Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

FN A
Old 10-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bobt993
Great Bob, you just called Sean a "God". Now he needs a bigger helmet.
Yes, but notice the small "g", to which he just graduated from just plain "od".
Old 10-23-2008, 09:25 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well...

The Prof is correct... of course, he being a guy who I might speculate has more laps there than all of us put together. The highest elevation in the sole is at least 30-40 yards from the turn in, and it is downhill from there. The biggest difference beween the two turns is the extreme positive exit camber of The Ninety. THAT is why it is so much faster.

In the old days, driving such as in the subject video - handled incorrectly at track out - often led to remarkably similar twirly skid marks and the same relative position into the inside Armco.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:43 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 726 Likes on 357 Posts

I know many of you know Mr. ..DMD much better than I, but after reading many of his odd posts, I think this one is a fairly responsible one. He posted a video, did a good job of catching the mistake and not hitting anything, and humbly asked what he did wrong.

VR gave an accurate assesment...

Then, in true RL form, it went way out into left field...

And I wasted all this time reading all these posts...

So, I'll have to inflict you all with my Agricultural experience: turn 1, VIR Club Race...
Attached Images  

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 10-23-2008, 10:25 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by naroescape
I know many of you know Mr. ..DMD much better than I, but after reading many of his odd posts, I think this one is a fairly responsible one. He posted a video, did a good job of catching the mistake and not hitting anything, and humbly asked what he did wrong.

VR gave an accurate assesment...

Then, in true RL form, it went way out into left field...

And I wasted all this time reading all these posts...

So, I'll have to inflict you all with my Agricultural experience: turn 1, VIR Club Race...
Bob......welcome to the Agricultural Club..........

And I thought I was the only non-pro. on RL......
Old 10-23-2008, 11:50 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 170 Posts

Holy Crap! I lost internet down in South Beach today and I come home to this!! Guys - coming from one who was there --- Paolo is fine. How many of us pushed instead of letting things flow? I totaled a car by overdriving and not knowing the true dynamics of my own car and luckily was able to learn from it. Give me a friggin break. He was trying to follow my line (which, for all the comments you can't really see due to the distance) and he almost lost it in T8. He DIDN'T lose it though did he! I slowed, we did another few laps and I congratulated him on DOING THE RIGHT THING when he knew the corner was burnt. We also had a good talk about what his (perceived by me) issues were after I followed him for a few laps and he obviously listened and moved forward. You guys spend way too much time trying to incinerate someone that you don't know because of the conclusions you draw on a fuggin INTERNET FORUM. Geoffrey, you are equally guilty. Paolo never spun (Where TF did THAT come from?) and he locked his right rear wheel ONCE entering T8 (Ummmm BFD!!) more than likely because I was pushing too hard. His other "OFF" was following ME over the curbing at T1. I ALWAYS fly up on that curbing and in a race (in D anyway - ask Sean) it's almost "the line'! So I guess it actually WAS all my fault...

Paolo - i'm behind you in this post but stop with the ones (you know) that are just tossed out to get a response.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:58 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

That will teach you to lose internet connection.
so...this is all your fault Gary.

I sometimes wonder how many labor hours this country loses because of Rennlist....
Old 10-24-2008, 12:00 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Blame the Hilton - Bently...
Old 10-24-2008, 12:05 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Ya know. you should be heading down to Carolinas for a Club Race next weekend.... just sayin.... wouldn't want to end your race season so early for you Northerners....
Old 10-24-2008, 12:54 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

I hear the Hairy Dog shop may have a representative down there..... ya'll better watch out cause he's no slouch.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:46 AM
breadmilkeat
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there's too early.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:38 AM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Holy Crap! I lost internet down in South Beach today and I come home to this!! Guys - coming from one who was there --- Paolo is fine. How many of us pushed instead of letting things flow? I totaled a car by overdriving and not knowing the true dynamics of my own car and luckily was able to learn from it. Give me a friggin break. He was trying to follow my line (which, for all the comments you can't really see due to the distance) and he almost lost it in T8. He DIDN'T lose it though did he! I slowed, we did another few laps and I congratulated him on DOING THE RIGHT THING when he knew the corner was burnt. We also had a good talk about what his (perceived by me) issues were after I followed him for a few laps and he obviously listened and moved forward. You guys spend way too much time trying to incinerate someone that you don't know because of the conclusions you draw on a fuggin INTERNET FORUM. Geoffrey, you are equally guilty. Paolo never spun (Where TF did THAT come from?) and he locked his right rear wheel ONCE entering T8 (Ummmm BFD!!) more than likely because I was pushing too hard. His other "OFF" was following ME over the curbing at T1. I ALWAYS fly up on that curbing and in a race (in D anyway - ask Sean) it's almost "the line'! So I guess it actually WAS all my fault...

Paolo - i'm behind you in this post but stop with the ones (you know) that are just tossed out to get a response.
Fair enough Gary.......I hope you enjoyed South Beach........
Old 10-24-2008, 10:16 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

Ya know, I was going to blame Gary R in the first place, but didn't want to sound negative, this being an internet forum...

(Do I need to put a smilie thingie here?)

Good advice at the end, Gary.

Quick Reply: I am changing profession.......