Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2021, 08:47 AM
Hennie
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Upgrading firmware

I try to upgrade the FW to BSJ_2021_11_24 but all I get is a black screen. This is what I did.

1-I turn my phone off.
2-I connect the USB stick with the map "OSU_Settings" and the file "ISPBOOOT.BIN" on it.
3-I switch on the contact off the car.
4-I go to the settingsscreen > about version and push update.
4-Now a screen appears with 2 options "Cancel" and "Update SOC". The option "Update MCU" stays in ghostmode.
5-When I push "Update SOC" a screen appears that says that the headunit will restart but the only thing I see is a blanc screen. I waited I long time before I removed de PCM fuse to startup the unit again because it stays blanc.

Question: what went wrong?

Old 12-09-2021, 10:18 AM
Hennie
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Hennie
I try to upgrade the FW to BSJ_2021_11_24 but all I get is a black screen. This is what I did.

1-I turn my phone off.
2-I connect the USB stick with the map "OSU_Settings" and the file "ISPBOOOT.BIN" on it.
3-I switch on the contact off the car.
4-I go to the settingsscreen > about version and push update.
4-Now a screen appears with 2 options "Cancel" and "Update SOC". The option "Update MCU" stays in ghostmode.
5-When I push "Update SOC" a screen appears that says that the headunit will restart but the only thing I see is a blanc screen. I waited I long time before I removed de PCM fuse to startup the unit again because it stays blanc.

Question: what went wrong?

Finely find the solution.... The USB stick was not formatted FAT32...😏
After formatted the USB stick from FAT to FAT32 everything went fine. You have to be a little patience when you push "Update SOC" because the sreen is blanc for a few seconds before the update screen comes on.
The following users liked this post:
Santirx (12-09-2021)
Old 12-10-2021, 08:53 AM
m3g4k0t
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Volume control is syncronized only after MCU update with files published ealier, but "back button" from steering wheel still controls dashboard menu and carplay!!

Please make another update for MCU to fix this issue!!!! ITS TERRIBLE!!!!

Thnx and good day.
Old 12-10-2021, 09:28 AM
Santirx
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by m3g4k0t
Volume control is syncronized only after MCU update with files published ealier, but "back button" from steering wheel still controls dashboard menu and carplay!!

Please make another update for MCU to fix this issue!!!! ITS TERRIBLE!!!!

Thnx and good day.
Wholeheartedly in agreement here. I even made a video of the problem and emailed to @Kimiiii. This is probably a more annoying issue than the volume one. @Kimiiii once again, we are asking the steering wheel return button issue to be fixed.
Old 12-14-2021, 05:55 PM
systemr
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

So I happened to get the new revised board as a warranty replacement for the rev 1 board. I just swapped them out and I think its better but honestly the Bose system in a 991.1 911 isn't the greatest and I was happy with it before anyways. Anways I'd highly recommend the iSudar system as the HW and support are both vastly better than the Joyeauto board+box that I originally had. Nobody at this point should go joyeauto or NM auto at this point IMO.

I have an extra brand new set of the LVDS (video) cables and BT/WiFi cables for anybody who needs them. Saw upthread people had issues with theirs. PM me

New HW revision and firmware I think?

Last edited by systemr; 12-14-2021 at 06:06 PM.
Old 12-14-2021, 06:11 PM
don16
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by systemr
So I happened to get the new revised board as a warranty replacement for the rev 1 board. I just swapped them out and I think its better but honestly the Bose system in a 991.1 911 isn't the greatest and I was happy with it before anyways. Anways I'd highly recommend the iSudar system as the HW and support are both vastly better than the Joyeauto board+box that I originally had. Nobody at this point should go joyeauto or NM auto at this point IMO.

I have an extra brand new set of the LVDS (video) cables and BT/WiFi cables for anybody who needs them. Saw upthread people had issues with theirs. PM me

So is left the old board? And right is new?

Looks like left side of board on new version is missing chips but on right side it's gained chips?

Last edited by don16; 12-14-2021 at 06:16 PM.
Old 12-14-2021, 06:19 PM
systemr
Instructor

Originally Posted by don16
So is left the old board? And right is new?

