Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2024, 04:24 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

The Vodafone communication system is **** poor. It takes ages to connect, even on good days when it decides it will come out to play. As often as not, it will not talk to the car. I have changed from the very expensive Porsche data supply first to a Vodafone SIM and more recently to an EE SIM with no improvements.

Wilson
The following users liked this post:
BertilDator (01-28-2024)
Old 01-21-2024, 05:58 AM
V10EHS
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Great insight into the Veyron - thank you for that.
More generally,I agree with the idea of a VW group failing. Recent Porsches are fabulous to drive, feel like a quality product, but are occasionally let down by some unforgivably poor "details" which drag the product down...
The (infamous) charge port on my '23 Hybrid Turbo S refused to close (in the same cold UK weather we're having) and the soft close doors stopped working. The My Porsche Apps communication with car is comedically unreliable as well. The comfort access boot buttons don't always work, and the ceramic brakes make an embarrassing clanging sound when the handbrake is engaged. All is fine, all is minor and the the car is 95% fantastic almost a year after I took delivery. But I'd expect things like this battery tender and other details to be sorted at this level. Compounded by the service/dealer networks indifferent approach to customers.

Old 01-21-2024, 08:54 AM
Black_on_black
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by V10EHS
The (infamous) charge port on my '23 Hybrid
I hope you are aware of the fix, right? I have thoroughly tested brother Wilson’s aluminum tape solution and it has never failed. I too live in a climate that wintertime hovers around the freezing point almost daily.
The following users liked this post:
V10EHS (03-02-2024)
Old 01-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Macjack
8th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Porsche connect problems

Originally Posted by servmitter
Having a tough time getting the My Porsche Vodaphone service to work on 2018 E-Hybrid. Only reason I'm interested is to use the remote preheat and cool feature. Vodaphone took over 2 months just to clear the previous owner's account. I've taken the new activation code to the dealer and they're running into snags when programming the code. Walnut Creek Porsche is nice enough to attempt this at no charge though. Anyone else have issues with this? Dealer has opened a ticket with Porsche and leaning toward replacing some module that handles the this remote connectivity.
I recently purchased my 2018 E-Hybrid and when giving the code to the dealer for initialization was surprised to hear from the dealer that the Porsche Connect system was “no longer supported” because it is a 3G system. I also want to use the preheat/cool system remotely. Are there successful ways to get this working?
Old 01-22-2024, 04:32 AM
Thebig1
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Wasn't there talk of an updated hardware to get them on 4G?
Old 01-22-2024, 02:41 PM
Brockoli64
AutoX

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Digital Manual?

Does anyone know if there is a digital version of the our manual available? I'd like to read it for fun, and to maybe find some gems,

2023 4S EH

I know there is the online tutorial kind of thing, but that isn't as thorough. And yes I have a paper manual. I'm looking for a digital copy of the paper manual, the full one.
Old 01-23-2024, 04:51 AM
Thebig1
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Have you looked at the one thats for your car in the my porsche phone app?
Old 01-30-2024, 06:58 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fellow 4 E-Hybrid drivers... I have been dealing with a very annoying problem with my 2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid (Executive edition) for some time now, probably 2 years. I will describe the symptoms as best i could. When I am in E-mode and climbing a sustained hill at relatively high speeds, the car will start to buck and jerk. It will continue to do this until I give the accelerator a bump and it kicks in the ICE. It is sometimes very dramatic to the point that it is scary, and you think the engine will fall out. Most of the time, the check engine light will come on for a period of time. I have always been very impressed with how the car transitions from electric to ICE without feeling a thing. When I drive short distances around time i will typically avoid the ICE and get the most out of my battery. But when gingerly driving up that long hill and avoiding the ICE kicking in I experience this bucking almost all the time, I had it in the shop several times. I even had it in when the check engine light was on. They never seem to register a code that matches my problem. They would drive it to try to recreate the problem but there are never hill long enough around the shop to make it happen. The problem seems to happen more regularly lately. I took it in to the shop 2 weeks ago. The tech said he was able to recreate the problem and started searching for problems. Eventually he gave up and he said he was submitting a "Ticket" to Porsche. I guess that means he is reaching out to the factory for some expertise.
Has anyone else experienced this? Did you ever come to a solution? I bought the car new in 2018 and I really do not think I should have to put up with this. Thanks in advance for any help and feedback....
Old 01-30-2024, 07:10 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

