Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Official Panamera Waiting Room (for new orders)

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2023 | 10:58 AM
gofit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PandaSPUR
Does the paid report get you more info than the free decoder on these forums? https://rennlist.com/forums/vindecoder.php
Yes...it provides even more detail than the porsche code you get when you build the car on the Porsche web site. It gives you every option code for the options you selected and the codes for standard items. So very comprehensive. My report matched exactly my build...hopefully it matches the car when it arrives!!
Old 04-05-2023 | 02:27 PM
htown_shark
Track Day

At what stage does the VIN number gets generated? And where to find it? On TYD?

Originally Posted by gofit
Yes...it provides even more detail than the porsche code you get when you build the car on the Porsche web site. It gives you every option code for the options you selected and the codes for standard items. So very comprehensive. My report matched exactly my build...hopefully it matches the car when it arrives!!
Old 04-05-2023 | 02:50 PM
2GSDs
Racer

Originally Posted by htown_shark
The week it starts production. I’m pretty sure it shows up on TYD.
Old 04-05-2023 | 05:51 PM
gofit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by htown_shark
My VIN number showed up at stage 3 on TYD.
Should be located right under your commission number.
Old 04-05-2023 | 07:36 PM
Panuny
Instructor

No problem...and yes...I paid the 13 bucks to get the report. Curiosity got the best of me!
So I drank the koolaid and paid the 13 bucks. Received a report half english, half gobbledygook German-English. I was sent a new one. I asked about accuracy and was told the car was still in production and was as accurate as could be but no guarantee. My 4S finished production today and is ready for shipping. Delivery scheduled for May 5th to dealer. I shall keep tracking.
A fews items incorrect or not ordered:

-GTS logo delete on front doors (should bev4S delete)
-Exterior mirrors in high gloss black
-sound and thermally insulated glass.

Also noticed a long list of what it doesn't have "witout......etc".

Last edited by Panuny; 04-05-2023 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-05-2023 | 11:12 PM
Savi
Cruisin'

I too ordered both burmester and pdcc. After I got the vin number I checked it on Vin Analytics...and everything I ordered was listed as part of the build. Not sure if that's 100% foolproof...but hopefully it is. So you might check your vin on their site...for peace of mind.
Thanks for this, I had some similar nags in the back of my mind and the Vin Analytics information was spot-on for what I had built. Still waiting for confirmation that my 4S hybrid has left port, but shouldn't be long now!
Old 04-06-2023 | 06:26 PM
PandaSPUR
Racer

Since I've ordered the car, I've just been looking over the options again and again, trying to see if theres anything I missed.

All the extended leather (end of dash, seat consoles, steering column, etc) seem unnecessary.
I did end up adding ventilated seats. So now I have Ventilated, Heated and Massage seats in the Front. Just heated for the back. I don't drive other people often so I think thats enough, extra 1k for ventilated in the back, and another 1k for massage in the back.
I also omitted the power sun blinds since I wanted to tint the rear windows anyway, but now I see that tinting on the Panamera is more involved and requires felt protection to be added.

Part of me thinks I might as well get all the features, but another part of me thinks "well thats just another thing that can break".

Do any of you consider any of the things I listed to be must-haves?
Old 04-06-2023 | 09:04 PM
Panuny
Instructor

Since I've ordered the car, I've just been looking over the options again and again, trying to see if theres anything I missed.

All the extended leather (end of dash, seat consoles, steering column, etc) seem unnecessary.
I did end up adding ventilated seats. So now I have Ventilated, Heated and Massage seats in the Front. Just heated for the back. I don't drive other people often so I think thats enough, extra 1k for ventilated in the back, and another 1k for massage in the back.
I also omitted the power sun blinds since I wanted to tint the rear windows anyway, but now I see that tinting on the Panamera is more involved and requires felt protection to be added.

Part of me thinks I might as well get all the features, but another part of me thinks "well thats just another thing that can break".

I ordered seat options just as you did. Not enough sun here to worry about blinds. I was convinced by this forum to get ACC. I also ordered surround view but not heads up. Performance/looks/sound, overall aesthetics (wheels for instance) and music and comfort. Tried to balance these. Would have liked the GTS but no go with all other options.
Old 04-07-2023 | 02:56 AM
PandaSPUR
Racer

Originally Posted by Panuny
I ordered seat options just as you did. Not enough sun here to worry about blinds. I was convinced by this forum to get ACC. I also ordered surround view but not heads up. Performance/looks/sound, overall aesthetics (wheels for instance) and music and comfort. Tried to balance these. Would have liked the GTS but no go with all other options.
Even as a driver I guess I rarely ever found myself wishing I could block the sun coming from the side.. probably will omit the rear blinds.

I did get the assistance package so I have ACC, surround view, and HUD as well. Mainly wanted surround and HUD but figured might as well get the package. There was a Cayenne GTS on the lot that a customer had spec'd out without surround view... I found it surprising that someone would omit that.

Finding a balance without blowing your budget is hard.. my GTS build is about 35k in options alone. Pushes me dangerously close to Turbo S territory but I tried configuring one online and yea.. options pushed that way further too lol.

