Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 10:21 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,374 Likes on 635 Posts

Originally Posted by SinVodka
New to this forum and I see that there seems to be a lot of knowledge out there about the cars on the market. I am currently looking at 2 cars and am wondering if anyone has an "Insider" or history on these three………… I'm about to pull the trigger on one of them and I'd like a little advice. All low 6 buy price Also if anyone has any leads on a car for a 600-625k buy price I'm actively looking and ready to pull a trigger http://www.texashotrides.com/2005-Po...75001/5932741/ http://www.texashotrides.com/2005-Po...75001/5932741/ http://www.porschewestbroward.com/de...-14955957.html I am leaning toward Porsche broward car because it comes from the dealer and has plenty of service records.
I'm currently sitting on 5 cars from 2500-30,000 miles.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:43 AM
SinVodka
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Send me what you got brother.
Old 09-15-2016, 11:12 AM
Ak3249
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RufMD
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...37066637&Log=0

This red one at Empire Exotic Motors has been for sale for some time. Originally at Symbolic, then on to Empire Exotics in TX. Price reduced again to 629k ask with 10k miles. Has some issues as far as I know, one of the cam lobes is chipped and while it may not affect performance it will have to be addressed at some point. Also has an after market "robrata" suspension...not sure what that does to handling and CGT suspension is not something I would jump in to modify.

Was briefly interested in it but I think there is some significant money to be spent on it to make it 100%. Where do you think this one finally sells ?

I'm looking for a nice one if anyone has any good leads.

This car also doesn't have its orig bumper, as you can see. No reflectors.
Old 09-15-2016, 12:07 PM
RufMD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ak3249
This car also doesn't have its orig bumper, as you can see. No reflectors.

correct, when it was at Symbolic it had a bumper with a screwed in metal bracket (must have been a license plate holder). I guess they swapped it out.
Old 09-15-2016, 12:33 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by kkswow12
what, please, are 'airport gears'?sounds like fun in a straight line...
911 gear set optimized for Sebring race performance.
Old 09-15-2016, 11:39 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Great to see real buyers and sellers - good luck!
Old 09-16-2016, 12:01 AM
SinVodka
Intermediate

I spent the day crossing the country from Dallas to Ft Lauderdale in Search of a "nice" driver car. Everything I saw in Dallas was a complete bust. The GTs at the dealers there are really really rough. From paint issues, to chipped and cracked carbon fiber, to what looked like corrosion they were not worth looking at even if they discounted them 100k.

The only nice one I saw was Porsche of West Broward. Mechanically it had been thoroughly gone through. The car had some small issues (paint chip drivers door, curb rash rear passenger wheel and missing luggage set) but it was relatively nice and had a very nice interior I would say a good 8k plus mileage car but not perfect. The price is way to high for the cars mileage and quality though which just made me walk away from what I would have bought as a driver car.
Old 09-16-2016, 05:03 AM
Notmelo
Instructor

SinVodka: you need to expand your horizon and come to CA. I am the original owner of a silver/terra cotta interior 2004. Under 10,000, no accidents, no stories, original clutch. Will sell to the right home for $775,000; luggage included.
Old 09-16-2016, 08:32 AM
SinVodka
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Notmelo
SinVodka: you need to expand your horizon and come to CA. I am the original owner of a silver/terra cotta interior 2004. Under 10,000, no accidents, no stories, original clutch. Will sell to the right home for $775,000; luggage included.

In all honesty and no offense but 775 is a astronomical number for miles and original clutch brother. The market is about 200k lower on cars with those miles and clutch. 8k mile cars with new clutch and all major services are averaging 600k from dealers. I actually did a cross country trip from Dallas to Ft Lauderdale to see three. Although the one from Porsche Broward was a really nice car I didn't pull the trigger because at 8100 miles I would be at a higher retail number at low 600s.
Old 09-16-2016, 08:45 AM
cgt04115
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

In all honesty and no offense but 775 is a astronomical number for miles and original clutch brother. The market is about 200k lower on cars with those miles and clutch. 8k mile cars with new clutch and all major services are averaging 600k from dealers. I actually did a cross country trip from Dallas to Ft Lauderdale to see three. Although the one from Porsche Broward was a really nice car I didn't pull the trigger because at 8100 miles I would be at a higher retail number at low 600s.
Then you may have to settle for what's on the market, not a private sale...... And the car will have issues if in the 600k range. NO doubts.

