Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Official Panamera Waiting Room (for new orders)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2023, 04:43 PM
PandaSPUR
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts

You all have/had more optimistic build timelines than I do.

This is mine:
Name:  8NeHTr1.png
Views: 226
Size:  390.3 KB

Might change again now since I just added three more options:
- Seat belts in BR
- Steering wheel column and instrument cluster surround in leather (BR Stitching)
- Preparation for PRSE

Speaking of the PRSE, anyone know of tablet mounts that can fit in there? I'm not really interested in using Porsche's rear screens since they'll probably become outdated pretty quick.. Would rather have a generic tablet mount that I can put back there for people to mount their own tablets.
Old 04-15-2023, 07:07 PM
Panuny
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Aud Dr
This is also my experience. Ordered 01/01/23, build completed 03/02/2023, then sat on the dock for a month and missed two ships (TYD projections updated) before finally catching a boat on 03/31/2023. I'm not complaining about the time because it seems reasonable but it is a least a few weeks later than the original projection.
Interesting, our order dates are the same but mine is not expected to catch a boat for another month?
Old 04-16-2023, 12:15 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

The rear seat entertainment screens are very unique - you will not be able to attach other tablets to the prepared wiring and attachment points.

you might be able to find screens from a junkyard but only the porsche screens will work.

My 2023 Panamera has the screens and I am still trying to understand how to use them and to get them to display other data other than Netflix’s which is built in.

the screens have very nice resolution and color- but not much info on how they work and how you get other apps on the screens. I connected them to my iPhone hot spot and also to the cars hotspot. No manual came with the car.
Old 04-16-2023, 01:01 PM
PandaSPUR
Racer

Originally Posted by Targa32
The rear seat entertainment screens are very unique - you will not be able to attach other tablets to the prepared wiring and attachment points.

you might be able to find screens from a junkyard but only the porsche screens will work.

My 2023 Panamera has the screens and I am still trying to understand how to use them and to get them to display other data other than Netflix’s which is built in.

the screens have very nice resolution and color- but not much info on how they work and how you get other apps on the screens. I connected them to my iPhone hot spot and also to the cars hotspot. No manual came with the car.
I was hoping for some third party solutions, like this: https://www.incarbite.com/products/l...ra-bucket-seat
I'm sure the Porsche screens are decent with their full HD resolution, but I'd rather use my Samsung S8 Ultra (14" and 2960x1848 res) if I end up sitting back there myself.

Seems like Porsche RSE just isnt popular enough for 3rd party vendors to want to come up with some sort of adapter/mount.
Old 04-16-2023, 06:03 PM
Patrick888
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PandaSPUR
I'd take a picture for you if I could, but I just ordered the car last week. Wont have it until September according to TYD.

I didn't think CCBs provided better stopping power under normal conditions (e.g. not considering overheating and fading), but then again on Porsches the PCCB option comes with bigger calipers and rotors so I guess it would provide more stopping power too. You're probably right that they wont need to replaced for a long long time under normal driving though. Makes me tempted to reconsider that option... but Aventurine Green exterior + Yellow Calipers + Bordeaux Interior is just too many colors for me and I'm not a fan of the black calipers (too boring).

I know people who track regularly tend to stick with steel rotors because they're much cheaper to replace, but the main purpose of CCBs have always been to reduce fading under hard use. Less brake dust is just a nice side effect.
Yeah, as I said, I would get the PCCBs for the highway stopping power. Considering the car will also be driven in Germany, it makes sense from a safety point of view to have something much stronger to stop the car from 200-300km/h down to 100-130km/h. For the calipers, yellow definitely a no go, and black is fine for me, stealth does it. Will paint the car with peel off paint to either crayon or if I can get the goddamn paint sample Mclaren volcano red.
Old 04-16-2023, 06:07 PM
Patrick888
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha, when configuring my build at the dealership, the sales guy scrolled past that option saying "a gas cap that no one will ever see" and laughed.
I chuckled along but it was actually something I've been thinking about. I don't care what other people see, it's for personal enjoyment lol.

Maybe if i lived in NJ and never filled my own tank, then it'd be pointless.
I have the cap on my Macan GTS and it is definitely worth it. Fuel up a lot so you interact with it regularly
The following users liked this post:
2GSDs (04-18-2023)
Old 04-17-2023, 10:30 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 97 Posts

Well, I now have a VIN. Manufacturing begins on 27-Apr with delivery to the dealer targeted for early June!
The following 3 users liked this post by Toby Pennycuff:
911C2R (04-17-2023), gofit (04-18-2023), PandaSPUR (04-17-2023)
Old 04-17-2023, 07:34 PM
Panuny
Instructor

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
Well, I now have a VIN. Manufacturing begins on 27-Apr with delivery to the dealer targeted for early June!
Interesting mine is sitting at the port awaiting shipping (or missing parts?) with delivery to dealer 6/2. Are these dates realistic?
Old 04-17-2023, 08:29 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 97 Posts

@Panuny Porsche has hit all three dates on mine so far. In fact, early in the process, they moved dates UP from what had been communicated to my dealer. Hope yours gets on a ship soon!
Old 04-18-2023, 07:47 AM
Panuny
Instructor

Mine did the same until it was delivered to the port.
Old 04-19-2023, 01:26 AM
PandaSPUR
Racer

Dumb question that doesn't deserve its own thread... but is the normal gear shifter (i.e. not the exclusive design shifter) in real leather? Or is that black piece up top some kinda plastic?

The wait has me constantly looking at the options and my build, over and over again. Making me wonder if I missed some stupid option.
Old 04-19-2023, 01:38 AM
Dark_horse
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 53 Posts

Dumb question that doesn't deserve its own thread... but is the normal gear shifter (i.e. not the exclusive design shifter) in real leather? Or is that black piece up top some kinda plastic?

The wait has me constantly looking at the options and my build, over and over again. Making me wonder if I missed some stupid option.
+1.

I would like to know as well. Just added RAS and surround view yesterday. Still time to add or minus.

Last edited by Dark_horse; 04-19-2023 at 01:42 AM.
Old 04-19-2023, 10:05 AM
gofit
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

Yes...it is real leather. But the standard shifter is just not as nice as the exclusive shifter...imho...
Old 04-19-2023, 10:29 AM
Savi
Cruisin'

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gofit
Yes...it is real leather. But the standard shifter is just not as nice as the exclusive shifter...imho...
My buddy was on the fence about the exclusive shifter when he got his cayenne. When I specced my panamera out, there was only one thing he said I absolutely should get, and that was the exclusive shifter, which he regrets not having. You touch it basically all the time.
Old 04-19-2023, 11:09 AM
PandaSPUR
Racer

Originally Posted by gofit
Ty for the confirmation

Originally Posted by Savi
My buddy was on the fence about the exclusive shifter when he got his cayenne. When I specced my panamera out, there was only one thing he said I absolutely should get, and that was the exclusive shifter, which he regrets not having. You touch it basically all the time.
I'm iffy on the looks of it tbh, the aluminum accents would stand out and I feel like its one too many Porsche crests for my interior (I already have the embossed headrests optioned).

Also it seems like its an easy retrofit down the line if I change my mind?

Quick Reply: Official Panamera Waiting Room (for new orders)