Looks like left side of board on new version is missing chips but on right side it's gained chips?
yes new one is on the right with the additional chips Kimiiii highlighted up thread. good eye didn't even notice the left side changed a bit as well.
Old 12-14-2021, 06:19 PM
pascal1321
2nd Gear

Hi, I installed the Isudar card three weeks ago but I can't seem to get the waze sound on the car radio.
The wifi is connected as well as the Bluetooth, when I am on the ISUDAR interface I launch Spotify I have to mute and then turn on the sound via the button on the steering wheel to hear something suddenly I have the impression that it is it is the car radio that broadcasts via my phone and not the Spotify app from the interface. I only have AUX BT in my options.
Old 12-14-2021, 06:27 PM
systemr
Instructor

Originally Posted by pascal1321
Hi, I installed the Isudar card three weeks ago but I can't seem to get the waze sound on the car radio.
The wifi is connected as well as the Bluetooth, when I am on the ISUDAR interface I launch Spotify I have to mute and then turn on the sound via the button on the steering wheel to hear something suddenly I have the impression that it is it is the car radio that broadcasts via my phone and not the Spotify app from the interface. I only have AUX BT in my options.
This happened to me too, see instructions below on how to turn off AUX BT and what to do if you can't find AUX in the source menu:

4. If you are using Wireless Carplay, deactivate the PCM AUX BT. This one took me weeks to figure out. Every time I would turn my car on, I intermittently had connections issues that would prevent Apple Carplay to activate or play any sound, and it would require me 4 to 5 minutes (sometimes unpairing and pairing the whole thing again) for it to work. I came to the realization that AUX BT and the Carplay module bluetooth were fighting for which could connect first. If the Carplay module connected first, no issues. If the PCM AUX BT connected first, it created a significant connection issue. Apparently the AUX BT and the AUX share the same channel, and you can use one or the other. To deactivate AUX BT in PCM 3.1 see,

. This video shows how to activate AUX BT, but you can follow steps to deactivate.

if you can't find AUX input in Source, try reset the PCM "Press and hold the Info button for approximately 10 seconds until the PCM reboots. Immediately select the following from the CAR>>OPTION>>Set PCM System>>Reset PCM>>Vehicle Handover>>Yes>
The following 2 users liked this post by systemr:
BW369 (12-14-2021), Santirx (12-14-2021)
Old 12-14-2021, 06:32 PM
BW369
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Willy07
@kimi
Would there be a board exchange program offered for current users ?
haha even if that were the case I don't want to open the PCM for the 10th time
Old 12-14-2021, 06:33 PM
pascal1321
2nd Gear

I have already reset my PCM and I have only AUX BT in my settings, if I turn of the BT I don’t listen anything in the ISUDAR interface.
Problem I don’t have jack plug in my car

Last edited by pascal1321; 12-14-2021 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-14-2021, 06:47 PM
systemr
Instructor

Originally Posted by BW369
haha even if that were the case I don't want to open the PCM for the 10th time
Common now, I've done this at least 10x in my own car and for two buddies cars. It's down to like 10-15 mins total now from removal to back into the car. Power tools help , didn't have the right bit the first time to take out the radio and did it with a fold out hex wrench....

Originally Posted by pascal1321
I have already reset my PCM and I have only AUX BT in my settings, if I turn of the BT I don’t listen anything in the ISUDAR interface.
Problem I don’t have jack plug in my car
Well can't help you there, if you don't actually have an AUX jack then you won't get AUX 3.5mm input
Old 12-15-2021, 02:47 AM
mrmaxx
AutoX

Very interesting!
Can you say already something in regards to the sound quality? SQ should be the main improvement I understand....and from my point of view, this is the point that needed to be improved!!

Thanks in advance!
Max
Old 12-15-2021, 12:59 PM
Santirx
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

Common now, I've done this at least 10x in my own car and for two buddies cars. It's down to like 10-15 mins total now from removal to back into the car. Power tools help , didn't have the right bit the first time to take out the radio and did it with a fold out hex wrench....
I’m right there with you…😊. I can do this now with my eyes closed. I’m worried now more about wear and tear due to all the times I have removed mine…😁
The following users liked this post:
MrLArgo (03-27-2023)
Old 12-15-2021, 01:33 PM
torresfe
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good Afternoon Gentleman's.

I try to order the New Isudar Board from the Poland warehouse, utilizing the link provided on post #227.
While checking out thru Paypal, I'm receiving an error massage that item would not ship to US and transaction get cancel.

Can someone chime in if you are ordering from a different source or have gone thru the same issue.

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1