Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Official Panamera Waiting Room (for new orders)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2023 | 09:35 PM
2GSDs
Racer

Originally Posted by htown_shark
For the folks who have received the car, do you know how long it takes for delivery once the ship has been docked at the port assuming local transport i.e. ship docked in Houston & the dealership is in Houston. My dealer told me it takes a month after the ship has been docked and I was surprised to hear that. Any insights would be helpful.
In port October 10, at dealer October 15.
The following users liked this post:
gofit (05-03-2023)
Old 05-04-2023 | 10:57 PM
htown_shark
Track Day

Originally Posted by 2GSDs
In port October 10, at dealer October 15.
Was it local transfer?
Old 05-05-2023 | 07:46 PM
2GSDs
Racer

Originally Posted by htown_shark
Was it local transfer?

Port is 141 miles from dealer.
Old 05-06-2023 | 09:07 AM
Panuny
Instructor

According to the arrival port my 4S is scheduled to arrive Monday morning, TYD has it arriving the following day. A week later should be at the dealer. It's a five-hour drive from the port to my dealer but I expect there are multiple stops along the way at various dealerships.
Does anyone know if Porsche's are delivered on transports exclusive to Porsche/VW/Audi dealers or is it a mix and match as who is transporting what-where?
Old 05-08-2023 | 06:28 AM
Panuny
Instructor

My 4S is less than 3.5 hours from the arrival port, based on the just updated info on the marine traffic tracker, TYD stills shows arriving tomorrow.
Old 05-08-2023 | 10:23 AM
gofit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Panuny
My 4S is less than 3.5 hours from the arrival port, based on the just updated info on the marine traffic tracker, TYD stills shows arriving tomorrow.
As mentioned...mine hit the Houston port on May 1st. As of this morning...it's still there. Surely it will make it to my dealer this week!!
Old 05-08-2023 | 12:00 PM
bigmacsmallfries
Rennlist Member

Has anyone gotten allocation for a ‘24 model year? Trying to figure out when the next generation model will be released and whether it is a ‘24 or ‘25.
Old 05-08-2023 | 12:11 PM
Panuny
Instructor

Originally Posted by gofit
As mentioned...mine hit the Houston port on May 1st. As of this morning...it's still there. Surely it will make it to my dealer this week!!
Are you tracking it through the Porsche Track Your Dreams App? The App says it will take a week to get to the my dealer.
Old 05-08-2023 | 02:37 PM
PandaSPUR
Racer

Originally Posted by bigmacsmallfries
Has anyone gotten allocation for a ‘24 model year? Trying to figure out when the next generation model will be released and whether it is a ‘24 or ‘25.
I think I have one of the newer or newest allocations in this thread. Ordered 4/1 and scheduled for production in July/August. Its a 2023 MY.

2024 should be a fairly major refresh so we'll see an announcement before its available to order.
Old 05-08-2023 | 04:04 PM
gofit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Panuny
Are you tracking it through the Porsche Track Your Dreams App? The App says it will take a week to get to the my dealer.
Great news today...the GTS has left the port and should be at my dealer tomorrow!! The TYD site projected a 5/9 dealer delivery date a few weeks ago...so pretty amazing.
And yes...I've been tracking it on the TYD site. Excluding time for production...it's been fairly accurate.
Old 05-08-2023 | 06:18 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Will TYD reflect the ship that the car is loaded onto for transportation? Also, will TYD update the ship's position during the voyage or do I need to use a different tracking app like FleetMon or VesselFinder? My car finished production on 5/5 and was released for transport the same day. It is now in Emden and showing that it leaves the Port of Emden tomorrow (5/9/23). I've tried to pull the PWL logistics sailing schedules (based on details in the Taycan Forum), but it looks as though the PWL site has changed. The site now wants either a Bill of Lading number or a container number. Tried both the Commission Number value and the VIN and both came up with zero responses. Any suggestions?
Old 05-08-2023 | 10:06 PM
971.4shybridexec
AutoX

Ugh, today was supposed to go to Stage 8 but I got another two weeks tacked onto my waiting. I was gonna turn my Alpina in early now I have to make another lease payment, first world issue.....
Old 05-08-2023 | 11:25 PM
gofit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
Will TYD reflect the ship that the car is loaded onto for transportation? Also, will TYD update the ship's position during the voyage or do I need to use a different tracking app like FleetMon or VesselFinder? My car finished production on 5/5 and was released for transport the same day. It is now in Emden and showing that it leaves the Port of Emden tomorrow (5/9/23). I've tried to pull the PWL logistics sailing schedules (based on details in the Taycan Forum), but it looks as though the PWL site has changed. The site now wants either a Bill of Lading number or a container number. Tried both the Commission Number value and the VIN and both came up with zero responses. Any suggestions?
I posted this a while back…this is how I found my cars ship:

This comes from the cool kids over on the 992 forum...where they also get to see a photo of their car in production...just saying.

It is possible to identify what boat you're on with a bit of web browser knowledge. Assuming you're in chrome, do this:

1. Go to the TYD website.
2, Press the F12 key
3. Click on the Network tab
4. In the box to filter the requests type "api.porsche" (with no quotes)
5. Refresh the page
6. You should see a number of requests in the list but you want the one that has the name "USMGXXXXX" where XXXXX is your commission number and the type is xhr (NOT the one that says preflight). Select that one.
7. After selecting that one, click on the response tab. You will see a whole bunch of textual (JSON) details about your car.
8 In those details you will see something like this "ident":"IMO_9283875"
9. In a new browser tab, enter the url "https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/details/9283875". But replace the numbers (only the numbers) with the numbers in your data.

That is the ship you're on. Note that anyone can do this and see more data than what the UI shows. You won't get boat data until your car is on a boat obviously.

Old 05-08-2023 | 11:57 PM
htown_shark
Track Day

Originally Posted by gofit
Great news today...the GTS has left the port and should be at my dealer tomorrow!! The TYD site projected a 5/9 dealer delivery date a few weeks ago...so pretty amazing.
And yes...I've been tracking it on the TYD site. Excluding time for production...it's been fairly accurate.
we both were on the same vessel. However, my car is still sitting at the port as I type. Hoping for good news in a day or two.
Old 05-09-2023 | 12:57 AM
bigmacsmallfries
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PandaSPUR
I think I have one of the newer or newest allocations in this thread. Ordered 4/1 and scheduled for production in July/August. Its a 2023 MY.

2024 should be a fairly major refresh so we'll see an announcement before its available to order.
I previously read that production starts in November for the next generation model but it was from one of those car news websites so it's impossible to gauge whether a reliable source provided this information.

Quick Reply: Official Panamera Waiting Room (for new orders)