2007 GP Brasil de Fórmula 1

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 04:12 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by M3Pete

Do you honestly think Hamilton respected Alonso? Sure didn't look like it.
When was this , before or after he Blew his championship

You might be right , he will never have the same level of respect for FA like what Kimi has for the 7 WDC Schuey ....

MS: Kimi you cannot drive with like that , here give that to me ,

KR: Touch my Bottle again and i will kill you ...

MS: Kimi you need to be more technical than this

KR: I'm technical , i never drink before 7am.....

MS: You have to be serious to win a WDC kimi, you cannot do this drunk

KR: HA, Look Michael you know i have a lot of respect for you and your contract , but this Ferrari as was yours is so superior i could give Mclaren a 5000 page Ferrari Dossier, sit out a few races , let Fellipe, Hamilton and Alonso think they can win, fall 30 points behind and still win a WDC while drunk , Top that Biatccch,,,, Ohhh, excuse me, that's right you don't work here anymore , Security
Old 10-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL Nano & Wayne! But Nano that wouldn't work, it's Absolut bottle (Swedish Vodka for heaven's sake!), it needs to be a Finlandia bottle and then you see Kimi go!

Team orders... OK you guys comparing Schumi & Kimi's team orders.

When there are team orders at the point when other driver has no chance anymore, it makes perfect sense, has happened always and will happen in the future. This is expected and makes perfect sense, any team would do it.

However, when there are team orders from the first race on, and during the season when both drivers still have chance of winning the title, it is wrong. Just one example, when Barichello in a fifth race of the season had to move over in Schumi when leading the race.

This year in Istanbul Massa won when Kimi was behind him in second, was there team orders to let Kimi go like there was in Spielberg, 2002 Season's FIFTH race?
No, there actually was a team order for Kimi NOT to challenge Massa.

That's the difference and that's why people are not complaining.

But enough of this nonsense, if you don't see the difference, then you'll never see it.

Give Kimi some credit, if you look back this season what he did, he did pretty damn good!
Even yesterday the Speed commentators were mainly talking about how great Hamilton was, basically saying nothing about Kimi. I'm ****ing sick and tired of that "Hamilton Fan Club" they have going on. Kimi out drove Hamilton who screwed up his Championship by making huge driving mistakes! Understandable since he is a rookie but mistakes are mistakes and if you make them, you're not doing that well.

In a nutshell, Kimi Raikkonen's 2007 Championship season:

Ferrari had not won drivers Championship during the two previous season with "god" Schumacher as their No. 1 driver, Kimi came in with plenty of pressure to do well and succeed.
I'm not sure everyone expected him to win the WDC in first season since Ferrari could not do that with Schumi during the past two season, Ross Brawn was out and basically Rory Byrne also which meant there was lot of changes in top, very important position which mean Kimi job would not be as "easy" as it would be with those two F1 geniuses helping him.

He struggled with the car that didn't handle the way he wanted, all while his team mate who was used to the car was doing well and giving him "problems", couple of technical DNF's meant the job again was very hard and looked like the Championship would be too far.

And with McLaren back in form with two, not only one great driver taking away points, job was never going to be easy.

But Kimi never gave up and drove unbelievably well during the latter part of the season, finally edging Massa and winning the Championship!

And the ***** on this guy... He's leading the race comfortably, Alonso is like two minutes behind, all he has to do is finish and win the race, drive safely to the finish line and that's it.
But what does he do? Few laps before the end, he "answers" to Massa's fastest lap (no doubt that was Massa was trying to "say" something) by doing the fastest lap! Making a big friggin' exclamation point and showing who's the boss and fastest driver at Ferrari!

Kimi is 2007 World Champion and he did it in a non Championship winning car!
(McLaren lost their points but they would've won the Constructor's Championship. This is an achievement that i.e. Schumi only did once in his career)

Last edited by Flying Finn; 10-22-2007 at 12:26 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:09 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

This had to be one of the most exciting races in a while. Hopefully, Mr Windsor will get his lips off of Hamilton's butt now. I am so sick of the Hamilton F1 show. Did you notice that when Kimi got the checkers, the cameras were on Hamilton? What a joke! If they turn this WDC to Hamilton, I don't know if I can watch any more (well, I probably will).

