Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Official Panamera Waiting Room (for new orders)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2023 | 08:14 AM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Very few Panamera take their car to the track “regularly”. While they handle well for a four door sedan they are obviously very heavy and they are not a GT3. Bordeaux dials are the same color as Carmine red exterior - not even close. My suspicion is that your descriptions lack of knowledge in regards to options and Vehicle use and the pros and cons of various brake designs - suggests you’re likely not really buying a a Panamera at all. Your dealer would explain most of these facts to you at the time you were given an allocation and asked to submit a build design.

if you had ever seriously driven a vehicle on a track and were truly interested in continuing your “regular” track event participation- you would not be ordering a four door sedan.

iI could be wrong - and you will order a black Panamera to drive on track alongside GT4’s and GT3’s and all sorts of 911’s and 718’s.

But the big advantage of the ceramic rotors is that they will not produce brake dust which will help keep your black Panamera Track car cleaner looking on the track.

If your for real - and really have track experience and plan on continuing the hobby - perhaps a Mercedes S560 or a BMW 7 series should be considered - the first has better interior led colored lighting and the former now has a huge 30” plus screen for those back seat passenger racers who get bored after lap after lap and would like to watch a movie or two.

last thought- the clear twilights are usually ordered for track vehicles - something about visibility to the other cars on the track.

I just took delivery of my 5,000 lb Panamera 4 Executive - Looking forward to getting this car out there to compete on track time with all those 911’s and 718’s and being able to take the kids with me is truly a good bonus as well. Saves the cost of a baby sitter.

all kidding aside - if your really interested in a Porsche prepared paved surface type track vehicle have you considered the Cayenne or a Rolls Royce Phantom?
Old 04-11-2023 | 08:50 AM
htown_shark
Track Day

Anyone able to get past stage 7? My car reached there on 4/3 but seems like she couldn’t find a spot on a vessel.
Old 04-11-2023 | 08:58 AM
Patrick888
AutoX

Originally Posted by Targa32
Very few Panamera take their car to the track “regularly”. While they handle well for a four door sedan they are obviously very heavy and they are not a GT3. Bordeaux dials are the same color as Carmine red exterior - not even close. My suspicion is that your descriptions lack of knowledge in regards to options and Vehicle use and the pros and cons of various brake designs - suggests you’re likely not really buying a a Panamera at all. Your dealer would explain most of these facts to you at the time you were given an allocation and asked to submit a build design.

if you had ever seriously driven a vehicle on a track and were truly interested in continuing your “regular” track event participation- you would not be ordering a four door sedan.

iI could be wrong - and you will order a black Panamera to drive on track alongside GT4’s and GT3’s and all sorts of 911’s and 718’s.

But the big advantage of the ceramic rotors is that they will not produce brake dust which will help keep your black Panamera Track car cleaner looking on the track.

If your for real - and really have track experience and plan on continuing the hobby - perhaps a Mercedes S560 or a BMW 7 series should be considered - the first has better interior led colored lighting and the former now has a huge 30” plus screen for those back seat passenger racers who get bored after lap after lap and would like to watch a movie or two.

last thought- the clear twilights are usually ordered for track vehicles - something about visibility to the other cars on the track.

I just took delivery of my 5,000 lb Panamera 4 Executive - Looking forward to getting this car out there to compete on track time with all those 911’s and 718’s and being able to take the kids with me is truly a good bonus as well. Saves the cost of a baby sitter.

all kidding aside - if your really interested in a Porsche prepared paved surface type track vehicle have you considered the Cayenne or a Rolls Royce Phantom?
No need to launch a full out attack on me friend. I have never said anywhere that I would "regularly" track the car. I will never track the car. I never said Bordeaux color is the same as Carmine red, where did I say that? What lack of knowledge do I have exactly? Are you calling me out for bull****ting about buying a Panamera? I will gladly take a picture of a paper with my name on it when the car is delivered in September. Dealers usually have much less clue about the actual products they are selling. They are salesmen/women and in most cases not actual car enthusiasts that go into details like we do.

I have seriously driven on F1 track and I am not ordering this Panamera GTS to drive on a track, are you a bot or are you just here to try to make me upset with your idiotism?

Yes, EVERYONE including owners that track their Ferraris, Lambos, Mclarens and others, they ALL have the CCB because "it produces less dirt". I am dying laughing.

