Sponsored by:

CGT Prices

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 12:23 AM
smokeygt
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Owner history service records paint luggage - talk to prior mechanic or one that knows CGT's.
These threads offers plenty of information - only common theme is waiting too long or selling too soon.
Yet to hear one person say they sold their CGT and replaced it with X that's happier - Porsche built an F1 V10 Roadster - one time.
Luggage? Mine came with 4 paper grocery bags, 1 ziplock baggie and a shoe box. I think they are original and a rare option. I have yet to see another car with them. My clothes would fit nicely but I don't want to use them. (trying to keep them pristine you know) I'm looking for replacements but my state has outlawed plastic grocery bags. Bummer.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:06 AM
RS Clubsport
Pro

Received 364 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by heshalosny
I know of a 2005 model (Silver/Ascot) with less than 1500km for around 649K Euros (in Nederland), if you are not yet settled on the one you've mentioned.
Can you pm me details? Know someone in the UK looking. Thanks.
Old 04-29-2020, 10:24 AM
E-Man
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeygt
Luggage? Mine came with 4 paper grocery bags, 1 ziplock baggie and a shoe box. I think they are original and a rare option. I have yet to see another car with them. My clothes would fit nicely but I don't want to use them. (trying to keep them pristine you know) I'm looking for replacements but my state has outlawed plastic grocery bags. Bummer.
Hahaha! Hilarious....
Must be one of those PTS cars?? Lucky guy.
Old 04-29-2020, 05:27 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeygt
Edited all kidding aside.

All original items adds to ownership experience. If buyer doesn't ask it's no surprise these items get pulled off and later placed on e-bay. Find it hard to believe someone suddenly found CGT collectibles years later as they keep popping up on e-bay.

Last edited by nuvolari612; 04-30-2020 at 11:35 AM.
The following users liked this post:
smokeygt (04-29-2020)
Old 04-30-2020, 09:54 PM
heshalosny
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RS Clubsport
Can you pm me details? Know someone in the UK looking. Thanks.
PM sent
Old 05-01-2020, 02:53 PM
PorscheGT4fanatic
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=heshalosny;16583952]I know of a 2005 model (Silver/Ascot) with less than 1500km (in Nederland), if you are not yet settled on the one you've mentioned.[/QUOT

Error

Last edited by PorscheGT4fanatic; 05-03-2020 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-01-2020, 11:09 PM
heshalosny
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Raff88
Good evening Sir.
can you send more details in P.m. please?
I’m really interested.
thanks.
your PM is closed
Old 05-02-2020, 12:39 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,051 Likes on 2,310 Posts

Not to be a debbie downer or wet blanket, but CGT prices are heading lower (as well as other expensive cars) as we fall further into recession. Prices won't go down overnight, it'll take 6-12 months for real price declines to take hold (car prices don't move like shock prices, more like turning a tanker ship). There's no "V" shaped recovery coming, it'll be a slow "U" shape with a lot of damage that will take years to fix. Not only do you have the high unemployment and small businesses going BK, but you also have more corporate layoffs coming as well as salary cuts for the folks that remain for many companies. There is ZERO risk of prices increasing by waiting until 2021 or 2022 to buy a CGT and a very high probability of price declines.
Old 05-02-2020, 01:03 AM
ewright
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Not to be a debbie downer or wet blanket, but CGT prices are heading lower (as well as other expensive cars) as we fall further into recession. Prices won't go down overnight, it'll take 6-12 months for real price declines to take hold (car prices don't move like shock prices, more like turning a tanker ship). There's no "V" shaped recovery coming, it'll be a slow "U" shape with a lot of damage that will take years to fix. Not only do you have the high unemployment and small businesses going BK, but you also have more corporate layoffs coming as well as salary cuts for the folks that remain for many companies. There is ZERO risk of prices increasing by waiting until 2021 or 2022 to buy a CGT and a very high probability of price declines.
Martin: while I think this is generally true, I am curious how the different segments of the market will be affected. The mass produced exotics which the manufacturers have been cranking out by the thousands will certainly suffer as there was already a bit fo a glut of supply with newer/faster models released at ever shorter intervals, but for something more exclusive like the CGT I would guess that values will be somewhat more resilient. Purely speculation on my part, but I guess time will tell...

Ernest
Old 05-02-2020, 03:49 PM
PorscheGT4fanatic
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's great.

Last edited by PorscheGT4fanatic; 05-03-2020 at 07:27 AM.
Old 05-02-2020, 07:59 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,051 Likes on 2,310 Posts

Originally Posted by ewright
Martin: while I think this is generally true, I am curious how the different segments of the market will be affected. The mass produced exotics which the manufacturers have been cranking out by the thousands will certainly suffer as there was already a bit fo a glut of supply with newer/faster models released at ever shorter intervals, but for something more exclusive like the CGT I would guess that values will be somewhat more resilient. Purely speculation on my part, but I guess time will tell...