Original clutch scares you? It's all about how it measures. If driven correctly it will last 40-50k. I look at a new clutch on a car with 10k or less that the driver was just bad and burned it out. A nice car not at a dealer will cost you. Otherwise you may be doin a few more trips cross country in hope to pick a good one off.

Like all cars, the best trade private at premiums. Good luck, they are fantastic and hopefully you find what your looking for.

Looks like CGT buyers shorted the stock to 600k but they are getting sub optimal examples at that level.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:23 AM
SinVodka
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cgt04115
Then you may have to settle for what's on the market, not a private sale...... And the car will have issues if in the 600k range. NO doubts. Original clutch scares you? It's all about how it measures. If driven correctly it will last 40-50k. I look at a new clutch on a car with 10k or less that the driver was just bad and burned it out. A nice car not at a dealer will cost you. Otherwise you may be doin a few more trips cross country in hope to pick a good one off. Like all cars, the best trade private at premiums. Good luck, they are fantastic and hopefully you find what your looking for. Looks like CGT buyers shorted the stock to 600k but they are getting sub optimal examples at that level.
You have to know The auction prices and real numbers just don't support close to 775k at 10k mile car. If you look back at the posts on this thread and current auction prices I think you will see I'm correct. I wish all my cars were double what they are worth but I can't make that happen just by wishing. The market decided that. Honestly you can get many examples with 2k miles at that price and that's paying retail.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:37 AM
Me&You
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

You have to know The auction prices and real numbers just don't support close to 775k at 10k mile car. If you look back at the posts on this thread and current auction prices I think you will see I'm correct. I wish all my cars were double what they are worth but I can't make that happen just by wishing. The market decided that. Honestly you can get many examples with 2k miles at that price and that's paying retail.
+1.

CGT04115 does make a good point about the clutch and getting what you pay for (and no offense to him; I'm sure his car is stunning), but when Marshall Goldman is asking less for a 2005 with 1900 miles, you might be asking too much!
Old 09-16-2016, 11:03 AM
cgt04115
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Never did I say a cgt with 10K miles at $775k is market correct, nor would I.

It looks like buyers are very very picky on the dealer cars available. Theres a low mile car that went at auction to a east coast dealer. I thought about picking it up until I asked around. Seems to be a theme. I for one do not look at auction cars as a good placeholder for CGT's. Seems like every single one had issues. In todays market only good cars sell, any make any variant. The questionable ones trade low, or in most cases not at all then they wind up in Auctions. Theres usually a reason they made it there......

Good cars are harder to find today in whats perceived as a slowing market, which it is. But the thing I keep hearing and seeing is that the cars being offered are not of high standards.

I still believe in the long run any one of these cars at todays prices are deals. As a poster above mentioned, you get what you pay for. 600K or less, and youll find the bottom end cars. The one thing to remember when buying a high dollar car is to pay up for a good car and it will serve you best over time.

Miles on a CGT should be less relevant than other production cars IMHO. They are so finely tuned that NOT driving them seriously hurts them and they are expensive to rectify. Just my opinion but experience shows this to be true.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:13 AM
go-ran
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

SinVodka,

Help me understand this correctly..

You said you passed on every car you saw. And you are judging the market on these cars. Something doesnt add up here. You also state that a car with an original clutch at 8k needs a new one? I am far and i mean far from being able to purchase a CGT, it is my dream car and one day i hope to have one. But you cant put a original owner car with proper service records in the same pool as a 3-4 owner car.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:29 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban

Your doing it right CJ. These cars are going nowhere but up.

Quick Reply: CGT Prices