sounds expensive-- might have to buy that coverage policy for my 2023 hybrid executive after all!
By the way - my new 2024 GT3 would do this bucking when leaving from a stop light if I don't smash the accelerator.
Old 01-30-2024, 07:51 PM
16PanaHybrid
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Pana TJ
Fellow 4 E-Hybrid drivers... I have been dealing with a very annoying problem with my 2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid (Executive edition) for some time now, probably 2 years. I will describe the symptoms as best i could. When I am in E-mode and climbing a sustained hill at relatively high speeds, the car will start to buck and jerk. It will continue to do this until I give the accelerator a bump and it kicks in the ICE. It is sometimes very dramatic to the point that it is scary, and you think the engine will fall out. Most of the time, the check engine light will come on for a period of time. I have always been very impressed with how the car transitions from electric to ICE without feeling a thing. When I drive short distances around time i will typically avoid the ICE and get the most out of my battery. But when gingerly driving up that long hill and avoiding the ICE kicking in I experience this bucking almost all the time, I had it in the shop several times. I even had it in when the check engine light was on. They never seem to register a code that matches my problem. They would drive it to try to recreate the problem but there are never hill long enough around the shop to make it happen. The problem seems to happen more regularly lately. I took it in to the shop 2 weeks ago. The tech said he was able to recreate the problem and started searching for problems. Eventually he gave up and he said he was submitting a "Ticket" to Porsche. I guess that means he is reaching out to the factory for some expertise.
Has anyone else experienced this? Did you ever come to a solution? I bought the car new in 2018 and I really do not think I should have to put up with this. Thanks in advance for any help and feedback....
How many miles do you have on it? The fluid for the clutch that controls EV motor engagement (shared with brake system) is supposed to be changed every 20k miles. The process requires a PIWIS to cycle the solenoid in order to pump the old fluid out and new fluid in.
Old 01-30-2024, 08:36 PM
Pana TJ
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

16Pana. There is just over 50,000 miles. I had the brake fluid flushed and changed at 21,000 and again at 45,000. Thanks for the advice, I will pass it on to the dealer.
Old 01-30-2024, 08:45 PM
16PanaHybrid
Instructor

Originally Posted by Pana TJ
16Pana. There is just over 50,000 miles. I had the brake fluid flushed and changed at 21,000 and again at 45,000. Thanks for the advice, I will pass it on to the dealer.
Sure thing! Here's the procedure:
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Hybrid Clutch Fluid Change.pdf (485.8 KB, 31 views)
Old 01-31-2024, 10:01 PM
jb997
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 16PanaHybrid
How many miles do you have on it? The fluid for the clutch that controls EV motor engagement (shared with brake system) is supposed to be changed every 20k miles. The process requires a PIWIS to cycle the solenoid in order to pump the old fluid out and new fluid in.
I thought this is only for the 970 model, 971 do not need to do this?
Old 01-31-2024, 11:35 PM
16PanaHybrid
Instructor

Originally Posted by jb997
I thought this is only for the 970 model, 971 do not need to do this?
You are correct and I digress.

From this source:
[QUOTE]...the previous, hydraulically-actuated separating clutch (which used standard brake fluid to actuate a hydraulic slave cylinder) is replaced with a faster-acting electrically actuated clutch to couple and de-couple the “E-Machine” electric motor from the combustion engine as needed.[/QUOTE]
Old 02-01-2024, 12:49 PM
R32kid
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I don’t remember reading this, but in traffic this morning I decided to finally put the HVAC on - I normally drive without it, sunroof and windows open when it’s warm and seat warmers when it’s cool.

if you are driving in E-power, and have the HVAC on, the car will have ‘stronger’ regen than if you turn it off.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread