2007 GP Brasil de Fórmula 1

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 02:58 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera51
Funny no one compares Lewis Hamilton's rookie year to Jacques Villeneuves. JV also had 4 wins in 1996 and finished second in points. He also had 3 poles. Hopefully Lewis will not make the same career mistakes that JV did.
Lots of comparisons were made in another thread, specifically who was more of a rookie, Jaques with his years of US experience or Lewis with his years of British formula racing under RDs tutelage.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:03 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Lots of comparisons were made in another thread, specifically who was more of a rookie, Jaques with his years of US experience or Lewis with his years of British formula racing under RDs tutelage.
LH has more racing experience than JV, JV Indy car experiences limited him to N. American tracks, There rookie seasons are comparable , but it ends there as LH is of a different skill level to JV, but both had very interesting and close rookie years , with JV delivering in 97,, i don't see LH delivering in 08.......
Old 10-23-2007, 03:13 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 55 Posts

Eccy is obviously a dingbat.

But what he said about Hammy and Kimi is TRUE. Kimi has Exactly ZERO personality. NONE. MOST people who would get involved in watching this, other than the cars, the drivers are on thier minds - they want to learn about the person.

Kimi gives you exactly NOTHING.

Hamilton at least has something to offer. Flame away, but Eccy has a sport to continue growing. While I am entertained by the cars as well, many are more about the drivers (hello - 9 pages on this race).
Old 10-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Nano
Racer

2008... this is going to be so long..

so, what are the news in driver's market?
Old 10-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BrendanC
Eccy is obviously a dingbat.

But what he said about Hammy and Kimi is TRUE. Kimi has Exactly ZERO personality. NONE. MOST people who would get involved in watching this, other than the cars, the drivers are on thier minds - they want to learn about the person.

Kimi gives you exactly NOTHING.

Hamilton at least has something to offer. Flame away, but Eccy has a sport to continue growing. While I am entertained by the cars as well, many are more about the drivers (hello - 9 pages on this race).
Kimi gives you exactly NOTHING?!

How about giving us gut wrenching driving? (i.e. when he passed Fisi in Japan or maybe Japan this year), or World Driver's Championship to Ferrari?

Hamilton offers what more? Cute smiles and likeable personality? Back to back mistakes at track that causes him & his team the WDC?

That's what you want? Like there's not enough celebrity crap & other nonsense in the world nowadays?

Go ahead, kiss Hamilton all you want, I rather take no bull****, no whining, shut up & drive attitude of Kimi and his awesome driving rather than the "paparazzi F1 driver" you seem to be so keen on.

Why don't you watch celebrity news from Hollywood or something instead of F1?
I'm sure Britney Spears has much more to offor to you than Formula 1 does.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:33 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default McLaren pursues appeal of race

They simply won't be happy until Hamilton is declared WDC by the FIA (assuming post race promotions after the cars in quesiton are disqualified).....

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...7/10/7032.html
Old 10-23-2007, 03:42 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn

How about giving us gut wrenching driving? (i.e. when he passed Fisi in Japan or maybe Japan this year), or World Driver's Championship to Ferrari?

Hamilton offers what more? Cute smiles and likeable personality? Back to back mistakes at track that causes him & his team the WDC?

That's what you want? Jesus Christ, like there's not enough celebrity crap?

Go ahead, kiss Hamilton all you want, I rather take no bull**** & whining attitude of Kimi and his awesome driving rather than the "paparazzi F1 driver" you seem to be so keen on.

Your derogatory comments regarding me personally, inferring that I am shallow are not required here, nor appreciated.

As I mentioned, Cars and Drivers go together. People watch for both the driving and the DRIVERS.

My comments were an advisory on what society will require from future drivers.

You do understand the sport is driven by sponsors right? Sponsors need to advertise things.

Its obviously your choice to try and understand my point clearly or not. You obviously have chosen to ignore a very important part of why you are still even able to watch these races on national television - there is still entertainment value. Eccy can be chided all over the world for his irritating personality, but the man had a point. Choose to ignore it at the detriment to your viewing options.

