Formula 1 - 2024 Season

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2024, 12:55 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,105 Likes on 1,840 Posts

Originally Posted by rsabeebe
does horner survive long enough to make thursday's reveal? every day the outlook appears bleaker and bleaker.
The press keep saying that Horner and Newey have reciprocal clauses in their contracts allowing each to leave if the other is fired. Don't know the veracity of this, but if true and they get rid of Horner, Red Bull will spiral down the drain in short order.

If Horner was a "mean demanding boss" which is all that has been reported, than this is just a ridiculous power play. You can get ahead by being an effective leader, and that does not mean yelling and keeping everyone scared all the time, but some employees think accountability is "abuse".

I think younger employees are, in general, weak and more prone to get upset when a boss demands something. I hope this is the case for Horner.
Old 02-13-2024, 01:55 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,366 Likes on 1,993 Posts

A fascinating solution for Scuderia Ferrari is their "halo spoiler," featuring a visible "Z"-shaped outlet designed to redirect air above the pontoon. This aims to eliminate disturbances encountered by the airflow passing through the halo.

VIA: [DiegoAlonsoF1]

The Ferrari SF-24's rear pull-rod suspension is deemed innovative according to Technical Director Enrico Cardile.

- Ferrari and Haas will be the only teams in the 2024 F1 season to use pull-rod suspension at the rear.

- Enrico Cardile, in a press conference, explained that they studied different suspension layouts during development and found a good compromise with the current pull-rod layout. He stated, "During the development, not only of this car, we studied different suspension layouts for our goals, including the push-rod, and we found a good compromise with the current layout."

- Cardile emphasized that the choice of suspension layout involves compromises between aerodynamic performance, weight, and suspension compliance.

- Ferrari decided not to switch to a push-rod configuration at the rear, despite its perceived aerodynamic advantages, as they believed the pull-rod design could be optimized further. Cardile said, "We preferred to delve deeper and optimize a solution on which we already have a lot of knowledge (pull rod)."

- The decision to stick with the pull-rod suspension was based on the team's existing knowledge and expertise with this design. Cardile stated, "We don't intend to change the suspension layout during this season. Then we'll see during development, but so far we're satisfied with this configuration."

VIA: [formu1a.uno]

The following users liked this post:
Carlo_Carrera (02-13-2024)
Old 02-13-2024, 01:56 PM
thebishman
Burning Brakes

Received 421 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
The press keep saying that Horner and Newey have reciprocal clauses in their contracts allowing each to leave if the other is fired. Don't know the veracity of this, but if true and they get rid of Horner, Red Bull will spiral down the drain in short order.

If Horner was a "mean demanding boss" which is all that has been reported, than this is just a ridiculous power play. You can get ahead by being an effective leader, and that does not mean yelling and keeping everyone scared all the time, but some employees think accountability is "abuse".

I think younger employees are, in general, weak and more prone to get upset when a boss demands something. I hope this is the case for Horner.
I agree with what you’re saying, but I’m thinking the complaint is an excuse for the power struggle to play out that has been in the background for a couple of years. Ego playing a huge part in this; Jos, (and Max?); RB Corporate in Austria, and yes, Horner himself.

An interesting week ahead if you’re a RB and/or F1 fan.
Old 02-13-2024, 02:04 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 141 Posts

I wonder if Max has an out if Horner were to leave. They've had a lot of sucess together. If Horner gets the axe, and then Newey goes with him, I wonder what Max would do. Lawrence Stroll could afford to hire them all. That would be wild!
Old 02-13-2024, 03:19 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,517 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Originally Posted by thebishman
I agree with what you’re saying, but I’m thinking the complaint is an excuse for the power struggle to play out that has been in the background for a couple of years. Ego playing a huge part in this; Jos, (and Max?); RB Corporate in Austria, and yes, Horner himself.

An interesting week ahead if you’re a RB and/or F1 fan.
My take on this, and I could be completely wrong, this is all RedBull Corp going through the motions. Horner isn't going anywhere and neither is Newey. RedBull Corp are putting on the this "investigation" so if the complainer decides to sue, which they most likely will, RB they can say to everyone who cares that they did their own checking and found Horner did nothing wrong. Horner is too valuable to lose.