Right now I'm also debating about the door handles... Currently just body colored, wondering if I should get the body colored inlays or black handles. Can someone confirm if the black handles come with black inlays?
Old 04-07-2023 | 10:38 AM
gofit
Rennlist Member

Even as a driver I guess I rarely ever found myself wishing I could block the sun coming from the side.. probably will omit the rear blinds.

I did get the assistance package so I have ACC, surround view, and HUD as well. Mainly wanted surround and HUD but figured might as well get the package. There was a Cayenne GTS on the lot that a customer had spec'd out without surround view... I found it surprising that someone would omit that.

Finding a balance without blowing your budget is hard.. my GTS build is about 35k in options alone. Pushes me dangerously close to Turbo S territory but I tried configuring one online and yea.. options pushed that way further too lol.

Right now I'm also debating about the door handles... Currently just body colored, wondering if I should get the body colored inlays or black handles. Can someone confirm if the black handles come with black inlays?
I ordered back handles...and understand that inlays are also black.

And wholeheartedly agree...holding options down is near impossible. Assume everyone knows that ACC and LKA are standard features for 2023.

I'm a big believer in the rear sunshades...I know my dogs appreciate them! I would have loved to have ventilated front seats...but not possible with race tex material. Which I guess is just the porsche way...everything is a calculated compromise!

Sadly...my GTS seems to be stuck at the port awaiting a ship. So my delivery date is getting pushed back literally by the day. Has anyone made milestone 8 recently?
The following users liked this post:
PandaSPUR (04-07-2023)
Old 04-07-2023 | 11:31 AM
PandaSPUR
Racer

I ordered back handles...and understand that inlays are also black.

And wholeheartedly agree...holding options down is near impossible. Assume everyone knows that ACC and LKA are standard features for 2023.

I'm a big believer in the rear sunshades...I know my dogs appreciate them! I would have loved to have ventilated front seats...but not possible with race tex material. Which I guess is just the porsche way...everything is a calculated compromise!

Sadly...my GTS seems to be stuck at the port awaiting a ship. So my delivery date is getting pushed back literally by the day. Has anyone made milestone 8 recently?
What color did you order for the car itself? And what made you want to get the black handles?

If I got the rear sunshades, I was actually going to keep them retracted when my dogs were in the back lol. I fully expect them to accidentally damage it, and they prefer sticking their heads out anyway.

And yea good point, ACC is standard, the assistance package gave me ACC with Innodrive. Still kinda confused what that does, but also dont really care. Even on longer road trips where I drive for 5 hour stretches I've never used cruise control on my car.

I saw that your order was confirmed in september and freeze point was in february. Does "confirmed" mean allocated? If so, how long was the wait for an allocation and was your order added to your Porsche ID prior to allocation? Thanks!
Old 04-07-2023 | 11:52 AM
orca15
Pro

Some thoughts after a year of driving:

Extended leather unnecessary
Heat/Vent/Massage is a great choice
Maybe at least get the side window shades, they are kind of "cool" (pun intended). They raise with a double pull of the window button.
The rear shade is sort of funky. Lives in a crossbar, the same one that holds the hard luggage cover or the retractable cover if you got that. If you will take the bar/luggage cover out for dogs for example, the rear shade goes with it. Plus its like 80% coverage where the sides are pretty full coverage of the window. Lastly, the rear shade retracts in reverse and doesn't always go back up and it takes a while to remember where the PCM button is. All in all, something you can probably live without.
RWS is a must have as I an sure you have read. I use ACC all the time unless actively back road driving. The innodrive function is not well-meched and many turn it off including me (and I love tech on cars).
The following users liked this post:
PandaSPUR (04-07-2023)
Old 04-07-2023 | 12:00 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

I didn’t do the crazy stuff with the felt and my 22 has been fine with Rayno film tint. I don’t have noise insulated glass though which is likely thicker and more problematic.
Old 04-07-2023 | 12:05 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

On my 22 chalk, the black handles option is literally just the handles. If you’re doing the black accents all around (like window trim, wheels, model designation, etc.), I’d recommend doing the door handles too.
Old 04-07-2023 | 04:30 PM
PandaSPUR
Racer

Too many posts to quote, but heres a quick update

1. Rear massage/ventilated seats: I decided to go for this, but then my dealership reminded me that if I do this, I lose the 2+1 rear seats. Annoying, I don't know how often I'd need that middle seat but I'd rather have it than not. So in the end im omitting this.
2. Rear shades (door and trunk): added both. my sales guy says he hasn't heard of people having issues with it (although I've seen the DIY on these forums showing the broken plastic gear teeth). I suppose malfunction is probably rare and will depend on how often its used. I rarely have people back there anyway but figured its nice to have for just $1k extra.
3. Black handles: sales guy confirmed the handles would be all black (specifically on the GTS, not sure about the other trims). I added it.

Also got the TYD email and vehicle in V200 status already.

Quick Reply: Official Panamera Waiting Room (for new orders)