Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is Anyone Writing DE Insurance ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 09:13 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I'm sure both are required but only sure about filing the claim within 48hrs. I think I assumed the letter needed to accompany the claim. May or may not be that way.

Glad to see that it is not strange since I'm thinking of buying a policy through him.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb

Bull, what qualifies as a formal appraisal? Where do you go or from whom do you get one?
I haven't reviewed the remainder of the policy, nor asked them yet about their definition of an acceptable appraisal. Actually, we have been asked by Ins. Cos. in many cases to give an appraisal of the repalcement cost of a car after it has been crunched.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:41 AM
George3
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Been a bit quite on this thread, lately.

Has anyone received any quotes from Chris Maume or others yet?

Old 03-05-2008, 06:23 AM
Alan Herod
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Is it common to require written statements for the CI at the event regarding what happened?
Yes, PCA requires it and provides the form. The CI must prepare the statement describing the accident and provide copies to PCA. The PCA form has a place for all pertinent information car/cars, participants, and other information as well a place for the participant to describe what happened including an area for a line drawing. There is an area for the CI to add remarks/information. Generally I took digital pictures and provided them as well.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:42 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Alan Herod
Yes, PCA requires it and provides the form. The CI must prepare the statement describing the accident and provide copies to PCA. The PCA form has a place for all pertinent information car/cars, participants, and other information as well a place for the participant to describe what happened including an area for a line drawing. There is an area for the CI to add remarks/information. Generally I took digital pictures and provided them as well.

Thanks Alan

Knowing this is common place makes it easier to buy a policy since I will be able to comply with the requirements w/o laboring to get documentation from the event host.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:03 AM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by George3
Been a bit quite on this thread, lately.

Has anyone received any quotes from Chris Maume or others yet?

Chris told me yesterday that it will be a few days before he can issue quotations.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:58 PM
s997gt3
Racer

i just signed with wsib back and forth all last week on the phone.they were very helpfull,with all the questions that i had.
first event next week at vir zone 2.peace of mind now.as i hope i will never need it.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:20 PM
George3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Phokaioglaukos
Chris told me yesterday that it will be a few days before he can issue quotations.
Chris,

He just emailed me "something" along those lines, too.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:51 PM
Anna McM
Track Day

In most cases, i can have a quote to you within 30 minutes, and our policy can be bound within an hour. I would be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
Thanks,
Anna
Old 03-06-2008, 06:37 AM
George3
Rennlist Member

Anna,
Do you have a limit if I want to do. . . say . . . 40 events this year? Or, is it priced accordingly based on the number of events?

Old 03-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Anna McM
Track Day

Hi George,
Our policy is an annual policy. It has no limit to the number of events in which you can participate.
Thanks,
Anna
Old 03-06-2008, 09:48 AM
George3
Rennlist Member

Hi George,
Our policy is an annual policy. It has no limit to the number of events in which you can participate.
Thanks,
Anna

Are your premiums based on a 3.5% percentage, and Deductible by the insured for the first 10% of value?

Old 03-06-2008, 10:40 AM
Anna McM
Track Day

George,
99% of the time, I am going to be below 3.5%. In certain cases, the rate could go as high as 3.5, particularly if some of the exclusions are removed from the policy. However, it is important to note that the carrier isn't going to freely allow excluded items to be "bought back". This would be handled on a case by case, individual basis, depending on circumstances and underwriting.

10% deductible is correct.

Thanks,
Anna
Old 03-06-2008, 11:07 AM
George3
Rennlist Member

Anna,
How is value assigned and determined?
Clearly and specifically, how would an insured whose policy is written this year, at say $100,000 , be defined in the event of a claim? Is depreciation considered and if so, how is that calculated on the $100,000 policy?

Old 03-06-2008, 01:23 PM
Anna McM
Track Day

George,
Our policy is going to pay the lesser of the following:

1) Stated Value
2) Actual Cash Value, or
3) Cost of Repairs

Of course, the deductible would apply to any loss payment.

The stated value and cost of repairs are obvious. However, the "actual cash value" (ACV) is typically defined as "replacement cost, less depreciation". In some states, state legislatures have redefined ACV to mean "market value, less depreciation."

In the event of a total loss, the adjuster would use a number of tools to determine the settlement. The blue-book value, while a tool, obviously cannot be the sole source of determining the value of the car. Any modifications made to the vehicle would have to be considered, and of course, things like low mileage, etc. would be taken into consideration. A car in Georgia may sell for less than the same car would in New York. All of these things would be factored into the determination of the value, in the event of a total loss.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Anna

Quick Reply: Is Anyone Writing DE Insurance ???