Congrats to Finn. He got his wishes granted twice! Why don't you (Finn) wish that we all win the Lotto?!?
Old 10-22-2007, 10:16 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
LOL Nano & Wayne! But Nano that wouldn't work, it's Absolut bottle (Swedish Vodka for heaven's sake!), it needs to be a Finlandia bottle and then you see Kimi go!

Team orders... OK you guys comparing Schumi & Kimi's team orders.

When there are team orders at the point when other driver has no chance anymore, it makes perfect sense, has happened always and will happen in the future. This is expected and makes perfect sense, any team would do it.

However, when there are team orders from the first race on, and during the season when both drivers still have chance of winning the title (and actually both still ahead of others), it is wrong. Just one example, when Barichello during the mid-season had to move over in Schumi when leading the race.

This year in Istanbul Massa won when Kimi was behind him in second, was there team orders to let Kimi go like there was in Nurburgring?
No, there actually was a team order for Kimi NOT to challenge Massa.

That's the difference and that's why people are not complaining.

But enough of this nonsense, if you don't see the difference, then you'll never see it.

Give Kimi some credit, if you look back this season what he did, he did pretty damn good!
Even yesterday the Speed commentators were mainly talking about how great Hamilton was, basically saying nothing about Kimi. I'm ****ing sick and tired of that "Hamilton Fan Club" they have going on. Kimi out drove Hamilton who screwed up his Championship by making huge driving mistakes! Understandable since he is a rookie but mistakes are mistakes and if you make them, you're not doing that well.

In a nutshell, Kimi Raikkonen's 2007 Championship season:

Ferrari had not won drivers Championship during the two previous season with "god" Schumacher as their No. 1 driver, Kimi came in with plenty of pressure to do well and succeed.
I'm not sure everyone expected him to win the WDC in first season since Ferrari could not do that with Schumi during the past two season, Ross Brawn was out and basically Rory Byrne also which meant there was lot of changes in top, very important position which mean Kimi job would not be as "easy" as it would be with those two F1 geniuses helping him.

He struggled with the car that didn't handle the way he wanted, all while his team mate who was used to the car was doing well and giving him "problems", couple of technical DNF's meant the job again was very hard and looked like the Championship would be too far.

And with McLaren back in form with two, not only one great driver taking away points, job was never going to be easy.

But Kimi never gave up and drove unbelievably well during the latter part of the season, finally edging Massa and winning the Championship!

And the ***** on this guy... He's leading the race comfortably, Alonso is like two minutes behind, all he has to do is finish and win the race, drive safely to the finish line and that's it.
But what does he do? Few laps before the end, he "answers" to Massa's fastest lap (no doubt that was Massa was trying to "say" something) by doing the fastest lap! Making a big friggin' exclamation point and showing who's the boss and fastest driver at Ferrari!

Kimi is 2007 World Champion and he did it in a non Championship winning car!
(McLaren lost their points but they would've won the Constructor's Championship. This is an achievement that i.e. Schumi only did once in his career)

Congrats , Finn,

Fastest Driver @ Ferrari , Hey , you must still be drunk so i will let it pass ....
Old 10-22-2007, 10:19 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mitch236
...Congrats to Finn. He got his wishes granted twice! Why don't you (Finn) wish that we all win the Lotto?!?
Yep, my voodoo doll worked perfectly! It didn't do actually what I wished for but the result was exactly as I wished so I can't complain. Unfortunately it doesn't work for other things, it's a F1 voodoo doll...

...Quali otherwise business as usual, look like Hamilton was the lightest, I hope so & also that he has a problem (finally!) tomorrow. i know it won't happen but you can dream anyway...
...OK, and for Brazil, it's little early but I will repeat after the quali:

I hope Hamilton & Alonso collide with each other (finally!) and Kimi wins at Brazil. i know it won't happen but you can dream anyway...
Old 10-22-2007, 10:22 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Alonso hopes appeal is unsuccessful

By Pablo Elizalde and Matt Beer Monday, October 22nd 2007, 09:20 GMT

Fernando Alonso believes it would be bad for Formula One if Lewis Hamilton was handed the world championship title via a court of appeal ruling.

The outcome of the 2007 championship remains in doubt after McLaren informed the FIA that they would appeal against the race stewards' decision not to penalise Williams' Nico Rosberg and the BMWs in Brazil.

The three drivers finished ahead of Hamilton in fourth, fifth and sixth, but were the subject of a post-race investigation over the temperatures of fuel samples taken from their cars. The officials decided it could not be proved that the fuel had been below the temperature permitted under the regulations and that no action should therefore be taken.

But if McLaren's appeal is successful and the three drivers are penalised, Hamilton could gain enough points to take the world title away from Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen.

Alonso reckons such a situation could have dire consequences for F1's reputation.

"It would be a joke, and we've had too many already," he told Spanish radio station Cadena Ser. "If something like that happened, it would end up burying the sport."

The former champion could only finish a distant third in the Brazilian Grand Prix, and ended the season third in the standings.

He reiterated his belief that McLaren could have been more supportive of his title bid.

"It doesn't seem like the season has been managed very well," Alonso said.

"The result speaks for itself. McLaren lost the championship probably because of some of the decisions they took, especially in the second half of the season. It's no secret that they haven't helped me a lot.

"What my team boss stated in China, saying that they weren't racing against Raikkonen but against me, was a declaration of intent. So McLaren did their part in losing the title, but also Ferrari did a better job than the rest.

"In the last races both my hands and feet have been tied. I didn't have any power. I had to do it all the way they said and that made it harder to close the gap."

But despite his continued criticisms of the team, Alonso denied that he had resolved to leave McLaren, and played down suggestions that he was set for a return to former team Renault.

"I know there are rumours, but I haven't talked to any other team and that's the reality," he insisted.

"If I don't stay at McLaren, I can't say Renault is my first option."
Old 10-22-2007, 10:23 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Congrats , Finn,

Fastest Driver @ Ferrari , Hey , you must still be drunk so i will let it pass ....
Wayne, you are gonna have such a hard time at Daytona when you hand me the Vodka you lost.
But to help you little, I'll share the bottle with you, I'm in too good of a mood for not to do so.

P.S. I already printed the "whiny bitches' club" t-shirt with Alonso & Massa's photos printed on the back but I can still add your photo in the middle if you don't stop that moaning...
Old 10-22-2007, 10:37 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

P.S. I already printed the "whiny bitches' club" t-shirt with Alonso & Massa's photos printed on the back but I can still add your photo in the middle if you don't stop that moaning...
I don't think Massa is a whiner. Remember, he had to concede the win in his home GP for the team. Of course he is sad. But I'm sure that will be the last you hear of it. However, I'm sure RD will continue to whine until his boy Hammy wins WDC!
Old 10-22-2007, 10:40 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Spanish Press " sweet Defeat "

Spain's press on Monday called Ferrari driver Kimi Raikkonen's Formula One title win a 'sweet defeat' for Lewis Hamilton, team-mate and bitter rival of Spanish driver Fernando Alonso.

"Sweet Defeat," sports daily AS said on its front page below a photo of double world champion Alonso holding a large champagne bottle after finishing third following Sunday's season-ending Brazilian Grand Prix.

Hamilton, who the Spanish media has accused of being favoured by McLaren over Alonso, finished seventh after leading the championship for six months.

The newspaper added on its front page headline that McLaren chief Ron Dennis 'made Raikkonen the champion of the world.'

'Neither Hamilton, nor Alonso: the title went to Raikkonen and Ferrari,' rival sports newspaper Marca said on its front page which featured a picture of a dejected-looking Hamilton looking at the ground after the race.

'Dennis gave away the title by favouring Hamilton who did not handle the pressure,' the newspaper said.
Cliquez ici...

Alonso supporters who gathered in his hometown of Oviedo in northern Spain to watch the race on a giant outdoor screen celebrated Hamilton's loss, daily newspaper El Mundo reported.

Alonso is set to return to Renault for next year, the team that made him champion in 2005 and 2006, Spanish media have reported. However, the driver told a radio station on Sunday night that going back to the French team is not his 'first option.'

The McLaren Mercedes team said Sunday night it would appeal a stewards decision at the Brazilian Grand Prix, keeping alive Hamilton's F1 title dream.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:46 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Kimi, the 2007 WDC is the only just and worthy result on many levels. For F1, Kimi being WDC is a saving grace...the championship was still won by a team/driver that were not caught cheating, lying and stealing. I like Alonso as a driver and he was my second choice for winning the championship (just to throw it back into McLaren's faces), but as I said last week, if either McLaren driver won the title, it would've meant that the championship was tarnished. After all the McLaren drivers should've lost all their points along with the team's.