We know BEING on the track in the race vehicle is quite interesting, indeed exhilarating. It is whether a driver can convey that while OUT of the vehicle that will capture the hearts and minds of a larger portion of the viewing public.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Nano
Racer

Originally Posted by ltc
They simply won't be happy until Hamilton is declared WDC by the FIA (assuming post race promotions after the cars in quesiton are disqualified).....

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...7/10/7032.html
They are right though, wtf is this fuel issue. People should know.

But the drivers will not(should not) be penalized. Drivers have never been penalized from the wrongdoings of the teams. Hamilton was there wasn't he?

Everyone will love Mclaren next year.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:51 PM
Nano
Racer

that's harsh

...That's what you want? Like there's not enough celebrity crap & other nonsense in the world nowadays?

Go ahead, kiss Hamilton all you want, I rather take no bull****, no whining, shut up & drive attitude of Kimi and his awesome driving rather than the "paparazzi F1 driver" you seem to be so keen on.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BrendanC
Your derogatory comments regarding me personally, inferring that I am shallow are not required here, nor appreciated.

As I mentioned, Cars and Drivers go together. People watch for both the driving and the DRIVERS.

My comments were an advisory on what society will require from future drivers.

You do understand the sport is driven by sponsors right? Sponsors need to advertise things.

Its obviously your choice to try and understand my point clearly or not. You obviously have chosen to ignore a very important part of why you are still even able to watch these races on national television - there is still entertainment value. Eccy can be chided all over the world for his irritating personality, but the man had a point. Choose to ignore it at the detriment to your viewing options.

We know BEING on the track in the race vehicle is quite interesting, indeed exhilarating. It is whether a driver can convey that while OUT of the vehicle that will capture the hearts and minds of a larger portion of the viewing public.
My apologies if I offended you, didn't mean to. Just that this kind of stuff (hollywood crap etc.) makes me tick off. Not you personally but just this stuff ingeneral. Again, my apologies.

My post was regardind comments people (Bernie including) make, making off track personalities more interesting & important than on track stuff.

Seems like Bernie doesn't care about what happens at the track at all, but the other stuff is that matters only and I'm against that.

Not giving Kimi & Ferrari any props for winning the WDC is a good example of that, I'm sure there would be a lot of comments from him if Hamilton had won.
I'm glad though he didn't because that shut Bernie up for a while as it seems.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:15 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

That's what you want? Like there's not enough celebrity crap & other nonsense in the world nowadays?

LOL Finn it is not 08 yet, man how are you going to handle the pressure , this is just the beginning , next year when you have to Host " where are the Kimi detractors now" you are going to need meds

i warned you about undermining alonso 2 wdc , NOW YOU WILL BE ON THE RECIEVING END OF THAT WITH Kimi , Kimi was lucky , Kimi had Massa's help or he would.nt win crap, Kimi, this , Kimi that , take your meds be prepared it is coming...........
Old 10-23-2007, 04:21 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
LOL Finn it is not 08 yet, man how are you going to handle the pressure , this is just the beginning , next year when you have to Host " where are the Kimi detractors now" you are going to need meds
No, I think it's the "meds" that are the problem, all that Finlandia & cigars left a bad hangover which leads into a bad irritation and now patience, especially when Bernie is involved...
Old 10-23-2007, 05:12 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well I have to say that a Kimi interview as about as interesting as watching a door ****.

Still Kimi is a very good driver and deserved to win the WDC. Bernie is in F1 for the show. However races are won by good driving and team work. Not popularity as much as it may dismay Bernie.

Kimi needs to be congratulated for his success in 2007. We shall see what happens come 2008, but clearly it is his championship to win or lose in 2008.

BTW... Alonso , Kimi or Hamilton do not belong among the list of greatest F1 drivers of all time. All or none of them maybe there on day, but they are still too young and have too much driving infront of them to be the second coming of any you can remember. There are alot more drivers to win a WDC that were good and only a few that were trully greats.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:27 PM
Wreck Me Otter
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by M758
Well I have to say that a Kimi interview as about as interesting as watching a door ****.
A friend of mine sent this to me...

Old 10-23-2007, 05:34 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Wreck Me Otter
A friend of mine sent this to me...

That is Classic Kimi!!!!!! You just need to add in the huge smile from wining the WDC!

Quick Reply: 2007 GP Brasil de Fórmula 1