Sponsored by:

Is Anyone Writing DE Insurance ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 09:39 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s997gt3
i've be in contact with furman walters(.chris maume,) online so far and i filled out applacition for a quote today.
i also contacted wsbi and left voice mail yesterday and again this morning for laura,but they have not responded.
Service?
Old 02-26-2008, 10:26 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 158 Posts

WSIB has been very good to me so far as far as response, hopefully I will never need their "service".. but as some have said I should put headlights on the back of my 911's......
Old 02-27-2008, 11:54 AM
mjb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
I have a quote back from WSIB (pending an appraisal of my car), but haven't read the details yet. I have apps from Anna McM and Chris M, but haven't returned them yet.
Bull, any insight into terms and exclusion differences between the policies you've looked into? There was a lot of discussions earlier regarding various exclusions with the Liability Underwriters (Anna McM) policy which I know she was continuing to develop.
I know I'll have to dig in myself...just being lazy
Old 02-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mjb
Bull, any insight into terms and exclusion differences between the policies you've looked into? There was a lot of discussions earlier regarding various exclusions with the Liability Underwriters (Anna McM) policy which I know she was continuing to develop.
I know I'll have to dig in myself...just being lazy
Hey, I've got lazy covered around here! Still gathering info and haven't looked it over yet. The end of the month is a busy time for both of my businesses, so it will be a while.

I will say that all three, WSIB (Deb), LU (Anna), and FMI (Chris) have been very responsive and helpful with the apps and offers to address any questions.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:10 PM
s997gt3
Racer

wsbi was in contact with me this morning and is going to e-mail me an applaction.laura was explaining that they offer on track policies but if i wanted she could also give me a quote on street ins also but went on to say that it would probly be alot more than i am paying now with state farm.and suggested that i keep my current policy with( sf) and get track ins with them.

than i asked if this covers damage to my car and other peoples cars,she said it covers my car only,and all bets are off as far as other cars,do to track regulaitions,or something to that nature.if someone can clairafy please.i think it means when you are at the track that nobody is responsible for damage if they hit you. so if i hit someone my ins. pays to fix my car only and the other guy gets nothing paid for and i am not responsible for damages for his car or damages to the person if they get hurt.they have tohave their own policy.

i think she said this mite be covered in an additional policy they have to offer, i think it was under a liability policy?

next i asked about dammage to the track, armco.dividers,or anything or part of the racetrack,and she said that this would be covered under a liabilty policy but said that normaly the company that runs the event ,porsche bmw pda ect has insurance for this .

wow alot of stuff and could someone who knows the ins and outs of this stuff please explain and clairafy this for all of us ,
and let me know if i am understanding all of this correctly.
thanks

Last edited by s997gt3; 02-27-2008 at 12:13 PM. Reason: clicked by mistake no edit
Old 02-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 47 Posts

Bob- what did you find in the quote.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:31 PM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 18 Posts

Contacted WSIB and received a quote back within a day. Look like cost is about 3.5% of car value with smaller deductible than laurelde ($4k vs $17.5k). Looks like I'm going to sign up.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Ryan, did you compare with Chris Maume/Furman? He's taking applications, but I have not seen financial terms yet.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:38 PM
s997gt3
Racer

Originally Posted by rmag
Contacted WSIB and received a quote back within a day. Look like cost is about 3.5% of car value with smaller deductible than laurelde ($4k vs $17.5k). Looks like I'm going to sign up.
17.5 thats crazy. yea i've be in contact with deb at wsbi 4300.00 plus a 4800..00 deductable i think i'm signing with them,waiting on final details for 20 events.she said base amt. of events was 10 = 3400.00.--and 4300.00 for 20 events.i sent applaction to chris three days ago with no responce yet.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:57 PM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Phokaioglaukos
Ryan, did you compare with Chris Maume/Furman? He's taking applications, but I have not seen financial terms yet.
No, did not check with chris. Going to sign up with WSIB tomorrow.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:47 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ritter
Bob- what did you find in the quote.
The WSIB quote is $2520/year for $75k value (must provide formal appraisal), $3,000 deductible.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:27 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s997gt3
wsbi was in contact with me this morning and is going to e-mail me an applaction.laura was explaining that they offer on track policies but if i wanted she could also give me a quote on street ins also but went on to say that it would probly be alot more than i am paying now with state farm.and suggested that i keep my current policy with( sf) and get track ins with them.

than i asked if this covers damage to my car and other peoples cars,she said it covers my car only,and all bets are off as far as other cars,do to track regulaitions,or something to that nature.if someone can clairafy please.i think it means when you are at the track that nobody is responsible for damage if they hit you. so if i hit someone my ins. pays to fix my car only and the other guy gets nothing paid for and i am not responsible for damages for his car or damages to the person if they get hurt.they have tohave their own policy.

i think she said this mite be covered in an additional policy they have to offer, i think it was under a liability policy?

next i asked about dammage to the track, armco.dividers,or anything or part of the racetrack,and she said that this would be covered under a liabilty policy but said that normaly the company that runs the event ,porsche bmw pda ect has insurance for this .

wow alot of stuff and could someone who knows the ins and outs of this stuff please explain and clairafy this for all of us ,
and let me know if i am understanding all of this correctly.
thanks
I think most of the polices we are dealing with are Property Damage Only coverage to your own car. To cover someone else's car you are talking Liability coverage. That is a bit harder to insure, and on the track it is a bit harder to determine who was at fault. So if you want liability coverage( fix damage you cause to others) vs. property damage , fix your car if you wreck, if you can find it, it will cost a bunch more.

Another question to ask on the Property damage polices, is What it covers besides your car. If you damage the facility, that can be expensive. real expensive when you get into replacing a guardrail or a soft wall, could be thousands. Right now most of us are on our own.

Why does the real world have to creep into one of the last real fun things to do?
Old 02-29-2008, 08:29 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by todinlaw
on the track it is a bit harder to determine who was at fault.
Nope, not hard at all. Your car is damaged on the track and it's your responsibility and no ones fault, regardless if someone rams you or a meteor hits you.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:05 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

I spoke with Chris early this week. He said it would take several days to receive a quote. He offers liability ins. @ $1500/mil IIRC.

Is it common to require written statements for the CI at the event regarding what happened? That is what Chris' company is requiring alone with notification within 48 hrs after occurrence.

Bull, what qualifies as a formal appraisal? Where do you go or from whom do you get one?
Old 02-29-2008, 09:09 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Is it common to require written statements for the CI at the event regarding what happened? That is what Chris' company is requiring alone with notification within 48 hrs after occurrence.
Not sure about common Randy, but American Collectors required a statement from the Region hosting the event, just not "within 48 hours". Sounds reasonable.

Quick Reply: Is Anyone Writing DE Insurance ???