Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2024, 11:42 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 126 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by ZedZed
'Side by side' (or 'based on personal observation') is what 'anecdotal' means. At least we agree that you have no substantive evidence for your claim that Mr 12V is inherently superior. As it is more expensive than Isudar, I'd hope it would be better! But making claims unsupported other than by anecdotal evidence is probably not the best way to put across Mr 12V's alleged advantages. If your product is superior, then tell people why and they will flock to it. Making dubious claims is more likely to put people off.

I have heard only good things about the Mr 12V solution and am disappointed that unsubstantiated claims need to be made in an undisguised sales pitch.
You can call it however you like. I put it in my own vehicle years ago after seeing and hearing it in person. I was not even aware at that time that it used the fiber optic system.

I feel like your trying to poke holes in a product that has proven itself in the market as well as users hands. They don't feel the need to give out their hardware details, and I don't think they should have to. I doubt they are interested in having a ton of low quality clones.

Our website is now LIVE! please visit us at www.ACSByRoman.com

COUPON CODE "toys" FOR FREE INSTALL KIT!

On site install is available in the Philadelphia PA area as is Global shipping!

CLICK HERE JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP
Old 03-28-2024, 11:55 AM
ZedZed
Burning Brakes

Received 217 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Roman ACS
You can call it however you like. I put it in my own vehicle years ago after seeing and hearing it in person. I was not even aware at that time that it used the fiber optic system.

I feel like your trying to poke holes in a product that has proven itself in the market as well as users hands. They don't feel the need to give out their hardware details, and I don't think they should have to. I doubt they are interested in having a ton of low quality clones.
I'm certainly not trying to 'poke holes' in the product. I already said I have heard only good things about it. My issue was not with the product but with your attempt to imply that Mr 12V was superior to other solutions because "it uses wifi and bluetooth together". You must know that ALL CarPlay and Android Auto systems use wifi and bluetooth together, so there is no advantage to Mr 12V there, and trying to imply one is at the least disingenuous and unworthy.

I'd also point out that this is an Isudar thread (subject: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1), so promotions of competing products may be generally frowned on anyway (although not by me personally) so caution must be exercised.

Enough anyway - people will be getting bored with this to-and-fro I suspect. Good luck with Mr 12V - the big advantage I think you should be promoting is its superior sound quality compared with Isudar. That is not anecdotal or speculative, but easily demonstrated. There is really no need to do more IMO.
The following 5 users liked this post by ZedZed:
CaptainSlowly (04-27-2024), Chuck245 (03-28-2024), Sam_M (03-29-2024), ssmith96 (03-29-2024), Westcoast (03-28-2024)
Old 04-08-2024, 10:59 AM
Willy07
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Did Mr12V ever fix their graphic banding issue on the screen ??? That looks like S*&*9t. , and in no way better than iSudar.
Old 04-26-2024, 01:33 AM
chrisgo
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hoping for some help ... no power to PCM

Just purchased 2 days ago from Isudar Shopify website. Vehicle is a 2014 991.1 with Bose & Sirius. I removed the sirius cable inside the PCM unit but kept the board

Hoping it is not the harness but getting no power to PCM - not even turning on.

Removed fiber-optic from vehicle harness and it is not attached to anything.

1) Plug the vehicle harness directly to PCM, I can see the fiber-optic light up (red) since cable is removed from harness
2) Plug the vehicle harness to the Isudar harness then Isudar harness to PCM, the fiber-optic does not even light up. Fiber-optic cable is not yet connected to new harness

Been just making sure it is "seated" and tried it a couple of times with no luck. Not really sure how I can test the "seating" more?

Not really sure how to troubleshoot what seems to be the most basic step ...

Note: I had previously installed Joyeauto (with the fuse and everything) successfully in another 991.1 so this is my 2nd install but I am stumped

Last edited by chrisgo; 04-26-2024 at 01:39 AM.
Old 04-26-2024, 02:41 AM
21Pan4
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisgo
Hoping for some help ... no power to PCM
Just purchased 2 days ago from Isudar Shopify website. Vehicle is a 2014 991.1 with Bose & Sirius. I removed the sirius cable inside the PCM unit but kept the board
Hoping it is not the harness but getting no power to PCM - not even turning on...
The fibre optic cable has nothing to do with power, only sound output. It has nothing to do with your issue.

Did you check your PCM fuse? Perhaps it blew at some point.

If the fuse is good, it's possible the Isudar board is pushed too high up and part of it is contacting the DVD player. Remove the DVD player entirely and plug things back in to test if that is the cause of your issue. I had the problem with the Isudar chip contacting the DVD over bumps and it would power reset the PCM. I installed a thin piece of plastic over top the Isudar board and that resolved the issue.

I kept the XM wire harness for my install, but cut off the protruding top part of the connector to make the Isudar board fit. I used the two different length standoffs stacked to install my Isudar board.

Last edited by 21Pan4; 04-26-2024 at 02:51 AM.
Old 04-26-2024, 03:57 AM
Tangerine
Pro

Received 124 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisgo
Hoping it is not the harness but getting no power to PCM - not even turning on.
Sounds like you are checking the right things. First time I put it in I also had no power. The problem was the power plug wasn't properly seated in the extension harness. I thought it was for whatever reason, and after some unplugging and replugging it went in the right way.
The following users liked this post:
David perkar (05-09-2024)
Old 04-26-2024, 04:02 AM
ozzythething
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Tangerine
Sounds like you are checking the right things. First time I put it in I also had no power. The problem was the power plug wasn't properly seated in the extension harness. I thought it was for whatever reason, and after some unplugging and replugging it went in the right way.
yep the iSudar harness needs a separate power connection and it’s very easy to miss. I’d check all wiring.

