2007 GP Brasil de Fórmula 1

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 06:24 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Juan, Finn, I thought we where getting together to watch this last race, I guess we can Hash this out @ Daytona.......
When and where? I guess we'll do it over at Daytona like you say....

Look me up, I'll be at The 901 Shop's camp.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:57 PM
Nano
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Yes he did interfere with Kimi's lap , but it did not seem deliberate , he could have done better , by slowing more on the straight , in the end it is not LH's job to make it easy for Kimi.
Turn 4 at interlagos is the first corner after pitlane exit, if he knew Raikkonen was going to be there as he was told, the "clean" approach would have been to just exit slower. Obviously, the "dirty" approach was to get on the track as far as possible up before Raikkonen. Imho, it was 100% deliberate. First time I ever hear the vibrating mirrors excuse. I don't think it is penalty dirty, but dirty. Raikkonen didn't complain, had roles been inverted, I'm not so sure.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:47 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,568 Likes on 2,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Nano
Turn 4 at interlagos is the first corner after pitlane exit, if he knew Raikkonen was going to be there as he was told, the "clean" approach would have been to just exit slower. Obviously, the "dirty" approach was to get on the track as far as possible up before Raikkonen. Imho, it was 100% deliberate. First time I ever hear the vibrating mirrors excuse. I don't think it is penalty dirty, but dirty. Raikkonen didn't complain, had roles been inverted, I'm not so sure.
Can we all chip in and buy Hamilton a mirror with "Objects may be closer than they appear" for his car? He clearly impeded Raikkonen causing him to go wide, but the golden boy will have nothing done to him. Checking your mirrors coming out of the pits is elementary DE stuff, right Wayne?

Raikkonen isn't the type of personality to complain. I wish he had more fire in his belly.

I think they're going to pit like they qualified. Massa must have been on fumes on the cool down lap.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:30 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

The way I see it tomorrow:

Hamiton's ego and brashness get the better of him, Masa takes care of him in a profesional manner. Kimi wins and Alonso comes out clean (and laughs up his sleeve). McLaren dirty tactics fail again!

We can all dream!
Old 10-20-2007, 10:41 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Juan Lopez
When and where? I guess we'll do it over at Daytona like you say....

Look me up, I'll be at The 901 Shop's camp.
Yep!
Old 10-20-2007, 10:44 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nano

Yes it was , so welcome to the new Schumacher , with a better smile .
This is just the beginning , last year Alonso got a penalty for blocking Massa while leading him by 1/2 Km , Hamilton get's Zip ...., as Ferrari said , he is an untouchable ... THe new 07 WDC Louey Hamiltonnnnnnnnnn.......

Did anyone else see the look on Massa's face when Peter winsdor ask him would'nt it have been better if he had taken FA out when he was trying to pass him at the start , LOL, Massa said No, better for you maybe and walked off , He was upset about the comment ......
Old 10-21-2007, 12:28 AM
Nano
Racer

Fernando! Fernando!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x37...e-brasil_sport

http://timesonline.typepad.com/formu...y-its-goi.html
Old 10-21-2007, 12:37 AM
carreracup21
Three Wheelin'

Nice pole for Massa. Massa has certainly had his share of polls. By my count he has 6 (same as Hamilton) , compared with Kimi's 3. Alonso only ended up with 2. I wonder if Hamilton will have the poise to drive a conservative race tomorrow. If he tries to get aggressive with Massa at the start, it could get interesting, as Massa really has nothing to lose by playing tough. Not hard to imagine a little brake check action if he gets to close either.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:16 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

LOL,
Love the video , it is off the scale...
Old 10-21-2007, 10:32 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,568 Likes on 2,122 Posts

Originally Posted by carreracup21
Nice pole for Massa. Massa has certainly had his share of polls. By my count he has 6 (same as Hamilton) , compared with Kimi's 3. Alonso only ended up with 2. I wonder if Hamilton will have the poise to drive a conservative race tomorrow. If he tries to get aggressive with Massa at the start, it could get interesting, as Massa really has nothing to lose by playing tough. Not hard to imagine a little brake check action if he gets to close either.
Too bad for Massa and Hamilton they don't give points for qualifying

With declared race fuel loads during Q3, F1 qualifying times do not tell the whole story of true speed. Massa and Hamilton have preferred to run light during Q3 most of the year whereas Alonso (God help me, I can't believe I'm defending Alonso), and more so Kimi like to run heavy fuel loads and go deeper into the race before they pit.

I believe Kimi and Alonso will finish ahead of Hamilton, I just don't know the order. Hamilton still comes out ahead on points at the end of the day, however.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:23 AM
Sanjeevan
Three Wheelin'

Hope Hamilton will continue to teach the 'also drove' a good lesson today as well...what a classy, down to earth guy, ...he deserves this championship.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:48 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Title showdown: it comes down to this...

Kimi Raikkonen, Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso ,all have the ability to create these possibilities today, the first since Juan Manuel Fangio to win back-to-back titles in different teams. Or, the first rookie to win the world championship, or the first Ferrari championship in the post-Michael Schumacher era.

Whatever the outcome of today's season finale at Brazil, the 2007 season will go into the history books as a watershed year, packed with drama, triumphs and bitter agonies.

"It's been a great season for McLaren," team chief Ron Dennis, whose outfit after being involved with the biggest spy and fine case in F1 history could clinch their first drivers' championship since 1999, said at Interlagos.

