Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 GP Brasil de Fórmula 1

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 03:04 PM
Nano
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On Times UK, Ed Gorman talks about the "best Hamilton Moments of 2007".. some stuff he sees has positive, to me is 100% negative and Hamilton should hide (like comparing the crane story to schumacher determination...). Anyway... a few of the comments are hilarious.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle2709313.ece

Lewis Hamilton's greatest moments of 2007

My favourite moment: Ron Denis being fired
My second favourite moment: Lewis Hamilton being overtaken by fernando alonso and playing the fool trying to recover the position although nobody knows why - like in china- he drives recklessly when he has no need ( rookie, obviously)
My third favourite moment: fernando alonso almost bursting in laughs in the press conference after the last grand prix.
My fourth favourite moment: Ron Denis apologizing for having been pretty unfair with his driver number one and having a nervous break down facing a tv camera.

mario postigo, valencia, españa

----

1- The Hamilton's fight against their team-mate and McLaren in Hungary. A complete gentleman...
2- The Shanghai Gran Prix. A complete connection between Hamilton's ambition and McLaren strategy.
3- Interlagos. Many things to learn and many times to shut up.

Jose, London,

My personal hamilton best moment of 2007?

When Massa served him back for Monza at interlagos, but clean as a surgeon...

Last edited by Nano; 10-22-2007 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:51 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
...This is the best race I have seen in a long time, there wasn't a peaceful moment at all. Nico, Robert and Nick had me on the nerves at the risk of hitting each other, at letting Lewis move up 2 spots and win the Championship...
Oh man, could't agree more, and when Williams team radioed Nico to push and pass Kubica, I was screaming NO! Don't try anything, all three (Nico, Robert & Nick) just take it easy to the end. It was a great battle & driving but I didn't want to see it!

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
...Fernando showed that while not being the primary driver for McLaren, he matched his teammate in season points. Message to Ron Dennis: Lewis is good, Fernando is just better.

Felipe got his fast lap in his home turf taken away. Message to Felipe: You're good, Kimi is just better.
+1,
The size of Kimi's "attachemnts"... To do that (take the fastest lap away from Massa) when there was only few laps left & he only needed to take it easy until the end... Definately wanted to show & showed who's the boss.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:00 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by jmorris3
Does McLaren have to turn over all of their constructors trophies from each of the races it won to Ferrari? That would be a funny press conference...
Not sure, but they may lose their travel money by virtue of losing constructor points. 1 point earned = travel paid for by someone other than the team. Promoter, perhaps.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:04 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Finn, could you ask your F1 doll to wish for this:
1 Kimi continues to reign next year
2 Alonso goes to Renault and with Heikki they rebuild to real contender status
3 BMW also goes to real contender status with Nick leading the charge
4 Mac with Hamilton's input become part of the Japanese contigency, launguishing at the back of the field for many years....
Old 10-22-2007, 04:14 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M3Pete
Alonso will never be in the same league with MS. Let's move on, shall we.

The bottom line is you gave Kimi no chance in 2007 and now your licking his boots. That's a fact A. man. Love the signiture, perhaps your switching allegence to Kimi now that Alonso is over and unlikely to return to WC anytime soon. Front runner...

Alonso, Hamilton, Ron Dennis and the entire McLaren organization are snakes in a snake pit and I wish for them to stay together. I also wish that Dennis in his spite doesn't release Alonso and sits his *** down for a year. Alonso and Dennis are cut from the same cloth in their arrogance.

Hamilton began the year with humility and thought everything that he earned in the beginning was more than he could have expected. Unfortunately, he began to read his own press clippings and he too became arrogant and lost the endearing modesty that was so refreshing at the beginning. The moment he compared himself to Senna and Prost after the Japanese GP, karma struck him down like a bolt of lightning.

Trust me Wayne, it would be my worse nightmare if Alonso came to Ferrari. Thankfully, with Kimi getting this win, it decreased the chances of Alonso coming over in 2009. If Kimi wins again in '08 or comes close to doing so, you can forget about your boy coming to F as Kimi will be entrenched.

Still celebrating with the Asti Wayne, wish you were here,

Pete take your medication Kimi had no chance of winning the WDC until the last freaking Hr , Now he wins the WDC and i'm not suppose to acknowledge it, go take your meds

The Kid won , he was not my Horse , But he won , So i can congratulate, you should too,Stop being so bitter because Kimi got schumacher fired and really had no respect for him. Now go back and check after Hungary , I CLEARLY STATED I WOULD NOT LOSE ANY SLEEP IF KIMI WON , ANYBODY BUT LEWIS THE PRAT ............. So Pleaseeeee , i lost because of Massa not Fernanado ....