The first time I installed mine, I had no power either.
Old 04-26-2024, 04:14 AM
ozzythething
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Hey I was wondering: Has anyone tried to add night vision?

I saw this video and it looked super cool:

It’s in the 958 adaptive cruise retrofit thread. Apparently all you need is the camera module and it outputs an RCA signal which then could be plugged into the iSudar easily.

The user says that they used the FLIR camera module which is actually the exact same part used in the 3rd gen Cayenne however he didn’t mention where he got it.

I’ve checked eBay for the camera that user had installed. It’s the same camera for VW and Audi, just different part numbers and the VW Tiguan part was like $300 used.

So I’m considering getting the camera and wiring it to the video input on the iSudar board but wondering if anyone has tried something like this before?

Also, the map display in the instrument cluster is apparently also RCA but I haven’t messed with it yet. Could wire up a Raspberry Pi for some cool visuals. Maybe add a CAN bus adapter for OBD data? Or a camera input and object detection?

I have this project idea that involves a Raspberry Pi (actually another single board computer that has an onboard tensor accelerator chip) and some sort of video input, then reading all license plates as I drive and give an audio warning if a plate matches an unmarked police vehicle. I don’t know how I could get plate numbers for cop cars but it could be crowd sourced or maybe a FOIA request would yield some results?

Last edited by ozzythething; 04-26-2024 at 04:24 AM.
Old 04-26-2024, 05:03 AM
Roman ACS
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 126 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Willy07
Did Mr12V ever fix their graphic banding issue on the screen ??? That looks like S*&*9t. , and in no way better than iSudar.
Im really unsure what is the issue that is you speak of.

The screen shows the maps are crisp, as are videos. The only time there was any banding was on some backgrounds in Pandora.
​​​​​
These kinds of comments only come from users who have never seen the system first hand.

Below are some images from a recent mr12volt install. As you can see they qualify is as high as the pcm screen allows.
​​​​​​
​​​​​

Last edited by Roman ACS; 04-26-2024 at 05:11 AM.
Old 04-26-2024, 08:25 PM
chrisgo
Intermediate

Smile

Originally Posted by Tangerine
The problem was the power plug wasn't properly seated in the extension harness.
It was earlier up in this thread ... the power harness (the big one) was not properly seated .. press it in, then press it in again
Old 04-26-2024, 08:30 PM
chrisgo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 21Pan4
The fibre optic cable has nothing to do with power, only sound output. It has nothing to do with your issue.
Thanks for your reply .. it was the power block (giant one that plugs into the PCM back)

Here is how I was able to get the XM wire out

Last edited by chrisgo; 04-26-2024 at 08:35 PM.
Old 04-27-2024, 09:09 AM
CaptainSlowly
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Thanks everyone that’s contributed to this thread. I found it very useful in getting my 981 Isudar connected.

I had issues initially with my PCM no longer turning on at all. I had to re-connect both sides of the big connector (even though they both seemed fully seated before) and that fixed it.

Much happier with this setup vs the joyeauto I installed on my previous 981 that only had CDR31.

One question I couldn’t easily search to find an answer for : Should I still have my iPhone paired directly to the PCM for phone calls or not?
Old 04-27-2024, 03:08 PM
chrisgo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CaptainSlowly
Should I still have my iPhone paired directly to the PCM for phone calls or not?
I removed PCM from my iPhone but have not tested phone calls yet. I do NOT have the Isudar microphone connected and Siri seems to still be ok so I am hoping the phone calls will be ok
The following users liked this post:
CaptainSlowly (04-27-2024)
Old 04-27-2024, 05:29 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,662 Likes on 2,713 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainSlowly
Thanks everyone that’s contributed to this thread. I found it very useful in getting my 981 Isudar connected.

I had issues initially with my PCM no longer turning on at all. I had to re-connect both sides of the big connector (even though they both seemed fully seated before) and that fixed it.

Much happier with this setup vs the joyeauto I installed on my previous 981 that only had CDR31.

One question I couldn’t easily search to find an answer for : Should I still have my iPhone paired directly to the PCM for phone calls or not?
No, you should be paired to the Isudar, AA/CP operation to the phone requires that you have the phone paired to it and not the PCM. This way when you are in AA/CP the call control will appear on that screen.
The following 2 users liked this post by Westcoast:
CaptainSlowly (04-27-2024), David perkar (05-09-2024)
Old 04-29-2024, 07:15 PM
Shotgun
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ZedZed
I'm not sure if this will help or not, but if you have a PCM BT connection set up in your phone, delete it and then try the Isudar again. When I first installed mine, the PCM BT kept grabbing the connection. Worth a try, (You don;t need the PCM BT connection any more - everything goes via the Isudar board).
The advice from Zed to avoid removing ribbon cables from the PCM faceplate or the CDR cable from the PCM motherboard has been invaluable. However, his pièce de résistance was his recommendation to delete or unpair the PCM Bluetooth feature from your phone. Simply brilliant! I now enjoy full, two-way, crystal-clear phone functionality thanks to my Isudar CP/AA upgrade. Thank you all, especially Zed—you're the man!
The following 3 users liked this post by Shotgun:
CaptainSlowly (04-29-2024), David perkar (05-09-2024), ZedZed (04-29-2024)

Quick Reply: Isudar Carplay for PCM 3.1