Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2021, 02:41 PM
dbhajek
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by rgfinnegan
Bud, thanks for the video! I pulled everything apart again and was able to use the video to get it all installed.

All seems to work, although there really isn't any manual in the box sent. I'll check YouTube next for more info. I wish I could play music through the wired iPod connection, when in CarPlay, it really is much better sounding than AUX.
Glad you got it worked out, I’m not a big audiophile so hoping using AUX doesn’t bother me.

Bud
Old 09-19-2021, 12:45 AM
dbhajek
Rennlist Member

Just finished my install,

The volume issue is a bummer. I am wondering if this is something that can be fixed with updates but I have a funny feeling they can't.

The sound quality is a bummer also. Im not an audiophile but it is noticeable. I would give up wireless CarPlay to be able to use the factory usb connection for the better sound.

Bud
Old 09-19-2021, 02:03 AM
Fantasmos
Instructor

Received 92 Likes on 39 Posts

You can keep it on another media and use carplay for navi. I will write to them again regarding this, they promised they will look into it
Old 09-19-2021, 04:18 PM
dbhajek
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dbhajek
Just finished my install,

The volume issue is a bummer. I am wondering if this is something that can be fixed with updates but I have a funny feeling they can't.

The sound quality is a bummer also. Im not an audiophile but it is noticeable. I would give up wireless CarPlay to be able to use the factory usb connection for the better sound.

Bud
Update

I didn't realize my Aux base and treble were all set to 0, after tuning it a little I am happy with the sound but like I said I am no audiophile

Old 09-19-2021, 11:25 PM
Willy07
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

What is the current firmware version of the iSudar board ?
thanks
Old 09-20-2021, 02:06 PM
Sudo911
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just installed mine here in Ireland - had to mount the board above the DAB module. The only problem I have is that I have no audio through the CarPlay apps - looks like the CarPlay upgrade has a dependency on the standard AUX option (which is the USB/iPod interface in the center console) - my Panamera doesnt have that as only AUX option is the AUX BT one.

To play audio from my iPhone I have to play through the standard AUX BT interface (PCM section on iPhone).

Anyone know if there is way I can enable the standard AUX setting in the interface?

Old 09-20-2021, 03:33 PM
BW369
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

This is a game-changer, I was planning on putting this away for another year or so but the value that Apple CarPlay brings to the car is worth the effort. I was initially planning on ordering the 9XX Research but at this price, and the hassle of not having another additional box I wanted to consider this ISUDAR module. In addition, the total cost is also attractive for me to pursue the install in my CPO Cayenne S. I have a 5-year-old so hoping that with the right set of mind and a school day I should be able to tackle this easily. I have had experience repairing MacBook Pros and iPhone, so I'm hoping that the small electronics should be less of an issue.
Old 09-20-2021, 06:25 PM
dbhajek
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BW369
This is a game-changer, I was planning on putting this away for another year or so but the value that Apple CarPlay brings to the car is worth the effort. I was initially planning on ordering the 9XX Research but at this price, and the hassle of not having another additional box I wanted to consider this ISUDAR module. In addition, the total cost is also attractive for me to pursue the install in my CPO Cayenne S. I have a 5-year-old so hoping that with the right set of mind and a school day I should be able to tackle this easily. I have had experience repairing MacBook Pros and iPhone, so I'm hoping that the small electronics should be less of an issue.
If you've worked on your MacBook and iPhones you should easily be able to do this. The hardest part for me was trying to shove the radio back in with the extra cables and connectors, but I have a 991.

Bud
Old 09-20-2021, 06:57 PM
BW369
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dbhajek
If you've worked on your MacBook and iPhones you should easily be able to do this. The hardest part for me was trying to shove the radio back in with the extra cables and connectors, but I have a 991.

Bud
I appreciate your message. looking forward to the install once the module arrives.
Old 09-21-2021, 11:40 AM
Simo_UK
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great write up @Fantasmos !
Do you know if this works OK with Bose? Is that the optical cable that you reference that needs to be moved?
Thanks!
Old 09-21-2021, 07:09 PM
alainpp
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the wired version of NM and i added the backup camera. How can I connect the backup camera to this new system?
Old 09-22-2021, 10:00 AM
rafamrqs
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 15 981 CS with the IDCORE unit installed. It worked fine for the first few months but yesterday it just simply stopped connecting to Carplay altogether. I ordered the Isudar unit today, I hope it is the improvement it sounds like it is =)
Old 09-24-2021, 03:26 AM
Fantasmos
Instructor

Received 92 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Simo_UK
Great write up @Fantasmos !
Do you know if this works OK with Bose? Is that the optical cable that you reference that needs to be moved?
Thanks!
It works fine with my Burmester, there's no major difference in terms of conectivity. You just need to move the optical cable from the original plug to the new one since it is not "bridged" like the normal ones (doesn't make sense for 10cm). Pretty easy, just do it carefuly and note the position, etc.
Old 09-24-2021, 01:54 PM
DrJet
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm trying to understand the audio option. Despite it has both wireless (BT) and plugged options, the output of audio is always through AUX via PCM?
The consensus here is the output of audio via AUX is inferior to either a native BT or IPOD with usb. Is it correct?
Thanks.
Old 09-24-2021, 05:14 PM
dbhajek
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DrJet
I'm trying to understand the audio option. Despite it has both wireless (BT) and plugged options, the output of audio is always through AUX via PCM?
The consensus here is the output of audio via AUX is inferior to either a native BT or IPOD with usb. Is it correct?
Thanks.
That is correct.

sometimes I’m fine with the sound sometimes it bothers me

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1