Sponsored by:

CGT Prices

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 04:55 AM
LA Brit
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NYC123
I don't think there has been a dip or slowdown there just never was a real market at 800k... a market at 800k plus would imply many people were able to buy and sell at those prices.... just stories of 1 or 2 or 3 cars changing hands there does not make a market... a low mile car going from one dealer at 600k ask, to another at 700k ask, then going to antler dealer at 800k ask also does not make a market.. this is just games... yes the cars are strong and being appreciated but gimme a break half the people on these boards pumping cars like a CGT saying they are 800, 900, 1million Euros are brokers/dealers just trying to create hype so they can sell the cars they have on the market... the real CGT market is 500-700k depending on the details and miles etc... 1 million euros ? not a shot thats the market today or ever has been...

this same nonsense has been going on with may p cars past 12 months... smoke and mirrors...
Please PM me the cars / contacts for those vehicles - i am in the market.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:33 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by CGT000
No one better than you to establish a registry.
What are you waiting for??
Maybe in a few years - too busy and we all know the messenger gets shot.

For now this is the best one that's out there.

http://51768833.de.strato-hosting.eu..._registrye.htm
Old 05-28-2015, 08:38 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by LA Brit
Please PM me the cars / contacts for those vehicles - i am in the market.
I know of an owner that has a Red Silver Yellow Black - willing to sell black for 775 maybe slightly lower. Red and Yellow add $ all serviced extremely clean low miles.

If you are interested and would like his contact let me know.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:35 AM
LA Brit
Racer

I don't think there has been a dip or slowdown there just never was a real market at 800k... a market at 800k plus would imply many people were able to buy and sell at those prices.... just stories of 1 or 2 or 3 cars changing hands there does not make a market... a low mile car going from one dealer at 600k ask, to another at 700k ask, then going to antler dealer at 800k ask also does not make a market.. this is just games... yes the cars are strong and being appreciated but gimme a break half the people on these boards pumping cars like a CGT saying they are 800, 900, 1million Euros are brokers/dealers just trying to create hype so they can sell the cars they have on the market... the real CGT market is 500-700k depending on the details and miles etc... 1 million euros ? not a shot thats the market today or ever has been...

this same nonsense has been going on with may p cars past 12 months... smoke and mirrors...
Originally Posted by nuvolari612
I know of an owner that has a Red Silver Yellow Black - willing to sell black for 775 maybe slightly lower. Red and Yellow add $ all serviced extremely clean low miles.

If you are interested and would like his contact let me know.
I have spoken with the owner and those two vehicles are on my shortlist, however if the other poster has been offered cars with less or even similar mileage at 5-700k i'd be extremely interested.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:07 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

I have spoken with the owner and those two vehicles are on my shortlist, however if the other poster has been offered cars with less or even similar mileage at 5-700k i'd be extremely interested.
Here is the best I have seen for a long time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-Carr...m=261899519798
Old 05-28-2015, 10:17 AM
secretcollector
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I have followed this thread for a long time now. NYC123 has written the best words in the past day on the CGT market that you will find anywhere.

The reality, not they hype, is that other than a single delivery mileage car and a near delivery mileage PTS, there has not been a single sale (speaking only of the U.S. here) above $800,000. Lots of asking prices above this figure, lots of people willing to sell above this figure, but no real check writers. The majority of the huge upward movement in prices in late winter and early spring was the result of dealers buying from one another and subsequently raising prices at each new offering. That is a speculative market, not a retail market.

I'm not arguing against the greatness of the CGT - anyone can read my other posts over time in support of my feelings about the car; nor am I doubtful of how it will stand the test of time as a collector car; merely confirming what NYC123 has stated so well about the fact and (mostly) fiction of the market today.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:22 AM
LA Brit
Racer

Sounds fair.

I am selling my UK one shortly and buying a replacement in the states.

I'll specifically be looking for a black on red / terracotta with sub 5k on it so if anyone knows of one please contact me. If i struggle to find that combo i'll go for red.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:43 AM
achilles99
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My experience certainly doesn't dictate the market, but with my nearly 10k miles red CGT, I've had multiple offers in the mid $700's and two offers over $800k. Both offers over $800k are from the middle east. All offers were vetted to be real check writers.

