Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 01:59 AM
Fantasmos
Instructor

Received 92 Likes on 39 Posts

I think I was one of the first Porsche units they sold and being in the IT deparment gave them a whole list of things to consider + all the feedback from this thread. They will try to address the sound sync issue, already sent me an update which is on all new units fixing everything I reported to them which is great support, really more than I expected. Just be cautious, if you are performing an unit upgrade, make sure the phone paired to Carplay is not there or turned off. Or simply forget it, perform the upgrade and pair it anew.
Old 09-01-2021, 12:39 PM
Santirx
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Fantasmos
I think I was one of the first Porsche units they sold and being in the IT deparment gave them a whole list of things to consider + all the feedback from this thread. They will try to address the sound sync issue, already sent me an update which is on all new units fixing everything I reported to them which is great support, really more than I expected. Just be cautious, if you are performing an unit upgrade, make sure the phone paired to Carplay is not there or turned off. Or simply forget it, perform the upgrade and pair it anew.
You should join efforts with @konkab . He is doing the same, and he has intricate knowledge of firmware development. He is attempting to modify firmware for Isudar module to improve on many reported aspects, as he had done in the past successfully for Joye module.

Assuming the updates you are referring to had made it to the latest August firmware update?
Old 09-01-2021, 03:12 PM
rgfinnegan
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Santirx
You should join efforts with @konkab . He is doing the same, and he has intricate knowledge of firmware development. He is attempting to modify firmware for Isudar module to improve on many reported aspects, as he had done in the past successfully for Joye module.

Assuming the updates you are referring to had made it to the latest August firmware update?
How does one update the firmware on an already installed Isudar unit?
Old 09-01-2021, 03:52 PM
Fantasmos
Instructor

You need to put it on an empty flash, insert the flash drive into the cable used for the initial pairing, go to the Isudar menu -> Version and there will be an upgrade button available. Make sure the phone is not paired while you do so.
Old 09-01-2021, 04:48 PM
rgfinnegan
Advanced

You need to put it on an empty flash, insert the flash drive into the cable used for the initial pairing, go to the Isudar menu -> Version and there will be an upgrade button available. Make sure the phone is not paired while you do so.
What version of firmware do you feel is best as of this date? Does Isudar respond quickly to requests for firmware upgrades via email request?
Old 09-02-2021, 03:14 AM
Fantasmos
Instructor

Currently you don't need to update anything. If there's a new update worth applying I will post it here.
Old 09-05-2021, 05:26 PM
Sudo911
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might have missed this, but does the CarPlay SatNav/Waze use the inbuild GPS receiver, or does it need a separate 4G/5G SIM card?
Old 09-05-2021, 06:10 PM
dbhajek
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Sudo911
I might have missed this, but does the CarPlay SatNav/Waze use the inbuild GPS receiver, or does it need a separate 4G/5G SIM card?

carplay uses your phone GPS
Old 09-13-2021, 08:33 PM
rgfinnegan
Advanced

I ran into a problem when trying to perform the ISUDAR installation. There was a large device that had a large heat sink atop of it and it was in a position that made it impossible to install the ISUDAR Circuit Board with the materials supplied and my inept ability to modify things very much. Below is the PCM 3.1 out of my 2011 PTT. I put everything back into place and all functions as it did. I'm waiting for a response back from ISUDAR about a possible fix they may know. My guess is I won't be able to use the ISUDAR upgrade to obtain Carplay capability. After reading this thread I don't think I want to mess with the Joyauto version. Has anyone else run into this issue and solved the problem?

Old 09-15-2021, 09:34 AM
dbhajek
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rgfinnegan
I ran into a problem when trying to perform the ISUDAR installation. There was a large device that had a large heat sink atop of it and it was in a position that made it impossible to install the ISUDAR Circuit Board with the materials supplied and my inept ability to modify things very much. Below is the PCM 3.1 out of my 2011 PTT. I put everything back into place and all functions as it did. I'm waiting for a response back from ISUDAR about a possible fix they may know. My guess is I won't be able to use the ISUDAR upgrade to obtain Carplay capability. After reading this thread I don't think I want to mess with the Joyauto version. Has anyone else run into this issue and solved the problem?
Look at this video, he kind of had the same problem and what he had to do to get it to work.

Bud
The following 2 users liked this post by dbhajek:
David perkar (10-17-2022), Mikke (11-12-2021)
Old 09-15-2021, 09:43 PM
dbhajek
Rennlist Member

Just got it today, about two weeks.

Bud
Old 09-16-2021, 03:51 AM
rgfinnegan
Advanced

Bud, thanks for the video! I pulled everything apart again and was able to use the video to get it all installed.

All seems to work, although there really isn't any manual in the box sent. I'll check YouTube next for more info. I wish I could play music through the wired iPod connection, when in CarPlay, it really is much better sounding than AUX.
Old 09-16-2021, 06:14 AM
Fantasmos
Instructor

You can…
Old 09-16-2021, 10:11 AM
GT4Kevin
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 50 Posts

Got mine Monday, I'll tackle it maybe this weekend. The install seems pretty involved but everyone's pictures and feedback here will help immensely
Old 09-16-2021, 11:33 AM
Fantasmos
Instructor

Just take your time and don’t rush things and you will be fine

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1