So now i acknowledge the new WDC , you should too....
Old 10-22-2007, 04:31 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Hamilton doesn't want a title won in appeal

By Alan Baldwin Monday, October 22nd 2007, 18:49 GMT

McLaren's Lewis Hamilton said on Monday he wanted to win the Formula One title on the racetrack, not weeks later on appeal.

"It would be wrong," said the 22-year-old Briton, still suffering the effects of a heavy night out after letting the title slip from his grasp by one point in Sunday's season-ending race in Brazil.

"For me, I want to win it on the track," he told reporters in his hotel room. "You want to do it in style, you want to win the race, you want to win battling it out for the lead or something in the race.

"Being promoted after some people have been thrown out is not the way I want to do it."

The rookie lost out to Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen after finishing seventh on a nightmare afternoon at Interlagos.

Raikkonen won the race but the Finn's first title was overshadowed by a stewards' enquiry into the three cars that finished ahead of Hamilton.

McLaren have said they intend to appeal against the stewards' subsequent decision not to penalise Williams' Nico Rosberg and BMW Sauber's Nick Heidfeld and Robert Kubica for fuel temperature irregularities.

The aim would be to lift Hamilton above them in the classification, securing the points he needs to become champion instead.

The Briton, winner of four races in a sensational debut season, said he would feel uncomfortable with that.

"It would feel weird after Kimi did such a fantastic job in the last two races," he said.

"He won yesterday and to have it taken away is a bit cruel and probably not good for the sport."

Hamilton, who had led teammate and double world champion Fernando Alonso by four points and Raikkonen by seven before Interlagos, paid tribute to his team and supporters.

"Last night was good and (team boss) Ron (Dennis) did a speech and we had a great evening and just sort of rounded up the whole year," he said.

"It has been a phenomenal year and the support from the team makes it just a real pleasure for me to be a part of the team.

"I'm extremely proud of them and extremely proud of my family and everyone that's just supported me to get me where I am today.

"Later on in the evening yesterday I felt it (the defeat) more for sure, it's tough on everyone but there's always another year," said Hamilton.

"I'm only 22, there's going to be plenty more opportunities for me to win the world championship and I have no doubt that we can do that in the future."
Attached Images  
Old 10-22-2007, 05:01 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mitch236
Finn, could you ask your F1 doll to wish for this:
1 Kimi continues to reign next year
2 Alonso goes to Renault and with Heikki they rebuild to real contender status
3 BMW also goes to real contender status with Nick leading the charge
4 Mac with Hamilton's input become part of the Japanese contigency, launguishing at the back of the field for many years....
10-4.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:30 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
"It would be wrong," said the 22-year-old Briton, still suffering the effects of a heavy night out after letting the title slip from his grasp by one point in Sunday's season-ending race in Brazil.

"For me, I want to win it on the track," he told reporters in his hotel room. "You want to do it in style, you want to win the race, you want to win battling it out for the lead or something in the race.

"Being promoted after some people have been thrown out is not the way I want to do it."
I think he may have gained a little respect for saying that. What would really show some class would be to refuse the WDC if this appeal works. RD should give it up. He has lost a great deal of respect so far and this will just keep the wound open longer.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:36 PM
Jims5543
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
The size of Kimi's "attachemnts"... To do that (take the fastest lap away from Massa) when there was only few laps left & he only needed to take it easy until the end... Definately wanted to show & showed who's the boss.
I saved the live timing screen at the end of the race it told a tale.

After Kimi's fast lap, Massa fell back and tried to reset the fast lap on the last lap.

He went purple in the 1st sector, Green in the second and then lost it in the last sector for some reason.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:09 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,429 Likes on 2,039 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Pete take your medication Kimi had no chance of winning the WDC until the last freaking Hr , Now he wins the WDC and i'm not suppose to acknowledge it, go take your meds

The Kid won , he was not my Horse , But he won , So i can congratulate, you should too,Stop being so bitter because Kimi got schumacher fired and really had no respect for him. Now go back and check after Hungary , I CLEARLY STATED I WOULD NOT LOSE ANY SLEEP IF KIMI WON , ANYBODY BUT LEWIS THE PRAT ............. So Pleaseeeee , i lost because of Massa not Fernanado ....

So now i acknowledge the new WDC , you should too....
How old are you Wayne, because your memory does not serve you correctly.

First off, Monti fired MS, not Kimi. Kimi filled the seat. Big difference big boy.

Go read my posts from prior to winter testing 2007. I said it would take Kimi 1/2 season to get up to speed with the Ferrari and Bridgestone tires. Kimi started to come on just prior to mid season.

Go check Nano's post when he listed Kimi's average point score per race in the 1st half of the season vs. the 2nd half. Kimi averaged 8 points per race in the 2nd half of the season -- far and away the most of all 4 contenders. So how you can say Kimi didn't have a chance until the last hour?