I have to tell you... I was extremely tempted to sell. However, until a reasonable P1 comes up I will probably hold on to the CGT. Either my desire for a P1 will pass, or I'll take one of the offers that include a buyback option (ie, I have the option to buy my own car back within a certain period of time and for a certain price). Yes, I actually have a few buyback offers, which means that there are people out there who simply just want to experience the CGT and are real drivers, not speculators.

In a perfect world, I'd scratch the P1 itch, and come back to my CGT. Wish I could afford both... don't you feel sorry for me ?
Old 05-28-2015, 11:00 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by achilles99
My experience certainly doesn't dictate the market, but with my nearly 10k miles red CGT, I've had multiple offers in the mid $700's and two offers over $800k. Both offers over $800k are from the middle east. All offers were vetted to be real check writers.

I have to tell you... I was extremely tempted to sell. However, until a reasonable P1 comes up I will probably hold on to the CGT. Either my desire for a P1 will pass, or I'll take one of the offers that include a buyback option (ie, I have the option to buy my own car back within a certain period of time and for a certain price). Yes, I actually have a few buyback offers, which means that there are people out there who simply just want to experience the CGT and are real drivers, not speculators.

In a perfect world, I'd scratch the P1 itch, and come back to my CGT. Wish I could afford both... don't you feel sorry for me ?
I know of buyers and owners that made / were offered equal numbers.

The white CGT here received offers in the mid 9's - turned them down.

Then you have the Floyd M CGT - I am sure it went very close to 1m +-.

Fact of the matter is - there are very nice examples 04's trading right at 7.

There are also other deals that few know about where CGT's are trading hands in the 8's in the US.

The question is - how many one owner colored cars are out there. Personally would not touch a two owner car let alone 5 6 7.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:59 AM
LA Brit
Racer

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
I know of buyers and owners that made / were offered equal numbers.

The white CGT here received offers in the mid 9's - turned them down.

Then you have the Floyd M CGT - I am sure it went very close to 1m +-.

Fact of the matter is - there are very nice examples 04's trading right at 7.

There are also other deals that few know about where CGT's are trading hands in the 8's in the US.

The question is - how many one owner colored cars are out there. Personally would not touch a two owner car let alone 5 6 7.
I am likely to buy a car with a light interior (hate black) and paint / wrap the car if i can't find a combo i like. It's very easy as all the panels come off - Porsche Reading charge around £8k or so for a full change.

Personally a 2-3 owner car wouldn't bother me as long as the service history is strong.

I would bring my baby over but it would be subject to 2.5% import tax, gas guzzler tax and would then have to be brought into conformity with US bumpers, emmissions etc - god knows how much that would all cost - at least $70k including shipping, insurance, duty, bumpers etc.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:43 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

I am likely to buy a car with a light interior (hate black) and paint / wrap the car if i can't find a combo i like. It's very easy as all the panels come off - Porsche Reading charge around £8k or so for a full change.

Personally a 2-3 owner car wouldn't bother me as long as the service history is strong.

I would bring my baby over but it would be subject to 2.5% import tax, gas guzzler tax and would then have to be brought into conformity with US bumpers, emmissions etc - god knows how much that would all cost - at least $70k including shipping, insurance, duty, bumpers etc.
I think your spot on with the wrap - since it's not my money Gulf Blue.

Good luck with the hunt.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:16 PM
achilles99
Instructor

Damn Nuvolari, now I'm thinking about wrapping mine in Gulf Colors... anyone good at photoshop ?

EDIT:

Here it is: http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/73...dc0fe0ba61.jpg
Old 05-28-2015, 04:49 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by achilles99
Damn Nuvolari, now I'm thinking about wrapping mine in Gulf Colors... anyone good at photoshop ?

EDIT:

Here it is: http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/73...dc0fe0ba61.jpg
I never tire of Gulf Blue especially with yellow calipers - in case your feel a lil less than Steve Mcqueen.

Old 05-29-2015, 12:26 AM
cnpapa24
Advanced

but as I said been offered several past 5-6 weeks looking for 700k all super low mile cars... where does this talk of 1million Euros come from ? seems pretty far fetched....
Same here. Some under $700k.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:59 AM
Plastique999
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Elite auto has this black one for $700k, 1500 miles

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111681057841

Quick Reply: CGT Prices