So a Panamera GTS is not a good track car but a S class or a 7-series or a Cayenne or a Rolls Royce is? I don't know what the hell you are smoking.
Old 04-11-2023 | 10:00 AM
gofit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Patrick888
Most supercars and especially track cars nowadays are standard fitted with CCB's (Mclarens, Ferraris, Lambos except for the RWD Huracan). Same goes for all turbo products of Porsche. Pretty sure a CCB won't just die and Porsche has them on their cars for their "On-track experiences".
Might be worth noting that PCCB's are not currently available at least in the US market...unless they come standard on the model you are ordering. There's been a stop sale on them for several months. Supply chain shortages are real! I was very close to adding them to my build...before I found that out. So that saved me a lot of money!!
Old 04-11-2023 | 10:06 AM
gofit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by htown_shark
Anyone able to get past stage 7? My car reached there on 4/3 but seems like she couldn’t find a spot on a vessel.
We're still in the same boat...unfortunately not ON the boat I'm also still stuck at 4/3...and my future dates still haven't changed. I'm still showing arrival into Houston on 4/26. I'm guessing that is not happening....
Old 04-11-2023 | 10:54 AM
2GSDs
Racer

Originally Posted by gofit
We're still in the same boat...unfortunately not ON the boat I'm also still stuck at 4/3...and my future dates still haven't changed. I'm still showing arrival into Houston on 4/26. I'm guessing that is not happening....
You might still be on the boat.
I was told I wasn’t on the boat, but she sure was on there. So here’s still hope!
Old 04-11-2023 | 10:58 AM
2GSDs
Racer

Most supercars and especially track cars nowadays are standard fitted with CCB's (Mclarens, Ferraris, Lambos except for the RWD Huracan). Same goes for all turbo products of Porsche. Pretty sure a CCB won't just die and Porsche has them on their cars for their "On-track experiences".
I will let someone who knows much more than I, do the explaining.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1122279_carbon-ceramic-brakes-best-for-track-use-think-again-says-porsche

https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/forget-what-you-think-you-know-about-carbon-ceramic-brakes-porsche

Last edited by 2GSDs; 04-11-2023 at 11:02 AM.
Old 04-11-2023 | 11:12 AM
PandaSPUR
Racer

The rev dial would match the interior with carmine red yes. Can you take a picture of yours maybe higher quality? Also the PCCB's are not for the track but rather stopping from high speeds (200-100) fast on the highway and occasional twisty mountain road for when I don't want my breaks to smell when I get to the end. Also overall better stopping power when you really need them. And I've heard both, that they need swapping after X amount of km/miles, and that they will last more than the car will, so...
I'd take a picture for you if I could, but I just ordered the car last week. Wont have it until September according to TYD.

I didn't think CCBs provided better stopping power under normal conditions (e.g. not considering overheating and fading), but then again on Porsches the PCCB option comes with bigger calipers and rotors so I guess it would provide more stopping power too. You're probably right that they wont need to replaced for a long long time under normal driving though. Makes me tempted to reconsider that option... but Aventurine Green exterior + Yellow Calipers + Bordeaux Interior is just too many colors for me and I'm not a fan of the black calipers (too boring).

Originally Posted by 2GSDs
PCCBs are not recommended for people who take their cars to the track, because this will wear them out much faster.
I know people who track regularly tend to stick with steel rotors because they're much cheaper to replace, but the main purpose of CCBs have always been to reduce fading under hard use. Less brake dust is just a nice side effect.
Old 04-11-2023 | 01:17 PM
htown_shark
Track Day

great way to use the pun 😂. My arrival date is showing 4/29 but haven’t moved past 4/3. Hoping the car is actually on a boat and I get a surprise during last week of April lol. I’m not ready for that 😂😂

Old 04-11-2023 | 01:18 PM
htown_shark
Track Day

Originally Posted by 2GSDs
You might still be on the boat.
I was told I wasn’t on the boat, but she sure was on there. So here’s still hope!
how did you know you were on the boat? Thru TYD or dealership? Trying to see if I can find that info.
Old 04-11-2023 | 01:33 PM
2GSDs
Racer

how did you know you were on the boat? Thru TYD or dealership? Trying to see if I can find that info.
I didn’t have TYD a when I ordered mine.
Dealer first told me I wasn’t on the boat, then, a week later, told me I was. Which led me to believe their tracking system lagged a bit.
Old 04-11-2023 | 07:11 PM
htown_shark
Track Day

just got update on TYD that I’ve reached at 8. The car is on vessel as of 4/8. So they had lag in updating TYD. As of now, delivery date is 5/4

Last edited by htown_shark; 04-11-2023 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-11-2023 | 07:18 PM
gofit
Rennlist Member

just got update on TYD that I’ve reached are 8. The car is on vessel as of 4/8. So they had lag in updating TYD. As of now, deliver date is 5/4
Fantastic! I just checked and the same! Looks like we are on the same boat!!
Old 04-11-2023 | 08:10 PM
htown_shark
Track Day

Fantastic! I just checked and the same! Looks like we are on the same boat!!
is Houston your final destination? If so, which dealership?
Old 04-11-2023 | 08:11 PM
Panuny
Instructor

I am at Step 7 today. Magically Step 8 is also shown as today but not yet activated. Step 8 was tomorrow a few days ago. I will see if it changes tomorrow. Just read your later post that yours sailed on 4/8!

Last edited by Panuny; 04-11-2023 at 08:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Official Panamera Waiting Room (for new orders)