Tell you what Wayne, the seasons over, go take a nap, go into hibernation or whatever else you do. We'll wake you up when Ron Dennis decides to release Alonso or not.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:10 PM
PeanutinCA
Pro

One quote to remember from Ron Dennis.... while "they were not racing Kimi, but instead racing Fernando", they forgot to keep one eye on Kimi, who snuck through the door at the last minute. DOH!!
Old 10-22-2007, 07:00 PM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lewis Hamilton has admitted that his bid for this year's Formula One Championship seemingly came to an end during the last race of the season following a moment of human error.

"My finger slipped on the steering wheel and I accidentally pressed the button used for the starting sequence," Hamilton confided several hours after the event, according to Montreal's French-language daily newspaper La Presse.

That error cut power to his McLaren for an interminable minute, dropping him down to 18th place as the Brazilian Grand Prix entered its eighth lap on the Interlagos circuit.

"The car went into neutral and I had to reinitialize the system, that is, reload the gearbox management program," he explained. The onboard camera recorded images of Hamilton pressing several buttons on his steering wheel while other drivers sped by.

Once his McLaren car was back up to speed, Hamilton would afterwards work his way back up to seventh place, two positions away from the necessary number of points that would have allowed him to be the first rookie World Champion.
Cliquez ici...

However, his title chances might not yet be over: the McLaren team has announced it will appeal the stewards' decision not to sanction the BMW Sauber and Williams teams for possibly using 'cool fuel' during the Brazilian GP, claiming that precise information was not available.

If the FIA's Court of Appeal were to overturn the decision and sanction both teams with exclusion, that would remove drivers Nico Rosberg, Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld from the rankings and allow Lewis Hamilton to jump from seventh to fourth position in the race's final standings - thereby giving him enough points to become the 2007 World Champion.

While McLaren have declared their motive is to support their drivers' best interests, Hamilton himself does not at all feel comfortable with the procedure.

"Being promoted after some people have been thrown out is not the way I want to do it," he told Reuters.

His thoughts also went to Ferrari driver and provisional title holder Kimi Raikkonen: "To have it taken away is a bit cruel and probably not good for the sport."
Old 10-22-2007, 07:21 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,429 Likes on 2,039 Posts

Originally Posted by jmorris3
Does McLaren have to turn over all of their constructors trophies from each of the races it won to Ferrari? That would be a funny press conference...

Was it you that just started following F1 after being a NASCAR fan for years? If so, what are your impressions, now that the year is over (pending appeal of course).
Old 10-22-2007, 07:48 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by schwank
Lewis Hamilton has admitted that his bid for this year's Formula One Championship seemingly came to an end during the last race of the season following a moment of human error.

"My finger slipped on the steering wheel and I accidentally pressed the button used for the starting sequence," Hamilton confided several hours after the event, according to Montreal's French-language daily newspaper La Presse.

That error cut power to his McLaren for an interminable minute, dropping him down to 18th place as the Brazilian Grand Prix entered its eighth lap on the Interlagos circuit.

"The car went into neutral and I had to reinitialize the system, that is, reload the gearbox management program," he explained. The onboard camera recorded images of Hamilton pressing several buttons on his steering wheel while other drivers sped by.

Once his McLaren car was back up to speed, Hamilton would afterwards work his way back up to seventh place, two positions away from the necessary number of points that would have allowed him to be the first rookie World Champion.
Cliquez ici...
Finn and sungho can back me on this...right after it happened I said he (accidently) did it himself...human error my *** more like complete breakdown!

Poor kid now he has all winter to think how HE threw away the WDC!
Old 10-22-2007, 07:55 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M3Pete
How old are you Wayne, because your memory does not serve you correctly.

First off, Monti fired MS, not Kimi. Kimi filled the seat. Big difference big boy.

Go read my posts from prior to winter testing 2007. I said it would take Kimi 1/2 season to get up to speed with the Ferrari and Bridgestone tires. Kimi started to come on just prior to mid season.

Go check Nano's post when he listed Kimi's average point score per race in the 1st half of the season vs. the 2nd half. Kimi averaged 8 points per race in the 2nd half of the season -- far and away the most of all 4 contenders. So how you can say Kimi didn't have a chance until the last hour?
Pete you are crazy, this is insane , what arewe arguing about ? was Kimi the favorite for the WDC going into brazil , NO , He qualy 3rd and had a 7 point deficit , yeah i see it now , i bet you had a thousand bucks on Kimi before the start :Pete , i'm sure Hammy and Alonso did'nt stand a chance I mean 2nd place qualy Hammy for sure was going to finish outside of the top 6 , i mean this was obvious before the race , i see your wisdom , your depth , your insanity ...

This is insane .....

Kimi won the WDC, after Friggin Hamilton threw it away ......another thing he now has with schumacher ......

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-23-2007 at 01:06 AM.

Quick Reply: 2007 GP Brasil de Fórmula 1