Sponsored by:

CGT Prices

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 11:52 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by vintage356
I am reading all the CGT pricing posts of yours , no offense but you seem way too obsessed with trying to come up with a reason/excuse that every car priced under 600k is too low has a story.. Seems like you are trying to keep the market up with excuses. Don't bother you have a wonderful machine just go drive it and don't worry if cars are trading at 700, 600,500, 400 or 300. Just have fun
I have fun been looking for a second CGT.

Asked days ago where the Silver one was at hopefully it's shared.

Hobby not a profit loss center like to think I assisted a few members buy CGT's.

Thanks for the advice - last thing concerned about is the value of my cars ...

Last edited by nuvolari612; 09-30-2016 at 12:47 AM.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:54 PM
Allan-BilletDesign
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
You are wrong - been looking to pick up a second CGT not sell mine simply don't see the ones that others are seeing.

Asked days ago where the Silver one was at - hopefully it will be shared.

If I was concerned about 50 100 200 or 300k the last thing I would own is a whole bunch of cars let alone adding another 6 car garage it's a hobby not a profit loss center.
Since you seem condescending.. Do your own research...
Old 09-30-2016, 12:19 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by Allan-BilletDesign
Since you seem condescending.. Do your own research...
I just asked a question that you choose not to answer.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:28 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by smokeygt
CJ, I could not have said it better. Premium cars bring a premium price, so-so cars bring a so-so price. I'm kind of like Nuvo, one should be a little more leery of lower priced ones.
Agree with you guys but I am also not seeing the cars being claimed.

Two new owners here both bought top examples.

Last edited by nuvolari612; 09-30-2016 at 12:47 AM.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:54 PM
Me&You
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
I just asked a question that you choose not to answer.
Are you surprised that someone that's "looking", but still not pulling the trigger on the lowest priced cars on the market is evasive when asked for answers about these deals no one else is able to find? Or can't substantiate a selling price on a car that was widely known to be for sale (and generating legitimate interest) for significantly more money than he claims?
Old 09-30-2016, 04:13 PM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Money sure does bring out the worst in a lot of people. Just look at how many on this thread are talking down to each other and arguing over 5%!

We can all agree CGTs had a huge increase in value last year and lost most of it this year. Let's agree to disagree on the last $25k.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:47 PM
Me&You
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CHADW
Money sure does bring out the worst in a lot of people. Just look at how many on this thread are talking down to each other and arguing over 5%!

We can all agree CGTs had a huge increase in value last year and lost most of it this year. Let's agree to disagree on the last $25k.
Normally I'd agree to disagree on the last $25k, as pricing discussions have been way too pervasive lately.

However, this is the "CGT Prices" thread! The entire point is to, you know, speak factually and share (real) information...
Old 10-01-2016, 09:44 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by Me&You
Are you surprised that someone that's "looking", but still not pulling the trigger on the lowest priced cars on the market is evasive when asked for answers about these deals no one else is able to find? Or can't substantiate a selling price on a car that was widely known to be for sale (and generating legitimate interest) for significantly more money than he claims?
Evasive.

Premise of this thread - assist buyers / sellers.

Everyone can justify anything but these are 12 year old cars with a 500k swing based on color miles and condition that's going to cause some rub more so if it's based on fiction.
Old 10-01-2016, 11:46 AM
speef
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Me&You
And a nice $50k profit for Naples in 4 weeks - https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/23425/lot/5/
correct ... and a nice profit for the guy who sold it to the Naples guy don't forget ...

from where I'm sitting, anything that appreciates over 25% a year (which is about what CGTs ran last 4 years) should raise a bit of a question... I know I know, unique and desirable and all the rest of it... with 10 year treasuries under 2% and with having to take a lot of risk to get even 6% returns, 25% is not a sure bet is my point, no matter what assets you are looking at ... calm down guys ... market my a$$... these are $400k-$500k assets tops, anything above that is greater fool premium...
Old 10-01-2016, 01:28 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

^^^^
This
Old 10-01-2016, 01:52 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by speef
correct ... and a nice profit for the guy who sold it to the Naples guy don't forget ...

from where I'm sitting, anything that appreciates over 25% a year (which is about what CGTs ran last 4 years) should raise a bit of a question... I know I know, unique and desirable and all the rest of it... with 10 year treasuries under 2% and with having to take a lot of risk to get even 6% returns, 25% is not a sure bet is my point, no matter what assets you are looking at ... calm down guys ... market my a$$... these are $400k-$500k assets tops, anything above that is greater fool premium...
Where are you sitting - let me guess at a monitor watching others play with your money and it's under performing so you yell at the computer by posting your value of the CGT.

