Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 07:10 PM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Received 406 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by the2thdr
Cross shopping (this will sound weird) a 991.2 C4GTS vs a Panamera 4 hybrid. I was hoping that someone in this forum could comment on the following things: Does anyone have the massaging seats? Did you compare them against the 18way? I did that there isn't much information, whether on YouTube or the internet in general, on those seats and whether they are that crazy good that you would give up the side bolstering of the 18ways. We just bought a Macan GTS with 14 ways, and I really regret not getting the 18's.

Also, can anyone comment on the Sport Exhaust system and how it sounds? Does it sound remotely like the Panamera Turbo does in spite of not having a V8?

Do you ever feel yourself wanting for more power? Like wishing that you had bough the Turbo?

This last question may be odd, but compared to your usual driving and refuelling habits that you had with you previous car prior to the Panamera Hybrid, how much lower is your monthly fuel bill?

Thanks is advance!
I came from a 991.2 GT3, a 991.1 C4S, and a 981 Cayman S.

Acceleration is similar to my 991.1 C4S. It's plenty fast for road driving. The push to pass button is a blast, and makes it feel really fast when you want it too.

Mine has the sport exhaust which sounds great. Just loud enough when turned on, it makes pops on the downshift, and has a nice grumble at idle. When turned off the car is extremely quiet which is perfect for road trips.

I have 14 way seats without the massaging. My wife's XC90 has massaging seats which are nice for very long road trips, but I'm not sure they are worth the money. It's not like it's an intense massage or anything. Basically it varies the pressure points on your back and butt so it doesn't get as sore.

My monthly fuel bill is going to be close to zero. I'm guessing I will fill up the car once every second or third month. Im able to drive to work and only use about 0.1-0.2 gallons a day. I've put over 600 miles on my car and still have over half a tank of gas which included a 150 mike road trip. I also have a grid tie solar system on my house which was sized for have two electric cars so my electric bill is near zero as well.

It's not as exciting as my other past Porsche's, but it's a much better daily driver and all around car. I traded in my daily driver (a Mini Cooper) at the same time so I scaled back a bit (two cars down to one). I have three young kids which can all fit in the ST so I'm driving much more than my other Porsche's. So far I have no regrets. It's a pretty incredible ride and one of the best looking cars on the road.

Good luck!
Old 08-05-2018, 02:23 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by louver
Here's an update on an old and long saga about the Check Engine Light.

I have just picked up our 2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid from the service department, and we all hope and believe that a persistent problem is finally solved. They found that a coolant hose for the hybrid system was twisted, apparently a manufacturing problem. The twist limited the flow of coolant but did not stop it altogether, presumably accounting for the intermittent nature of the CEL symptom. The reason this hose was not identified earlier was that it could be seen only after the rear bumper had been removed.

Our car was in the service department on three different occasions, for periods of two weeks, two weeks and four weeks. This was two months altogether on a car we have owned for only four months total. We were about ready to give up hope on repairs and pursue other remedies when they finally pinpointed the hose problem. During the first two service visits there were trial-and-error attempts, i.e., let's try this and see if it works. But the third time there was an obvious defect found. So hope springs back to life.

The good news is that in driving the car home today I was reminded once again how much fun it is to drive and how beautiful it is. We were without the car for such long periods that it has been almost like getting a new car four times over. But okay, that's enough already.
So I just took my car in to see if they could help solve my Homelink problem. They kept it over the weekend because of two "campaigns" that have been issued by Porsche. One has to do with the PASM causing a check engine light and the other has to do with the coolant hose issue you mentioned in your post. Apparently it is something they now want checked on all 2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrids regardless of whether there has been a problem or not. I haven't had any issues other than my Homelink but I guess its a good idea to have the inspections/corrections done anyway. Hate being without my car.
Old 08-05-2018, 03:32 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

I also have had a huge drop in visits to gas stations with my Pan4 ST E-Hybrid. Once every 3 weeks or so, vs. once a week with my old ICE-only Panamera 4. And on long-distance drives, I'm getting 28-29 mpg with the E-Hybrid (where I don't plug in at all), vs. around 23-25 mpg on such drives with the non-hybrid 2015 Panamera 4. I'd never go back to an ICE-only Panamera, simply because the new E-Hybrids are way more fun and interesting. Can't wait for the Mission E to come out, and variants after the Taycan like the Cross Turismo.

