Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 10:34 AM
MKC91
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by GoBlue!
Thanks for the replies guys. the search continues. I’d hate to spend so much and not have a basic item like steering wheel heating.
I think this is a standard option. It took me a while to accidentially find the button, behind the bottom spoke of the steering wheel of all places!
Old 06-19-2019, 11:46 AM
GoBlue!
Pro

Received 262 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by MKC91
I think this is a standard option. It took me a while to accidentially find the button, behind the bottom spoke of the steering wheel of all places!

Almost no such thing as standard option with Porsche. Box needs to be checked (at least on US cars). I see a high $248k build 19 Turbo S with so many boxes checked including extended leather, leather wrapped steering column, etc. And yet no heated steering for a rocky mountain car. It's like people intentionally don't want heated steering. On CA and FL cars, maybe I'd understand but on NY, mid-west and Rocky Mountain cars....???

I've talked to my service guys and they said it is near impossible to add a heated steering wheel after. A couple guys say wiring is not there, which I don't believe but my service guy says it is very difficult to code the car for it and he needs an identically configured car to trick the computer to recode.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:31 PM
MKC91
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Sorry GoBlue, I meant part of the standard build. At least that is what I was told for me in Canada, so maybe different for US cars? If that is the case, I wish you luck and hope you find exactly what you want.
-- Mike
Old 07-02-2019, 07:08 PM
bosch
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When the car alarm goes off, does the Porsche App let you know via notification that the alarm has triggered? I've set it off, Iock the car from inside, wait until like 1 minute to let it arm, then open a door. The alarm sounds, but never got a notification on my Porsche App on my phone....
Old 07-03-2019, 05:04 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bosch
When the car alarm goes off, does the Porsche App let you know via notification that the alarm has triggered? I've set it off, Iock the car from inside, wait until like 1 minute to let it arm, then open a door. The alarm sounds, but never got a notification on my Porsche App on my phone....
No, but if you have an active tracker they will call you.
Old 07-03-2019, 05:36 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I get a message on Car Connect sent to me by Vodafone the UK operator for the Porsche Alarm System. You have on an iPhone, to allow notifications from the Car Connect app then it will "ding" on your iPhone when it receives a message. However by that time they will have phoned me anyway, so a bit superfluous.

Wilson
Old 07-04-2019, 01:53 PM
Matril01
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes

I’ve got a 2018 Pan 4 E Hybrid (USA car) that I’ve had for about 6 months. Car runs great...but the braking seem funny. Sometimes the pedal is hard, sometimes it’s soft, sometimes it’s both during the same braking episode. I’ve brought it to my dealers attention and they tell me everything is fine and it just a quirk of the hybrid car. But to me, the brakes seem very unreliable...I never know what I’m going to get. Anybody out there have a similar experience? Thx!
Old 07-04-2019, 03:34 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

It does take some getting used to the difference between regenerative braking and actual firm braking using the disc brakes. Ideally you use the regenerative braking (gentle pedal pressure) as much as possible when reducing speed and even almost coming to a complete stop if you have sufficient time and room. This will maximize your electric driving distance. If you need immediate braking to avoid a problem the brakes will be very firm as you push hard down on them. If you are gradually and steadily increasing the pressure on the pedal then you will feel a transition from regenerative to firm braking.
Old 07-05-2019, 04:28 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

The feel on the pedal seemed to become more erratic than ever, after the software update on the control system (October 2018), which apportions the braking between hydraulic and regenerative. However, the transition between the two modes was made a bit gentler and they eliminated the occasional horrible feeling, when you were coming to a gentle dead stop, of the brakes stopping working at all at the final part of the stop, when you had to push the brake pedal far harder than you expected. The software does seem to be heuristic, albeit a very slow learner and it gradually (very) learns your braking patterns and modifies itself to suit. Alternatively, maybe it is the connection between the driver's brain and his foot, which learns and gets used to the feel of the pedal (muscle memory).

Wilson
Old 07-16-2019, 02:23 PM
xBlueStreakx
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

2 questions:
1- When plugged in and charging, there is a whirring noise that comes from the front end of the car. Is that an electric coolant pump running?
2- When the vehicle is set to be preconditioned, does it also get the engine coolant up to temperature?
Old 07-17-2019, 05:51 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by xBlueStreakx
2 questions:
1- When plugged in and charging, there is a whirring noise that comes from the front end of the car. Is that an electric coolant pump running?
2- When the vehicle is set to be preconditioned, does it also get the engine coolant up to temperature?
1. not sure what it is, but its sounds like a fan of some sort to me, presumably the pump and a cooling fan are both running during plugged charging

2. No.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:05 AM
dougpan4
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, there is a turbo lag on my 2018 4s. If you put a sport mode, you will notice less turbo lag.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:59 AM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

I definitely noticed the turbo lag when I test drove the 2018 4S. That was one of the reasons I decided to go with the 4 E-Hybrid. Absolutely no turbo lag at all at any speed in any mode.
Old 07-23-2019, 04:15 AM
krabman
Pro

Received 285 Likes on 143 Posts

No question, in the 4S you have to drive around turbo lag, something that doesn't bother me because I drive in sport all the time and usually in manual mode which means no lag as I keep the car in the power band. I think I'm an outlier though, I would have bought the car with a stick if one had been available. IMO more people will like the hybrid in terms of throttle response based on those I know in the real world.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:20 PM
ScreaM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
I definitely noticed the turbo lag when I test drove the 2018 4S. That was one of the reasons I decided to go with the 4 E-Hybrid. Absolutely no turbo lag at all at any speed in any mode.
Same. Two things I didn't like the 4S I test drove:
1. Turbo lag. I was comparing it to my BMW M550i (4.4L V8, ~450HP) with similar power output but considerably less turbo lag.
2. Standard suspension is quite stiff. Good thing the 4 E-Hybrid comes with air suspension standard.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread