2007 GP Brasil de Fórmula 1

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 12:46 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Planet-f1,

Kimi Raikkonen landed at Zurich airport in the afternoon. These are his first words as world champion back in Europe: "I am so happy it almost hurts! This is like a dream come true."

"This is something I wanted to reach since I've been a child. I was seven years old when I first saw a race track: it was an old, small kart circuit called Bembole; just five kilometres from where I lived. It was like a second home for me. Now, 22 years later, I have many favourite race tracks, but the most important one is Interlagos, more than 5,000 kilometres away from home!"

"I've always said that the aim of my career is to become world champion. I came very close a couple of times and in the end everything turned out fine. We have always given our best to try to win. Doing that in sport you have to always push to the max until the end. You never know what may happen in a race; you only have to look at the last three races and you know what I'm talking about. Fuji was really terrible for us: we were at the back of the pack and our race was over almost immediately."

"We left Japan and were 17 points behind, without the possibility to fight back. I think I can say that not more than ten people outside of the team would have bet on us. But we didn't give up. In a certain sense we believe in miracles. China was our joker: we won and the driver on the top of the standings didn't make any points. That gave us some hope, but there weren't many chances for us left. The last race was really emotional.
Cliquez ici...
The first four drivers in the field didn't retire, but there was a tough fight for positions between us and our competitors. Maybe I had the best start of the season and maybe I could have passed also Felipe at the first corner, but I had a plan and it didn't involve a fight with my teammate. I could see in my mirrors that Hamilton was next to Alonso in turn 3 and that he had a problem. I realized that we had the chance we had hoped for: this first lap seemed to be decisive for the whole championship."

"It was a great race and I think that I've never experienced such emotions in the cockpit. Everything worked perfectly fine. It was like a birthday present from heaven! We could have had more pace and I want to thank Felipe again for his support: he did what he could do, just like a perfect teammate. As a team we couldn't do more than a double-win, but when I had crossed the line the most important thing to know was what Hamilton had done. I asked for information over the radio but there was just silence for a couple of seconds: finally Chris told me that he came in seventh and my heart nearly went into flames due to happiness! This is it: now we're world champions!"
Thats alot of info from him, with emotive phrases, etc. I temporarily retract my statements regarding this interesting man.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:53 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Finn,
It's been 3 days and you are still emotional, i'm now very fearful of Daytona
Wayne,

After all the bashing & bad mouthing how Massa will beat Kimi etc. I got from, from the moment you lost our bet and Kimi beat Massa, you should've been fearful of Daytona.

After all the "Kimi can't deliver etc." I got from you, from the moment Kimi won the World Champions, you should be very, very, VERY fearful of Daytona...
Old 10-24-2007, 12:55 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nano
I agree, disregard my colorful description of the events, that was just that... colorful. I have always sustained it was better to let the drivers race.

But then you apply the same "logic" in Brazil, and I don't see how the drivers can be penalized on a team mistake (that can't even be properly verifyied, and there is no way of knowing fuel temp as it enters the car.... but I'd like to know more about the fuel temp issue). One thing is being found guilty, one thing is losing points, and one thing is GAINING points from someone else's **** up. This to me is just ridiculous, If you think this is how Hamilton should GET points, then I sustain my idea it would have been better to just give a stop and go penalty to everyone in front of Hamilton in the middle of the race.

FIA always disrputs races, nothing new. I believe they failed the viewers more than once this year. But Mclarent isn't a victim of anyone but themseleves. I don't see them as victims, I actually pretty much blame everything on Mclaren.
This is what will happen: FIA will take points away from Rosberg, Kubica & Heidfeld but will not award Hamilton any more points.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Nano
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
This is what will happen: FIA will take points away from Rosberg, Kubica & Heidfeld but will not award Hamilton any more points.
If I understood right. From the explanation gathered here and there on how fuel temp are measured. No one will be penalized, and the rules will be made clearer on temperature sampling. There is really no way to know. What is ambient temp? The temp in the box? the temp from national forecast? the temp from the city meteo station? where do you sample fuel temp? in the box? as it enters the car? while it is in the tank?
Old 10-24-2007, 01:24 PM
Nano
Racer

Who won and lost in a saga of speed, spies and settling scores
Ed Gorman

Winners

Kimi Raikkonen

Ayrton Senna once said that every year in Formula One there is a winner but not always a champion. That would be unfair on Raikkonen but it is also true to say that he rose to the top at the death as much through the errors of others as through his raw genius. Is a Raikkonen era in Formula One about to begin? Possibly not. The Finn arguably lacks the all-round game to be a serial winner.