Ernest
I totally agree with you Ernest, I think more mass produced cars like McLaren, Ferrari, and Lambo will get crushed by 50% or more. More rare cars like the CGT won't fall as much. I think CGT prices could easily go down by 10-20% by the next 6-12 months. If the recession is longer than deeper then that could go up to 20-25%.
ewright (05-03-2020)
Old 05-02-2020, 10:39 PM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Received 113 Likes on 63 Posts

I totally agree with you Ernest, I think more mass produced cars like McLaren, Ferrari, and Lambo will get crushed by 50% or more. More rare cars like the CGT won't fall as much. I think CGT prices could easily go down by 10-20% by the next 6-12 months. If the recession is longer than deeper then that could go up to 20-25%.
With all due respect, most owners of super cars are financially strong not to be forced to sell. There might a few here and there but you will probably see the availability of cgt and similar cars would shrink.
Old 05-03-2020, 02:26 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,102 Likes on 546 Posts

Martin, So, are you saying that if we stay in a prolonged recession, that the price of most assets have a higher chance of going down than up? Setting aside the ZERO chance comment, I think most all of us can agree with you on your thoughts that in a prolonged recession, prices of most things don’t typically don’t go up; CGT no exception.

You are/were on the hunt for a CGT. I would assume if CGT prices come off, that you pull the trigger (assuming this prolonged recession doesn’t disproportionately hit you personally). Question(s) for you: If prices DO buck your ZERO-chance appreciation prediction, would you still buy higher than you could today or do you just forever miss the CGT ownership thing at that point? Can you take-it-or-leave-it or do you NEED to own the most insane car to ever roll off a Porsche assembly line at some point in your life? I’m somewhat interested in this because I have a similar but different predicament on an upcoming purchase. For the first time in my adult life, I don’t own a house. I had to move around A LOT the last 3+ years; so, we’ve been renting. However, if I’m honest with myself, I know I’m going to buy a house sometime in the next couple of years, whether prices are higher or lower. Maybe, somehow, I perfectly thread the needle where “I” feel good/decent about my future but the real estate market is a buyer’s market. In reality, if real-estate is tanking, most of our futures are probably looking worse also. So, who knows, it’s making my head hurt think about it.

Hey, in some ways, you are at least partially hedged: you bought a 4.0 not too long ago and probably have another P-gt toy or two here/there? Those probably correlate fairly well with the CGT market. I’m pretty much naked short on the house thing (whether intentional or not). I might be splitting time between a cardboard box and my CGT at some point? At least I have my priorities straight!

Here’s hoping you catch a pull-back in CGT market, I get a good deal on a house and we all pull out of this better than ever. I spent 5 hours in my long-hood yesterday. I’m hoping for a similar chunk of time in my CGT this week. There is nothing like social distancing in a CGT. Maybe I should try to sell it now and buy cheaper later, but I’d spend MORE in shrink bills w/out the GT therapy and have a lot less fun. Good luck.
The following 3 users liked this post by Jrtaylor9:
AlexCeres (05-04-2020), FLGT (05-03-2020), LAMBO_JESUS (05-05-2020)
Old 05-03-2020, 05:05 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by CGT000
With all due respect, most owners of super cars are financially strong not to be forced to sell. There might a few here and there but you will probably see the availability of cgt and similar cars would shrink.
SVJ700k Pista550k Ford GTV6TT etc great cars but expect those to drop from current regardless of virus or anything else.
As time goes - guys usually move away from new and collect proven cars and the CGT is certainly one of those with high demand.
CGT should be back Monday with the GMG - can not wait to drive it.

Last edited by nuvolari612; 05-03-2020 at 06:29 PM.
CGT000 (05-03-2020)
Old 05-03-2020, 10:03 PM
Misplacedyankee
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

This is not your average recession. The people getting hurt badly in this event are not shopping for CGTs. I agree it will hurt the supercar market in general as there has been so many buying every ferrari they can put out or Maclaren. In Dallas is the land of the 40K a year millionaire. People go out of their way to stretch and buy these cars. That will stop and it will hammer that market. I have been on the hunt for a CGT for a while. I think it will stay flat for a bit, but if I was to find the right one it will still have a premium.

On a side note I did pause on my Pista order a while back - at some point I figured just buying the latest car Ferrari put out was not a good plan. I am focused now on any good rare MT I can find and hold. Only oddball car that tempts me is the new Tesla roadster. Rather buy a 997 GT3 4.0 with my money though.
E-Man (05-04-2020)

Quick Reply: CGT Prices