Regarding Homelink, my dealer suggested that I call the toll-free Homelink number, and they walked me through the same steps I'd tried before, with one exception (holding the garage-door-opener remote under the overhead buttons in the car for two seconds, then releasing two seconds, then holding two seconds, repeatedly -- to no avail; he said that that works for some people). So after a lengthy call with Homelink, the only suggestion he could offer was to replace the batteries in my remote because he says it takes a lot of power in programming -- though we replaced the batteries not long ago and it doesn't have a problem opening and closing the garage, ever; nonetheless, when I get some time, I'll replace the batteries and try again (my apathy stems from a feeling that this is a Porsche problem and not a battery problem). I'm just getting used to having the opener remote clipped to my sun visor as in the past -- no huge deal, and certainly not worth having the dealership going on a fishing expedition in the car that will take lots of time.
Old 08-05-2018, 04:40 PM
bosch
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can anyone please help ID these fuses on the passenger side

I'm trying to tap into the fuse panel to hardwire a dashcam and wireless phone charger. I looked at the manual and they don't correspond to what I have. I have 2018 Panamera 4 E-hybrid in Canada. Can anyone tell me what each fuse does? Thanks.
Old 08-05-2018, 05:01 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is a link for the 2017 user manual that describes the fuses in each fuse box. Hope this helps.
http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...use-assignment
Old 08-05-2018, 08:21 PM
bosch
Advanced

Originally Posted by Pana TJ
This is a link for the 2017 user manual that describes the fuses in each fuse box. Hope this helps.
http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...use-assignment
Thanks. I saw that and looked in my manual. It says the same but as you can see in my picture. I don't have three rows of fuses and there are missing fuses where it says there should be ones. There are no fuse amp numbers to try to coordinate.
Old 08-05-2018, 08:49 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bosch

Thanks. I saw that and looked in my manual. It says the same but as you can see in my picture. I don't have three rows of fuses and there are missing fuses where it says there should be ones. There are no fuse amp numbers to try to coordinate.
I see your dilemma!! That sort of Sucks. Why should such a simple thing like a fuse map be so difficult? I would think they would be mapped out on the fuse box cover, but I guess not. Let's hope someone has the resource to share how things match up. Good luck.
Old 08-05-2018, 10:50 PM
jnolan
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

I’d be really cautious about wiring into the fuse box. Have you considered tapping into power through your mirror?

https://www.mirrortap.com/

Originally Posted by bosch
I'm trying to tap into the fuse panel to hardwire a dashcam and wireless phone charger. I looked at the manual and they don't correspond to what I have. I have 2018 Panamera 4 E-hybrid in Canada. Can anyone tell me what each fuse does? Thanks.
Old 08-06-2018, 02:34 AM
bosch
Advanced

Originally Posted by jnolan
I’d be really cautious about wiring into the fuse box. Have you considered tapping into power through your mirror?

https://www.mirrortap.com/

Thanks. I bought these blade fuse taps. They have a built in regulator and fuse. Looks pretty safe. It converts 12v to 5v so it can power USB devices.
Old 08-06-2018, 06:24 AM
Alphapapa
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newcomer to the forum - help please

Hi, I have an April 2018 Panamera 4 E hybrid. I see from earlier threads that we all go through similar experiences! I am currently troubled by my E Mode experience. I do a lot of urban driving in E mode. Without putting undue pressure on the accelerator all is well. However, if I have to make a swift manoeuvre and the combustion engine kicks in (I'm aware of the detector in the accelerator pedal), then it remains running for a good 2-3 + miles before shutting down and reverting to full e mode, even if I revert to the preceding modest urban drinking behaviour. Do others of you have problems with the combustion engine continuing to run when in full e Mode or do I have a Friday the 13th Car from the production line?
Old 08-06-2018, 06:31 AM
rsyed
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

i have the same issue but I don't think it is an issue. It is normal that when the engine is cold, the car decides to warm up the engine before shutting it off again. Make sense because you dont want the cold engine to go on and off too often.
Old 08-06-2018, 06:42 AM
Alphapapa
4th Gear

I'm extremely grateful for your response. I had my suspicions that this might be the case although a sample of 2 of us doesn't fully validate it. (smilies icons don't appear to work for me on this site! . It will be interesting to see if a larger community response further affirms things.
Old 08-06-2018, 06:43 AM
rsyed
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

i can confirm for a 3rd car which is also in my company :-)
Old 08-06-2018, 06:51 AM
Alphapapa
4th Gear

���� Thanks
Old 08-06-2018, 09:23 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah its normal, what you should also see is that once the engines on it seems to stay about 1200 revs even if you are accelerating gently - so the combustion engine is just idling and your still just using electric for the acceleration, kind of a weird sensation, not for long though.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread