2007 GP Brasil de Fórmula 1

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 11:02 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
...'Dennis gave away the title by favouring Hamilton who did not handle the pressure,' the newspaper said.
Cliquez ici...
+1

The McLaren Mercedes team said Sunday night it would appeal a stewards decision at the Brazilian Grand Prix, keeping alive Hamilton's F1 title dream.
Well people always want to blame other people for their **** ups! Their egos can't handle being beaten.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:06 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by M3Pete
How much of that is being happy that Hamilton didn't win, I'd say alot.

He just wants to stick it to the man. It doesn't matter now.
Agreed but still not whining.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
Actually Alonso, for once, is not whining, he's taking it like a man. I believe his congratulations to Kimi was sincere and after all is said and done he knows that Kimi won it fair and square. Now you're shirt should have Ron and Louise's faces on it along with the Speed commentators coming out of Hammy's ***!!
Yes, he is taking it like a man now but during the season...

But your idea is great! Why don't you print that for Daytona?
Old 10-22-2007, 11:27 AM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Kimi did a great job of just running races and doing well.

Alonso did too much whining and complaining. Hamilton cracked in the last two races as most rookies would do. Massa had an excelent race and possibly a winning car, but was never going to win unless Kimi was out or had the championship locked up in 2nd. Massa looked sad and frustrated, but it was of his own making. Early on he had a shot at that #1 spot, but inconsistancy cost him and forced him to be a supporter and #2 driver.

I think that Kimi winning this years is the best for the sport and also the best for Hamilton long term. Hamilton is an excellent driver and will win some WDC over his carrer. Probably best for him NOT to win it now. Now he can spend the off season thinking about his mistakes (China and Lap 1 Brazil) and realize that he needs to work even harder to win. A WDC will not be handed to him and will need to learn to take it. Hamiltion has talent, but still needs to mature.

Alonso is partially vindicated because his mistake was in Japan and could have been for many reasons. However in final last two races he did what he needed to do as best he could. He did not have the pace to catch the Ferraris, but still drove and got what points he could.

As for Kimi... He had tough year with many ups and downs, but pulled it off. It shows that the gap between winning and WDC and coming up sort is oh so small and even if you are "out" you need to stick with it and drive hard all the time. I think Ferrari did a great job to give him a fast and reliable car and Kimi used that to perfection.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:40 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by M758
Kimi did a great job of just running races and doing well.
<snip>
I think Ferrari did a great job to give him a fast and reliable car and Kimi used that to perfection.
Here Here!
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:51 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by M3Pete
Wayne,

Alonso will always have next year, and the year after and the year after...

Good luck with that

Pete,
It's amazing no matter what is being discussed you manage to pull this in Guess what ! , Alonso will be with you as your nightmare for a long time , His 2 WDC for a sorry *** operation like Renault is bigger than Schuey 2 for Benetton , it is now fitting for him to move on to ferrari for his other 5 WDC .....
So take your medication , share some with Pole , Schuey is not coming back , there are new guys on the block now , get over it ....
Old 10-22-2007, 11:53 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
I agree and don't actually think Massa is a whiner but unfortunately I had to print his photo on the shirt since Wayne keep whining for him and I didn't want to be so rude and put Wayne's photo there.
But now it seems I might have to add Wayne there also...

You left out RD, Pete and Pole position , i can vouch for both as top whiners.........

**** Hole of the year Award

MS: Here you go Ron,
Attached Images  
Old 10-22-2007, 12:07 PM
Nano
Racer

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
Well people always want to blame other people for their **** ups! Their egos can't handle being beaten.
INTERLAGOS (Bra), 22 october 2007 - "It's Internet's fault" Said Ron Dennis, the head of Mclaren-Mercedes has found the source of the bad relationship between Hamilton and Alonso, and indirectly, the silver arrow's flop. If there has been tension between the two drivers, it is the fault of baseless news that have been running rampant on the web. "I will keep saying it, Internet has ruined our lives, it is a source of information without control. I'm not criticizing all the media, but it's hard to live with such a situation: you lose too much time trying to deny all the false news and correct inaccuracies. All this in the end creates pressure on the team"... then Ron Dennis holds his horses: "with this I do not want to say pressure determined our problems in San Paolo. I think the team has done an excellent job with this all year."

Now the situation of Alonso remains. The Spaniard, still with a contract until the end of 2009, seems destined to leave the anglo-german team. "The issue, as we have always said, will be decided at the end of the season, we will discuss this in the next two weeks".
Old 10-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You left out RD, Pete and Pole position , i can vouch for both as top whiners.........