Lewis Hamilton

He slipped up at the last two fences having led the title race almost all year. But Hamilton is the most successful rookie in history by a country mile and he beat Alonso, his teammate and defending world champion. Hamilton has exceeded expectations and shown that he has all the qualities to be champion next year. The key questions are: will McLaren produce a competitive car for 2008 and how well will he do without Alonso as a teammate, should the Spaniard leave?

Felipe Massa

The sporting Brazilian led Raikkonen, his teammate, for much of the year but suffered bad luck with reliability and pit-lane errors. Exceptionally quick in qualifying, Massa could easily have emerged on top at Ferrari this season and has been justly rewarded with a contract until the end of 2010.

Bernie Ecclestone

The Formula One magnate with the Midas touch could hardly have dreamt up a more eye-catching show, which went right down to the wire in Brazil, the perfect place in terms of world time zones for the biggest global television audience. This season had it all; a new star in Hamilton, a “class A” scandal in the Ferrari-McLaren spy story and a nail-biter of a finish. Best of all for Ecclestone, it has left everyone eagerly awaiting next season.

Losers

Fernando Alonso

The former world champion had it on a plate at McLaren this season, a team who paid him handsomely for a chance to win a third consecutive championship. But he could not handle the fact that Hamilton was often quicker than him and being given an equal chance. Alonso is a charming individual who has let himself down with his intemperate conduct. He may pay a heavy price if he leaves and ends up in what could be an uncompetitive car at Renault.

Ron Dennis/McLaren

Dennis and his team have been embroiled in an embarrassing cheating saga with Ferrari that cost them a fortune. Dennis has once again failed the challenge of trying to manage two competitive drivers on an equal footing and McLaren’s errors played a critical role in depriving Hamilton, in particular, of an historic title through a tyre strategy error in China and a technical failure in Brazil. The team denied yesterday that Hamilton had caused the glitch in São Paulo by pressing the wrong button, saying it was most likely a hydraulic fault. No drivers’ title, no constructors’ title and one very miserable Iberian. Dennis’s annus horribilis.

The FIA

The governing body did well in the adjudication of the spy story, but there remained a widespread perception in the paddock of an undercurrent of personal scores being settled by Max Mosley, its president, whether this was the case or not. At several points in the season, the FIA seemed to be playing a bigger role in the outcome of the championship than its critics believe was warranted.

Jenson Button

Another miserable season for Britain’s big hope (before Hamilton, that is). Not really Button’s fault. Honda were woeful and are talking of a renaissance next year, but there is a big gap in performance to bridge and Button is running out of time.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:00 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

If I understood right. From the explanation gathered here and there on how fuel temp are measured. No one will be penalized, and the rules will be made clearer on temperature sampling. There is really no way to know. What is ambient temp? The temp in the box? the temp from national forecast? the temp from the city meteo station? where do you sample fuel temp? in the box? as it enters the car? while it is in the tank?
That was explained on SpeedTV. I don't remember exactly what the details are but it is very clear what "ambient" temp is. It is the ambient temp being stated in the official (I don't remember who keeps the info) release. That is the only temp that matters.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:27 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

True british tabloid crap,

Alonso 4 wins
Hamilton 4 wins

Alonso has more fastest laps and the same 109 points and was not helped by mclaren after Spa, His car was so slow at interlargos , they must have mixed diesel with gas during the pit stops ....

Brings us to kimi , He may think Kimi lacks alot of things ,but what he does not lack is a top team and the best car on the grid ( i told you so Finn ) Mclaren without alonso will be a non contender, next year. I expect to see a Ferrari as repeat WDC. not sure how their Teammate rules will pan out to see if it will be Kimi or MASSA , but one of them will be WDC next year , what matters is who get's backed by the team for the WDC.......

Open and shut case , it will not happen with Lewis in 08.......

