Sponsored by:

Is Anyone Writing DE Insurance ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 06:28 PM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by George3
Has anyone heard from Chris Maume at Prosure?
I sent in an application a few weeks ago and still do not have a quote.

Is he able to write DE Policies yet?

If he is unable to write DE coverage, and beside being self insured, who is the next best alternative?

I'm signed up with WSIB.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:18 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I signed up with WSIB also.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:45 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Just heard from Chris Maume that he cannot give me a quotation because I have one from WSIB. The underwriter or broker is apparently the same. The policy language is almost the same. Looks like it'll be WSIB for me, too.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:37 PM
Sam N
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From the few responses I have seen, more people have gone with WSIB? Just wanted to see if there was any consensus as to which policy was better, if there was one. The only substantive distinction I could tell was the limitation as to number of events attended. The company without limitation had a few more requirements in the event of a claim, however, I assume that with new policies, most of these companies writing this type of policy will be asking for detailed information as to the claim.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:45 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

The deductible is so much higher (10%) on the Liability Underwriters policy than on the WSIB policy (4%) that the story probably ends there for most drivers. The LU policy also the instructor in the car or signoff at that event requirement that is tough to comply with for most advanced drivers in PCA (but maybe not in BMW CCA).

It looks like there are just those two options: LU and WSIB. For a while it looked like Chris Maume had a third offering, but it turns out he is selling the WSIB policy.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:01 PM
s997gt3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey george i also signed with wsib pm me and i'll give you my details.or e-mail
Old 04-23-2008, 08:57 AM
Lawrence_P
Racer

But Chris is simple to deal with..
Old 04-23-2008, 01:31 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

BTW, I just wanted to add one additional thing that you should remember. If you don't remember, I totalled my GT-3 last year at Sebring. I had DE insurance and they finally paid. Search this thread for the carrier.

Now, I am getting bills from the hospital where they treated me (and released me -I was unhurt thank goodness). Since I didn't claim it on my regular auto insurance they won't pay and the DE insurance doesn't cover medical expenses so it is all on my dime. And it's more than you think.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:50 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by mitch236
BTW, I just wanted to add one additional thing that you should remember. If you don't remember, I totalled my GT-3 last year at Sebring. I had DE insurance and they finally paid. Search this thread for the carrier.

Now, I am getting bills from the hospital where they treated me (and released me -I was unhurt thank goodness). Since I didn't claim it on my regular auto insurance they won't pay and the DE insurance doesn't cover medical expenses so it is all on my dime. And it's more than you think.
Hi Mitch
Sorry to hear that; on what basis is your health insurer denying coverage because you didn't make an auto insurance claim?
Old 04-23-2008, 03:11 PM
roach13
Instructor

I've been trying to get a quote from Furman for going on a week, I'll call and talk to the woman handling it she says she'll call back in an hour and nothing.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:26 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

I suspect it is $6-7k-ish. Your health insurance should cover this emergency room visit but with the horific nature of that business (joke) who knows. Glad you got the $$ for the car.

Miata anyone?
Old 04-24-2008, 06:10 PM
wlittleman
Advanced

Originally Posted by mitch236

Maybe I'm missing something here, but isn't your health insurance carrier supposed to pay the hospital bills, regardless of the reason why you got injured, or whether or not you filed a formal claim with your auto insurance? I thought the health insurance that we carry though our employers or through individual health coverage would cover us. I didn't know such an exclusion exists.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Sam N
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would agree that it should have been covered. I'm curious to know on what grounds it was denied? Hazardous activity?? That would seem to open the door to a potentially significant number of exclusions.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:49 PM
RDL
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 12 Posts

Does anyone know why the WSIB Insurance web site is no longer accessible? I have been trying to look into their DE insurance but can not access the web site.
Thanks
Old 04-28-2008, 04:10 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

No idea about the WSIB web site. Here is the broker who handled my policy:

Daniel P. Thompson
Regional Vice President
MotorsportCoverage.com
Capacity Coverage Company
One International Blvd.,
Mahwah, NJ 07495
Direct Dial: 201-661-2441
Direct Fax: 201-661-7788
dthompson@capcoverage.com

Quick Reply: Is Anyone Writing DE Insurance ???