Karma being karma has dealt the cheating McLaren Team along with the lying Ron Dennis/Lewis Hamilton combo what they deserve. After all the "assistance" that Louise Hammy received throughout the year from the FIA (Nurburgring, Hungaroring, Japan and Brasil), it still came down to the driver and his skills or in this year's case, his inability to close the deal not once but twice and what I would call a complete breakdown by an inexperienced, young driver who unfortunately thought he was unsuseptable to errors. I'll give him (Hammy) the benefit of the doubt and call it inexperience, but I think it had more to do with ego and arrogance than the former.

McLaren (whom I've been a fan of since Senna drove for them) needs to re-think their position of not naming or having a number 1 driver. I can now say that this along with the team's inability to make quicker decisions on behalf or in benefit of it's drivers, has cost them 2-3 World Driving Championships. I truly believe that had the team made Alonso the No.1 he would be WDC!

The pre-season favorite is World Champion, after all no one expected McLaren to be as competitive as they were. Kimi struggled more than I had expected but in the end he finally did something he had never done before...no not only being World Champion, but more importantly driving smart and consistantly. How much of that was Kimi, how much of that was Ferrari...it doesn't matter Kimi is still the one in the cockpit making it happen. It's a bit ironic, he's arguably no longer the fastest driver on his team but he is the World Champion, something he deserves and has proven to be worthy of, so take notes Hamilton.

As for next year well that's still far away but I can't wait to see these cars without traction control and some other driver aides.

Go Kimi Go!!
Old 10-22-2007, 10:47 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,334 Likes on 1,973 Posts

Wayne,

Alonso will always have next year, and the year after and the year after...

Good luck with that
Old 10-22-2007, 10:52 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Actually the post MS era has been very exciting and should continue to be so. We have Kimi (WDC!), Massa (who if he remains consistant) can challange, Hamilton (who will definately be challanging), and maybe Alonso. Also BMW seems to be making real improvements and maybe Quick Nick can be in the hunt too! Next year should be a great one too!
Old 10-22-2007, 10:53 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mitch236
I don't think Massa is a whiner. Remember, he had to concede the win in his home GP for the team. Of course he is sad. But I'm sure that will be the last you hear of it. However, I'm sure RD will continue to whine until his boy Hammy wins WDC!
I agree and don't actually think Massa is a whiner but unfortunately I had to print his photo on the shirt since Wayne keep whining for him and I didn't want to be so rude and put Wayne's photo there.
But now it seems I might have to add Wayne there also...
Old 10-22-2007, 10:56 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

...P.S. I already printed the "whiny bitches' club" t-shirt with Alonso & Massa's photos printed on the back but I can still add your photo in the middle if you don't stop that moaning...
Actually Alonso, for once, is not whining, he's taking it like a man. I believe his congratulations to Kimi was sincere and after all is said and done he knows that Kimi won it fair and square. Now you're shirt should have Ron and Louise's faces on it along with the Speed commentators coming out of Hammy's ***!!
Old 10-22-2007, 10:59 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,334 Likes on 1,973 Posts

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
Actually Alonso, for once, is not whining, he's taking it like a man. I believe his congratulations to Kimi was sincere and after all is said and done he knows that Kimi won it fair and square. Now you're shirt should have Ron and Louise's faces on it along with the Speed commentators coming out of Hammy's ***!!
How much of that is being happy that Hamilton didn't win, I'd say alot.

He just wants to stick it to the man. It doesn't matter now.

MCLAREN GOT EVERYTHING THEY DESERVED THIS YEAR. NO DRIVER'S TITLE, NO CONSTRUCTORS TITLE, FINED $100 MILLION DOLLARS AND NEXT YEAR THEY WILL BE AT THE END OF THE PIT LANE WITH LIMITIED GARAGE SPACES. THIS IS AN EMBARASSMENT FOR SUCH A TEAM AND THE BOARD SHOULD LOOK CLOSELY AT THE MAN AT THE TOP RUNNING THIS ORGANIZATION. SO SAD INDEED.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: 2007 GP Brasil de Fórmula 1