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-24-2007 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:28 PM
Nano
Racer

Originally Posted by mitch236
That was explained on SpeedTV. I don't remember exactly what the details are but it is very clear what "ambient" temp is. It is the ambient temp being stated in the official (I don't remember who keeps the info) release. That is the only temp that matters.
Yes, from what I understood, I think the source of the FIA official "ambient" temperature is the french weather forecast or something. The stewards in brazil used the telemetry temperatures, which were/could be different at that precise moment. Plus, there is no precise way of knowing the exact temperature of the fuel going into the car. (we are talking about 1-2, 3 max I think, degrees off... not 20).

"Eddie Jordan told BBC's Radio Five Live that it is impossible to prove that the trio's fuel was too cold at the time that it entered their cars.

"I'm not sure you can do that unless you've got a very, very sophisticated special rigging system telling the telemetry as the fuel is going through the gantry into the car," he said.

"Clearly, if it was there and it was readily available, the stewards would have acted on that and it would have had an immediate effect with the cars being excluded," Jordan added."
Old 10-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Nano
Racer

....As guilty as Mclaren was , some , if not most will now see them as the victim........
Appeal makes McLaren 'worst losers' - report

Wednesday 24 Oktober at 14:30 : Europe's most widely circulated newspaper has slammed McLaren for appealing the outcome of the drivers' world championship.

"If McLaren succeed, they will deserve only one title: Worst Losers, 2007," the German language Bild-Zeitung proclaimed.

Team chiefs Martin Whitmarsh and Norbert Haug insisted on Tuesday that the appeal is not motivated by the desire to ****** away Kimi Raikkonen's crown, but rather to clarify the decision of the stewards at Interlagos over the 'cool fuel' issue.

http://www.dailyf1news.com/dailyf1ne...php?nwsID=3966
Old 10-24-2007, 03:31 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

"Eddie Jordan told BBC's Radio Five Live that it is impossible to prove that the trio's fuel was too cold at the time that it entered their cars."
Again, according to what I heard from the SpeedTV commentators is that there is a temp guage on the filling rig that records the fuel temp. This should be easy to prove what happened but I still doubt the FIA will change the WDC.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:28 PM
Nano
Racer

Well, I don't know, as I said my opinion is based on what little info there is around. I certainly would like the issue to be cleared, I'm quite curious. Was it deliberate? How do other teams deal with fuel? Is it just a logistic issue? Is the fuel sampling procedure proper? Etc... etc...

Still, IMHO, it does not warrant having the drivers penalized... and in the remote case it does... it should have no impact on Hamilton's performance and placement in Brazil.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

...Brings us to kimi , He may think Kimi lacks alot of things ,but what he does not lack is a top team and the best car on the grid ( i told you so Finn ) Mclaren without alonso will be a non contender, next year. I expect to see a Ferrari as repeat WDC. not sure how their Teammate rules will pan out to see if it will be Kimi or MASSA , but one of them will be WDC next year , what matters is who get's backed by the team for the WDC.......

Open and shut case , it will not happen with Lewis in 08.......
Wayne,

Based on how well you can predict F1, please please please at least don't predict that Kimi will win the 08 WDC, ok?

Just keep going with the: "Kimi sucks", "Massa rules", "Alonso is the best UPS driver", "Kovalainen sucks" etc. etc. please?
Old 10-24-2007, 05:06 PM
Nano
Racer

Wow,

Just read on the Gazzetta dello Sport, Montezemolo made some less-than-subbtle attacks against ecclestone and the FIA on the SpyGate story. Don't feel like translating, waiting for some english paper to do it for me. He basically said Ecclestone is an incompetent.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:11 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Wow,

Just read on the Gazzetta dello Sport, Montezemolo made some less-than-subbtle attacks against ecclestone and the FIA on the SpyGate story. Don't feel like translating, waiting for some english paper to do it for me. He basically said Ecclestone is an incompetent, and caused most of the disgraces that happened this year (to F1, Ferrari, Mclaren, Alonso, Hamilton). Basically said he should keep his mouth shut more often.
I couldn't agree more!
Old 10-24-2007, 05:14 PM
Nano
Racer

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
I couldn't agree more!
Lol, there is a lot more to it, you will see when his statements are posted in english. If they aren't I will translate them. Funniest quote : "If Mclaren had won with a drugged horse, next year we would have raced with an 8liter engine, who cares, only the team would have been disqualified."

he also discussed some of the things you were harshly mentioning the other day, about the FIA making F1 into an hollywood show.

Quick Reply: 2007 GP Brasil de Fórmula 1