Last edited by Carlo_Carrera; 02-13-2024 at 04:52 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Carlo_Carrera:
500 (02-16-2024), GT3_Driver (02-13-2024), Ksdaoski (02-13-2024)
Old 02-13-2024, 03:26 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,867 Likes on 967 Posts

Wouldn't it have been easier to just say snowflake?
The following 2 users liked this post by Nizer:
LuigiVampa (02-13-2024), Norge911 (02-13-2024)
Old 02-13-2024, 06:20 PM
thebishman
Burning Brakes

Received 421 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
My take on this, and I could be completely wrong, this is all RedBull Corp going through the motions. Horner isn't going anywhere and neither is Newey. RedBull Corp are putting on the this "investigation" so if the complainer decides to sue, which they most likely will, RB they can say to everyone who cares that they did their own checking and found Horner did nothing wrong. Horner is too valuable to lose.
https://www.grandprix.com/news/f1-ce...r-scandal.html

Pressure getting far worse it appears
Old 02-13-2024, 06:36 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I do not buy any of this yet. What Ralf Bach thinks is being said means nothing until it comes from the horse's mouth via a public statement.

Last edited by Carlo_Carrera; 02-13-2024 at 06:41 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Carlo_Carrera:
500 (02-16-2024), ProCoach (02-14-2024)
Old 02-13-2024, 06:37 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 141 Posts

Has Horner been found guilty of anything? They won't even say what he did exactly, yet Bernie is calling for his resignation? Why are judgements being made without having all the facts in the public domain. I'll wait to here all the facts. I am not a Red Bull fan but I think speculation is a waste of time and he deserves due process.
Old 02-13-2024, 06:37 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Here is the bright line test - if it was an inappropriate sexual relationship or advances I can see him having to leave in this day and age. If he was just "mean" than that's ridiculous - he gets some counseling and says "I need to do better" and goes on his way.

What I don't understand is why the Verstappen team wants him gone, as has been reported?!
The following 4 users liked this post by LuigiVampa:
Carlo_Carrera (02-13-2024), Mike Roblin (02-13-2024), skl (02-13-2024), thebishman (02-14-2024)
Old 02-13-2024, 06:48 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Here is the bright line test - if it was an inappropriate sexual relationship or advances I can see him having to leave in this day and age. If he was just "mean" than that's ridiculous - he gets some counseling and says "I need to do better" and goes on his way.

What I don't understand is why the Verstappen team wants him gone, as has been reported?!
The way I see it if this was a sexual harassment type situation Horner would be gone already.
The following users liked this post:
Mike Roblin (02-13-2024)
Old 02-13-2024, 06:55 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
The way I see it if this was a sexual harassment type situation Horner would be gone already.
To be honest, I think it has to be something like sexual harassment, otherwise it would have blown over already. Just because he is married to Ginger Spice doesn't mean he isn't looking for a little something on the side.

The factual accounts of what happen are probably in dispute and Horner has enough clout to fight and keep his job.

Old 02-13-2024, 07:07 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,366 Likes on 1,993 Posts

This reminds me of a family Will being read after the patriarch has died, in this case Deitrich M. Everything, including, but not limited to succession plans were supposed to be in black and white with a smooth transition. Now the heirs are fighting over who is in control of what and which assets are supposed to be divided up.

If the lines are drawn between Max and Marko v. Christian and Newey it's going to be an ugly split. If I'm Ferrari, I'm jumping all over that as Newey will either retire or have one last hurrah and who benefits....... Lewis Hamilton....
Old 02-13-2024, 08:01 PM
Norge911
Rennlist Member

Received 576 Likes on 384 Posts

So F1 can have their fan teams win, ie Ferrari or Mercedes.
Old 02-13-2024, 08:12 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 438 Likes on 223 Posts

I think whatever happened will just end with a public apology from CH and then everyone carries on business as usual. He's way too important to be swept away.
The following 2 users liked this post by Coochas:
LuigiVampa (02-14-2024), Mike Roblin (02-13-2024)

Quick Reply: Formula 1 - 2024 Season