Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Try contacting them directly:

Jean Dewitt
jeand@wsibinsurance.com
Old 04-28-2008, 05:02 PM
fhp911
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 35 Posts

I just contacted Dan Thompson at MotorsportCoverage.com, mentioned by Phokaioglaukos, a few postings above.

Their coverage is cheaper than Laurel.

Does anyone have an idea of their claims performance? (ease, speed of payment, etc?)

TIA, CIA, etc.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:06 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Search for info on Laurel DE here. There is much to be concerned about with them.

Dan sells the WSIB product and seems to be a nice guy. This is the first (or maybe second?) year for WSIB. I have not heard of claims performance. Chris Maume also sells the WSIB product. He is noted on this thread, too.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:50 PM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone had Hooked on Driving specifically approved for WSIB insurance policy coverage? Even when you have a policy in place, WSIB is very slow in responding to specific requests for coverage.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:57 PM
smsarchitects
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

No, but I will need to in the near future.
I too have had VERY slow or no response once the retainer check was sent.
I do not want to think about if I have a claim.............
Maybe we start a new WSIB thread for those already signed up instead of beating this old horse?

Last edited by smsarchitects; 05-12-2008 at 08:58 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 05-12-2008, 09:00 PM
George3
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

It's been a month since I signed up with WSIB and I still do not have a Policy in hand. Called several times and I think I'm getting the "soft shoe"

Old 05-12-2008, 11:48 PM
KS-CS
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy No high pressure sales in this business . . .

Is it just me, or do these companies seem less than eager to sell these policies. I started contacting Chris Maume and WSIB directly a few months ago, and submitted my applications, but have never received any quotes or replies to my emails. I'm already 1/3 the way thru my track season, and if the policy is based on the calendar year , it doesn't seem worthwhile now to buy one (or are they for a 12 month period?).

Don't they make money and spread their risk by selling a lot of policies?
Old 05-12-2008, 11:57 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

I got a really slow response from Chris. Got a good response from Dan Thompson. They both sell the same product from WSIB. Dan was clear that the commissions on this product to him are S M A L L.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:24 AM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KS-CS
Is it just me, or do these companies seem less than eager to sell these policies. I started contacting Chris Maume and WSIB directly a few months ago, and submitted my applications, but have never received any quotes or replies to my emails. I'm already 1/3 the way thru my track season, and if the policy is based on the calendar year , it doesn't seem worthwhile now to buy one (or are they for a 12 month period?).

Don't they make money and spread their risk by selling a lot of
policies?
Mine is 12 months.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:09 AM
SpeedAgent1
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default It has been a while...

Hey Guys,

I have not been to Rennlist in a long time, but I did want to come back and say hello. I have been extremely busy with our DE program re-launch for 2008 and I have to apologize to those individuals who have not received a response from me in a timely manner. I have been fielding about 70 calls a day on average just for this product. As I have always said, I'm dedicated to this product and this sport and I will continue to develop new markets and products for everyone in the motorsports community. However, you can't always please everyone. I've worked very hard to return this product to the masses and I am making strides developing my company's motorsports program, but it is a big task. You will certainly hear more about us in the coming months. We are an established

I have a long history in motorsports, especially DE's. I got my start in DE's with my local BMWCCA club many years ago and it snowballed from there. I know the environment we all participate in and I know the financial risks that are on the line. I know the London markets for this product very well and I am the most familiar with claims processes for on-track coverage as I have been actively working with race and DE clients for more years than anyone in this industry regarding on-track insurance.

I look forward to continuing my relationship with all of the people I have worked with in the past and the clubs we are associated with. If you have any questions please let me know.

Regards,

Chris Maume
Old 06-24-2008, 03:21 PM
SpeedAgent1
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Announcement

Furman Motorsports Insurance is announcing a brand new on-track insurance program!

Just released today-we are now offering Pro Racing, Club Racing and of course DE coverage. Our policies for DE's are unlimited in terms of events covered. It is an annual policy. Our club racing program is offered to any car $10k in value and up to $750k......that's right, $750k.

Our DE program does not have any of the "gotchas" that the other programs have. We do not have tricky wording or potential exclusions when you car stalls on track and you are hit. Furman is also expanding its policies to include the US, Canada and Mexico. Other programs only offer coverage in the US.

Furman is the only company to offer club racing insurance. I am making the initial offer to all PCA members as my strongest relationships are within the PCA. The rates in the past have never been were I wanted them to be, there were not affordable to the average racer. They are now!

I have personally been working on these new programs for over a year. They have finally come into reality and I am very excited to share this news with you. I will make myself available through email as voicemail is not the best way to reach me due to the high volume of interest.

Regards,

Chris Maume
chris@furmaninsurance.com
Old 06-24-2008, 03:34 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Chris, what happened with Gainsco? Or is Furman part of their offerings?
Old 06-24-2008, 04:03 PM
SpeedAgent1
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I'm not able to make any comments about Gainsco, mainly because I don't have any details. I wish I knew. I received a call from the CEO one day and that was it. The position with them ended in December.

Chris
Old 06-24-2008, 04:31 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

So is Furman hopefully "the one"??? It just seems that the potential insurer keeps changing which I am sure makes most people very uneasy about writing a check for insurance.

I sure hope this one is the one and works out for you. Best of luck!

I think my policy that you wrote last year expires this fall so I'll be in touch......
Old 06-24-2008, 04:40 PM
SpeedAgent1
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Dell,

I hear this a lot and I totally understand. However, what happened to me and my business over the last year has been mostly out of my control. I am continuing to sort out the details and it will take time, but I have always had confidence in a DE program. That is why I continued to market it to underwriters and brokers. It has taken me a long time to get this wrapped up and I couldn't be more excited about it. Not to mention the fact that I now have a viable club racing program as well.

I took a different route with this program. I went directly to the source and I sat across the table from 6 underwriters from varying syndicates at Lloyds and I pitched everything I had to them. Their job is to be skeptical, and initially they were. But, by the end of each meeting each one wanted to know how quickly I could start sending them business as they loved the idea because of it's uniqueness. I left London with committments from several underwriters and that is how we can offer coverage on even the most expensive of race cars, prototypes.

In addition to these three products we are also offering off-track at phenominal rates. This is good for anyone that has a race car or a dedicated track car and wants it insured.

I look forward to hearing from you in the Fall.

Chris

Quick Reply: Is Anyone Writing DE Insurance ???