I think it's time for me to stop checking this thread.
Old 10-01-2016, 02:14 PM
cgt04115
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Wow what are these, stocks??

WTF are you even talking about? Its a car, people pay what they want to pay for it. After all they step up to the plate and you clearly have not.

How are they fools for paying 600-700 for prime examples? Have you driven one, have you owned one? Do you understand what a CGT really represents in the history of sports cars? Your post stinks of Jealousy.......

New they were 500K out the door and add maintenance/carry costs. I think its been the least appreciated special car over this recent run in values. It just returned to baseline with the better examples getting back carry costs over 12 years.

Too young to be considered truly classic for now, but its already a legend. Looks really cheap to me for what you get relative to its peers. People will restore these one day and I bet that alone will cost what a poorer example brings today.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:41 PM
speef
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 46 Posts

calm down guys... it's a car... yes not stocks, but it is an asset... I did own a CGT but sold it (admittedly too early), but I own several other exotics and collectables and they have appreciated as much as a CGT a year, and in my view, for no good reason other than the zeal for yield due to a very low federal funds rate... yes, it's very special... I'm just saying the price appreciation is not justified, even for many of my cars, and although I am the beneficiary of it, i just don't think it's sustainable... assets are assets, demand supply, and in this case emotion... and sounds like lots of confirmation bias... classic car values have outperformed all other asset categories since 2011... can you explain this to me? 911R ... $185k out the gate, quickly ramped to $500k and trading hands near or over $1m in just a few months... are you telling me the 911R is a better car than the CGT... ? it's a GT3 with a manual tranny and 100 lbs less... you can get 2 CGTs for the price of an 911R according to this... it's a 991 for pete's sake...

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/07/22/p...cket-official/

this says that a) there's an asset bubble and b) although on a relative scale a CGT is a far better deal than the 911R, asset bubbles tend to inflate all similar assets... and the classic signs of a bubble is people's rationalization for why it's not... but I digress...
Old 10-01-2016, 04:57 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

calm down guys... it's a car... yes not stocks, but it is an asset... I did own a CGT but sold it (admittedly too early), but I own several other exotics and collectables and they have appreciated as much as a CGT a year, and in my view, for no good reason other than the zeal for yield due to a very low federal funds rate... yes, it's very special... I'm just saying the price appreciation is not justified, even for many of my cars, and although I am the beneficiary of it, i just don't think it's sustainable... assets are assets, demand supply, and in this case emotion... and sounds like lots of confirmation bias... classic car values have outperformed all other asset categories since 2011... can you explain this to me? 911R ... $185k out the gate, quickly ramped to $500k and trading hands near or over $1m in just a few months... are you telling me the 911R is a better car than the CGT... ? it's a GT3 with a manual tranny and 100 lbs less... you can get 2 CGTs for the price of an 911R according to this... it's a 991 for pete's sake...

this says that a) there's an asset bubble and b) although on a relative scale a CGT is a far better deal than the 911R, asset bubbles tend to inflate all similar assets... and the classic signs of a bubble is people's rationalization for why it's not... but I digress...

Since 2011 - people realized life isn't about their paper net worth inasmuch their happiness.

Stock broker phone calls and paper or a set of keys ... we see what you chose and how did that work out

All kidding aside - it's not an investment and once you treat it like one it becomes work.
Old 10-01-2016, 05:00 PM
cgt04115
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Anyone with a brain can see the 911's are in a bubble so I will give you that. Its not new news at all my man and it underscores EXACTLY why a CGT is not in that category of a bubble valuation.

Moving on, values aside, your now talking thirst for yeild!!?!?!?!

Last time I checked, my car didnt spit change out its *** while I was driving. If you want to talk about rates and yields cars are not analogous, at all. No one looking to buy something with yield turns to a freaking car dude. It may correlate on the basis of risk appetite for some but not most at this level, and certainly not a substitute for yield. The value of money goes down over time thats a fact, hard assets over time do well if its the right asset.

These dudes are rich. Its a toy and they would rather have a portion of their assets in a "store of value" thats tactile, and portable. Its not about the car continuing to appreciate at those levels. Some cars a true collectibles others get bid up like stupid 911 variants in a run up.

What collectible cars do you currently have?

Quick Reply: CGT Prices