots of fun........they even make me look like a decent driver.....

Thanks for hosting Gary...........
Old 02-25-2010, 11:50 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 166 Posts

Next race is Summit Point SHORT as Vito hates it... but it will keep everyone bunched up.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:52 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Short? What's missing?.....
Old 02-25-2010, 11:54 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I had to deal with kids as the wife's on call tonight so I couldn't sit and focus for more than a lap or two. I love racing the VW's. Forgiving and tight racing.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:12 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Short? What's missing?.....
Basically cuts the main straight in 1/2 with a tough T1 that dumps you out on the full tracks T3. Don't like it myself in the SRF's but with 8-10 guys in VW's it will be... interesting.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:53 AM
v-tach
Burning Brakes

snowed in big time..major snow in my area still goin.. u know what i say "let the races begin " -- come on garucchio --- hoook it up !
Old 02-26-2010, 09:54 AM
GaryM05
Advanced

Great race last night! After serving my black flag for jumping the start, I did everything I could to catch Gary R, but as usual he made no mistakes and won with a 20+ second margin. I wish somebody would tell him that if it feels easy, you're not going fast enough - maybe then, he'll start pushing it harder and make some mistakes to give the rest of us a chance!

Summit Short will be a great track, too - it eliminates most of the penalty from screwing up the final turn and the fast sweeper at 3, so the cars typically stay a little closer and the racing is better. I'm surprised that it never seems to make it into one of the official series, but I'm glad to see it on this schedule.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:58 AM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.

What happened to you Glen?
Sorry I had to bail out early. I have three daughters (youngest 3 months old, oldest 3 1/2 years old). Disappearing into my office to "play video games" doesn't always cut it with wifey. Anyway, the VW was awesome, and very cool that we all run with the same exact set-up. Those cars are extremely forgiving, even with off-track excursions. Why wouldn't they make those cars the rookie intro cars instead of the crappy solstices?
Old 02-26-2010, 10:49 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GaryM05
Great race last night! After serving my black flag for jumping the start, I did everything I could to catch Gary R, but as usual he made no mistakes and won with a 20+ second margin. I wish somebody would tell him that if it feels easy, you're not going fast enough - maybe then, he'll start pushing it harder and make some mistakes to give the rest of us a chance!

Summit Short will be a great track, too - it eliminates most of the penalty from screwing up the final turn and the fast sweeper at 3, so the cars typically stay a little closer and the racing is better. I'm surprised that it never seems to make it into one of the official series, but I'm glad to see it on this schedule.
Yeah, i'm a regular Shumi out there! I most likely did 3 perfect laps (out of 20), watch the video if you saved it (I forgot to) and you will see I was bouncing and sliding all over the place. I think these cars are my new favorite (of the slower type) because they can take a POUNDING and still run well. I would have loved to have seen my incident points, may have been a record high!

Vito - 1" on the ground here, snowing lightly, roads are just wet.. If you are around maybe we can hop into a Solstice or Legends race, the SRF is still at Loews which with ALL the great road tracks out there I can't figure out why...
Or you could host an open to all TDI race (no PW) at Limerock or Summit and see how many join up..

Glen - No worries, I was hoping doing the race a little later might help you and Joe. You need to explain to the wife that the lessons learned online make you safer on the track. She does want you safer on the track doesn't she?
Old 02-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I would have been there but a plethora of sick kids kept the wifey busy last night at work.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:30 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Agreed that he VW's are much better than the Solstice. Can't ride the curbs or drop a wheel in those things without getting out of shape, whereas the VW was taking a lot of abuse to the suspension. Although they do have their limits, as I proved twice on the first lap. I'll be back - to defend my position of having driven the fastest lap of the evening while qualifying (and then promptly falling back under the pressure of competition!). Just... can't... take... the pressure.... of leading the pack through the first lap.

BTW Gary, that was a nice maneuver to avoid me and still make the pit lane for your black flag
Thanks, it was fun.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:35 PM
tasracer
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tonite?
Old 02-28-2010, 10:03 PM
GaryM05
Advanced

Originally Posted by ervtx

BTW Gary, that was a nice maneuver to avoid me and still make the pit lane for your black flag
Thanks, it was fun.
LOL - thanks! That one definitely got my heart rate up - I briefly thought about going around for another lap when I saw you start to spin, but I wasn't sure how long I had to serve the black flag before being DQ'd, so I decided to go for it and see if I could make it work. Fortunately, you made your trajectory predictable, and I had just enough room to squeak around and into the pitlane!
Old 02-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tasracer
tonite?
No, may try and put the next TDI fest up Tuesday night, tomorrow I will be listening to David Murray explain why i'm slow..

VW TDI will be at Summit SHORT, feel free to practice!

Quick Reply: iRacing for Beginner's