"Things have happened this year that we're not happy with, but we've got competitive racing cars. Overall, I think it's been very positive I just hope there's no more controversy and we can have a good race.

"And then we start to focus on next year."

Before the season is officially over, though, here's a look at the progression of the title battle between the contenders in the first final race three-way showdown since 1986.

Australia

Kimi Raikkonen wins from pole position on his debut for Ferrari, McLaren's double world champion Fernando Alonso is second and Hamilton third on his race debut.
Mclaren goes on to protest that Kimi's ferrari is illegal, car is deemed so, Kimi and Ferrari points stay, but they are forced to change the car ...

Raikkonen 10 points, Alonso 8, Hamilton 6

Malaysia

Alonso chalks up his first win for McLaren, Hamilton secures the one-two and Raikkonen is third. Alonso regains the lead.

Alonso 18, Raikkonen 16, Hamilton 14

Bahrain

Brazilian Felipe Massa wins for Ferrari, Hamilton is second and Raikkonen third while Alonso comes in fifth. There is a three-way tie at the top.

Alonso 22, Raikkonen 22, Hamilton 22

Spain

Massa wins again while battling Alonso on the first lap , Hamilton secures second, while Alonso ends up third . Hamilton takes the lead. Raikkonen does not finish.

Hamilton 30, Alonso 28, Raikkonen 22

Monaco

Alonso reasserts himself and dominats the rookie a McLaren one-two, with Hamilton complaining ( whining ) about team orders, felt he is the second string driver. Raikkonen is eighth.

Alonso 38, Hamilton 38, Raikkonen 23

Canada

Hamilton takes the first win of his Formula One career while Alonso finishes seventh and Raikkonen fifth.

Hamilton 48, Alonso 40, Raikkonen 27

United States

Hamilton wins again from pole position, Alonso is second and complains about team order ( whining ) obviously has the pace on Hamilton but settles for second instead of risking an collision, Raikkonen fourth.

Hamilton 58, Alonso 48, Raikkonen 32

France

Raikkonen returns to winning form in a Ferrari one-two. Hamilton is a distant third , Alonso suffers Mclaren first mechanical issue ,finishes seventh.

Hamilton 64, Alonso 50, Raikkonen 42

Britain

Raikkonen makes it two in a row, Alonso beats Hamilton by over 33 seconds in front of the rookie's home crowd taking second , Hamilton 3rd.

Hamilton 70, Alonso 58, Raikkonen 52

Germany

Alonso wins after a fantastic battle with Massa, Hamilton fails to score points in what was a disastrous day for the rookie who finshes in ninth place and ends his run of nine races on the podium. Raikkonen retires.

Hamilton 70, Alonso 68, Raikkonen 52

Hungary

The big bust-up of the season, Lewis dis-obeys team orders that would allow Alonso thru in Q3 , this is followed up by pitlane antics that would see Alonso demoted from pole to fifth , The first sign of the FIA wand of protection for Hamilton . Hamilton wins, Raikkonen is second and Alonso fourth.

Hamilton 80, Alonso 73, Raikkonen 60

Turkey

Massa returns to winning form, Raikkonen is second and Alonso third. The rookie Hamilton is Fith , This is the first race Alonso announces he will not share his info with the rookie, Hamilton seems lost .

Hamilton 84, Alonso 79, Raikkonen 68

Italy

Alonso puts on a blistering performance to spear head a McLaren one-two.the rookie avoids any penalties again even after cutting the chicane to his eventually second place postion , Raikkonen is third.

Hamilton 92, Alonso 89, Raikkonen 74

Belgium

Raikkonen wins, Alonso is third and Hamilton fourth. Hamilton complains ( whine)
that he was unfairly driven into by Alonso at the start , later recants.....
Hamilton 97, Alonso 95, Raikkonen 84

Japan

Hamilton get's the miracle he needed , when Alonso crashes out, He also avoids any penalties again after creating what many considered as dangerous pace car situations ,goes on to chalk up his fourth win of the season in a hammer blow for Alonso, Raikkonen inherits third after Massa makes an emergency pit stop.

Hamilton 107, Alonso 95, Raikkonen 90

China

Alonso got the miracle he wanted, with rookie Hamilton skidding out into the kitty litter at the pit lane entrance , putting him in that exclusive club he now shares with David Coutlhard, Hamilton's tires where badly worn he seems to use them up at an alarming rate compared to his peers .......

Ham 107, Alonso 103, Kimi 100
. Raikkonen chalked up Ferrari's 200th Grand Prix win.Alonso Second Massa third
Brings us now to Brazil ....

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-21-2007 at 01:12 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:49 PM
Max Power
Racer

go Kimster!!!

anyone but Miss Alonso
Old 10-21-2007, 12:52 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh man... Now it starts! I think Kimi & Hamilton will collide giving Champ to Alonso...

However, I have to put this here... Voodoo....

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
...OK, and for Brazil, it's little early but I will repeat after the quali:

I hope Hamilton & Alonso collide with each other (finally!) and Kimi wins at Brazil. i know it won't happen but you can dream anyway...
Old 10-21-2007, 12:59 PM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Alonzo SUCKS..............he should be penalized for cutting across 2 lanes to block Hamilton!

Quick Reply: 2007 GP Brasil de Fórmula 1