**** Hole of the year Award

MS: Here you go Ron,
I agree, Ron was a winner in this!
Old 10-22-2007, 12:31 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Ron Dennis=Peckerwood Jackass!!
Old 10-22-2007, 01:44 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Question Las Vegas odds

Not even sure if Vegas pays attention to Formula One, but does anyone know if there were odds on the 3 drivers becoming WDC this past weekend?
Old 10-22-2007, 01:57 PM
PeanutinCA
Pro

The key moment of the pre-race for me, was the 1 question asked of the top 3 contenders. "If you don't win, who would you most like to see win the WDC?" (or something close to that). LH, "neither driver" showing the spoiled little ***** that he is, KR, "don't care if not myself", love that honesty and FA, "either driver I would be happy for", maybe it's not completely honest like KR, but at least it's great sportsmanship. So, who is the little bitch?

On another note, and having NOT read the entire thread, there is many arguments for who could have won and how etc. But think about this argument, Ron should think about what his beloved LH has done for MC this year? You could make the argument that LH cost them the WDC (their only saving grace) when he ignored "team orders" and did not concede the postion in qualifying, thereby pissing off FA who "returned the favor" with the pit delay. That single action of LH started the more "serious" team fallout, handed a grid penalty to FA that arguably cost him (FA) at least 2 points that would have secured the WDC. Then, after reaking that havoc, LH went on to screw up the last 2 races with his inability to come in second (not on track but to his team mate). Yes, there is many other arguments to be made and this one does not rule out those, RD was an ***, didn't assign a clear number 1, perhaps didn't make it clear to FA that he would not be number 1 just because he was 2 time WDC? There is many arguments to be made, but of the "unscripted failures or team orders", these actions of LH were out of anyone else's control, and firmly in the control of LH and look at the end result. MC got NOTHING!!! Great job Lewis.

P.D.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:14 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Great for Kimi, and well deserved.

I thought that it was not going to be possible to get away with the WDC title. Lewis needed 5th place to get it, and he's in the top 4 drivers (Kimi, Felipe, Fernando and Lewis, in this order).

Lewis did not work well under pressure, and he did not have the support from his teammate. The two Ferrari drivers worked as a team.

The Scuderia Toro Rosso (Ferrari-Powered) did a great job holding Lewis when he was way back. Lewis easily lost over 10 seconds thanks to the second Ferrari team.

This is the best race I have seen in a long time, there wasn't a peaceful moment at all. Nico, Robert and Nick had me on the nerves at the risk of hitting each other, at letting Lewis move up 2 spots and win the Championship.

Fernando showed that while not being the primary driver for McLaren, he matched his teammate in season points. Message to Ron Dennis: Lewis is good, Fernando is just better.

Felipe got his fast lap in his home turf taken away. Message to Felipe: You're good, Kimi is just better.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:14 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,335 Likes on 1,974 Posts

Pete,
It's amazing no matter what is being discussed you manage to pull this in Guess what ! , Alonso will be with you as your nightmare for a long time , His 2 WDC for a sorry *** operation like Renault is bigger than Schuey 2 for Benetton , it is now fitting for him to move on to ferrari for his other 5 WDC .....
So take your medication , share some with Pole , Schuey is not coming back , there are new guys on the block now , get over it ....
Alonso will never be in the same league with MS. Let's move on, shall we.

The bottom line is you gave Kimi no chance in 2007 and now your licking his boots. That's a fact A. man. Love the signiture, perhaps your switching allegence to Kimi now that Alonso is over and unlikely to return to WC anytime soon. Front runner...

Alonso, Hamilton, Ron Dennis and the entire McLaren organization are snakes in a snake pit and I wish for them to stay together. I also wish that Dennis in his spite doesn't release Alonso and sits his *** down for a year. Alonso and Dennis are cut from the same cloth in their arrogance.

Hamilton began the year with humility and thought everything that he earned in the beginning was more than he could have expected. Unfortunately, he began to read his own press clippings and he too became arrogant and lost the endearing modesty that was so refreshing at the beginning. The moment he compared himself to Senna and Prost after the Japanese GP, karma struck him down like a bolt of lightning.

Trust me Wayne, it would be my worse nightmare if Alonso came to Ferrari. Thankfully, with Kimi getting this win, it decreased the chances of Alonso coming over in 2009. If Kimi wins again in '08 or comes close to doing so, you can forget about your boy coming to F as Kimi will be entrenched.

Still celebrating with the Asti Wayne, wish you were here,
Old 10-22-2007, 02:29 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Does McLaren have to turn over all of their constructors trophies from each of the races it won to Ferrari? That would be a funny press conference...

Quick Reply: 2007 GP Brasil de Fórmula 1