Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Official Panamera Waiting Room (for new orders)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2023, 05:26 PM
2GSDs
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by PandaSPUR
Too many posts to quote, but heres a quick update

1. Rear massage/ventilated seats: I decided to go for this, but then my dealership reminded me that if I do this, I lose the 2+1 rear seats. Annoying, I don't know how often I'd need that middle seat but I'd rather have it than not. So in the end im omitting this.
2. Rear shades (door and trunk): added both. my sales guy says he hasn't heard of people having issues with it (although I've seen the DIY on these forums showing the broken plastic gear teeth). I suppose malfunction is probably rare and will depend on how often its used. I rarely have people back there anyway but figured its nice to have for just $1k extra.
3. Black handles: sales guy confirmed the handles would be all black (specifically on the GTS, not sure about the other trims). I added it.

Also got the TYD email and vehicle in V200 status already.
That middle seat is TINY. I looked at that in person, and my SA said that it’s useless unless you are a toddler, and toddlers should have a child seat, anyway. So I didn’t go for that.

For $1K extra, I opted for the Porsche design clock, and absolutely love its looks and functionality.
The GTS comes with black accents, window trim, model designation, etc. I decided to have the vent painted, because I saw a Panamera done that way and really liked the continuous color. For the same reason, I didn’t order black handles, but my car has handles that are black on the inner part, and orange on the outer. Great detail. Really nice.

Last edited by 2GSDs; 04-07-2023 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-07-2023, 05:39 PM
PandaSPUR
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by 2GSDs
That middle seat is TINY. I looked at that in person, and my SA said that it’s useless unless you are a toddler, and toddlers should have a child seat, anyway. So I didn’t go for that.

For $1K extra, I opted for the Porsche design clock, and absolutely love its looks and functionality.
The GTS comes with black accents, window trim, model designation, etc. I decided to have the vent painted, because I saw a Panamera done that way and really liked the continuous color.
I didn’t order black handles, and my car has handles that are black on the inner part, and orange on the outer. Really nice.
I had my gf (5'2 and 100lb) try the middle seat with me (5'10 200lb) in one of the other seats. Its doable for short trips lol. She said she'd rather have her legs crossed on top than one leg in each side of the back though. But aside from seating, its also one less thing I have to worry about my dogs messing up.
The sport clock was nice looking, but I wish Porsche collaborated with a storied watch company instead of making their own. I'm a watch guy and I'd rather have something like the IWCs in MB cars (which are also gone now, sigh). I ended up omitting that anyway since I wanted the matching Bordeaux Red clock, tach and interior.
I actually did not realize the GTS has black inlays by default on the door handles... I did prefer the vent to be left in black anyway for some contrast, and ultimately decided to make the door handles black to tie into that plus all the other blacked out trim.

There are so many ways to option these cars that all look great. Makes the ordering process so hard lol.
I'm gonna try to avoid any more changes from here on. TYD currently says September for delivery of my Panamera.. oof.
Old 04-07-2023, 05:46 PM
2GSDs
Racer

There are so many ways to option these cars that all look great. Makes the ordering process so hard lol.
I'm gonna try to avoid any more changes from here on. TYD currently says September for delivery of my Panamera.. oof.
They are like snowflakes, no two alike.

I get a kick out of seeing all the different configurations.
The following users liked this post:
PandaSPUR (04-07-2023)
Old 04-07-2023, 08:54 PM
PandaSPUR
Racer

Something I just noticed... in TYD the renderings of my Panamera GTS show no sunroof... Is that just a bug or should I be worried?
Old 04-08-2023, 08:34 AM
Panuny
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

On my 4S order I thought ACC was an option not standard. Is it the InnoDrive that is the option? Didn't understand that or I would have saved the $1k+ for something else. I am 4 days away from step 8.
Old 04-08-2023, 12:08 PM
gofit
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

What color did you order for the car itself? And what made you want to get the black handles?

If I got the rear sunshades, I was actually going to keep them retracted when my dogs were in the back lol. I fully expect them to accidentally damage it, and they prefer sticking their heads out anyway.

And yea good point, ACC is standard, the assistance package gave me ACC with Innodrive. Still kinda confused what that does, but also dont really care. Even on longer road trips where I drive for 5 hour stretches I've never used cruise control on my car.

I saw that your order was confirmed in september and freeze point was in february. Does "confirmed" mean allocated? If so, how long was the wait for an allocation and was your order added to your Porsche ID prior to allocation? Thanks!
My color is carmine red. i painted the vent and the lower mirror…then added black handles. My dogs aren’t big enough to damage the shades!! I agree…the innodrive is a little suspect. But the ACC is fantastic.

My request for an allocation…same as order confirmed…was in September. I actually got the allocation right before Christmas. And order locked in February. Not sure when order was added to ID. But I don’t think Panamera’s were added to TYD until February.
Old 04-08-2023, 12:12 PM
gofit
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Panuny
On my 4S order I thought ACC was an option not standard. Is it the InnoDrive that is the option? Didn't understand that or I would have saved the $1k+ for something else. I am 4 days away from step 8.
Yes innodrive is the option. Sadly I’m now 4 days past when step 8 was supposed to happen. Still sitting at step 7 🥲
Old 04-08-2023, 12:52 PM
Panuny
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by gofit
Yes innodrive is the option. Sadly I’m now 4 days past when step 8 was supposed to happen. Still sitting at step 7 🥲
Doesn't sound promising for me then.
Old 04-08-2023, 11:11 PM
mmorgan216
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Something I just noticed... in TYD the renderings of my Panamera GTS show no sunroof... Is that just a bug or should I be worried?
same thing happened on my rendering, Sunroof delete. Was quite excited, but alas all US cars come with the sunroof.
Old 04-09-2023, 12:44 AM
PandaSPUR
Racer

Originally Posted by mmorgan216
same thing happened on my rendering, Sunroof delete. Was quite excited, but alas all US cars come with the sunroof.
Heh, I actually prefer the sunroof in this case. At least it seems like clogged sunroof drains aren't a common issue for the panamera... hopefully i'm not jinxing myself.
Old 04-09-2023, 06:40 AM
Patrick888
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default First time speccing a car, dream coming true

Currently own a 2021 Macan GTS. First time poster. So, the dealership said they have a slot and delivery would be around September. Am from EU and the options come up to just under 60 000 eur. Am debating the PCCB's, but probably will go along with them. Also, the colour will be liquid PPF'd with colour (basically peel off paint that also protects the car) and will try to hit Mclaren's volcano red colour, although they have the paint mix hidden, will try to match it either way. Either that or Miami blue. That's why its just jet black now and not carmine red or chalk.

If anyone has experience with PCCB's on turbo S or Panamera in general I will be glad to hear from you. Also not sure if I want the carmine red in the rev dial, feel like its a bit weird cause its just a red band and not the entire dial.

Last edited by Patrick888; 04-09-2023 at 06:43 AM.
Old 04-09-2023, 07:24 PM
PandaSPUR
Racer

Originally Posted by Patrick888
Currently own a 2021 Macan GTS. First time poster. So, the dealership said they have a slot and delivery would be around September. Am from EU and the options come up to just under 60 000 eur. Am debating the PCCB's, but probably will go along with them. Also, the colour will be liquid PPF'd with colour (basically peel off paint that also protects the car) and will try to hit Mclaren's volcano red colour, although they have the paint mix hidden, will try to match it either way. Either that or Miami blue. That's why its just jet black now and not carmine red or chalk.

If anyone has experience with PCCB's on turbo S or Panamera in general I will be glad to hear from you. Also not sure if I want the carmine red in the rev dial, feel like its a bit weird cause its just a red band and not the entire dial.
I made my tach bordeaux red to match my interior. Would carmine red for you match the seat belts and stitching of the GTS interior? I cant recall what specific shade of red those options are in. If yes, I'd go for it. If not, I'd keep the black tach because a slightly off red color would bug me.

No experience with the PCCBs but I chose to omit them because I don't plan on taking my Panamera to the track regularly. All the tracks are too far away from where I live
On a black exterior, the yellow calipers of the PCCB would look nice. Its up to you if you want to spend that extra money for aesthetics (and also keep in mind replacing the rotors down the line will also be expensive).
Old 04-11-2023, 03:56 AM
Patrick888
AutoX

I made my tach bordeaux red to match my interior. Would carmine red for you match the seat belts and stitching of the GTS interior? I cant recall what specific shade of red those options are in. If yes, I'd go for it. If not, I'd keep the black tach because a slightly off red color would bug me.

No experience with the PCCBs but I chose to omit them because I don't plan on taking my Panamera to the track regularly. All the tracks are too far away from where I live
On a black exterior, the yellow calipers of the PCCB would look nice. Its up to you if you want to spend that extra money for aesthetics (and also keep in mind replacing the rotors down the line will also be expensive).
The rev dial would match the interior with carmine red yes. Can you take a picture of yours maybe higher quality? Also the PCCB's are not for the track but rather stopping from high speeds (200-100) fast on the highway and occasional twisty mountain road for when I don't want my breaks to smell when I get to the end. Also overall better stopping power when you really need them. And I've heard both, that they need swapping after X amount of km/miles, and that they will last more than the car will, so...

Last edited by Patrick888; 04-11-2023 at 03:59 AM.
Old 04-11-2023, 06:32 AM
2GSDs
Racer

PCCBs are not recommended for people who take their cars to the track, because this will wear them out much faster.

Old 04-11-2023, 06:56 AM
Patrick888
AutoX

Originally Posted by 2GSDs
PCCBs are not recommended for people who take their cars to the track, because this will wear them out much faster.
Most supercars and especially track cars nowadays are standard fitted with CCB's (Mclarens, Ferraris, Lambos except for the RWD Huracan). Same goes for all turbo products of Porsche. Pretty sure a CCB won't just die and Porsche has them on their cars for their "On-track experiences".

Quick Reply: Official Panamera Waiting Room (for new orders)